collapse

* Who's Online

1 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 6. Most Online Ever: 30 (November 11, 2018, 06:04:53 PM)

* Recent Posts

Animal Talk
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM

Roll20 Session Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM

Getting the band back together
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
March 06, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

Alone in the Dark
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
February 20, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Absences & Scheduling Issues
►Last Post by Euron Sand
November 16, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

The Forgotten
►Last Post by Levinath
November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 AM

Kara-Tur Adventures
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
October 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Jinharath
►Last Post by Jinharath
October 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Trolling
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
October 05, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

Half-Life and Death Experience
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
September 05, 2018, 10:17:15 PM

Roll20 Session Logs

  • 60 Replies
  • 21159 Views
*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15:09 PM »
Session 47

Levinath (GM): Chaos erupted in the streets of Neverwinter. People screamed and ran after the massive explosion inside the Temple of Helm sent men running from the temple as their flesh fell off their bones. The city had been attacked by masked men and powerful shadows. What group would be so bold to strike and destroy a Church of Helm. The hubris seemed almost laughable, until those standing in the remains of the torn structure recalled Neverwinter had no leader.

Cullen Rutherford: "Torm protect us. A blight bomb detonated inside Neverwinter."

Jinharath: Jin looks confused as she backed away from the temple's entrance. "They killed their own man," she said, seeing the black robes of the cultist in amongst the fallen bodies.

Levinath (GM): The two guards with Rutherford quickly ran off the deal with innocents and secure the perimeter.

Wolfe: "Yeah they're real jerks." Wolfe grumbles, holding his side after he'd been man-handled by the monsters that had appeared from almost nowhere.

Jinharath: Jin moved forward again after taking a beat to assess the matter. Carefully, she picked her way into the temple and knelt by the cultist's body. She checks for identifying marks or other items of interest.

Levinath (GM): She finds the symbol of a black hand with a strange, jagged circle tattooed onto the each of the men's neck, but otherwise finds no items on any of them.

Jinharath: ((How many cultists are there inside?))

Dr. Wicker: With a twitch of her nose, the librarianesque scientist casts a sweeping glance at the results of this chaos among the populace. This was no simple attack, surely.

Jinharath:

Wolfe: Wolfe tries to gather if there's more dead or injured than just The Watch (and friend?)

Cullen Rutherford: A dozen of Westra and Euron's colleagues in the church are dead, various pieces of their bodies have the flesh charred, bubbled, or melted from their skeletons, their skin is quickly turning black.

Jinharath: "Fantatics," she asserts, as she emerges from the temple once more.

Dr. Wicker: "Was the temple holding anything that may be of value to... these terrorists?" she asks broadly, if only to give air to possible motive.

Wolfe: "Maybe they just wanted to sow some mayhem."

Cullen Rutherford: "These are the cultists I was dealing with tot he southeast, before I returned to Neverwinter several months ago. Things have not been going well on that front. Their shadow magics put entire towns of people into some kind of nightmare dream, they cannot be woken."

Jinharath: "But they did not take anything," she observes, frowning. "The one who went in is dead with the priests."

Wolfe: "So they're zealots."

Jinharath: She nods.

Cullen Rutherford: "They are not within a hundred miles of Neverwinter, though. I don't understand why they would attack here, and the Temple of Helm."

Jinharath: "Fanatics need no logic. But that is a distance to travel. Maybe they mean to make inroads in Neverwinter while there is chaos."

Dr. Wicker: "There is logic in all motives, its just.. umm.. not always sane logic."

Cullen Rutherford: He scratches his head, clearly frustrated. "Look. We can take care of this....but, we need Lord and Lady Neverember back."

Jinharath: She narrows her eyes curiously at the doctor, as though trying to decipher something..

Wolfe: "Sounds better for us to focus on shutting down these cultists then helping that piece of garbage Neverember."

Cullen Rutherford sighs.

Jinharath: "They may be connected," she points out to Wolfe.

Dr. Wicker: "I think we need to...uh... consider the efficacy and potency of their attack in what their motive may be."

Wolfe: "Lucky for Neverember - I'm hoping they're not."
"The world's a better place if he's gone from it."

Jinharath: "This one," she said, pointing to Rutherford, "said no one knows about Neverember and Tylmandra being missing. If that's true, this is a strange time to begin an assault."

Dr. Wicker: "That kind of atmospheric disturbance is not a parlor trick..."

Jinharath: "I.." she narrows her eyes again, slightly frustrating. "What language is this? I am unfamiliar." --towards the doctor.

Wolfe: "What, Cat?"

Cullen Rutherford: "Hmmm....that is a strange coincidence."

Wolfe: "She's talking Latanese Science."

Jinharath: Jin's brows lift in an "ahhh" sort of face, but then her brow creases again in uncertainty.

Dr. Wicker: The half elf points up towards the sky, that was darkened before the attack.

Cullen Rutherford: "Latanese Science...." He mutters.

Dr. Wicker: "LaN-tanese."

Cullen Rutherford: "Lan-tense...."

Jinharath: "I am Jinharath. I would like to know why these people do not remember things as they happened, and why fanatics have come so far to help sow destruction in a place that clearly already has plenty. If you are going to investigate, I would help you."
She is speaking to Wolfe and the Doctor, btw.

Wolfe: "I'm Wolfe. This is Doctor Wicker. Father Euron Sand. Jonias." He gestures to each in turn. "We're known around here as The Watch."

Jinharath: Not so much Cullen.

Cullen Rutherford: He shakes his head. "Perhaps I can send Westra and a contingent after Neverember." He laughs. "He would love that."

Dr. Wicker: The bespectacled woman gives Jinharath a somewhat timid wave in greeting.

Wolfe: "Westra should be going with us."
"She's part of the Watch just as much as Cat or I."
"And again. Fuck Neverember. You're better off without him."

Cullen Rutherford: "Uhhh, that was a specific order from the Lord Commander."

Jinharath: She nodded to each of the people Wolfe introduced, seeming to size them each up in turn.

Cullen Rutherford: "She is just as unruly as that half-orc. Keep here away from that....." He swallowed. "Well you can probably guess the rest."

Wolfe: "...What?"

Cullen Rutherford: "He is crass....I will admit, but he manages the city well. And I have my duty to the people, Wolfe."

Dr. Wicker: The talk of The Watch as it were was a little odd to Catriona, given that it had been such a long time since they were collected as a group.

Jinharath: "Where were the missing ones last seen, and when?"

Cullen Rutherford: "The Lord and Lady were in their bed chambers in the castle. Three nights prior."

Jinharath: She grimaced, and after that answer hesitated to suggest that they search the last room they were in.

Wolfe: "So. About these cultists."

Dr. Wicker: (She doesnt)
"They can blot out the sun."

Jinharath: "From where did they come, as far as you know?" she asked Rutherford.

Wolfe: "Yeah, thanks Cat. So, Rutherford, these cultists were a hundred miles from here?"

Cullen Rutherford: "Uhhh..well..we were investigating the village of Yartar. Where all the residences are seemingly stuck in an endless nightmare. We cannot rouse them, but they seem to continue to sleep endlessly."

Jinharath: "This is connected to the cultists how?"

Euron: Euron's attention is focused upon Rutherford as he explains this endless nightmare. Something about it bothers him, but he cannot yet name what it is.

Cullen Rutherford: "Yartar is near one of the areas you first adventured." He says to Wolfe before looking to Jin. "While we were investigating the occurrence, we were attacked by several of these same shadow creatures. They looked exactly like those." He motioned towards where the shadows had appeared. "Came right out of the darkness, screaming and swinging."

Jinharath: "And... you left them?" she asked, eyes narrowing curiously.

Jonias: Jonias kept watch over his friend Euron, ignoring the others and instead watching to see how the cleric would react to the loss of his brothers.

Cullen Rutherford: "We could not do anything to rouse the residence and were eventually forced by as our men began to fall to the same dream states."

Jinharath: "Hmm."

Cullen Rutherford: ((forced back*))

Euron: "These cultists are called known as the Black Claw." Euron said.

Jinharath: "It is worth looking at, I think," she said, looking to the rest of the group. "If these same cultists are concentrated there."
Jin looked over as the cleric seemed to wake from his fugue of grief.

Euron: "Adherents of the Black Claw take special pleasure in killing worshipers of Helm."

Wolfe: "Somehow I like this version of Rutherford less and less with each passing tale."

Cullen Rutherford: "The darkness has been expanding from the region over the past months, but we cannot seem to make sense of how to fight or impede it."

Wolfe: "And you think it's more important to find Neverember rather than dealing with that?"

Dr. Wicker: "This sounds like a secret religion war... or.. um.. something."

Euron: "Yes, Doctor. That's pretty much what it is."

Cullen Rutherford: "We have time to address that, I can't address a city in disorder and threats outside it simultaneously."

Jinharath: "I doubt the people locked in nightmares view the matter the same," she said offhandedly.

Euron: "Lord Neverember and Lady Tylmandra are accomplished warriors, aren't they?" Euron asked.

Jinharath: "I wish to go to this Yartar."

Jonias: "Say the word my friend, and I will help you track down the Black Claw cultists who did this."

Jinharath: "The Lady Tylmandra was, but that may be one more thing she has forgotten."

Cullen Rutherford: Rutherford seems to be growing tired of the constant criticism. "Fine. Go do what you will, I shall look for others for this task."

Euron: Euron turned to Captain Rutherford.
"Captain, I understand that you're doing your best. We're not trying to make your job harder. But this darkess you speak of is hungry and all-consuming. If we don't stop them now, it's not going to matter what kind of town that Lord Neverember and Lady Tylmandra come back to."
"No one can rule over an empire of the dead."

Jinharath: "Well.. no one you want, at least."

Dr. Wicker: "Actually-.." she starts, but Jinharath makes her point for her.

Euron: "...as the lady says." Euron said, conceding the minor point. Euron doesn't like thinking about necromancers.
No one likes thinking about necromancers.

Jinharath: "I have taken some blows," she admits, frowning. "I will need to rest before setting out. But if the rest of you are intent on investigating this nightmare oddity, I would like to go with you."

Dr. Wicker: "Doesn't the Helmites have warriors that handle these sorts of things?"

Levinath (GM): With the help of paladins under Rutherford's command, Euron, Jonias, are able to give all members of the clergy their last rights, though during the process all their remains turn a pitch black from head to toe.

Wolfe: "Yeah we'll rest and get some supplies and then head out."
"I could definitely use a damn nap."

Euron: Euron has to set aside his rage at seeing his people treated so. He would see to it that they were avenged.
"Agreed. We'll find the source of this and put a stop to it."

Jinharath: "Meet back here at dawn?" she suggested.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks around to see if his favorite watering hole still stands - it's not far from where they fought.

Levinath (GM): It sure is.

Jonias: "A good rest will perhaps clear our heads as to the best course of action as well."

Wolfe: "Hey, at least The Dewy Rose is still open!"
"Sure, let's meet back here at dawn. I'm going to find a wagon and a beer."

Cullen Rutherford: "I wish you well. Torm watch over you."

Dr. Wicker: "A wagon?" she asks, curiously.

Jinharath: Jinharath nods a short farewell to the others, then turns and heads off.

Dr. Wicker: (It is tho I thought)

Jinharath: She follows after Rutherford and jogs to catch up to his side. "Can I see their room?"

Dr. Wicker: (with LEROY)

Wolfe: "Sure. Did you get the Rex back?"

Dr. Wicker: She nods to Wolfe.

Euron: "And Helm over you, Captain." Euron said.
"Jonias, let me buy you a drink, friend. I've seen enough death for today. A drink and some rest would help me figure out our next move."

Cullen Rutherford: He seems surprised, but nods.

Dr. Wicker: "I can go give it some ... uh.. attention. Make sure it is road ready."

Jonias: "A drink sounds good Brother Euron."

Wolfe: "Oh. Good."

Dr. Wicker: "I did acquire some new ideas from our friends in the East that I may be able to incorporate."

Jonias: "And yes Wolfe, Euron and i traveled back with LEROY and the Rex.

Wolfe: "Oh?"
"Nice."

Dr. Wicker: "Or at least start to. Umm.. I will get right on it."

Wolfe: "Okay, good. Dawn, then. I'll join you two for that drink and meal - if that's alright?"

Levinath (GM): It takes about thirty minutes of travel and traversing the castle to come to a massive room where the Lord and Lady bed in Neverwinter Castle. The room is in pristine order when Jin is lead in by Rutherford.

Dr. Wicker: "And... nice to see ..uh..everyone again."
She gives a small wave to Jonias and Euron before they head off.

Jonias: "Nonsense, Dr. Wicker. You should join us too."

Cullen Rutherford: "Nothing out of place, just gone."

Euron: "That's a great idea, Wolfe. Everyone's welcome, of course."

Jinharath: Jin walks through the room, touching nothing but letting her eyes pass over the whole of it, looking for anything unusual.

Dr. Wicker: "I think I would be best getting us ready so there are no problems. If I am free later, I will..um.. attend."

Levinath (GM): Jin seens a prinstine room without anything out of place.Surely no one actually stays here.

Jinharath: She looks specifically at the windows and/or balcony door (if there is one), trying to discern any sign of strange use or struggle.
But finding none, she shakes her head and turns back to leave. "Mysterious," she agrees.
"No strange behavior before they disappeared?"

Levinath (GM): The windows are little more than arrow slits, though they do open, nothing of substance could fit through them.

Jonias: Jonias darts around the doctor, impeding her escape, "None of that now Dr. Wicker. We haven't seen you in months and on the moment we meet everyone has lost their minds and a cloud literally descended upon the city. I think we stick together from here on out."

Euron: Euron will let Wolfe lead the way to the Dewy Rose, going to speak to the Half-Orc.
"How were things in the East? You look good. You also seem lighter."

Cullen Rutherford: "Just another day as any other. Lady Tylmandra was assisting with some rebuilding in the market district and Neverwinter held court and council most of the day. They at dinner alone and went to be around their normal time. Neverwinter was quite riled up about Luskan and they overthrow of the Captains. Baram is not an ideal ally for Neverwinter."

Dr. Wicker: "AH!" is her response to Jonias startling her.

Jinharath: "Yes, well, who is."

Wolfe: "...Lighter?" Wolfe asks, turning to Euron quizzically. "I don't follow."

Jinharath: "Thank you," she told Rutherford, and then headed out.

Euron: "As in...you seem unburdened."

Jinharath: She makes her way to the tavern the others mentioned, though it's fairly habitual to move with the shadows instead of out in the open.

Jonias: "Yes 'Ah!' Good to see you too again Doctor," The elf says playfully while rolling his eyes. He gestured towards where Wolfe and Euron lead the way.

Dr. Wicker: She makes a perplexed face of almost toddler like confusion or frustration in resolving this moment of social interaction.

Wolfe: "Oh." Wolfe blinks, considering that for a moment. He was quiet and contemplative - obviously the Cleric's observation seeming to weigh heavily on the mind of the Half-Orc. "The Shogun accepted my daughter back. She was punished, but not harshly. It.. was a great relief. I spent some time finding my way back to who I was, a bit. I did a few services for my Shogun, and he granted me a release from his service. He said my debt to him was done."

Dr. Wicker: "I... uh... okay. I suppose a momentary morale restoring outing may have..um.. some value. For a short while."

Jonias: "Yes a momentary one... or several moments, who knows? All I know is that when I'm near all of you exciting things happen."

Euron: I'm glad that Sera was accepted back. Her road was difficult, but you never gave up on her. Not all daughters are as fortunate as yours." Euron said.
"But your debt to the Shogun is paid and we're all back together again. I'm glad for it. I briefly thought that we all wouldn't see each other again."

Levinath (GM): The night falls and passes without incident for the group.
Jinharath: Though she arrives nearly an hour after the others, Jin will attempt to sate her rising curiosity by observing them unseen.
But will leave them to their apparent reunion, and eventually take off to find rest for the night.

Euron: "Well, minus Jonias and I. The elves took interest in Sunderwood and helped restore it."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona instructs LEROY to park the REX by a family wagon and carriage shop she is familiar with in the city. Then she will quietly follow with the boys in an all out attempt not to be awkward.

Wolfe: "I almost didn't come back, to be honest. But after all that time away, it wasn't quite home anymore. Not without my wife, anyway. It's weird to say - but I don't think I have much of a home anymore. I just felt the need to come back and put my swordarm to use."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "As you command Mistress. It is good to be back in your service."

L.E.R.O.Y.: The dawn of a new day finds everyone restored with a full belly and long rest.

Euron: Euron nodded. "I understand. Sunderwood was very quiet. The city seems almost too loud now."

L.E.R.O.Y.: Leroy wakes each member of the party promptly between 9 and 9:10 AM.

Jinharath: Jin returns to the temple at dawn, her supplies packed into a slim rucksack on her back.

Jonias: Jonias spent most of the night pouring over the tome with Beryl after his meditations.

Euron: Euron had a drink or two, ate, and then found lodgings. He woke early the following morning and began his prayers, asking Helm for the power necessary to find and destroy the Black Claw.
He arrives to join the others, gear and weapons in hand.

Dr. Wicker: After attending the mandatory team building exercise, Catriona exits to go work on the REX for most of the evening.

Levinath (GM): The Doc finds that the Rex has not had the recommended maintenance performed during the past six months. Slackers.

Wolfe: Wolfe had only one drink, ate a hardy meal, then slept. When he awoke the next morning, bright and early, he'd do his katas in his room then take a bath - the last he'd likely get for a while - then don his clothes and heavy armor and head out to the square.

Levinath (GM): With the new (and improved?) Watch ready to head out, the most logical route would be to take the High Road south to the Triboar trail and then meander over to Yartar.

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor will find the others at the appointed time. There is slight evidence that she didn't get as much sleep as everyone else, though she is presentable, as is always important to her.

Wolfe: "You still remember how to drive this thing, Doc?"

Jinharath: Jinharath eyed the souped-up carriage with some hesitance as it approached.

Dr. Wicker: The Rex looks cleaned off and retrofitted with strange odds and steampunk ends that likely makes no sense to anyone.
No horses are present!

Jinharath: "What... has happened to your wagon?" she asked, coming abreast with the others.

Dr. Wicker: She nods to Wolfe. "LEROY will pilot. We did some test runs last night."

L.E.R.O.Y.: The small mechanical gnome on the front looks at Jin. "A new sentient life form? What has happened to the entity Westra?"

Jinharath: She took a step back when the mechanical driver looked over at her.

Jonias: "Doctor... I believe you forgot the horses."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "We have combustion my simple minded man."

Wolfe: "Oh yeah? Well. He's your sidekick." Wolfe shrugs and acts like this is not strange at all. "Huh... it drives itself now?"

Dr. Wicker: "Oh um... given the difficulty of beast of burden entities as a power source, I've rehauled the entire locomotion apparatus."

Wolfe: "Like... it's going to explode if we're inside of it?"

Euron: "That's...new. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this works." Euron said. He didn't understand the Doctor's form of magic, but it was fun to watch!

Jinharath: She draws near enough and touches the leg of the robot experimentally, entirely unfamiliar with such machines.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "There is a .04% possibility of that at any given time."

Jonias: "Did the golem just call me a man? Does it only recognize gender and not race? A shame..."

Dr. Wicker: "I could explain to you the solar induction capacitors and the motion assembly on the way."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "I do not have the required circuity for copulation, I do apologize for any inconvenience." He says after Jin touches his leg.

Jinharath: "Uh."
"I would prefer a horse. I will return quickly."

Dr. Wicker: She facepalms with one hand.

Jonias: "So it does only see gender"

Wolfe: "I see you still gotta work out the kinks on LEROY."
Wolfe steps over to nudge Cat. "Get it? Kinks?"

Dr. Wicker: "It is unlikely he will ever exist without kinks, Mister Wolfe."
Cat is nudged.. "....I ..do?" She doesn't.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "My diagnostics find me as flawless as the day my creator constructed me. I am only 699 years old after all."

Wolfe: "Hah!"
"..Wait what?"
"You're how old?"

Dr. Wicker: "We can board now and depart."

L.E.R.O.Y.: He speaks slowly. "Six hundred. Ninety Nine."

Dr. Wicker: "And you can see that the REX 2.0 is within acceptable safety parameters."

Jinharath: Jinharath does return in short order, atop a horse. She pauses beside the carriage, and glances behind her, briefly. "We are leaving, yes?"

Dr. Wicker: "And no werewolves will eat it."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "No regular werewolves."

Euron: "Wait, you're 699? You never mentioned that!" Euron said to L.E.R.O.Y.

Wolfe: "Hrmph." Wolfe seems unamused by that joke - or the robot's attitude. Either one. He just opens the door and gets inside.

Dr. Wicker: "I will ride in the .. uh.. front to assuage any technophobia." she says, trying to salvage the situation of handling PLEBS.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Shall we deploy Mistress?"

Jinharath: Jin starts out while they are talking about leaving.

Dr. Wicker: She climbs up into the front bench and waits for everyone else to get into the carriage.
Flicking some switches. "All ahead full." she says to the robotic gnome.

Levinath (GM): After several long days of travel in a rather warm carriage, the group approaches the ruins of Triboar. A place visited by several of the party members. Though it is still late afternoon, the sun seems to fall behind dark clouds and to the east, darkness engulfs the land.

Dr. Wicker: The REX makes a whirring sound and there are a few flicks and clacks of gears activate. Rather than the clop-clop of multiple horses, now there is just an almost calming, dull hummmmmmmmmmm or batteries... or something!

L.E.R.O.Y.: "It appears we are approaching the meteorological anominally."

L.E.R.O.Y.: Leroy steers the Rex between the ruins of homes long collapsed and forgotten and continues towards the foreboding black horizon.

Dr. Wicker: A speaker inside the main cabin of the carriage comes to life as Catriona speaks into a wired device on her end softly. "Uh.. it is afternoon, but the there is some odd phenomena in the area."

Wolfe: Wolfe's head jerks nearly off his shoulders. "What in the nine hells!?"

Wolfe: He shakes the wagon a bit.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Sentients. That last rut was not THAT bad."

Jonias: Peering out the windows of the wagon, it is Jonias's turn to be startled, slightly, by the doctor's voice coming from the walls of the cabin.

Jinharath: Jin is distracted from studying the approaching darkness by the gentle rock of the carriage. She picks up speed enough to come abreast of the driver's seat. "Is everything alright?" she asks, with a concerned glance towards the carriage.

Dr. Wicker: "Are you experiencing anything odd?" she calls across to Jin. "Like someone watching us?"

Jonias: The elf looks around for the typical Magic Mouth spell effects but does not note any. Climbing out the still moving wagon the elf joins Dr. Wicker topside.

Jinharath: Jin focuses for a second, and centers herself and tries to perceive anything like what the doctor mentioned. She looks back and shakes her head, though.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): You seem to catch some shifting shadows out of the corner of your eye several times as you continue, but any time you try and focus on the shadows you see nothing.

Jinharath: "Though..."
"There is something strange here. A darkness I cannot quite see."

Dr. Wicker: "Oh good... I mean.. not good. I was afraid I was afflicted with something..."

Euron: "This is bad. What have they done here?"

Jonias: The elf's eyes narrow as if looking for something in the shadows around them but seems unable to spot anything. "There's something... movement, in the shadows, but I too cannot discern what."

L.E.R.O.Y.: Leroy looks to the Doctor and then slowly turns back to looking forward.

Jinharath: "If we continue straight into the darkness, there is no guarantee we will not face the same fate as Rutherford's men."

Jonias: "Should we seek cover?"

Jinharath: "We did not come here to hide. I am only suggesting we be cautious and alert in our approach."

Dr. Wicker:

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Perhaps we should have installed illumination modules, Mistress."

Dr. Wicker: "It is on the list." she retorts.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Number 43."

Dr. Wicker: "Umm..do we continue on as normal?"

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Shall I re-prioritize about automatic coffee dispenser?"

Wolfe: Wolfe gets out of the Rex at this point, muttering about ridiculous metal objects. "Always trust your instincts. If Jinharath is getting something strange here, we should check it out."

Jonias: "Hi, Jin is it?" Jonias says warmly "Hiding isn't a bad thing. trust me."

Jinharath: "Jinharath," she says to the elf. "There is a time and a place. But you could have hidden in Neverwinter."

Jinharath: "I cannot dream," she says.
"If the affliction is nightmare-based, perhaps it would not affect me as it does others."
"I could scout forward and see what I find?"

Wolfe: "You... cannot dream?" Wolfe asks, caught offguard by that statement.

Dr. Wicker: "What about whatever entity that is watching us? This place may contain spectres and apparations."

Jinharath: Jin just nods, though her attention is still forward, on the darkness. "This is true."

Euron: "I can't sense half of the things that you all can. If you can safely scout ahead, the you should." he said to Jinharath.

Jinharath: "I don't have a sense of something watching us, but I believe you when you say you do," she said, with a glance to Cat. "Should we proceed as a group, then? A few forward, a few watching from behind?"

Wolfe: "Alright. Go ahead then, but if you find something don't try and take it on by yourself."

Levinath (GM): As a note, anyone with knowledge of the region would be aware Yartar is roughly 3-4 more hours directly into the darkness.

Dr. Wicker: "There must be some kind of nexus causing this strange effect."
"Maybe a Shadowfell aperture or something..."

Jinharath: "The city is still some distance away," she observes. "Perhaps we should continue forward, though I will ride ahead a few lengths as a vanguard." She glances to the others for confirmation.

Wolfe: "Sounds good. Warn me before you talk in our metal pot, Cat."
He gets back into the Rex.

Dr. Wicker: She seems befuddled by that description for a moment, but eventually realizes what he means.

Jinharath: Jin prompts the horse forward, putting some space between herself and the carriage. She keeps her eyes and ears open, and is careful to not get out of sight of the carriage completely.

Jonias: Jonias taps on his tome waking a napping Beryllium. "Feel like taking flight little one? Let us know what you see through these shadows?"

Levinath (GM): The darkness continues to increase along the road. Soon the group finds themselves in a kind of twilight, though no light is visible, the group finds that they can all see a short distance through some form of subtle luminescence that is everywhere and nowhere.
Citters and creatures seem to disappear as the twilight engulfs the group, though the occasion hoot of an owl or howl of wolf echos through the land. The next hours are uneventful, but as the black shapes of buildings appear on the horizon a obscuring fog can be seen in the distance on all sides of the road, it seems to stay at a distance as the wagon moves on.

Dr. Wicker: Rather than freak Wolfe out again, she opens the slider window behind her. "I .. I think I see Yvainne."

Wolfe: "...Who's Yvainne?"

Dr. Wicker: The doctor looks back towards the sight, then back towards the cabin. "How did you forget her? She has thrown dangerous items at you."

Wolfe: ".." Wolfe pauses to think. "That doesn't narrow it down."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona guffs like a frustrated child. "And now she is gone... she was just... walking.. "
"Maybe illusions?"

Jinharath: Meanwhile Jin's gotten distracted arguing with Harath about the people he's hooked her up with, and isn't seeing much of anything as she continues onward. #badlookout

Euron: Euron appears uneasy.

Wolfe: "Well. If she threw stuff at me I probably didn't want to see her again anyway."

Jinharath:

Levinath (GM): As the wagon continues forward, Jin reaches the outskirts of the town. The fog floats about roughly one foot high from the ground and seems to move slowly in all directions.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): You see several dull floating green orbs moving about between the buildings.

Jinharath:

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin is too far away to properly discern what the green orbs are. They float around almost lazily as if floating in a soft breeze.

Jinharath: Jin returns to the group and reports seeing dull green orbs floating lazily through the fog covering the town's ground.
"But I could not tell what they were."

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »
Session 48

Levinath (GM): Mystery shrouds the land just as thick as the darkness and fog that blankets the area The Watch approaches. Yartar, the small village sits shrouded in a dense fog, though it moves away from the group as they wander in between the houses. Small motes of yellow light float between houses, darting to and fro as they look around the barren streets. Shadows seem to move and dance in the dense fog.

Jonias:

Wolfe: Wolfe is slowly trying to gather what he can of the surrounding area to get a sense of the environs - searching for any sign of life, or presence watching them.

Jonias: Jonias snaps his fingers causing a spectral copy of his hand to appear. The hand zips out towards one of the motes of light.

Jinharath: Jinharath is quiet as the group makes their way into the darkened village. While the others looked about, she closed her eyes and concentrated, tapping into her connection to the primeval to try and sense the presence of nearby humans or aberrations.

Wolfe: Wolfe's old eyes seem to not yet fail him. He murmurs quietly to the others. "We're not alone here. I see what you mean, Doc. I remember her."

Jonias: The hand phases through the light. The hand turns towards his master, snaps its fingers then goes invisible.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): You sense over fifty humans within the village, multiple beings per home.

Jonias: The elf gives the others a shrug.

Jinharath: Jin opens her eyes. "Despite the stillness, this village is still inhabited."
"Fifty or more souls, at least."

Levinath (GM): A mote floats up to Jonias and hovers near him.

Dr. Wicker: "Souls... living?"

Jinharath: "Alive, yes."

Jonias: "Oh hello little light" The elf says with a smile.

Levinath (GM): It floats against his skin, a warm wetness touches his wrist for a brief moment before it floats off.

Jonias: The elf looks at his wrist.

Jinharath:

Wolfe: "Well, at least they're not all undead."

Jinharath: Jinharath eyes the mote that dances with the elf, eyes narrowing as she considered it.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): You are reminded of Will-o'-wisps, but they do not appear to be the same type of creature.

Jinharath: Recalling nothing of use about them, she turns her attention to the nearby homes.
With a glance towards the rest of the part, she steps towards the door of the nearest house, intent on knocking.
She'll stop if someone objects and wait for them to explain. Otherwise, she'll knock on the door three times, soundly.

Levinath (GM): No one answers at the three loud raps.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Your ears do pickup the soft steady breathing of several humans from an opened window on the second floor. Humans that you KNOW are inside.

Jinharath: "Hello?" She called, upon receiving no answer. She stepped back enough to look up at the upper level, watching for signs of movement. "We have come to help. Speak with us."

Levinath (GM): Jin receives nothing but silence.

Jinharath: Jin looks for a place to climb up to the open window she can see on the second floor.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona glances over at all the stuff the woman is doing over there, uncertain as to the purpose of it.

Levinath (GM): Jin can easily climb the wall and get into the opened window. Inside she finds two adults laying quietly in their bed, asleep. A small child, not more than two lay on a smaller cot against the opposite wall.

Dr. Wicker: ((oo mascot found! Take it!))

Jinharath: It was one thing to hear about a whole town affected by a sleeping mystery. It was another thing to witness living people refusing to stir from their sleep. Jin approaches the nearest bed and gently shakes the sleeper, just to be sure. "Hello?"

Levinath (GM): Their skin stretches over their famished frames eerily in the pale light, almost translucent, but she can see the steady rise and fall of their breathe in their chests.
The woman does not rouse, though he head lulls from side to side as Jin shakes her.

Jinharath: Jin looks around the room, and then makes her way down to the first floor. As she goes, she looks for anything amiss, or some indication as to the cause. If she finds none, she'll exit through the front door and rejoin the others.

Wolfe: Wolfe moves over slowly toward where Jin went. "Everything alright?"

Levinath (GM): The home, though covered in dust, seems in proper order.

Wolfe: (standing where she went)

Jinharath: Jin returns with a thoughtful frown on her face.

Dr. Wicker: "What are these luminous entities?"

Jinharath: "They sleep so deeply that their bodies are wasting," she reported, disturbed.

Levinath (GM): The one moves towards the Doc, it hovers near her.

Jinharath: At the question about the lighted creatures, Jinharath shook her head. "They remind me of Will-o-wisps, but... they are different."

(To GM): can she tell how they're different?

Jonias: Jonias nudges Wolfe then says quietly, "There's a cloaked figure south of us... near the entrance to the alleyway there." the elf points casually not looking to give away that he's spotted the figure.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): They are more of a dull light, than bright. They seem more gaseous and translucent than a burning ball.

Wolfe: "I'll go check it out."

Jinharath: "Check what out?" she asks, and starts to follow.

Levinath (GM): The cloak figure seems to recede with the mist as Wolfe approaches.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona will have Leroy stop the Rex, given the interest in the town.

Wolfe: Wolfe starts walking toward the directed location - like a bull, he's tired of waiting. "Hey!" He calls out.

Euron: Euron surveyed their surroundings, the drew his mace. He didn't want to be caught unawares in case there was danger.

Wolfe: Seeing something slink off, he continued. "HEY! SHOW YOURSELF!"

Levinath (GM): The figure moves further between the houses.

Jonias: Jonias follows Wolfe, "Whatever he is, my magic can't seem to make contact with him."

Jinharath: "We are being baited," she pointed out, watching their surroundings while she followed Wolfe at a slight distance

Euron: Euron looks around to see if there are any other watches or spies in the area.

Euron: Euorn turns and looks to his east.

Euron: "You! Stop right there!"
"We just want to talk."

Dr. Wicker: "I umm.. don't think they care to engage in ..um.. discourse." she says.

Euron: "Over here." Euron said to the others.
"The person is in the mists."

Wolfe: Wolfe is summoned by Euron's words

Levinath (GM): Wolfe seems the figure standing near Euron in the mist.

Jonias: Jonias scales his way, carefully, up the to the roof to over look the alley the figure keeps retreating into

Jinharath: Jin steps back and watches Wolfe and Euron, though lingers for a moment to ensure the figure in the alley doesn't emerge again.

Dr. Wicker: "Leroy, keep watch here." she says to the gnome before stepping off the carriage.

Wolfe: "I've had enough of this spooky bullshit." Wolfe grumbles and moves off after the phantom.

Levinath (GM): It disappears in a puff of smoke.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): you see a flash of movement to the south between the buildings.

Jinharath: "To the south!" she calls.

Dr. Wicker: "And west."
It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: "There's one to the west, here!"

Euron: Euron reaches for the Watcher's Eye and casts a spell.

Jinharath: rolling 1d20+5
(12)+5= 17

Euron:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: (On Jin, Doc, and Wolfe.)
(End turn)

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Levinath (GM): The strange beast moves at Jin with lightning quick speed.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Levinath (GM): Its claws and teeth slashed at Jin then it quickly retreated back towards the shadows.

Jinharath: Jin steps back from the oncoming monster, not quite quick enough to escape all of its strikes. As it flies past her she summons a bit of magic to help her keep track of it, then follows to strike at it in return.
"If anyone has a spell of illumination, it might help throw these beasts off!" she calls to the others as she strikes.

Levinath (GM): The weapons seem to bounce off the creature's hard carapace though a small spattering of green blood flies from the small scrapes. As it lands on Jin's arms it burns her skin for 10 poison damage.

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jinharath: She hisses and yanks her hand back. "Beware their blood! It's acid!"

Jonias:
rolling 4d6
(5+6+5+5)= 21

Levinath (GM): The arrow strikes the beast, sending more blood onto Jin. 7 poison.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dr. Wicker: "AH!"

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Jonias: Jonias fires a clean shot over the woman called Jin piercing the shadow beast cleanly. However he did not notice the poison blood spurt from the fresh wound onto the woman.

Wolfe: Wolfe doesn't know where that other guy went, so he is going to take the one that's there. He draws his sword as he goes and SWINGS.

Levinath (GM): A second creature flies by Euron and the Doc, taking a sqipe before disappearing behind a house.

Dr. Wicker: Her blond hair fans out in whisps and falls over her fast at the speed of the creature barreling by.

Levinath (GM): Wolfe takes a chunk out of the bleeding creature and gets some poison of his own. 8

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: "Yuck this garbage is squishy in the worst way!"
Round 2

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Levinath (GM): The motes float about the combat seemingly interested.

Euron: Euron points his holy symbol at the beast on Jin and Wolfe and sends a blast of holy flame toward it!

Levinath (GM):
Euron's holy magic bounces of the creatures carapace.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Levinath (GM): The creature snarls and swings at Wolfe.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: Not seeing her swords get the purchase she likes, Jin switches them out for her silvered daggers and hopes against hope that they are more effective.

Levinath (GM): Jin is spattered with acid as she kills the creature. 10 Poison

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jinharath: Jin enjoys much better luck with her daggers, and watches as her blades cut the ailing creature apart. She pays for the victory with more acid burns, but considers it worth it.

Jonias: "You going to help shadow?" The elf said quickly to the shadowy figure.

Levinath (GM): Jonias's blade strikes the beast and leaves a wound, though the energy from his spell seemed to dull as it ripples across the creature's body. He also gets a little acid blood spatter. 2

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Jonias: After his words the elf tumbled off the rooftop, less gracefully than intended, while slashing at the shadow beast that had darted below. His blade crackled with lightning...

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe: 11
3
"THIS IS FOR THE FUCKING CROWBAR!"

Dr. Wicker: "I am... confused."

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Euron: "As am I."

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Levinath (GM):

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Levinath (GM):

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Levinath (GM):

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy
Round 3

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Dr. Wicker: The doctor rounds the house like someone looking for a BBQ backyard party and not knowing the address.

Euron:
He reaches out to Jinharath, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Here, this should help, Lady."
He channels the light of the divine to mend her wounds.

Euron Sand has ended their turn. ✔

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jinharath: For a second, Jin is utterly confused at how the man believes a pat on the shoulder is useful at the moment. Divine healing seeps into her from his touch, however, and understanding washes over her face. "Oh! You are useful!"

Jonias:

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: Jin spies the edge of someone lurking beside the house in front of her, so she moves closer to engage it.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Levinath (GM):

Jonias: Jonais darts across the alley but pauses as he scrambles past the Doctor. The elf rises from his crouch holding his blade at the ready but gives the Doctor a slightly flirtatious smile before continuing onto attack the beast.

Levinath (GM): Yvaine floats off the roof and tries to touch the Doc.

Jonias: "Oh so aren't going to be helpful," the elf sneered at the spectre.

Levinath (GM): The shadow disappears from the darkness between the houses.

Dr. Wicker: "We are too spread apart..!"

Wolfe: "Gods be damned!"

Levinath (GM): The shadow takes a swing at Wolfe and disappears into the darkness as he dodges.

Wolfe: "You're as annoying as the real one!"

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Jonias: "I'm right here doctor, don't worry I got you."

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   

Dr. Wicker: "This dispersion is likely the way they pick us off one by one."

Wolfe:

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Wolfe cuts into the inky black darkness - somehow his senses ring true and he hits substance which then dissipates across his magical katana. "GOT ONE!"

Dr. Wicker: Her irises become bright blue and she lowers her glasses to stare at the shadow. Massive azure bursts of lights lance across the night into the creature.

Levinath (GM):
The shadow melts at the onslaught of light.

Dr. Wicker: "I apparently have you, Mister Siannodel."

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jonias: "Or it's the way we pick them off one by one," jonias called after the doctor with a wink.
Round 4

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Wolfe: "What the!?"

Euron: "That...can't be good. We should gather the others before we go in there."
"Where are the others? They were just here." Euron said, looking down the street where everyone was present not long ago.

Wolfe: "I can't see anything in this garbage."

Euron: "Doctor Wicker! Jonias! Where are you?" Euron called

Jinharath: "They are back here!" Jinharath called between the grunts of fighting.

Dr. Wicker: "Present!"

Jonias: Jonias grumbled as his blade hummed quietly...

Levinath (GM):
ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Euron Sand has ended their turn. ✔

Euron: "Wolfe they're over here!"

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jonias:

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: Jin stops with blades half-swung when the creature dissipates beneath the elf's sudden assault. She nods in acknowledgment to Jonias, then looks about for other enemies.
"Are there more?" she asks, finding Wolfe before she finds a foe.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Jonias: Slipping around the corner Jonias' blade hums with an electric pulse, the sound only just carrying ahead of himself as he slips past the doctor , around the corner, spots the other.
A quick tumble and a pop up with the blade against the unsuspecting spectre and parts it from this existence. He smiles broadly at Jin and Euron, "I try not to announce where i am good friend Euron. You should know that."

Levinath (GM): The massive creature jumps from the roof and rakes his claws at Wolfe.

Levinath (GM):
Then the creature runs into the darkness.

Wolfe: Wolfe gets pummeled by a xenomorph that runs into the darkness and he staggers backwards. "Oof, you fucking... asshole.."
"All the light was going on in this house - thunder, too." He gestures to the one next to him and Jin.

Euron: "Once we can rest, I can tend everryone's wounds, but that may require a longer pause for me to ensure that I'm ready for our next battle."

Dr. Wicker: "This is really not a normal village..."

Jinharath: Jin stares after it, squinting into the darkness, and releases a frustrated little sound when she finds nary a trace to follow. Wolfe's comment has her look towards the nearby house. "Let us see, then," she says, starting towards it.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin can see some traces of slick green blood. On the path the beast followed, but even the short moments she was in combat will tell her they cannot keep up with the beast in full sprint.

Jinharath: She stopped as she began to turn, though, doing a double-take as she catches a spot of green on the ground out of the corner of her eye. She turns towards it, and follows it a few paces down the path.
"It's bleeding, and left a trail," she pointed out.
"It is too fast to catch, but we may be able to follow it."

Euron: "Well, that's not comforting but it's a lead. We should follow it."

Wolfe: "We should check the houses first, then follow it."

Jonias: Jonias quietly rejoins the others alongside the doctor, "Thank you by the way."

Jinharath: Jin nodded at Wolfe's suggestion, since the creature was likely out of reach by now anyway.

Wolfe: Wolfe grumbles, still injured, and to make his point he goes to kick in the door of the house that he saw thunderbolts and lightning (very very frightning!) with a heavy boot.

Jinharath: She follows Wolfe into the house.

Levinath (GM): The unlocked door (thanks to Jin) crashes open with a resounding boom

Dr. Wicker: "We should also consider why those entities did not attack the residents."

Jinharath: "They are already feeding off the sleeping villagers. They could not put us to sleep, perhaps."

Jonias: "Sleeping as they are, these nightmare creatures are likely feeding off them somehow. Or perhaps they server a more malevolent force doing this deed."

Levinath (GM): The residence upstairs are in a very different state than when Jin left them minutes earlier. The man next to the sleeping woman is pale white, and dead. His eyes seemingly burned by some bright light. The small child's body is charred and burned as if struck by lightning and burned by fire. The woman lies in her slumber unharmed and oblivious to all the events transpiring.

Jonias: "If we are to rest, we best not do it in these shadows."

Jinharath: "They are formidable, whatever they are. I still can feel a weakness they left behind," Jin nodded. she murmured, unsatisfied.
"What in the realms..." she whispered, eyes wide. "These were sleeping peacefully just moments ago."

Wolfe: "What the...?" Wolfe's eyes widen in surprise, and just a touch of fear. "What in the Nine Hells is going on here?"

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor will, after a beat, follow into the house as well... looking around with curiosity.

Jinharath: Jin pauses and concentrates for a moment.

(To GM): Any response if she telepathically prods the woman?

Jonias: "Oh...." the elf paused at the grisly sight. "I could not be more wrong..."

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin can sense she is in a dream, though she gets no response from the woman.

Jinharath: "She dreams," she quietly says, as her eyes open. "But I cannot wake her."

Wolfe: "We need to get to the bottom of this shit as fast as possible."

Euron: Euron looks at the people in the beds, trying to discern if there's any magic or curse at work here.

Beryllium: Beryllium sniffles sadly, giving her invisible perch on Jonias' shoulder away.

Dr. Wicker: Seeing the corpses in the room, the nerdish woman becomes perturbed.

Wolfe: "Come on, we can't just leave her here." He will look around the woman to see if she's bound in any way.

Jinharath: "Take care. She may be the trigger to whatever happened in this room."

Levinath (GM): She only sleeps on the bed.

Dr. Wicker: "Could the sleepers be hosts to these parasites?"

Wolfe: Wolfe tries to pick her up.

Levinath (GM): He easily lifts the malnourished woman.

Dr. Wicker: "If they died with similar trauma to the creatures, perhaps there is some connection between entities. Like symbiosis."

Jinharath: "Something supernatural holds them asleep, certainly. Perhaps we--" she pauses, and then stops.

Beryllium: Jonias looks at the wounds on the two dead bodies. "The specters we killed..."

Jinharath: "Do you think we killed them by killing the parasites? One escaped, and one sleeper remains."

Jonias: Jonias looks at the wounds on the two dead bodies. "The specters we killed..."

Dr. Wicker: "That stands to reason from what I see here..."

Jinharath: She frowns deeply. "Such evil..."

Euron: "Helm's Watchful Eye...no." Euron said, suddenly ill with dread and sadness.

Wolfe: "Come on, let's put her in the Rex and get going." Wolfe favors one side, even as he carries the woman with purpose. His focus is grim, as is the weight of what he may have done here.

Dr. Wicker: "If every shadow creature here is tied to a citizen..."
"That is like ..like an invasion.."

Jinharath: "But wait, if that was the case, why were there not many more specters? There are more than fifty people nearby, probably all asleep like this."
She looks to Euron as wolfe passes with the sleeping woman. "Does your god deliver people from curses?"

Dr. Wicker: "Who says there arent?"

Wolfe: Wolfe walks outside, his eyes widening in surprise. "Raithe!"
"Is that you!?"

Levinath (GM): More shadows appear in the mist as the group emerges from the home.

Jonias: There's two of them

Euron: "He can, yes. I would like to try to break this curse."

Jonias: "Of the same visage i mean"

Euron: "If that's what it is."

Jinharath: "It may not be a curse, but I cannot think of what else to--" she trails off, hearing Wolfe greet someone outside.
She moves out to see what's going on

Dr. Wicker: "My hypothesis is that these images are being pulled from our minds..."

Euron: Euron spares a glance for the newcomer, unsure of who it is. Wolfe seems happy to see them, though. That must be a good sign....

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to Cat and her theory, the thought that his mind had been invaded and used against him makes his eyes narrow. "Some fights.." he said quietly, trying to recite something he'd learned once. "Are best won by not fighting."
"Let's get in the Rex and get out of here, now. There's nothing more to do here."

Jonias: "Perhaps we should move on, so as not to harm any of these people in their wraith forms?"

Euron: "That's a good idea."

Wolfe: Wolfe carries the woman to the Rex.

Dr. Wicker: Doctor Wicker climbs up into the driver's bench next to Leroy and starts up the carriage.

Levinath (GM): More shadows appear, but do not seem hostile to the group as they leave the village and return to the Rex.
They are watched by more and more shades, more faces appear. Cat's Mother, Wolfe's Shogun, The Elf Lords of Evereska. People known to each of the group. Their blank eyes watch the group as they return.

Euron: Euron will get into the Rex and then attempt a Remove Curse spell, taking off the Watcher's Eye and praying over her prone form in order to help her.

Dr. Wicker: "Uh... their numbers are increasing... " she warns.

Wolfe: "This place is fucking creepy."

Dr. Wicker: "Oh no... My mother is there. And she isn't wearing enough, making it even worse. Can we please depart?"

Levinath (GM): A village of shades stand in a line in the mist of Yartar as the Rex is boarded.

Jinharath: Jin watches the doctor with a curious expression that's becoming frequent. "These images are pulled from your mind," she starts to point out, but shakes her head and abandons the topic.

Jonias: Jonias grabs onto the side of the Rex, crackling blade at the ready, but not wanting to use it. "We should move"

Jinharath: Jin mounts her horse at the carriage's side.

Levinath (GM): Euron's attempt to remove a curse from the woman yields no results that he can tell. She continues to sleep quietly, her limp form breathing deeply as everyone piles in.

(To GM): If she tries to talk telepathically to a shade, does she get anything?

Dr. Wicker: "Leroy, all ahead full." she tells the robotic gnome.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): She gets no response, but she can sense the shade is dreaming.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Yes Doctor. I sense multiple anomalies within our vicinity and agree departure is the best course of action to avoid hostiles."
The Rex lurches into a steady roll.

Euron: Euron sighs and sits back, saddened. This magic is darker and more powerful than what he's encountered. What are these monsters up to?

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 09:30:09 PM »
Session 49

Dr. Wicker: Synopsis - Town had shades that were linked to citizens and when you hurt the shades, you hurt the citizens, so we bailed.
#MeToo, Dale ReckoningEdition

Levinath (GM): LEROY quickly directs the Rex away from the town though you find he has opted to drive back in the direction you fist approached from.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Mistress, shall I set a course for Neverwinter?"

Wolfe: "We didn't come all this way for nothing."

Jonias: Jonias hoists himself to the top of the Rex and makes his way towards the back of the horseless carriage, his blade stowed and bow at the ready.

Wolfe: "We need to set up outside of town, get a breather to patch up our wounds, and we find what's causing this."

Levinath (GM): The group of shades forming in the town stop at the end of the small establishment, watching the Rex move away.

Jinharath: Jin spurs her horse to keep pace with the carriage, and pulls up alongside the window in time to hear the discussion about where to go next. "Agreed," she calls. "I'm not leaving yet!"

Jonias: Jonias taps on his shoulder, calling out Beryl. The tiny dragonling springs onto his shoulder.
"Think you can fly up and spot somewhere safe we can rest for a few hours?"

Levinath (GM): The fog seems too thick to see much, the entire area looks barren and silent, though memories of Yvaine walking through the mist in this area remain in your minds.

Jinharath: Jin doesn't trust the area at first sight, and when the carriage slows she takes a careful look around in an attempt to determine if the area is safe for the moment.

Wolfe: Wolfe doesn't care about Yvaine and her crowbar throwing nonsense, so he doesn't let the sight of her bother him much.

Jinharath:

Levinath (GM): Jin is able to find a small wooded area about one hundred feet off the road, it is relatively protected and the group could only be approached one way...at least by normal means.

Jinharath: Jin points out the well-situated clearing to the others, and dismounts once there.
She begins affixing a feed bag to her horse, and spends a few minutes petting it while she considers the strange town and what they'd seen.

Dr. Wicker: She directs Leroy to adhere to the scout's direction.

L.E.R.O.Y.: "As you command Doctor Wicker."

Wolfe: Wolfe will get out of the REX and settle onto his own two feet. He groans as he does so, grabbing at his back as he got jacked up pretty bad in the last fight.

Levinath (GM): About 45 minutes into settling into the area you notice Yvaine watching you from the road.

Jinharath:

Jonias:

Dr. Wicker: "We have um... company..." said the bespectacled blonde from the drivers bench.

Wolfe: "Ugh. Does she have a crowbar?"

Jinharath: Jin, who has by then settled nearer to the party while resting, hops to her feet, swords drawn.
"Speak, and come forward," she challenges the strange woman

Dr. Wicker: "If they are all linked to a living citizen of the town, perhaps this one is linked to the woman you brought with us?"

Wolfe: "But it's not Yvaine in the wagon."

Jinharath: "You know this woman?" she asked, keeping her eyes on the stranger while speaking to the others.

Jonias: Jonias slips away from the others when the dr. spots the woman spectre.

Wolfe: "A long time ago, she used to travel with Cat and I."
"But she flaked out on us and took off in the middle of the night."

Jinharath: "Why are you here now?" she asked the woman, frowning. She stepped towards the side of the camp where the woman lurked. "Speak!"

Levinath (GM): Yvaine stands silently on the road, 100 feet away from Jin, and doesn't speak.

Jinharath: "I don't understand," she says, shaking her head. "If she is merely a spectre like the others, why are they bound to the town and she is not?"

Jinharath: She flinches at the sudden flying of arrows!

Levinath (GM): The figure disappears.

Jonias: From his spot behind some bushes, the elf can see the spectre of a woman not respond so he decides to end this quickly.

Levinath (GM): The sleeping woman, was in the Rex.

Dr. Wicker: "That likely wounded whoever it was connected to."

Jinharath: Jin listens for any noise from the carriage.
If she hears none, she'll walk over to check

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to Jonias in the sudden attack. "What the - Jonias, what are you doing!?"

Jonias: Returning from the bushes, "Pretty sure that went through her eye."

Jinharath:

Dr. Wicker: She puts her hand over her mouth.

Levinath (GM): Jin can, in fact, hear nothing from the carriage.

Jonias: "What I'm doing is making sure whatever that is stops following.

Jinharath: Jin opens the carriage door and looks over the sleeper there, trying to confirm that she's unharmed.

Wolfe: "It may have been tied to that woman!"

Levinath (GM): A thin steam of blood runs from the back of the woman's head down the seat she rested on. She is no longer breathing.

Jinharath: "Cleric!" she barks, backing out of the carriage. "This woman needs your aid."

Euron: "Whatever magic is tying these shades to these people is potent." Euron said, turning to Jonias. "Until we learn how to stop and save these people, let's not destroying any more of these shades!"
When their new companion calls out, Euron hurries toward the back of the carriage!

Jinharath: Jin backs away,giving the man room to try and help. She frowns, and looks from Wolfe to Jonias.

Beryllium: The dragonling slaps the back of the elf's head with her tail.

Euron: Euron looks at the situation before him, trying to determine how he can help the unconscious woman.

Dr. Wicker: She watches from the porthole behind the drivers bench.

Levinath (GM): (dead woman)

Euron: Euron finds the woman not breathing and his shoulders slump.

Dr. Wicker: (Time for that Revivify on rando NPC #wastethemresources)

Jonias: "Oh..." Jonias sheepishly puts away his bow. "They just all looked the same, I thought one of the towns one followed..." The elf's voice trailed off

Euron:

Dr. Wicker: ((but death should break the curse lol))

Levinath (GM): The woman gasps and the mortal wound in her head seals closed and skin forms over her now missing right eye. She begins breathing softly in Euron's arms.

Dr. Wicker: ((also all her ATTUNED ITEMS are now unbound! nerts!))
(and gold)

Euron: Euron cradles the woman's head and feels her take in a deep breath. "Thank Helm."
He's not happy that she's been maimed, but he has to take the good with the bad right now.
"She's alive.'

Jinharath: "Oh," Jin murmurs, surprised when she looks in and sees the woman moving about again. "She looks much more fearsome now," she observes, as though approving.

Wolfe: Wolfe walks over slowly, looking between them all, as he's late to the party. "Good job, Euron."

Dr. Wicker: (( petition for Euron to get an Inspiration for that ))

Levinath (GM): "Benjamin!" She shrieks as her left eye flies opened and she wraps her arms around the newly appeared Orc. "Gods....that was a terrible.....WHAT? WHO?"

Euron: "Let's refrain from harming these shades. We need to find out who is controlling these Shades and then who is--Helm's Eye!" Euron said, when the woman wakes, shrieking

Jinharath: Jin watches with a confused little frown. "Such a weird little town.." she murmurs.

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes widen in surprise. "Ah... lady, I'm not Benjamin..." He says as he tries to slowly peel her off of him.

Levinath (GM): "Where, am I? AHH!" She releases Wolfe and scurries towards the other side of the Rex.

Euron: "Ma'am, please, we're just travelers trying to understand what happened here."
"We're not here to hurt you."

Levinath (GM): "Why can't I see, why is it all blurry?" She raises a hand up to her right eye and lets out a moan. "What have you done to me?! BENJAMIN! HELP ME!" She begins to weep.

Euron: "You suffered and accident, ma'am. We've been tending to you while you were asleep. Can you tell me what you remember?" Euron asked gently.
"And perhaps we can help locate Benjamin for you."

Jinharath: Jin nearly speaks, but counsels herself to let the cleric do the speaking for the moment.
It usually goes better.

Wolfe: Wolfe gives a bit of a shrug as Euron's not technically lying.

Levinath (GM): The calm demeanor of Euron seems to calm the woman, though she still watches the group warily through the Rex door. "Horrible...nightmares....they seemed to go on forever. Where....where am I? Where is my husband Benjamin and my son Xavier Do you have them with you?"

Jinharath: "They're probably dead," Jin said, in what to her seemed like a gentle fashion, but probably was not.

Euron: Euron looks to Jinharath sighs gently. He would have gone about it more gently than that, but it was very likely.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to Jin, his eyebrows going high. "Where did you learn your bedside manner? Gods."

Jinharath: "Well she'll have to know," she said, looking defensive at the other two. "I mean it seems likely that they were the other two in the house with her, you know the ones that were--" she makes a little gesture by expanding her hands, and a little shift of her face, together suggesting something unpleasant.

Levinath (GM): "Dead?! HOW?! PLEASE TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!"

Euron: "What my companion meant to say is that we're not sure where they are. As I said, we've only just arrived here. We're trying to understand why everyone here was asleep."
New Group Mandate: Do not let Jinharath explain what is happening.
Euron decides that this is a good plan.

Wolfe: Wolfe sighs and lifts a hand up to rub at his brow.

Jinharath: Jin opens her mouth as though about to contest Euron's counter, but she stops herself and looks a little confused.
She looks to the doctor and the elf, trying to gauge their stance on this whole delaying-the-truth thing

Wolfe: "Lady, sorry. You and your town have fallen under a terrible curse - one that makes spectres or shades that attack those who try to help you."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona mumbles towards LEROY at low volume. "And I thought you were in-eloquent.."

Wolfe: "We are still trying to find the way to help you and the others of the village."

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor 's expression isn't easy to see as she is just peering in from the window in the front, which just about shows half of her face.

Levinath (GM): "They were in the house! The last thing I remember....gods it feels like so long ago.....we all went to bed. I made sure Xavier had his blanket tucked tight as it gets cool this time of year, and then Benjamin and I went to bed. Where did you find me? Were they not there?!"

Jinharath: "They were there," she said.
"We didn't know how these things work," she starts to explain.
"Like he said," she said, gesturing to Wolfe. "We came to help your town when we heard about this strange problem."

Euron: "We've been looking around for anyone who is awake and could explain what happened."

Jinharath: "And when we showed up, we were met with these... shade creatures..."

Levinath (GM): "What things? What problem?" She chews on her lip nervously.

Wolfe: "The spectres attacked us - but we didn't know they were tied to the lives of the people in the town. We saved you and left."

Jinharath: Jin stops, and eyes Wolfe, as though indecisive.

Levinath (GM): "Specters? In Mirabar? I have not heard of any such sightings. We have men stationed around the town every evening for er...." She looked at Wolfe. "...raiders."

Jinharath: She narrows her eyes thoughtfully at the woman.
"Your guards failed."
"We don't know what these things are, but they've put the whole town to sleep. And killing them kills the sleeping citizens. Do you understand?"

Levinath (GM): "What? No? Is this just another nightmare? Gods help me."

Jinharath: "A god did help you," she said, gesturing to the Helmite near by her. "You were dead too. His god brought you back."

Dr. Wicker: "This is the worst conversation I've ever heard...." she admits despite herself.

Levinath (GM): She just stares at Jin.

Jinharath: Jin shakes her head and tries to refocus. "What else do you remember before going to sleep the last time? Had anything strange happened in the town? Any unusual visitors?"

Jonias: "I'm wondering if perhaps I had done the woman a favor..." Jonias says quietly to himself

Levinath (GM): She seemed stunned by the revelation she was dead, but shrugged it off as Jin changed the line of discussion. Perhaps this woman is insane. "We have had heavier than normal fog for about a week now. It was making it difficult to work in the fields and with the livestock in the morns, but it is just late spring weather..."

Jinharath: "Do you remember anything about the fog that was unusual? Did it come from a certain direction, was there anything odd about it aside from how dense?"

Dr. Wicker: ((Was there any livestock?))

Levinath (GM): (Not that you have seen)
(Nor have you seen any other wildlife since you entered the darkness)
"It was there when we rose, and swept away by the sun by midday the first several days, then it lingered til evening, and finally, yesterday, it did not abate all day.

Jinharath: Jin looked stumped. "What could possibily benefit from a bunch of people having constant nightmares?"

Levinath (GM): While she was talking she looked down at her thin skeletal frame and gasped. "Gods help me, what has happened to me?!" She looked back to Euron, pleading in her eyes.

Wolfe: "You haven't eaten in weeks, probably."

Dr. Wicker: "I have not ..um.. seen.. one animal in hours. Livestock or other fauna."

Levinath (GM): "What? I have been asleep for weeks?"

Wolfe: "That's what I said, yes."

Jinharath: "You ought to be ravenous. Are you not hungry?"

Levinath (GM): "I am too worried about Benjamin and Xavier."

Dr. Wicker: "Whatever this anomalous haze was, it maybe frightened off the animals."

Jinharath: "Hmm."
"I'll be back."
Jin then slips off to spiral outward from the camp, looking for any signs of wildlife, or their remains. She's trying to determine if the animals from around here have been killed or just driven off, and how recently.

Euron: "You're going to be all right. We're going to get to the bottom of this. My name is Euron and I'm a priest. What's your name?"

Levinath (GM): Jin doesn't seen any recent animal tracks in the area they are now resting, which should be quiet a bee's nest of activity, figuratively speaking.
"Kaitlyn. Thank you Euron."

Jinharath: "No recent tracks of any kind," she reports, upon returning. "But no remains, either. The doctor is right, whatever this is must have driven them off."

Euron: "Despite the circumstances, it's good to meet you, Kaitlyn. You should try to rest a bit while we try to gather more information."

Jinharath: "She should eat something," she suggests to whomever is standing nearest the door. "She may not feel like she needs to, but she does."

Wolfe: Wolfe reaches into his bag and conjures up some rations, offering them to Kaitlyn. "Here, this'll at least put something in your belly."

Levinath (GM): She takes them hesitantly from Wolfe and then chews slowly on a piece of jerky.

Jinharath: "So what do we do?" she wonders aloud, looking back in the direction of the town. "We could wait until morning, and see if the sunrise has any effect on the number of shades about? Perhaps there's something within the town we might find, if we could investigate it undetected."

Wolfe: "We should at least try - right now we have nothing to go on."

Dr. Wicker: "The source of this atmospheric disturbance no doubt lies in the darkest point, wherever it is centered."

Jinharath: She looked to the cleric. "Does your god allow you to bring daylight into the midst of night?"

Euron: "Yes. I can give it a try." Euron said.

Jinharath: "I suggest we go back to the town. We can try to find the darkest point," she said, with a nod to the doctor. "And we can either shed light on it, or perhaps find something lurking."

Wolfe: "Sounds good to me."

Euron: "Let's do it."

Dr. Wicker: She starts to say something the, stops.

Levinath (GM): A breeze blows the Doc's hair all about as they prepare to depart, sending the fog slowly towards the west. Friznation incoming.

Dr. Wicker: With the desire to go to town, she asks if they should return on foot then and leave the carriage here....

Jinharath: "We should travel on foot if we are returning to the town. The fewer shades we attract the less our chances of hurting more people."
"Besides, the sleeping woman can stay here and feed herself and rest while we're gone."

Wolfe: "Good idea, actually. As long as we don't take any more eyes."

Dr. Wicker: "Leroy, watch the Rex, please."

Euron: Euron looks at Jonias pointedly.

Jinharath: Jin ties her horse to the carriage so it doesn't wander off.

Jonias: "One time... It's happened once..."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "I calculate a 68.23% probably of your untimely demise on this excursion, Mistress. I wish you the best of luck."

Dr. Wicker: "Noted."

Levinath (GM): The group returns to the town, which again appears empty of any signs of life (or shadows). Wolfe can easily find the area where he battled the shadow beast, his own blood still staining the ground, mixed with the eerie glow of green acid from the vile creature.

Wolfe: Wolfe will notice this and wonder. "Hey, you guys can see this blood, right? You think we can track it?"

Euron: "Doctor...was Leroy's comment meant to be a reassuring or just an observation?" Euron asked, while walking.

Jinharath: "I did not notice that before," Jin admits. "But yes!"

Wolfe:

Dr. Wicker: "I've learned to overlook Leroy's... um.. eccentricities.." she says to Euron.

Wolfe: Hunkering down, Wolfe looks over the green blotches of acidic blood, sniffing at the air. "I think I have a trail."

Jinharath:
Jin rushes past Wolfe. "It's bright green!"

Levinath (GM): Wolfe and Jin can easily follow the thin trail of green blood from the beast it heads off to the Northeast of the town.

Euron: Euron will follow the two trackers as quickly as he's able.

Wolfe: Wolfe will use his Athletics to climb up to get a better vantage point and see if he can find it that way.

Levinath (GM): Wolfe's keen vision and high vantage point at the top of the church tower lets him see spots of the glowing blood against a deep crag in the distance.

Jonias: Jonias follows the others in silence, hoping their loud advance will draw the attention of whatever creature they hunt.

Levinath (GM): Wolfe's keen eyes, along with Jonias's stealthy scouting and Jin's survival skills allow the group to easily track the beast deeper into the darkness. They find themselves in a narrow rock valley against a nearly vertical cliff face. The trail runs along the cliff face some way into the distance.

Jinharath: "This is a bad vantage point," Jin murmurs while pausing at the ravine's base to let the others catch up. She eyes the cliff face and its top edges.

Dr. Wicker: She removes the metallic pokeball from her belt and deploys GIZMO.

Levinath (GM): Small motes of green float along the path same as they did in the village. The fog is so thick on the ground, you cannot see past your ankles.

Jonias: Jonias slides ahead of the others stepping quietly along the shadows of the cliff face

Wolfe: "We'll stay up here until you give us the signal."

Jinharath: Jin continues a few steps forward quietly, but stops when Wolfe suggests the group is waiting. She looks unhappy about it, though.

Levinath (GM): Jonias finds a rather large rock with the toe of his foot and eats a little dirt for walking through the fog so carelessly. The grunt of surprise he lets out echos down the walls of the ravine.

Euron: Euron tries to see where Jonias has gone. But he has Human Eyes of Fail and his vision is limited.

Jonias: Spotting the shadow beast up on the cliff face, Jonias slips back towards the others.

Jonias: once he can just see them in range he summons his spectral hand indicating to follow and to keep their eyes up.

Levinath (GM): Jonias's magical utterance reaches the group via the walls before his mage hand appears.

Jinharath: Jin stealths forward.

Jinharath:
She turns her attention skyward, as the elf had suggested.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin can seem some kind of monstrous wolf-like creature. It's body smokes off wisps of shadow leaving nothing but air between its black ribs.

Jonias: Jonias stays invisible, waiting for one or more of the beasts to make their move.

(To GM): Can she see two of them, like I can?

(To Wolfe): Telepathy fromJin! ~Two shadow hounds up high.~

Jinharath: When the others draw nearer, Jin points out the direction of the two beasts she can see.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks up, then around, then back up. "Did she..." he whispers to himself.

Euron: Euron is not even sure what's happening. The darkness is a little bit of a struggle for him.

Levinath (GM): The ground can easily backtrack about ten minutes and come up from the top of the ravine if they so choose.

(To Jonias): Telepathy from Jin! ~We should backtrack and approach them from on high.~

Wolfe: Wolfe steps back and grabs Euron's arm. "Come along, High Cleric."

Euron: "Following along."

Wolfe: "Don't worry next town we go to I'll get you a cane."

Euron: "It's only now apparent to me that I'm the only human in the group. Makes me miss Westra. We were blind together."

Wolfe: "Yeah...."
"I kind of miss her too."

Jonias: Jonias keeps his bow ready, anxious to strike one of the shadow beasts when it approaches.

(To Wolfe:)Telepathy from Jin! ~We should back track and approach them from on high. I do not like this lower position.~

Wolfe: Wolfe's head snaps up, as if slapped. He whispers into the air as he follows behind Jin. "..Are you talking in my head?"

Jinharath: Jin sighs. "It's quieter," she whispers.

Wolfe: "Oh." he says as he looks up at Jin's gesturing - following the Mage hand. "Yeah..."

Euron: "What's happening? Is Jonias still up there?"

Dr. Wicker: ░▒▓Telepathy with Euron:▓▒░ « There are some predators on high, eastern wall. »

Euron: Euron nods at the Doc who supplied that information kindly. He heard her clearly, so he doesn't yet question that he didn't actually hear her.
"Thank you, Doctor."

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »
Session 50

Levinath (GM): The Watch has tracked a shadow beast towards its source in the darkness. Through the deft tracking of Jinharath and Wolfe, the group was able to circumvent a patrolling pack of shadow hounds on a cliffside. At least until Jonias, decided to shoot first and ask questions later, for the second time that evening.
Initiative
Shadow Hound
Initiative: 19
Initiative
Shadow Hound
Initiative: 19
Initiative
Shadow Hound
Initiative: 18
RakFu:
12
INITIATIVE (0)
Wolfe

Levinath (GM):
13.18
INITIATIVE (4.18)

Jinharath:
26
INITIATIVE (8)
21
INITIATIVE (8)

Levinath (GM):
13
INITIATIVE (2)

Dr. Wicker: (I dont see myself on init)
(or Gizmo)
14
INITIATIVE (3)
Initiative
Gizmo
Initiative: 10

Jinharath:
12   14
STEALTH (9)

Levinath (GM): A terrible howl echos over the cliff wall.

Jinharath: Understanding that the archer has just alerted the hounds to the presence of the party, Jin flattens herself against the rock and tries to avoid being noticed . She checks out the rock while she's there, looking for handholds.

Levinath (GM):
Strength
Shadow Hound
Ability: 12 | 11
A shadow hound, not so gracefully rolls down the cliff face. It lands next to Jonias with a heavy thud. A rib flying off as it lands. 10 bludgeoning.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 13 | 17
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Damage: 9piercing
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 6 | 21
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Strength
Shadow Hound
Ability: 12 | 8

Levinath (GM): A second wolf lands next to the first. 12.

Dr. Wicker: "That is ...bizarre behavior"

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 17 | 18
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 6 | 6
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
15
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)
Damage: 11piercing
27
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
12
Piercing
  14
Thunder
14
Sneak Attack Damage

Levinath (GM):
Perception
Shadow Hound
Skill: 23 | 13
Strength
Shadow Hound
Ability: 6 | 17
A third wolf, thuds to the ground. 10
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 11 | 22
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 22 | 25
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Damage: 16 + 7piercing

Levinath (GM):
12
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)
It tears into Jonias, leaving a gaping wound in the man's arm.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona steps around the priest, her gauntlets lighting up with rings of energy. She warps the electromagnetic field, around herself and funnels it into a torrent down the path of the valley. Strange sound echoes against the rock as the mist is disturbed with the force.
Wind Stream
evocation 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 x 5 ft
Target: Each creature in range
Components: M (Mastery of Air)
Duration: Instantaneous
You create a line of focused air that is 30 feet long and 5 feet wide. Each creature in that area must make a STR saving throw DC17, taking 13 bludgeoning damage per psi point spent and being knocked prone on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

3 psi points spent, 5 max.
Rocks and pebbles orbit the blonde woman as gravity distorts.


Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Shadow Hound
Ability: 14 | 18
Dexterity
Shadow Hound
Ability: 16 | 3

Dr. Wicker: 6.5 for saved one

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker: Catriona sashays away, delivering some encouraging statement to Wolfe in his homeland tongue that she'd since picked up.

Levinath (GM):
Bless
enchantment 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S, M (A sprinkling of holy water)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.
Wolf Jonias Jin

Jinharath: Jin's eyes go wide at the doctor's command of the very air around her, but she holds her tongue for the moment.

Wolfe: Wolfe, following Cat's lead, smirks as he reaches behind his back for the golden ornate javelin he had come back from Kara-Tur carrying. As he does, little crackles of electricity flow around his fingertips and the radiant metal. "Good thinking, Doc."
Suddenly Wolfe's eyes alight with bright light. "Ryū ga waga teki wo kurau!" He yells as he hurls the javelin towards the last Shadow Hound, a bolt of lightning following in its wake.
23   20
30/120
Raitoningu (+9)
Wolfe
All creatures in 120ft line between Wolfe and his target (excluding the target) must make a DC 13 Dex save or suffer 17 lightning damage. Successful saves take half.
12
Lightning
2

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Shadow Hound
Ability: 12 | 5
Dexterity
Shadow Hound
Ability: 5 | 1

Wolfe: As the last bolt strikes the prone shadow-hound the javelin re-appears in Wolfe's hand with a crackle of thunder.

Dr. Wicker: She gives the half-orc a cheeky thumbs up.

GIZMO-5: (Is Jin hiding from us?)
The owl makes some beeping sounds and readies an action to trigger when Jin appears, to Help.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jinharath: Jin lunges from the shade to slash at the nearest hound.
15   23
20
Shortsword (+9)
10
Piercing

GIZMO-5: Gizmo buzzes and huge spot lights flood from its eyes onto the target for Jin.

Jinharath:
27   16
20
Shortsword (+9)
9
Piercing
She whispers a curse and Marks the target for future rounds cause I forgot AGAIN

Levinath (GM): Both strikes find purchase on the prone beast.
Though her strikes seem less potent than they should.

Jinharath: rolling 2d6
(6+1)= 7
"My thanks, strange little friend," she says hesitantly, to Gizmo

GIZMO-5: The targeting lights extinguish as the metal owl's large eye apertures cycle closed.

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

GIZMO-5: Gizmo's wings folds and shapes briefly to give Jin a thumbs up, and it bounces in place on the wall outcrop.

Levinath (GM): The farthest wolf leaps to hits feat and runs at Jonias, snarling. As it moves a monstrous "boom" echos from the crackling energy surrounding it.

Dr. Wicker: "Ah!"

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 18 | 7
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Jonias:
7
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)
14
STRENGTH SAVE (0)

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 7 | 25
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Damage: 13 + 12piercing

Jonias:
Uncanny Dodge
Class: Rogue/7th Level
When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

Dr. Wicker: (( why did he have advantage? ))

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 15piercing

Dr. Wicker: (k)

Levinath (GM): The back wolf leaps over attacks the villain that shot him with lightning.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 11 | 24
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 12 | 11
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Siannodel! You are surrounded!"
(Disengage covers you from 1 or 1 million creatures)

Jonias:
16   20
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
11
Piercing
  11
Thunder
4
Thunder
Blade of Focused Energy
11
Sneak Attack Damage
Cunning Action
Class: Bonus Action / Rogue / 2nd Level

Levinath (GM):
Perception
Shadow Hound
Skill: 24 | 9

Jinharath:
28   26
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing

Jonias: Jonias wakes from his stupor and slices into the prone wolf before retreating behind the others.

Dr. Wicker: ((Which ones are prone?))

Jinharath: rolling 1d6
(3)= 3

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 9 | 20
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 7 | 11
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Jonias: Chased by one of the shadow hounds, the elf parry's away the gnashing teeth.

Dr. Wicker:
Focus: Psychic Assault
evocation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components:
Now focused on Psychic Assault: While focused on this discipline, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with psionic talents that deal psychic damage.

Psychic Focus can be changed as a bonus action.
DC17
Intelligence Save
Add +2 damage if focused on Psychic Assault.
15
psychic
Mind Thrust

Levinath (GM):
Intelligence
Shadow Hound
Ability: 3 | 6

Dr. Wicker: "Here boy!"
THe hound looks at the doctor, then its head swells, its whines filling the area before it pops like an overripe canteloupe.
Showering Jonias with viscera and skull fragments and brain matter.

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Levinath (GM): Euron pulls on the healing energies of helm and lays a hand on rogue who was nearly ripped apart.

Wolfe: "....Ew...Cat."

Levinath (GM):
8
Healing
Higher Level Cast
9
Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds

Wolfe: "You owe him a napkin or something."
Wolfe stows the spear and draws Shokan as he pumpkicks and brings the dai-katana down at the shadow-wolf.
30
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18 + 7
slashing

Dr. Wicker: "Sometimes I underestimate the low intelligence of a non-natural beastial entity, and it's primal faculties react poorly to..."

Wolfe:
11
Orcish Fury Crit Damage
Wolfe
26
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
14
slashing
50
Wolfe kicks the wolf in the jaw and then brings his sword down heavily, removing one leg.

GIZMO-5: The clockwork owl hovers over Gin and ejects metallic confetti to confuse the shadow hound.
Help action on Jin
Not GIN!
Tho now thursty

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 21 | 14
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Damage: 15piercing

Jinharath:
Absorb Elements
abjuration 2
Casting Time: 1 Reaction
Range: Self
Components: S
Duration: 1 Round
The spell captures some of the incoming energy, lessening its effect on you and storing it for your next melee attack. You have resistance to the triggering damage type until the start of your next turn. Also, the first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, the target takes an extra 1d6 damage of the triggering type, and the spell ends.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the extra damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

GIZMO-5: Gizmo does the freaky thing owls do where their head turns almost all the way upside down, confused at the woman's departure from a ripe target!

Jinharath:
8   19
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

GIZMO-5: (do we get to know what the card was? ;P)

Jonias: ((I have yet to get a card :'( ))

Dr. Wicker: ((stop whining . gif ))

Jinharath: Perhaps a little too focused on the next target, Jin sweeps past Wolfe's target and takes a slash on the leg for the oversight. She doesn't stop, but shifts the focus of her ire (and her Hunter's Mark) to the northernmost hound. She shouts and leaps forward, swords drawn.
18   14
20
Shortsword (+9)
7
Piercing
23   18
20
Shortsword (+9)
11
Piercing
rolling 2d6
(5+3)= 8

Levinath (GM): Both attacks hit and wolf snarls at Jin.

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 13 | 24
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 11 | 8
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Jinharath: Jinharath moves like the wind and easily dodges the wolf's vicious fangs!

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 22 | 14
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Bite
Shadow Hound
Attack: 12 | 12
lf the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw against disease or become poisoned until the disease is cured. Every 24 hours that elapse, the creature must repeat the saving throw, reducing its hit point maximum by 2d10 and increasing its Taint score by 1 on a failure. This reduction lasts until the disease is cured. The creature dies if the disease reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Damage: 13piercing

Wolfe:
17
CONSTITUTION SAVE (8)
Wolfe

Jonias:
15
(150/600)
Black Bladed Bow (+8)
9
Piercing
11
Sneak Attack Damage

Dr. Wicker:
DC17
Intelligence Save
Add +2 damage if focused on Psychic Assault.
14
psychic
Mind Thrust

Jonias: Jonias stows his blade and brings hos bow into both hands to fire a snapshot under Wolfe's arm into the belly of the shadowbeast. The creature fell dead at the half-orc's feet

Levinath (GM):
Intelligence
Shadow Hound
Ability: 11 | 12

Dr. Wicker: 16
She attempts to be more... measured....
And the Hound just freaks out and eats its ownself until it dies.

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker: "There... less... collateral refuse."

Jinharath: Jin's halfway through her next swing when the hound suddenly turns away and begins.. eating.. itself.
"What.. in the void..." she mutters, taking a step back, aghast.

Dr. Wicker: "I did not want to irk Mister Wolfe."

Jinharath: Jin turns a WTF face towards the Doc

Dr. Wicker: "So I adjusted."

Levinath (GM): The head rolls past the ground on the ground in the fog.
(group)

Dr. Wicker: (It just went nuts and bit at itself until it became... structurally unsound)

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over as the Hound literally cannibalizes itself, he blinks and blanches a bit, looking over at Cat afterward. "What... the fuck.. Cat!?"

Jonias: Jonias wipes the viscera from his leather armor, "Consider yourself lucky Jin."

Wolfe: "In what world is that okay?!?"

Dr. Wicker: "I didn't tell it to do that!"
"I just scrambled it... and.. that was what it decided to do!"

Jonias: The one where we live

Jinharath: "Jinharath," she corrects the elf, but with a distracted air as she continues to watch the doctor and wolf warily.

Wolfe: He frowns at Cat, uncertain about her answer, then turns to Jonias to change the subject. "Are you alright, Jonias?"

Jonias: Jonias looks towards the others then at the orbs floating about him, "Are they only congregating around me?"

Dr. Wicker: The doctor looks exasperated for a moment, not understanding why people didn't understand. Normal people and their thinking patterns.
She then crouches and inspects the shadowhounds. And takes a sample for the container jar!

Levinath (GM): The only three spheres in the area seem to all hover around Jonias.

Jinharath: While the others recover, Jin looks forward, eyes open for signs of any other threats or directions.
26   27
PERCEPTION (7)

GIZMO-5: The steampunk drone perches and its view pans left to right... then right to left.. as if it is scanning. Watching. Vigilant!

Euron: "What's going on up there?" Euron asks. trying to get a better view of what lies ahead.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin can only see to the North, the sheer cliff faces block both the East and West. She can see in the distance the outline of the cliffs breaking and massive dark willow trees lumbering over the fog.

Jinharath: Satisfied that they are relatively alone for the moment, Jin returns to the group.

Jonias: "Up there? What about right here?" The elf asks Euron pointing to the three floating orbs.

Dr. Wicker: ((I know Sam cant wait for when Cat makes some kaiju godzilla pacific rim monster with all the parts she's been collecting for 30+ sessions))

Wolfe: "Jonias, are you okay?" He asks, considering that the Elf had looked the worst of them.

Jinharath: Jin eyes the floating orbs.

(To GM): If Jin tries to connect with an orb telepathically, does anything happen?

Jonias: "I could use a drink and a bit of rest bother otherwise.." Jonias ducks suddenly as an orb darts towards him.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): She can sense an alien sentience, but nothing more.

(To GM): "Alien" like.. outsider?

Levinath (GM): It flies past him and then hovers again, near him.

Jonias:
27
ARCANA (8)

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Alien like she doesn't know wtf kind of thing she is connecting with.

Jinharath: Jin frowns, and shakes her head.

Levinath (GM): The orb reminds Jonias of a will o wisp.

Dr. Wicker: The platinum blonde half elf ponders aloud... "I wonder what these beasts consumed out here as there seems to be no viable food source."

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): As Jin severs the connection, she feels a chill down her spine for a brief moment.

Jinharath: "Will o wisps feed on the dying," she recalls.

Wolfe: "Maybe they have a lair or something further inside."

Jinharath: "These are not like any I've seen before, but that's the closest thing they resemble, to me."
"Are you ill, elf?"

Jonias: I suppose I am hurt. and that shadow creature did sink it's fangs deep. Euron, care to take a look over the wound?"

Jinharath:
12   13
PERCEPTION (7)

Dr. Wicker: ((lol Medicine?))

Euron: "Yes, come closer. Let me get a look."
Euron takes a look at the wound.

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Now that you look at the Elf, he does seem a little......translucent.

Levinath (GM): When Euron lights the torch, the orbs move a little further away.

Euron: "Is anyone else seeing this? There's less of him...there." Euron said, holding the light just a little closer to Jonias so the others can see.

Dr. Wicker: Behind her lenses, her eyes squint some at the ghostly lights when they shirk away.

Jonias: Little less of what?

Jinharath: "I see it," she confirms.
"The hounds have inflicted something."

Euron: Euron reaches out to poke at Jonias to ensure that he's not vanishing from the plane.

Jinharath: "The wisps can sense it. They are a malign presence and drawn to his doom."

Levinath (GM): As Euron holds the torch towards Jonias, everyone can see that, though it is subtle, some the torchlight passes through through him.
Jonias gets a solid poke to the chest.
He feels solid as an elf can feel.

Jonias: "That's... not the normal effect of one my spells." Jonias looks up towards his friend Euron and the doctor, "Any way to stop this?"

Wolfe: Wolfe will step forward to scout around given his superior-race vision.

Dr. Wicker: "That sounds like a Shadowfell ailment." she postulated.

Wolfe:
7
PERCEPTION (6)
Wolfe
"Looks safe to keep going, I think!"

Dr. Wicker: She glances at Gizmo with some wordless command, then looks back to Jonias.
Beryllium: Beryl appears on Jonias's shoulder, a worried look overcame the dragonling as she flew around her new master.

GIZMO-5: Gizmo hovers over and lands on Wolfe's shoulder, looking forward to assist him! Vigilant. Like a fowl metal sentinel of the night!

Jinharath: Jin eyes the cleric tending to the elf, then moves up to join wolfe.

Euron:
20   25
RELIGION (5)
"Transparency is something I look for in my friends, Jonias, but this is a bit much." Euron jests.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona takes out a large magnifying glass and examines Jonias.

Jinharath: "Whatever foulness has caused this, it is not anything I have encountered before," she comments.

Dr. Wicker: Her eye warps in the lense in a weird way, all big like. Science!
Beryllium: "Ha, ha, real funny Euron." the elf quips back, "Seriously my friend. What can you do?"

Jonias: "Ha, ha, real funny Euron." the elf quips back, "Seriously my friend. What can you do?"

Euron: "Unfortunately...I have." Euron said.
"There creatures aligned with the darkness that, when they bite someone, their darkness seeps into the wound. It eats away at a person's being until they fade away. That's what's happened to Jonias."

Dr. Wicker: "Fascinating."
"I mean.. terrible. But also Fascinating..."

Euron: "I have an idea. I'm going to try something, my friend. Either it will work perfectly or it will send you screaming into the Nine Hells to be obliterated for all time." Euron said grimly.

Jonias: "Funny part is, I've had far more painful bites"

Wolfe: "...that's not really comforting, Euron."

Euron: "I'm joking about part of that."

Jonias: The elf blink's at the priest.

Wolfe: "...which part?"

Dr. Wicker: Catriona laughs then snorts.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to Cat, and her snort kinda makes him chuckle a bit, ass well.

Euron: "I need someone to hold this torch, please." Euron said.

Wolfe: *as

Dr. Wicker: The doctor volunteers.
"Are we to burn it out of him?"

Wolfe: Wolfe reaches a hand up to pet Gizmo's metal feathers, seeming to not mind the bird at all.

Jonias: Jonais makes sure to keep an eye on the torch, less the forgetful doctor bring it too close to him along with her giant eye glass.

Euron: He hands the torch over to the Doctor and then reaches into his shirt to bring forth The Watcher's Eye.

Jinharath: Jinharath slips forward, sticking to the shadows to go unseen.

Euron: The heirloom hands from a chain on Euron's neck, the holy symbol a representation of Euron's faith. He whispers in Celestial as he waves the Eye over Jonias's body, attempting to purge the shadow from his aura.
Lesser Restoration
abjuration 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.

Levinath (GM): Euron can feel the virus leave Jonias with the healing power his spell. The priest is certain the ailment in the dog bite has left the rogue and will no longer drain his constitution, but his transparency remains.

GIZMO-5: Wolfe finds that Gizmo is still a jaggged device of copper, steel and electrum. And therefore not all that fun to pet for normal people. But for a hardcore samurai, it probably is fun.

Dr. Wicker: Holding the torch, the bespectacled scientist watches with wonder.

Euron: Euron continues for a few minutes before opening his eyes. The transparency is still present but...
"You're no longer infected, my friend. This issue with your skin however..."

Jonias: Jonias looks himself over, his wound healed and malaise lifted. His transparency however...

Dr. Wicker: "Arresting its progress is still a very positive outcome." she says to Euron.

Euron: "I'd suggest that none of us getting bitten or afflicted like that for the foreseeable future, though."

Jonias: "This... is... AWESOME!" The elf says excitedly. his first real display of joy as seen by the others.

Dr. Wicker: "That is an unexpected response given the situation at present."

Wolfe: Wolfe is a hardcore samurai, and given their travels comes to find the Owl one of his best friends. He's watching Jonias's reaction with some surprise and curiosity, but shrugs a little given that - hey, he seems fine with it.

Jonias: The elf looks to Beryl, "We should be able to slip into the archives now with..." the elf stops with his rambling but smiles nonetheless
I feel otherwise fine

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Siannodel, you still look more mangled than healthy."
"Perhaps delirium?" she says, looking to Euron, as if he is a fellow doctor, diagnosing a patient.

Jonias: "I suppose however, Euron and the doctor should keep an eye on my condition. if this is what happened to the villagers, or tied to them, we may be able to learn more about this blight.

Euron: Euron is concerned but he doesn't want to alarm his friend by speaking against his joy. "It's hard to show an elf something new. This might be one of those times." he said.
"Yes, I'll be watching. You won't be vanishing away on my watch."

Jonias: "more importantly I'll be harder to spot in the meantime. And I don't need to sleep so hopefully their condition won't affect me."

Dr. Wicker: "Yes, when there is time I should take a sample for study."

Jinharath: Jin returns to the others. "If everything is sorted, we should move," she says, doing a little double-take at the grinning but still-transparent elf. She points towards the north. "The caverns break not far from here, and the fog continues into a forest."

Dr. Wicker: She looks at his hair... because she is gonna take a strand of it at some point.

Jonias: "I could perhaps use a few more bandages to address the rest of these wounds."

Dr. Wicker: She buttons her coat and turns to follow and move ahead

Wolfe: Wolfe will hang back behind the others near Cat, his eyes sweeping the area as he speaks in a lower tone so as not to draw the attention of the others. "Your powers never used to do that sort of stuff, before."

Levinath (GM): The narrow passage leads the group to thickly wooded area, the darkness pressing in more as the group proceeds. The torchlight seems to be consumed by the darkness, shedding half its normal light and even those with dark vision find it difficult to see half their normal distance. The huge willow branches hang low to the ground and their cold wet tendrils feel wrong as the group passes through them. The trail of green blood picks up again and leads them further into the woods until the sound of a soft brook breaks the normal forest sounds.
The group stands at a river, the thick acidic blood of the shadow beast Wolf carved up hours ago trails down to its still body at the water's edge. A green mist he same color as the motes hovers over the water and large seeweed like plants break the surface of the river, swaying lazily in the flow.

Dr. Wicker:
Focus: Mastery of Light/Dark
abjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components:
Now focused on Mastery of Light & Darkness: While focused on this discipline, natural and magical darkness within 30 feet of you has no effect on your vision.

Psychic Focus can be changed as a bonus action.

Euron: When Euron notices how the torchlight is affected, his eyes narrow. Not a good sign. Nor is the general feeling of this place.
"How well can the rest of you see here?" Euron said.

Dr. Wicker: Before she can answer Wolfe's concerns... she remains silent as they enter dangerous territory.

Jinharath: Jinharath slows down and inspects the ground, looking for clues as to what kind of creatures pass through here aside from the wolves, if any.

Wolfe: "Not great."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona points ahead into the darkness.

Jinharath: "The beast we followed lays there," she whispered, pointing to a point close to where the doctor indicated.
17   23
SURVIVAL (3)

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin can see humanoid footprints in the area along with many clawed beasts such as the one in front of her, wolves, and large amphibian prints.

Jinharath: Jin gestures for the group to wait a moment, and clears her head to try and sense whether there are humans or aberrations in the area.

Dr. Wicker:
21   7
PERCEPTION (6)

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): There are fifty or so humanoids to the North. They are spread between a half mile and a mile away.

Jinharath: It takes about a minute, but eventually Jin opens her eyes and turns back to the group, speaking quietly. "Dozens of humanoids are nearby," she says, pointing towards the tracks. "They are spread out between a half mile and mile that way," shessays, pointing north. "Some kind of community..."

Dr. Wicker: Her voice delivers in a low volume. "It looks alive..."

Jinharath: "More of the shadow monsters have been here, and something with webbed feet..."
You   have   an   innate   ability   to   communicate
with   beasts,   and   they   recognize   you   as   a   kindred
spirit. Through   sounds   and   gestures,   you   can
communicate   simple   ideas   to   a   beast as   an   action,
and   can   read   its   basic   mood   and   intent.   You   learn

Jinharath: its   emotional   state,   whether   it   is   affected   by
magic   of   any   sort,   its   short-term   needs   (such   as
food   or   safety),   and   actions   you   can   take   (if   any)
to   persuade   it   to   not attack.
You   cannot   use   this   ability   against   a   creature
that   you   have   attacked   within   the   past   10

Jinharath: minutes.

Levinath (GM): Jin seems unable to read the creature that lays before her.

Dr. Wicker: "Might I remind everyone that their blood is caustic." she says in a whisper.

Wolfe: "Yeah, noted. Keep your distance."

Jinharath: She nods to the doctor.
"An arrow from afar then?" she suggests, looking back to the others.

Euron: Euron grimaces. "Did she say something with webbed feet?" he asks, suppressing a shudder.

Wolfe: "Well, sounds like we're on the right track of bad, at least."

Dr. Wicker: "This could be some kind of planar incursion of the Shadowfell..."

Jinharath: "Something approaches," she whispers, stepping aside to attempt to disappear into the shadows.
16   18
STEALTH (9)

Levinath (GM): The cloud of green smog moves casually towards the group.

Jinharath: Jin waits to see if it's going to come out of the water

Wolfe: Wolfe slowly draws Shokan, though he's not sure that it'll be very effective.

Levinath (GM): It circles around the laying shadow beast, and coalesces around it.

Dr. Wicker: "I can set a holographic distraction, see how it reacts." she whispers.

Levinath (GM): It shrouds the creature in a thick green cloud.

Dr. Wicker: "Should I? It might be healing the beast."

Levinath (GM): You can see the creature's form stand in the cloud.

Wolfe: "Do it, Cat."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona pulls her Phantasmitron 6000, a small disk that hovers in the air. It generates an illusion in the distance near the phenomenon. The image is of one of the Shadow monsters, standing in place.
Minor Illusion

Levinath (GM): The creature turns as soon as the illusion appears, cocking its head to the side.
Intelligence
Shadow Monster
Ability: 8 | 7
It does not move from the cloud.

Jinharath: Jin grows impatient.
And considers launching herself at the beast rather than running experiments.

Dr. Wicker: "Well, we at least can tell the green atmospheric entity has a restorative effect on the creature."
"Logic would dictate that the Source is nearby."

(To GM): If Jin tries to talk telepathically tot he Shadow Monster, does anything happen?

Euron: "So do we attack? Or try to go around it to find the source?"

Jonias:
14
STEALTH (12)

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Jin's mind feels like it has been dipped into ice cold water. The overwhelming sense if despair and darkness flood her mind an instant later and she is barely able to release the connection.

Levinath (GM): The creature's head snaps to the East.
The cloud expands and the creature runs up the hill from the water.

Jinharath: Jin attacks!

Jonias: Jonias pipes up, "We have other creatures across the water from us."

Jinharath:
13   22
20
Shortsword (+9)
11
Piercing
18   18
20
Shortsword (+9)
11
Piercing

Jinharath:
16   29
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6 + 1
Bludgeoning
15   26
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
(spent 1 ki)

Levinath (GM): Her blades and elbows slash into the beast's hide and she gets 3 acid damage for her troubles.

Jinharath: Jin leaps from the darkness as the creature moves near. Seeming to have already forgotten the doctor's warning, she slashes twice with her blades and then follows up with sharp elbows to the creature's toxic head.

Levinath (GM):
Initiative
Shadow Monster
Initiative: 8

Euron: "Helm's Beard! Did anyone else know that she was going to do that?" Euron asked.

Wolfe:
12
INITIATIVE (0)
Wolfe

Jinharath:
22
INITIATIVE (8)
18
INITIATIVE (8)

Euron:
11
INITIATIVE (2)

Wolfe: "Nope!"

Levinath (GM):
Initiative
Shadow Monster
Initiative: 25
Initiative
Shadow Monster
Initiative: 8

Jonias: "She stole my move..." Jonias grumbles to himself
12.18
INITIATIVE (4.18)

Dr. Wicker:
14
INITIATIVE (3)
Initiative
Gizmo
Initiative: 18

Jonias:
23.18
INITIATIVE (4.18)

Jinharath:
23   19
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing

Levinath (GM): The creature lets out a howl as Jin assaults it. More scurrying can be heard in the woods.

Jonias:
12
INITIATIVE (4)

Dr. Wicker: "It's brood are awakened."

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 10 | 10
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 20 | 13
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 10 | 14
Damage: 9slashing
Another from the north comes up behind Jin and attacks.

Jinharath: Focused as she is on the beast before her, Jin takes a surprise claw to the back and grunts under her breath.
She retains her focus on the beast before her, summoning her Hunter's Mark to aid her before slashing at it again.
29   20
20
Shortsword (+9)
9 + 5
Piercing
24   28
20
Shortsword (+9)
10
Piercing
rolling 2d6
(2+5)= 7

Levinath (GM): Jin's weapons strike again leaving more small slashes in it's hide. 4 acid.

Jonias:
25   24
(150/600)
Black Bladed Bow (+8)
9
Piercing
12
Sneak Attack Damage
23
STEALTH (12)
Peaking out from behind the foliage, Jonias fired an arrow deep into the alien being's side before slipping into the shadow of the foliage around him.

Euron:
16   19
ARCANA (1)

GIZMO-5: He activates and uses the Help Action on Wolfe. Opening its beak, 3 red laser dots search the darkness for targets....

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker: "I'll operate above."

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over up to Gizmo and its laser-sights. "See, I really like this bird."

Dr. Wicker: Catriona taps the buttons on her coat in a specific pattern, and armatures of metal extend from her back and connect into some steampunk jet pack.
Jetpack (Bestial Transformation)
transmutation 3
Casting Time: 1 bonus action.
Target: Self
Components: M (Bestial Form)
Duration: 1 hour
As a bonus action, you alter your physical form to gain different characteristics.

Flight You gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed.

5 psi points spent.

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes widen as Cat Iron-Man's it.
"What in the Nine Hells?"

Dr. Wicker: A visor goes over her face and she takes off into the sky with a blast of fire from the thrusters.

Euron: Euron stands there, mouth hanging open in amazement.

Wolfe: "...."

Euron: "W-what just happened?"

Dr. Wicker:
10
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
BUT I MISS
She holds out her hand and lances the air with blue fire. "AH!" and spins from the backblast of the attack.
"IM OKAY!!!"

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Wolfe: "...Good!"
"I'm glad!"
"Tarnation..." Wolfe mutters to himself and then leaps down to help Jinharath.

Dr. Wicker:

Jonias: Jonias tries not to snicker from his hiding spot.

Euron: "What in the name of the Watcher? How does she do it?"

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   
23   15
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18
slashing
16   21
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
10
slashing
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
29
Slashing

Dr. Wicker: Gizmo's gives double advantage which should be a thing.... he still feels like he contributes.

Wolfe:
13   18
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
27
Slashing
84

Levinath (GM): 13
Wolfe eats some acid for his troubles, but lays the beast out.
Perception
Shadow Monster
Skill: 20 | 23

Wolfe: Wolfe leaps down and lets out a shout of "ASAKIIIIII!!!!" that fills the air as his blade moves like the wind, lines of acidic blood flow across the patterns of his blade, leaving smoldering wounds on his arms, but the Samurai barely notices.

Jonias:
18   22
STEALTH (12)

Euron:
3
Healing
Higher Level Cast
2
Healing
60 ft
Mass Healing Word

Jinharath: Jinharath pauses, caught off guard by the sudden and very effective appearance of the half-orc.

Levinath (GM): He saw Jonias.
Strength
Shadow Monster
Ability: 15 | 14

Euron: Euron focuses on the party and spreads a bit of Helm's favor toward them, healing their wounds.

Levinath (GM): The shadow monster LEAPS over the river, barely clawing his way up the slope before jumping in the bush with the rogue.
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 17 | 17
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.

Jonias:
Shield
abjuration 1
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 round
An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Dr. Wicker: "Contact south!" she calls out, trying to level off.... but just kind of wobblign around in the air awkwardly.

Levinath (GM):
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 25 | 27
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 17 | 12
Damage: 11 + 10slashing
The green cloud moves towards the group, it floats around Jonias. Other than feeling a bit chilly he notices no other negative effect.
The other monster attacks Jin again.
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 25 | 13
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 6piercing

Jinharath:
13   20
STRENGTH SAVE (3)

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 20 | 23
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Damage: 9piercing
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 14 | 19
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 20 | 15
Damage: 15slashing
Damage: 13slashing

Levinath (GM): 43 Damage

Wolfe:
Hero's Charge
Wolfe Other: Special Boon
You may expend your reaction and second wind to immediately move up to 1.5 times your movement to an ally who has fallen unconscious. Upon reaching the target you heal them with your second wind plus an additional 1d4 + 1 for each attack of opportunity you received while moving.

You may only use this boon once per long rest.

Jinharath:
7
HIT DICE (D10+2)

Wolfe: 16

Levinath (GM): The creature bites into Jin and ravages her body. Just as she feels unconsciousness pulling her away, Euron runs to her and fills her with holy light. At the same instant Wolfe charges in to protect his ally.

Wolfe: Wolfe leaps forward with Euron as they both hero squad it, and he arrives at Jinharath's side. He quickly pops a healing potion and pours it down her throat. It's Super Effective!

Euron: "You're not leaving us that easy, friend!" Euron says, dashing into the fray to help Jinharath!

Jinharath: Jin scarcely has time to stop moving once she hits the ground before she's suddenly tugged back to consciousness. "Ugh..." she murmurs, trying to gain her bearings quickly. "My thanks,..." she says, climbing to her feet.
Jin turns to the offending beast and tries to reap some payback.
15   24
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing
17   11
20
Shortsword (+9)
7
Piercing
25   16
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
12   10
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning

Jinharath: (last ki)

Levinath (GM): All but the last attack finds purchase.

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Levinath (GM): She gets a little acid for that. 1

Jonias:
Bladesong
Class: Wizard/2
Twice per short rest, you can use a bonus action to start a Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute and grants you the following benefits:

You gain a +4 bonus to your AC, your walking speed increases by 10 ft., you have advantage on Acrobatics checks, and you gain a +4 bonus to any CON saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell.

It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time you choose (no action required).
23   20
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
6
Piercing
  3
Thunder
5
Thunder
Blade of Focused Energy

GIZMO-5: Gizmo circles overhead and triangulates its tracer lights on the creature for Wolfe. Help Action.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker: (How hurt is the one by Jonias?)

Levinath (GM): Jonias gets 7 acid damage.

Jonias: Jonias keeps his bow in one hand but draws his blade with the other. The blade vibrates at an audible b-flat to which Jonias begins to hum along with as he steps from the dense shrubs. Blade and thunder snap out at the alien creature.

Dr. Wicker: The roar of steampunk propulsion carries the airborne scientist in an unsteady fashion above. She lofts her visor and looks down at the one assailing the hurt Jonias.
"Mister Siannodel... look alive!"

Jonias: "Are you mocking my current translucent condition?"

Dr. Wicker: Then her eyes light up and she blasts down at the creature, illuminating the area.
Radiant Beam
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60'
Target: One creature
Components: M (Mastery of Light/Dark)
Duration: Concentration 1 minute
As an action, you project a beam of light at one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a DEX saving throw DC17. On a failed save, it takes 20 radiant damage and is blinded until your concentration ends. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

A blinded target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

You can increase this effect's damage by 1d6 per each additional psi point spent on it.

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Shadow Monster
Ability: 20 | 20

Dr. Wicker: BAH
The radiant damage scours the ground, digging a glowing track of molten soil as it lances at the monster.... akwardly

Levinath (GM): The creature looks to the Doctor as her beam charges, the venom dripping from its fangs. It lets our a growl and jumps into the bush at the last moment before the blast hits.

Dr. Wicker: It causes her to flip backward and shoot off into the sky.. "TARNATION!"
((still take half damage))
((or full I guess if radiant vulnerable))

Levinath (GM): It did not seem to like that.

Wolfe:
7   10
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
29
Slashing
21
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
16
slashing

GIZMO-5: GIZMO warbles sadly.

Wolfe: The laser sights kind of blind Wolfe for a second. "Gah, damnit Gizmo! I can't fucking see!"

GIZMO-5: Gizmo would regret his chrome under-feather detail if he could properly feel emotion.

Euron:
25
Healing
60 Feet
Mass Cure Wounds

GIZMO-5: "I will find proficiency at targeting while airborne, I promise!" she rambles, probably more to herself in embarrassment than anything.
*Cat

Levinath (GM): Euron and Jonias feel a chill as the smoke moves over them.
6
The creature seems a bit healthier.

Dr. Wicker: "That atmospheric effect is restorative!"
"To the shadow entities, not our friendlies..."

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 8 | 27
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.

Euron:
15   12
ARCANA (1)

Levinath (GM):
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 16 | 12
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 8 | 23

Dr. Wicker: ((someone use a Chill Touch cantrip!))

Jonias: Jonias continues to harmonize with his blade while humming and dodging the swipes of the creature

Levinath (GM): The creature to the north turns its attention to the man who robbed it of its kill.
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 10 | 21
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 14 | 14
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 20 | 18
Damage: 14slashing

Euron: "This smoke....Jonias doesn't this remind you of those motes from the canyon?"
"And back in town! It's just like those!"

Jinharath:
19   23
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing

Dr. Wicker: (willowisps)

Jinharath:
20   13
20
Shortsword (+9)
8
Piercing
3
90 feet
Hunter's Mark
6
90 feet
Hunter's Mark

Jonias: "Could they be attracted to me still?"

Levinath (GM): 4 Acid

Wolfe: "Ugh. SIT. DOG." Wolfe snarls as he gets nipped at by this abominable shadow monster.

Jinharath: Jin attacks the beast once more, once more summoning Harath's aid to focus her attacks.

Jonias:
20
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
8
Piercing
  9
Thunder
 
GIZMO-5: The drone recalibrates its targeting lasers for Wolfe. Help.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jonias: Jonias maintains his song and keeps himself between the creature and euron. Again his blade strikes with thunder before dancing back and ushering his friend back as well.

GIZMO-5: Catriona rockets horizontally, strafing across and holds out her arm to fire her flame thrower.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona rockets horizontally, strafing across and holds out her arm to fire her flame thrower.
25
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
Also, does the fire affect the green smoke?
22
Fire

Jonias: The elf then shields his eyes as light off the flames threaten to blind him.

Levinath (GM): It does seem to burn away a small amount as it flies through.

Dr. Wicker:

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker: ((I realize in my post I didnt say I attacked the Shadow Monster....))
(i pinged it yeah))

Wolfe: Wolfe, with the help of GIZMO-5, tries to finish this shadow monster ONCE AND FOR ALL.
14   21
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
24
Slashing
20
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
13
slashing

Dr. Wicker: The jet of blue flame illuminates the area as it pours into the shadowy demon.

Levinath (GM): 5 Acid and a very angry shadow monster.

Jonias: Jonias again shield his elven eyes after the doctor's attack through the cloud.

GIZMO-5: GIZMO buzzes and its happy eyebrows curve down angrily and its eyes turn red as it targets a vulnerable area for Wolfe to strike.

Wolfe: Wolfe's sword skewers it but acid breath is a bad time, he hisses in pain.

Euron: Euron sees the green smoke moving toward them and reaches into a pouch for a vial of holy water. He flicks out the stopper, dumps it over his head and says something in Celestial!
Protection from Evil and Good
abjuration 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (Holy water or powdered silver and iron, which the spell consumes)
Duration: Concentration Up to 10 minutes
Until the spell ends, one willing creature you touch is protected against certain types of creatures - aberrations, celestials, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead.

The protection grants several benefits. Creatures of those types have disadvantage on attack rolls against the target. The target also can't be charmed, frightened, or possessed by them. If the target is already charmed, frightened, or possessed by such a creature, the target has advantage on any new saving throw against the relevant effect.

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 10 | 21
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 21 | 21
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 8 | 15
Damage: 15slashing

Jonias:
Shield
abjuration 1
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 round
An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Levinath (GM): 6
Jonias finds the cloud is no longer cold and he heals for 6 damage.

GIZMO-5: (HES ONE OF THEM!!!)

Levinath (GM): And then, Wolfemeat.
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 17 | 13
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 23 | 12
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 13 | 19
Damage: 15slashing

Jinharath:
20   17
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing
16   15
20
Shortsword (+9)
10
Piercing

Wolfe: Wolfe at least avoids the other two attacks while a claw rakes across his chest. "OW."

Jinharath:
26   22
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
4
90 feet
Hunter's Mark
1
90 feet
Hunter's Mark
3
90 feet
Hunter's Mark

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Levinath (GM): Jin takes 6 acid damage.

Jonias:
28
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
7
Piercing
  8
Thunder
 
GIZMO-5: Wolfe Help Protocols engaged.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dr. Wicker:
DC17
Intelligence Save
Add +2 damage if focused on Psychic Assault.
18
psychic
Mind Thrust
20

Levinath (GM):
Intelligence
Shadow Monster
Ability: 20 | 5

Dr. Wicker: Nothing then

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jonias: Jonias breathes in the green cloud, finding its effects... restorative..
He continues to hum his tune as he swipes with his thundering blade.

Wolfe:
9   18
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21
Slashing
29
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
19
slashing
22
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
14
slashing

Levinath (GM): Wolfe feels a chill down his spine as he enters the cloud.

GIZMO-5: The drone warbles in delight. Victory! Protocol efficiency 88%.

Wolfe: Wolfe don't got time for chills or clouds, what he does have time for, however, is cutting shadow monsters to pieces as he cuts one in half and then moves after the other!

Euron: Euron tosses the stoppered bottle aside and finds the parchment. He whispers a prayer and then points at Jinharath, who is surrounded by a shimmering field!
Shield of Faith
abjuration 1
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 60 ft
Components: V, S, M (A small parchment with a bit of holy text written on it)
Duration: Concentration Up to 10 minutes
A shimmering field appears and surrounds a creature of your choice within range, granting it a +2 bonus to AC for the duration.

Dr. Wicker: (( FYI cant concentrate on Protection and SHield of Faith at the same time))

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Monster
Attack: 14 | 8
If the target is a creature, it must succeed a DC 15 strength save or be knocked prone. If a creature is prone after this attack, the shadow monster make make another bite attack as a bonus action. Any creature hit by this bite increases it's taint score by 1.
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 15 | 18
Claw
Shadow Monster
Attack: 10 | 23

Euron: (Euron drops Protection upon himself.)

Dr. Wicker: (( nasty))

Jinharath: Jin turns to follow after Wolfe and the remaining shadow beast, but stops when she finds Euron pointing at her. The manifestation of the shimmering field unnerves her at first, but then recognition of what he's done sets in, and she nods her thanks before taking off after wolfe.

Wolfe: "Come on, ugly, I'm the scariest fucker in this entire continent. Come get it!"

Dr. Wicker: "I do not think it understands common, or self deprecating falsehoods, Mister Wolfe."

Jinharath:
10   14
20
Shortsword (+9)
6
Piercing
20   15
20
Shortsword (+9)
8
Piercing
14   27
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
1
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark
3
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Jonias:
20   22
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
11
Piercing
  11
Thunder
 
Levinath (GM): 6

Jonias:
10
Sneak Attack Damage

GIZMO-5: Wolfe Assisted Murder Protocols Activated.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

GIZMO-5: Cat attempts to level off and aim ...extra hard...
Focus: Mastery of Fire
abjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components:
Now focused on Mastery of Light & Fire: While focused on this discipline, you gain resistance to fire damage, and you gain a +2 bonus to rolls for fire damage.

Psychic Focus can be changed as a bonus action.
13
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)

Levinath (GM): It bounces off the creature but burns up more of the cloud.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jonias: The elf shakes his head, invigorated by the green smoke, but looking to shake off the voice that seemed to come with it.
now able to dance around his companions, Jonias slipped his thundering blade past the alien creature's defenses. With the aid of his allies the elf struck more vital flesh.
Looking to clear his head the elf stepped out of the green mist.

GIZMO-5: "NERRRRTS!!!!" she exclaims loudly.

Wolfe:
25   16
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21 + 12
Slashing

Dr. Wicker: "NERRRRTS!!!!" she exclaims loudly.

Jinharath: Jin ducks as the fire shoots off overhead. "Yes!" she calls, encouraging the doctor. "Burn away the fog!"

Wolfe:
27
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18
slashing
23
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
14
slashing
65

Wolfe: Gizmo flies down and scratches at the Shadow Monster's eyes, causing it to flinch and accidentally leap into Wolfe's sword. He brings the monster up into the air, impaled on the end of his daikatana and then kicks it off the end of the kebob, quickly cutting it into three different pieces.

GIZMO-5: GIZMO lets out a loud mechanical sound, distracting the beast to assist Wolfe. The sound kind of sound like the words "FINISH HIM"... but obviously the owl cant talk so it is just a coincidence.

Wolfe: He lifts a hand up toward Gizmo for an obvious high-5.
"Good job, buddy."

Levinath (GM): As the group has moved closed to Jonias they can see that now, not only is he translucent, but shadow tendrils seem to wreathe around him.

GIZMO-5: It high wings, with a clank.

Dr. Wicker: "That green... mist is still active!" says Catriona.

Jonias: "Okay... maybe this isn't as awesome..."

Wolfe: Turning to the Elf, the wounded Half-Orc's bushy white eyebrows go high. "You don't look good buddy."

Euron: "Did it bite you again?"

Levinath (GM): The chill in the air reminds everyone (except Jonias) they are still standing in a green cloud.

Jinharath: Jin gestures to Jonias with her sword. "Your friend has been cursed with whatever created the shadow beasts," she observes, to Wolfe.

Dr. Wicker: "I can try to burn it away, but will need everyone outside of the hazard radius."

Jinharath: Jin heeds the doctor's warning and moves away, waving for the others to do the same.

Dr. Wicker: She feathers her propulsion for a controlled descent, landing on the ground.
"Mister Wolfe, please move aside."

Jonias: Jonias looks to Wolfe and Jin, "You two look translucent to me. Have you been bitten?"

Wolfe: Wolfe moves out of the cloud.

Euron: Euron looks at Jinharath and sees it. "Oh no."

Jinharath: Jin frowns at Jonias.

Wolfe: "Just bled on and clawed a bit."

Levinath (GM): Everyone can see Wolfe and Jin now see to share the same malady that had only before affected Jonias.

Dr. Wicker: Twisting a knob along her wrist, she calibrates and then aims at the cloud from a safe distance. Then she blasts blue fire into it...

Levinath (GM): The gas is burned away.

Dr. Wicker: "This place is not safe, if we are to examine this ailment, perhaps we should backtrack."
"Perhaps back to the Rex?"
End Session 50

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »
Session 51

Levinath (GM): The Watch has moved closer to the center of the mysterious darkness. After a vicious fight with more shadow monsters, they find themselves near an eerie river. Jin was able to discern there are nearly fifty humanoids to the North around a mile away.

Jinharath: Unsettled by the creatures they'd encountered so far, Jin made use of the down-time by meditating off a few paces away from the rest of the group. Having reinforced her bond with Harath, she rises reinvigorated and ready to press on. She returns to the group and looks them over.
"We should move on soon," she observed.

Wolfe: Wolfe has gotten himself his consumate needed rest and refocus. He has cleaned and sharpened Shokan and meditated upon the future. Rising to his feet, the samurai has re-donned his armor and stands ready to fight. "Sooner we get this done, the sooner we can all go back to Neverwinter for a beer."

Jonias: Jonias's meditation was fitful. This darkness was getting to the elf. The accidental killing of innocents yesterday also weighed heavily on him.
Still the rest did him well. and perusing his spellbook seemed to help finally reset his mind. Though not at ease in this darkness still he followed the others as they up and readied themselves..

Wolfe: Wolfe is kinda transluscent
He is going to soon become a shadow-killer Half-Orc

Dr. Wicker: Several times, Catriona expresses concern over Wolfe's shadowy state, though probably has no way to fix it.

Jinharath:
13   7
ARCANA (0)

Jonias: Jonias sighed heavily before looking to Wolfe and Jin, "Have either of you been hearing voices yet?" the elf asked while looking over his translucence and shadowy tendrils.
26
ARCANA (8)
Gavin:
9   10
ARCANA (1)

Jinharath: Jinharath narrows her eyes thoughtfully at the rogue. "What manner of voices?"

Wolfe: "Just all of yours."

Jonias: "This presence, I'm not sure how or why it is here, but it comes from the Shadowfell. I'm not sure if this disease or poison will fade, but I think it gets worse first. Maybe because we're in this darkness.
Eventually the shadows begin to whisper. Nothing important or that makes sense. But the voices are there... We should move quickly to stop this malase."

Levinath (GM): Another cloud of green mist has formed on the large tree in the middle of the river during the group's rest. It lingers there and does not approach Jonias or the others.

Wolfe: "Yeah but how do we combat that? We just gotta find the source and cut it out."

Jinharath: "To what end, I wonder," Jin murmur, slowly reaching out and poking the elf in the arm, as though testing his corporeal shape. "To transform us into beasts like the hounds we fought?"

Jonias: "That would be my best guess, Wolfe."

Jinharath: But she nods at Wolfe. "Perhaps stopping the source will stop the magic. Are we ready to proceed?" she asks, looking towards the doctor, the quiet one.

Wolfe: "If we're like them something that has control over the shadowfell and its energies could control us, then. Like it did those people."

Jonias:
18
ACROBATICS (8)

Levinath (GM): Jonias is not able to see more than thirty feet in the intense darkness they currently exist in.

Dr. Wicker: She just nods once at Jinharath. "I concur. Terminate the source, end it's ongoing effects.... in theory"

Jonias: "If there are souls to our north we should find and see what know and if they are at the cause of this."

Wolfe: "Any ideas? We can try and investigate past the river."
"They're likely controlled."

Dr. Wicker: "Another green atmospheric phenomenon has formed... perhaps it regenerates."

Jinharath: Jin creeps stealthily towards the river, trying to see more detail about the tree and the river itself.
14   23
STEALTH (9)

Jonias: "Or perhaps there is a large cult channeling whatever magic of the Shadowfell into this region."

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): As Jin moves close to the water, she can see that a tree much larger than the surrounding ones rests on a small island at the center of the river. Thin green sap drips down the black bark and the branches seem to curl at your menacingly. The large wispy reeds that jut out of the river are likewise, covered in the thin green sap.

Euron: Euron completes his time of prayer and commune with Helm and is ready to go.

Jinharath:
19   21
PERCEPTION (7)

Dr. Wicker: "Likely. That just means we should put a cessation to their ..um.. activities."

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Also sees a large pair of eyes, staring directly at her from the reeds directly East of her.

Wolfe: "Well, we'll check out both. Not like we're on a clock."

Jinharath: "There are creatures here," she says, dispensing with stealth once it's clear she's been seen.

Dr. Wicker: "No, we are on ground..."

Jinharath: She doesn't seem upset, though, and continues to watch the reeds.

Wolfe: Wolfe hops down, pulling Shokan once he hits level earth and walks forward to back up Jinharath.

Jonias: Jonias lifts his shadowy-tendrilled hands towards Wolfe, "While this has been advantageous so far, I don't believe this will get better with time..."

Jinharath: "The tree..." she says, when wolfe walks up. "Do you see, how it drips with green sap? Unnatural. Perhaps fire to kill it?" she suggested, looking up at the half-orc.
"And there is something watching us from the reeds, there," she said, with another gesture.

Wolfe: "Fire's not my department, but Cat.." He looks up to the Doc.

Jinharath: She focuses on the reeds, and tries to touch the mind of the creature laying in wait there.

Levinath (GM): The two eyes, the size of watermelons, stare at Jin unblinking.

Dr. Wicker: "An attack on the tree, if it is indeed a point of interest, will likely stir the those defending it..."

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): "Ribbit!"

Jinharath: "...frog."

Wolfe: "Bring 'em on. I prefer a straight fight."

Jinharath: She tilts her head, trying to make the image work right in her mind. "Very... large... frog..."
GroupInit:
Doctor Wicker
21
Euron Sand
5
Jonias
7
Jinharath
19
Wolfe
7

Dr. Wicker: ((lol are we rolling init against ourselves))

Levinath (GM): It raises its head out of the water. Gnarled horns and evil eyes look at the woman with hunger.

Dr. Wicker: "Miss, look out!"
((should I just go??))
DC17
Intelligence Save
Add +2 damage if focused on Psychic Assault.
14
psychic
Mind Thrust

Levinath (GM):
Intelligence
Bukavac
Ability: 11 | 14
The creature cocks it's head and lets out a loud croak as it is assaulted.

Dr. Wicker: (16 damage)

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Make a perception

Jinharath:
17   12
PERCEPTION (7)

Dr. Wicker: The doctor points ahead, touching two tips of her fingers to her temple sending an imperceptble warble through the air.

Jinharath: "I am looking!" she assures the doctor as she runs forward, swords raised against the massive toad.

Dr. Wicker: "Unwise to challenge it in the water, where it is its habitat!"
(lol throw a rock))
((no ))
((But if Jin throws a rock, isnt it auto martial arts damage instead of ...rock damage))

Jinharath: Jin casts HUNTER'S MARK on the toad!
Annnnd throws a dagger.

Dr. Wicker: (o.O? i didnt do anything)

Jinharath: ((Ignore last))
Jin casts HUNTER'S MARK on the toad and readies herself to stab it when it reaches land!

Dr. Wicker: "Can you determine it's species?!"

Wolfe: "It's a frog."

Jinharath: "It.. has horns? A toad?"

GIZMO-5: The clockwork owl just circles about, waiting for some opportunity. Otherwise, it just flies above at 25 feet.

Jinharath: "I am unfamiliar with species of toads."

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jonias:
Mage Hand
conjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 minute
A spectral, floating hand appears at a point you choose within range. The hand lasts for the duration or until you dismiss it as an action. The hand vanishes if it is ever more than 30 feet away from you or if you cast this spell again.

You can use your action to control the hand. You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet each time you use it.

The hand can't attack, activate magical items, or carry more than 10 pounds.
20   18
STEALTH (12)

Dr. Wicker: (1 )

Wolfe: Wolfe will FOCUS and he will move up and ready an action to attack when it's in range.
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   

Dr. Wicker: (Yeah but you cant do an OA if you do that ;P)

Euron: Euron speaks in Celestial, calling for the Blessing of Helm on The Watch!
He casts Bless upon Jinharath, Wolfe, and Jonias!
Bless
enchantment 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S, M (A sprinkling of holy water)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

Jonias: Seeing Jin move forward to call the creature's attention, Jonias slips norts, readying his spectral hand and hiding in the low shrubs.

Levinath (GM): Another frog LEAPS out of the water to the north and with a thunderous slam, lands next to Jonias.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 12 | 26
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.

Dr. Wicker: "CLEVER GIRL!"

Levinath (GM):
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 11 | 20
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 24 | 29
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 14 | 22
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Damage: 6 + 5slashing

Jonias:
Uncanny Dodge
Class: Reaction / Rogue / 5th Level

Levinath (GM): The frog swipes at Jonias with four large feet, grabbing him in a massive claw.

Euron: Euron speaks in Celestial, calling for Helm to aid the Watch! He points at the Bukavac and says A WORD!
Banishment
abjuration 4
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Target: One creature that you can see within range
Components: V, S, M (An item distasteful to the target)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
You attempt to send one creature that you can see within range to another plane of existence. The target must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or be banished. If the target is native to the plane of existence you’re on, you banish the target to a harmless demiplane. While there, the target is incapacitated. The target remains there until the spell ends, at which point the target reappears in the space it left or in the nearest unoccupied space if that space is occupied. If the target is native to a different plane of existence than the one you’re on, the target is banished with a faint popping noise, returning to its home plane. If the spell ends before 1 minute has passed, the target reappears in the space it left or in the nearest unoccupied space if that space is occupied. Otherwise, the target doesn’t return.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 5th level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 4th.

Levinath (GM):
Charisma
Bukavac
Ability: 21 | 12
"Ribbit!"

Euron: Euron blinks. "That usually works."

Levinath (GM): The other frog swims through the water quickly and LEAPS out towards the Doc!
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 10 | 13
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 13 | 22
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 25 | 16
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 12 | 22
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Damage: 11slashing

Levinath (GM): And it grabs the Doctor!

Wolfe: "What!?"

Dr. Wicker: "Thunderation!!"

Jinharath: "These are surprisingly agile giant toads!" Jin observes, watching in confusion as the frog goes overhead.

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor wriggles in its grasp and winks out of existence, only to do shunt into rreality behind Jonias.
Step of a Thousand Paces
transmutation 1
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Target: self
Components: M (Nomadic Step)
Duration: Instantaneous
If you haven't moved yet on your turn, you take a bonus action to teleport up to 20 feet per psi point spent to an unoccupied space you can see, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn.
( for 2 pts)

Levinath (GM): "Croak!" ("Thundernation!" in Frog)

Dr. Wicker:
27
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
17
Fire

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Levinath (GM): Frog does not like fire.

Dr. Wicker:

Jinharath: Jin follows after the fleeing toad, a cry rising as she attempts to stab it!
15   25
20
Shortsword (+9)
7
Piercing
27   11
20
Shortsword (+9)
8
Piercing
10   27
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
10   28
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
(-1 Ki)

Levinath (GM): The slime on the toad is very slippery.

Jinharath:
4
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark

Dr. Wicker: (oops)
Gizmo helps Jonias.
(helps with your check)

Jonias:
21   13
ACROBATICS (8)
17
ACROBATICS (8)

Dr. Wicker: The clockwork owl soars towards the elf and beams lights into the amphibian's eye, for that Epilepsy.

Wolfe: Wolfe takes advantage of the toad being distracted by his best-pal GIZMO-5, and focuses on the Wind and how it can enhance his movements.
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   

GIZMO-5: Then it flies back up 25 feet.

Wolfe:
24
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
28
Slashing
22
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
26
Slashing
13
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
15
slashing

Levinath (GM):
Croaking Blast
Bukavac
A bukavac can emit a howling, thunderclap that damages nearby creature within 15 feet who fail a DC 17 constitution saving throw. On a failed save each creature takes 31 thunder damage and is permanently deafened, on a successful save they only take half damage. A lesser restoration spell can cure this deafness.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc springs forward and slashes with his blade, cutting parts of the toad's slimy flesh off and then gets CROAAAAAAKED at.

Jinharath:
13   18
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

Wolfe:
21
CONSTITUTION SAVE (8)
Wolfe

Jinharath: Jin is staggered by the sudden eruption of noise from the beast. Her arms lift to cover her ears and she groans sharply in pain.

Dr. Wicker:
6
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)


Dr. Wicker: The doctor grabs the sides of her head with a scream as blood pours out of her ears.

Euron:
Lesser Restoration
abjuration 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
Euron moves forward, touches Jinharath, and cures of her Deafness!

Jinharath: Jin emerges from the realm of deafness to find Euron at her back. "AH! THANK YOU!" she says, realizing too late how loud she was.

Euron: "You're welcome! No let's end this thing!"

Levinath (GM): The toad turns to Jin as his first quarry is squirrely.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 15 | 27
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 17 | 26
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 28 | 12
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Damage: 14slashing
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 29 | 19
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 11 + 6slashing
It grabs Jin, lifting her off the ground and rakes her across the chest for 31 damage.

Jinharath: Distracted by thanking the priest, Jin takes a pair of toad claws to the chest and is hoisted off of her feet! She shouts and struggles against the reptilian cage

Dr. Wicker: Staggering to a knee, sloppy in her posture, she taps at the buttons on her coat with bloodcoated fingers. Again, a the pseudo-scientific garment disgorges a plethora of mechanical matter that forms into a Jetpack. THOOOM emits from her direction (she cant hear it!) and she takes off into the sky with a thunderous ignition.
Then she is heard yelling from above..." DIE GRITSUCKERS!!!!!"

Wolfe: Wolfe watches Cat zoom into the air, the mixture of technological power and her scream causes him to narrow his eyes some in focus.

Dr. Wicker:
Jetpack (Bestial Transformation)
transmutation 3
Casting Time: 1 bonus action.
Target: Self
Components: M (Bestial Form)
Duration: 1 hour
As a bonus action, you alter your physical form to gain different characteristics.

Flight You gain a flying speed equal to your walking speed.

5 psi points spent.

Dr. Wicker:
23
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
19
Fire
Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Jinharath: Jin attempts to draw blood while grappled!
10   23
20
Shortsword (+9)
11
Piercing
20   29
20
Shortsword (+9)
7 + 2
Piercing
4
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark
She then summons enough of Harath's help to vanish in a puff of smoke.
Misty Step, 1/day
conjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V
Duration: Instantaneous
Briefly surrounded by silvery mist, you teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space that you can see.

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Jonias:
10
ACROBATICS (8)

GIZMO-5: Gizmo helps Wolfe.

Jonias:
26   17
STEALTH (12)
23   28
(150/600)
Black Bladed Bow (+8)
13 + 2
Piercing
16
Sneak Attack Damage
13
Sneak Attack Damage

Levinath (GM): The frog loses an eye, but he is still going.

Wolfe: Wolfe once again becomes one with the Wind as Gizmo flies down with him and they do a C-C-COMBO attack on the toad he has pursued!
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   
18   13
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21
Slashing
19   14
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
28
Slashing

Jonias: Jonias holds steady in the tree, fading into it's shadow before firing a shot deep into the toad's eye.

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Bukavac
Attack: 27 | 23
Gore
Bukavac
Attack: 22 | 22
Damage: 26piercing
Damage: 20piercing

Euron: Euron raises the Watcher's Eye and calls out to Helm! "It is not their time! RESTORE THEM~"
Channel Divinity
Class: Cleric 2nd Level
As an action, you present your holy symbol and evoke healing energy that can restore a number of hit points equal to five times your cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can't use this feature on an undead or construct.

Dr. Wicker: 30/72

Jinharath: Once again, the cleric calls out, and Jin feels herself magically restored. She breathes a little easier, and prepares herself to re-enter the fray.

Levinath (GM):
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 27 | 17
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Claw
Bukavac
Attack: 16 | 10
The target is grappled (DC 15 to escape). A bukavac can grapple up to two medium creature.
Bite
Bukavac
Attack: 10 | 25

Dr. Wicker: ((How much hp?))

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 11slashing
Euron goes for a swim.

Wolfe: "Uhhh...."

Levinath (GM): The frog leaps into the air and back into the water.

Wolfe: "....Guys I think Euron can use some help!"

Dr. Wicker: ((They disappeared? ))

Wolfe: "I'll handle this one!"

Euron: ((Doc gets at least 5. I can't give you more than that, I don't think.))

Dr. Wicker: She flies 60 feet straight up...
Baleful Transposition
transmutation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120'
Target: One creature
Components: M (Nomadic Step)
As an action, choose one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. That creature must make a WIS saving throw DC17. On a failed save, you and that creature teleport, swapping places.

This ability fails and is wasted if either of you can't fit in the destination space.

5 psi points spent.

Levinath (GM):
Wisdom
Bukavac
Ability: 8 | 11

Dr. Wicker: 25
20
And prone

Jinharath: "NO!" Jin shouts, as the cleric is dragged into the water. She rushes after it, swords drawn. As she arrives, though, the massive toad is suddenly replaced by none other than the doctor. "What--?!" she blurts out, confused.

Dr. Wicker: "I"ll save you, Father Sand!"

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Bukavac
Ability: 6 | 11

Wolfe: Wolfe just slow-blinks. "What in the world....?"

Dr. Wicker: She spits out water.

Jinharath: The loud, vulgar SPLAT from across the way makes her turn, though. Spotting the dropped frog, she shakes her head and takes off towards it. "Such strange people we've fallen in with," she murmurs, as she goes.

Euron: Euron was being carried away toward the water. This was going to be a hard end. He was prepared to fight to the death to live...
...and then the frog was just gone.
"What--splurrbbb--what in Helm's name---retch-- What in has happened?!"

Jonias: Jonias laughs and gives the doctor a thumbs up, "I believe she just made it rain frogs."

Euron: He looks to the Doctor. "You never cease to amaze, Doctor. Thank you."

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Bukavac
Attack: 16 | 12

Jinharath:
20   10
20
Shortsword (+9)
9
Piercing
16   13
20
Shortsword (+9)
7
Piercing
25   25
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
29   22
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6 + 1
Bludgeoning
(-1 KI)
4
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark

Jinharath:
6
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark
6
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark
1
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark
1
Bludgeoning
Hunter's Mark

Dr. Wicker: Her form steams like dry ice from whatever netherspace she moved through for her bizarre feats.

Levinath (GM): [9+7+6+7+16+2]
47

Dr. Wicker: (dayum, she mad)

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

GIZMO-5: He swoops in and helps Wolfe in typical fashion because the two are BFFs.

Jonias:
23   12
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
13
Piercing
  7
Thunder
9
Sneak Attack Damage
9
Lightning
Lightning Damage (2d8)

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   
22   20
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
20
Slashing
21   12
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
26
Slashing
9   6
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
25
Slashing
13   12
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
24
Slashing

Levinath (GM): This toad has had it with Wolfe.
Bite
Bukavac
Attack: 21 | 15
Gore
Bukavac
Attack: 29 | 13
Damage: 18piercing
Damage: 13 + 27piercing

Jonias: Jonias tumbles out of the tree, drawing his lightning blade and stabbing into the side of the prone beast. Using his momentum, the elf springs back and waits for the thunder to discharge.

GIZMO-5: ((lol two 10s)

Dr. Wicker: "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" she says to Euron as he thanks her.
"THE WATER IS NOT SAFE, PLEASE EXIT."
She yells.

Euron:
10
Healing
Higher Level Cast
9
Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds

Wolfe: Wolfe coughs some blood after getting man-handled by Bukavac, but Euron's golden touch makes him feel a bit better.

Euron: Euron moves forward touches Wolfe's shoulder. "Not yet, friend!"

Levinath (GM):
Croaking Blast
Bukavac
A bukavac can emit a howling, thunderclap that damages nearby creatures within 15 feet who fail a DC 17 constitution saving throw. On a failed save each creature takes 51 thunder damage and is permanently deafened, on a successful save they only take half damage. A lesser restoration spell can cure this deafness.

Wolfe:
28
CONSTITUTION SAVE (8)
Wolfe

Jinharath:
15   18
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

Jonias:
7
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

Dr. Wicker: ((look at those dice on that roll!))

Jonias:
Uncanny Dodge
Class: Rogue/7th Level
When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.

Dr. Wicker: ((how hurt does it look?))
23
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
9
Fire

Levinath (GM): The frog takes the firebolt, but is somehow, still standing.

Wolfe:
Hero's Charge
Wolfe Other: Special Boon
You may expend your reaction and second wind to immediately move up to 1.5 times your movement to an ally who has fallen unconscious. Upon reaching the target you heal them with your second wind plus an additional 1d4 + 1 for each attack of opportunity you received while moving.

You may only use this boon once per long rest.
18

Dr. Wicker: "MISTER WOLFE!" she yells, shocked at the macabre scene.

Euron: "He's bloody insane." Euron breathed.

Dr. Wicker: Gizmo will Help Jin.

Wolfe: Wolfe charges forward, kicking the toad backward as he lands next to Jin and shakes her back to life. "GET UP, DAMN YOU."

Jinharath: The toad screams Jin to death! But not for long. Wolfe's heroics once again help lift her from near death. She comes up swinging!

Dr. Wicker: Cat is dead too.

Wolfe: He shouts it extra loud.

Dr. Wicker: DEAFD

Jinharath:
26   25
20
Shortsword (+9)
8
Piercing
16   27
20
Shortsword (+9)
11
Piercing
She slashes into the frog, but finds it unsatisfying how quickly it gives in to its wounds.
"THANK YOU FOR THE ASSISTANCE," she tells Wolfe

Jinharath: Jin then casts Lesser Restoration on herself, and on Wolfe.
"That was quite the ride," she sighed, prodding at her wounds with a bothered expression.

Jonias: Jonias initially shouted for the others, but upon seeing the others looking to be suffering from the same deafness as himself, the elf remained calm.

Euron: "That was madness." he said.
He waves Doctor Wicker over. He does the same for Jonias so that he can assist them as well.

Dr. Wicker: The doctor holds the sides of her head, the ringing driving her mad.

Euron: Euron will cast Lesser Restoration on both Doctor Wicker and Jonias.

Dr. Wicker: She staggers over after noticing.
End Session 51

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
Session 52

Nega-Doc: Darkness isn't your ally! After an attack in Neverwinter, a brief reunion and the injection of some new blood, The Watch is in the dark (literally) as they investigate the source of EVIL! On their way, they move through a town where they were beset on all sides by shadowy specters and corrosive-blooded monstrosities... The townsfolk, under some sleep curse were actually linked to the specters that The Watch attacked. Oh no! There were some casualties before they discovered this reality , and so they pressed on out of town wards what seems to be the source. Traveling deeper into the Stygian morass, they were met with more horrors, seemingly crafted from the Shadowfell itself...
Will the group tackle this tenebrous threat tonight? Are there more uber-toads™ hungry for priest flesh? Does the elfin rogue secretly want to murder more innocent villagers? We'll find out...

Jinharath: Jin rolls her shoulder, stretching the tender place where a claw or fang broke the flesh, and peers out into the dark, trying to make sense of the landscape.
14   21
PERCEPTION (7)

(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): Reminder from last session: you can see that a tree much larger than the surrounding wood. It rests on a small island at the center of the river. Thin green sap drips down the black bark and the branches seem to curl at your menacingly. The large wispy reeds that jut out of the river are likewise, covered in the thin green sap.

Jinharath:
10
HIT DICE (D10+2)
6
HIT DICE (D10+2)
12
HIT DICE (D10+2)
8
HIT DICE (D10+2)

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor suggest everyone back away from this area to recuperation then. Those uber-toads have massive range.

Jinharath:
12
HIT DICE (D10+2)
11
HIT DICE (D10+2)
9
HIT DICE (D10+2)

Levinath (GM):
4
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
13
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
6
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
6
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
12
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
8
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe

Levinath (GM):
12
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
61
6
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe
6
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe

Jinharath: Jin returns to the others and plops down to sit with a sigh, resting. She pulls some dry rations from her kit, and begins eating some.
"There is a tree there," she said between bites, pointing towards the small island in the middle of the lake. "--that looks corrupted, somehow. Green sap that looks strange."
10   18
NATURE (4)
"And I don't particularly like the way its branches are moving," she adds in a grumble, side eyeing in that direction.

Dr. Wicker:
5
HIT DICE (D10+2)
6
HIT DICE (D8+2)

Levinath (GM):
8
HIT DICE (D10+3)
Wolfe

Dr. Wicker:
9
HIT DICE (D8+2)

Levinath (GM):
8
HIT DICE (D8+2)

Dr. Wicker:
10
HIT DICE (D8+2)

Levinath (GM):
4
HIT DICE (D8+2)
6
HIT DICE (D8+2)
4
HIT DICE (D8+2)
3
HIT DICE (D8+2)
5
HIT DICE (D8+2)
4
HIT DICE (D8+2)

Levinath (GM):
3
HIT DICE (D8+2)
6
HIT DICE (D6+2)
8
HIT DICE (D6+2)
Gavin:
10
HIT DICE (D8+4)

Jinharath: When everyone seems too busy with their wounds to speak, Jin moves off to the side, folds her legs, and closes her eyes to meditate in order to aid her recovery.

Dr. Wicker: Her Jetpack (buff) fades during the rest.
She does thank Euron, though, for giving her the gift of hearing.

Euron: "You're welcome, Doctor. Just glad that you're alright." he said.
"So...we've more people ahead of us? Any idea if they're enemies or allies?"

Dr. Wicker: They are also both drenched, which is delightful!

Levinath (GM): The murky swamp water leaves them smelling great as they dry over the hour.

Jinharath: Jin answers without opening her eyes. "We should hope they are allies, though it seems unlikely. There were a great many of them to be foes."

Dr. Wicker: The Doctor retrieves some strange steampunk odds and ends as they discuss.
She offers Euron a blow dryer

Jinharath: Jin opens her eyes, and looks around herself, suddenly inspired.

Dr. Wicker: But it a steampunk, cumbersome kind and looks half disturbing, half wondrous!
"If this is a Shadowfell incursion, they could be... denizens of that plane..." hypothesizes the Doctor.

Jinharath: Jin nods at the doctor's suggestion, unhappy as it is. She pulls some small items from her kit, sets them up, and conducts a short ritual.
After ten minutes or so, while everyone's still recovering, Jin gets up and walks to the forest's edge. She gestures as though speaking, though it's likely hard to see who or what she's speaking to.

Dr. Wicker: "Or some kind of nest, where they are feeding off of the life force of unconscious citizens."

Euron: Euron accepts the dryer, but dislikes the smell of goat. He wishes that he had that handy Prestidissertation...no, that's not right. Prestio-digita...no, that's not right, either.
He will have to ask a spellcaster about that spell when he has a chance.
"If either of those is the case, they must be stopped. Is everyone in shape to keep moving?"

Dr. Wicker: "We don't have much choice."

Euron: "All right, then. I'm ready to move when everyone else is."

Jinharath: Jin is still absorbed in what appears to be a weird conversation with a tree.
She looks back towards the group, her expression a concerned one. "He says there are unnatural beasts among the humanoids to the north," she reports.

Dr. Wicker: While doing her best to look less "out of sorts" before proceeding, it isn't easy. Still, once there is movement onward, she moves to attention to join.

Jinharath: Jin digs a few berries out of her kit and offers them to her conversational partner, thanking him.

Levinath (GM): A bat swoops down and grabs a berry before flapping away.

Wolfe: Wolfe wakes up from his nap against a tree and blinks several times as he gets up with a start. He wipes at his face as a little drool had gotten into his beard.
"Bwha? We... uh... we good to go?"

GIZMO-5: The clockwork owl cants its head, watching the bat with ruby red wide eyes.

Jonias: "Ready and waiting" the elf replies checking over his quiver.

Jinharath: Jin rejoins the group. "The beasts travel the swamp, he says, but they emerge from the grouping to the north."

Dr. Wicker: "I thought normal wildlife was absent in this area"

Jinharath: "Bats will go almost anywhere."
"But even they are afraid of this gathering."

Wolfe: "So far nothing about this place has been 'normal', though."

Dr. Wicker: "The gigantic amphibians certainly did not look natural to me..."

Jinharath: "I suggest we proceed with stealth as best we can, until we know more about what we're up against."
21   26
STEALTH (9)

Jonias:
32
STEALTH (12)

Wolfe:
13
STEALTH (0)
Wolfe
Wolfe in his heavy plate armor clunk clunk clunks along.

Jinharath:
Pass Without Trace, 1/day
abjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Concentration Conc up to 1 hour
A veil of shadows and silence radiates from you, masking you and your companions from detection. For the duration, each creature you choose within 30 feet of you (including you) has a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can’t be tracked except by magical means. A creature that receives this bonus leaves behind no tracks or other traces of its passage.

Euron:
10   9
STEALTH (2)

Dr. Wicker: 10
9
STEALTH (3)
Stealth
GIZMO
Skill: 14

Levinath (GM): As you move further North into the darkness, the shroud seems to increase. The sounds of magical chanting echoes in the distance to the Northwest. To the Northeast, the sounds of a blacksmith's hammer ring constantly, laughter and the occasional curse break the steady thud of metal on metal. It is difficult to SEE anything as you more forward due to the unnatural darkness.

Dr. Wicker:
Focus: Mastery of Light/Dark
abjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components:
Now focused on Mastery of Light & Darkness: While focused on this discipline, natural and magical darkness within 30 feet of you has no effect on your vision.

Psychic Focus can be changed as a bonus action.

Jonias:
29
PERCEPTION (10)
Jonias is listening for directional cues. maybe it's too hard to see but north is is something and west is something etc

Wolfe: Wolfe accepts his blindness - albeit grudgingly. "Can't see a blasted thing in here."

Euron: "It's growing nearly impossible to see." Euron said.

Jonias:
17
ARCANA (8)

Wolfe: "Cat can see through this - just trust in what the 'ol Doc says."
The Samurai tries to sound cheerful, though the murk bothers him.

Levinath (GM): Cat can see 30 feet in front of her.

Jinharath: "Hold onto someone if you must," she whispers to the ones complaining about the darkness.

Jonias: Jonias points and gestures with his mage hand, made bright for others to see, "to the east are the camp sounds, but to the west, magic is being used. Spells of conjuration, summoning... I'd need to get closer to be sure."

Dr. Wicker: ░▒▓Telepathy with
Wolfe:▓▒░ « Not as far as I would like. Maybe everyone should form a marching order, hand on shoulder like military strike teams? »

Jinharath: Jin is drawn towards the chanting. "This way," she whispers.

Wolfe: "Which way?"
"Cat said we should form a marching order, maybe. Have us all close by - hand on eachother and all that."

Jinharath: Jin will comply with whatever arrangement the party wants, and then creep towards the northwest.

Levinath (GM): You can scarcely see in front of you, even with Cat's dark vision. (Everyone has half their normal visibility except Jonias.) The sounds of chanting echo in the area and those keen on magical powers and feel it rippling across their skin. What is visible is a soft green mist shrouds a massive diamond shaped structure that floats ominously on top of an elevated stone mound. The shadows of huge ancient structures comprised of stone as tall as an ancient wyrm form a circle around the crystal.
Thanks to Jin's magic, the group has thus far been undetected.

Jonias: Jonias as usual, disappeared ahead of the group, occasionally signaling with the mage hand

Akadi: "The energies near the portal have begun to coalesce. It should be opened any moment, continue channeling into the stone." A deep female voice echos around the stones.

Wolfe: Wolfe stops for a moment, seeming to feel an ominous forboding ahead of them. "Careful, all. Can toy.." He says as he hears the female voice in the distance. Frowning he slowly draws Shokan from its sheath and settles both hands on the grip.

Dr. Wicker:
15
ARCANA (9)
She tries to determine the nature of the chanting.

Jonias:
Invisibility
illusion 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: A creature you touch
Components: V, S, M (An eyelash encased in gum arabic)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 hour
A creature you touch becomes invisible until the spell ends. Anything the target is wearing or carrying is invisible as long as it is on the target’s person. The spell ends for a target that attacks or casts a spell.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 2nd.
Jonias winks out of sight

Dr. Wicker: She whispers... "Some manner of transmutation."

Jonias: no one can that's the point

Levinath (GM): Five spellcasters channel energy into the massive stone as a large woman clad in pitch black plate mail monitors the situation.

Jinharath: "We have to stop them," she whispers to her fellows. "This may be the source of the corruption."

Jonias: Jonias walks slowly around the pillars, noting the cultists and their leader before returning to the others. The elf returned but did not make himself visible before explaining that 5 cultists and their leader are ahead surrounding the pillar.

Euron: "I may be able to disrupt their casting with a Silence spell. But it would make any other spells problematic in that area."

Dr. Wicker: "That would not hinder me all too much..."

Wolfe: "Sounds like an idea. Everyone get ready for a fight."

Jinharath: "It would interrupt them. If we are attacking en masse, that's as good an introduction as any."

Jonias: "Just let me know where you plan on placing your anti-magic field and i will stay out of it."

Jinharath: Jin casts Blur on herself,and creeps around the ring while Euron prepares.

Euron: "Very well. I'm going to drop it on their diamond-shaped...thing..."

Levinath (GM): Those who have been around for a while, will recognize the diamond shaped thing. The biggest Mythal you have seen yet.

Euron:
Silence
illusion 2 (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 ft
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration Up to 10 minutes
For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Wolfe... Do you want the a PEKCER?" she whispers to the Samurai, holding up the Haste tazer.

Wolfe: "Uhh... man it's been a while."
He takes a deep breath, as if anticipating something. "Alright hit me."

Dr. Wicker: "Since you've had the PEKCER?"

Wolfe: "...Cat.." Wolfe looks at the doctor oddly in the dark. "We gotta talk about your device names and their euphemisms."

Levinath (GM): The chanting stops.

Dr. Wicker:
Haste
transmutation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S, M (A shaving of licorice root)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
Choose a willing creature that you can see within range. Until the spell ends, the target's speed is doubled, it gains a +2 bonus to AC, it has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action on each of its turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action.

When the spell ends, the target can't move or take actions until after its next turn, as a wave of lethargy sweeps over it.

Akadi: "What are you idiots doing? Why did you stop?"

Wolfe: Wolfe vibrates.

Jinharath: Once the chanting stops, Jin advances on the nearest cultist.
And attacks.

Euron: Euron concentrates, whispering in Celestial before cutting his hand through the air in a single, sharp motion. The sound stops.
He draws his mace.
GroupInit:
Doctor Wicker
6
Euron Sand
14
Jonias
17
Jinharath
6
Wolfe
16
GIZMO-5
15

Dr. Wicker: She doesnt seem to follow what he means, but prods the stout man in the spine with the tazer!

Jonias: With the sound gone, Jonias continues cirle the site

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Wolfe: The Half-Orc jumps as he is tazed letting out an ARRRGH as he is powered up.

Jonias: Jonias moves around towards the leader. keeping distance between himself and the party, waiting for the trap to be sprung.
end turn

Akadi: Her eyes narrow and she notices movement. "We are under attack!"

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
14
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
16
slashing
18
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18
slashing
15
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
17
slashing

Akadi: Wolfe connects on one attack. Though surprised, the spellcaster seems to have some magical defense.

Wolfe: Wolfe charges forward vibrating as he buzzes forward, tazzed into superspeed, and delivers a trio of quick slashes at the nearest cultist as he engages them. Whatever he has to say is lost in the darkness and silence spell.

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Levinath (GM): The other spell casters seem surprised by Wolfe's appearance even though the paladin just warned them.

Dr. Wicker:
Help (Action) - Diversion Protocol #11
GIZMO
Aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. Feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally’s Attack more effective.
If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first Attack roll is made with advantage.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: Euron moves forward to back up the others and get a better view of the battlefield...from behind cover.

GIZMO-5: (( Are those casters concentrating on stuff? Do they have to make saves when hit? or is that thing SELF SUSTAINING :O! ))

Euron:
DC12
Dexterity Save
12
Radiant
60 ft
Sacred Flame

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Dark Cultist
Ability: 12 | 14

GIZMO-5: ((yeah that bothers me lol))

Levinath (GM): Cultist ass on fire!

Turn   

Levinath (GM): The cultist catches on quickly to Euron's trickery and falls back from the area. He begins casting another spell.

Turn   

Levinath (GM): The cultist Wolfe attacks draws a shadow sheathed scimitar and swings it at him.
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 12 | 13
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 24 | 19
Damage: 10slashing + 2necrotic
Then the fool moves away!

Wolfe:
24
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18
slashing

Levinath (GM): Wolfe leaves him bloody for the effort.

Turn   

Levinath (GM): The cultist appears from the silence field yelling "Ahhhhhhhh!" He stops as soon as he can hear again and joins his buddy.

Turn   

Levinath (GM): A group cultist joins the party in the back.
third*

It is Akadi's turn   

Akadi: "Summon Arachioc and be done with these fools." Black clouds envelope the woman and she disappears from sight.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jonias:
18
PERCEPTION (10)

Jinharath: Frustrated at what foul savagery these cultists seem to have wreaked on the land and its inhabitants, Jin locks eyes on the apparent leader and rockets across the field towards her, swords drawn. The woman vanishes in a puff of smoke and Jin pauses, her curses swallowed by Euron's silence spell. EVEN MOAR frustrated now, she turns to the nearest cultist.
26   14
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
13
Piercing
+4
26   13
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
15
Piercing

Dr. Wicker: (she mad!)

Jinharath:
Underdark Scout
Class: Deep Stalker 3
• On your first turn during combat, you gain a +10 bonus to your speed, and if you use the Attack action, you can make one addition attack.

• Creatures that rely on darkvision gain no benefit from it when trying to detect you in dark or dim conditions. Additionally, when you are Hidden, such creatures gain no benefit from darkvision.

Dr. Wicker: (if you have enough movement)

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Jinharath: Jin cuts the bloke down in short order, and spins to search for the nearest next target.
19   11
PERCEPTION (7)

Jinharath 's turn has ended!


Dr. Wicker:
DC17
Intelligence Save
Add +2 damage if focused on Psychic Assault.
17
psychic
Mind Thrust

Akadi:
Intelligence
Dark Cultist
Ability: 13 | 14

Dr. Wicker: 19

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Akadi: The cultist clutches his head and lets out a silent scream.

It is Cultist's turn   

Akadi: He turns and shots some lighting at Euron.
Lightning Bolt
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (100-foot line)
Target: Self (100-foot line)
Components: V, S, M (A bit of fur and a rod of amber, crystal, or glass)
Duration: Instantaneous
A stroke of lightning forming a line 100 feet long and 5 feet wide blasts out from you in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The lightning ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot above 3rd.

Dr. Wicker:
Counterspell
abjuration 3
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you see a creature within 60 feet of you casting a spell
Range: 60 ft
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous
You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell. If the creature is casting a spell of 3rd level or lower, its spell fails and has no effect. If it is casting a spell of 4th level or higher, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell's level. On a success, the creature's spell fails and has no effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the interrupted spell has no effect if its level is less than or equal to the level of the spell slot you used.
"Father Sand, look out!"

Levinath (GM): The cultist grabs at his throat. Poor guy can't get in a word.
Round 2

Turn   

Euron: "Thank you, Doctor!"

Dr. Wicker: She leverages some magnetic power in her fist and force chokes the dude for a second.

Levinath (GM): The three cultists next to Jonias are surrounded by a shield of swirling black and orange energies.

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jonias: ((I know))
Dodge Action

Jinharath: "What is that?" she calls, eyeing the strange shield

Jonias: With the leader gone, and the cultists enveloped in magic, Jonias pops back and waits for an opening.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Wolfe! We have one here!"
"Oh he cannot hear me."

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 5 temporary HP.   

Dr. Wicker: "We'll have to dispatch him ourselves, Father Sand."

Wolfe:
22   30
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
18 + 12
slashing
14
Orcish Fury Crit Damage
Wolfe

Levinath (GM): Wolf's sword sinks into the shield briefly and the energy flickers for a moment before his blade is released.

Wolfe: Wolfe charges after the fleeing Cultist, taking a sharp turn once he notices some strange magical shield. He swings once with a mighty two-handed blow against the defended cultist.

Dr. Wicker: (But did you do a 17 damage headache tho... -_-)

Levinath (GM): The cultist glaces to Wolfe nervously.

Wolfe:
15
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
25
Slashing
8
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
23
Slashing
16   25
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
22 + 6
Slashing
17   15
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
22
Slashing

Levinath (GM): The shield visibly flickers in and out for a few moments before failing.

Wolfe: Wolfe unleashes a flurry of attacks against the shielded cultist - a windstorm of Half-Orc bladed precision. He says something, but it's lost in silence.

Wolfe: Action Surge
15   22
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
26
Slashing
25   24
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21 + 5
Slashing
16   25
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21 + 6
Slashing

Levinath (GM): 177

It is GIZMO-5's turn   

Wolfe: Wolfe obliterates the shield in a surge of bladed assault. After he cuts one cultist in half he takes off two arms of the second cultist and then beheads him before moving to the other two cultists. "Surrender." he says incredibly quickly and high-pitched, like he'd swallowed a balloon full of Helium. "Orjoin yourcomradeindeath."

GIZMO-5: Gizmo swoops by and fires neon paint pellets at the Cultist to aid Euron in his next attack roll!
Help (Action) - Diversion Protocol #11
GIZMO
Aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. Feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally’s Attack more effective.
If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first Attack roll is made with advantage.

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: Euron charges forward, mace held high, and swings at the Cultist!
10   8
5 Feet
Lightbringer (+7)
7
Bludgeoning
  7
Radiant
 
It is Cultist's turn   

Levinath (GM): The cultists continue their spells

GIZMO-5: Gizmo warbles sadly and feels responsible!

It is Cultist's turn   

Euron: And he misses. Spectacularly.

Dr. Wicker: "AH!"

Levinath (GM): The black paladin appears behind Euron as he swings at the cultist. "Death to the Watcher!"

Dr. Wicker: "Look out!"

Levinath (GM): She pulls an evil looking great sword from her back.
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 23 | 25
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 2bludgeoning
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 19 | 20
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 30 | 16

Euron:
18   9
STRENGTH SAVE (2)

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 13 + 5bludgeoning
Damage: 14bludgeoning
Then she disappears again.

Euron: Euron is caught by surprise as several of the vicious strikes tear into him!
"ARRRGH!"
24   10
PERCEPTION (5)

Dr. Wicker:
19
PERCEPTION (6)

Jonias: ((Why this girl gotta steal my show?))

Jinharath: While Wolfe was deaf to the Doctor's summons earlier, Jinharath was not. Seeing that the half-orc has the group of cultists in hand, Jin dashes across the field to aid the others and once there, swings at a cultist.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath:
23   13
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
13
Piercing
18   16
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14
Piercing

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Jinharath:
16   24
PERCEPTION (7)

Dr. Wicker: She brings her hands up into the air and ionizes the air in a tremendous pillar of magnetic power that lands down on Akadi.
Psychic Crush (7 psi). As an action, you create a 20-foot cube of psychic energy within 120 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 37 psychic damage and is stunned until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a target takes half as much damage.
DC 17
Int

Levinath (GM):
Intelligence
Akadi
Ability: 13 | 12

Dr. Wicker: (( A stunned creature is incapacitated, can't move, and can speak only falteringly.
The creature automatically fails Strength and Dexterity saving throws.
Attack rolls against the creature have advantage.))

It is Cultist's turn   

Dr. Wicker: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHH!!!!!" she yells in echoing fury, the light behind her glasses cracking the lenses some in spiderweb like fashion.

Levinath (GM): The cultist swings at Euron, following suit of its master.
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 15 | 21
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 21 | 28
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 12 | 11

Dr. Wicker:

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 11slashing + 5necrotic
Round 3

Turn   

Levinath (GM): The cultists near Wolfe crumple. The magical energies around the mythal fade and only a small amount of light remains on the black stone.

Wolfe: Wolfe frowns as he looks down at the now deceased(?) cultists, but only long enough before a shadowy figure appears and assaults him!

Levinath (GM):
Initiative
Shadow Dragon
Initiative: 12

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Wolfe: Wolfe looks up at the sound of Cat's scream of rage? Pain? But his focus turns instead to the massive shadow thing that's swarming around him.

Jonias:
18   12
(150/600)
Black Bladed Bow (+8)
11
Piercing

Euron:
10   16
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
15   11
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
19   18
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

Jonias:
Bladesong
Class: Wizard/2
Twice per short rest, you can use a bonus action to start a Bladesong, which lasts for 1 minute and grants you the following benefits:

You gain a +4 bonus to your AC, your walking speed increases by 10 ft., you have advantage on Acrobatics checks, and you gain a +4 bonus to any CON saving throw you make to maintain your concentration on a spell.

It ends early if you are incapacitated, if you don medium or heavy armor or a shield, or if you use two hands to make an attack with a weapon. You can also dismiss the Bladesong at any time you choose (no action required).

Euron:
17   10
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
23   19
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
24   8
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe: Wolfe's kinda shadowy, r-right? He's never met a thing he can't slash to death yet. So he tries to add Shadow-Dragon-thing-y to his list.
16
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
17
slashing
23
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
11
slashing
18
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
13
slashing
17

Levinath (GM): Wolfe finds purchase on one attack.

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: His blade strikes true once, but he can tell it's made of some resilient stuff.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Levinath (GM):
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 30 | 28

Jonias: Jonias appears next to a pillar firing a shot to fell the last of the standing cultists. As he transformed his bow into blade both the elf and magic steel began to hum.

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 15bludgeoning
The dragon's tail smacks Wolfe back.

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron:
16
Healing
Higher Level Cast
11
Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds

It is Shadow Dragon's turn   
Dungeon Lord

Euron: Euron takes a moment to heal himself, then steps backward.

Levinath (GM): The dragon lets out a roar that chills your very soul before attacking Wolfe.
Frightful Presence
Shadow Dragon
Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.

Jinharath:
13   13
WISDOM SAVE (7)

Dr. Wicker:
9
WISDOM SAVE (6)

Wolfe:
18
WISDOM SAVE (6)
Wolfe

Dr. Wicker: (A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight.
The creature can't willingly move closer to the source of its fear.)

Euron:
20   11
WISDOM SAVE (9)

Jonias:
9
WISDOM SAVE (2)

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 20 | 13
Claw
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 28 | 21

Levinath (GM):
Claw
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 22 | 18
Damage: 13slashing
Damage: 15slashing

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy
It is Akadi's turn   

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Dr. Wicker:
Radiant Beam
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60'
Target: One creature
Components: M (Mastery of Light/Dark)
Duration: Concentration 1 minute
As an action, you project a beam of light at one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a DEX saving throw DC17. On a failed save, it takes 23 radiant damage and is blinded until your concentration ends. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

A blinded target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

You can increase this effect's damage by 1d6 per each additional psi point spent on it.

Doctor Wicker ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: The eerie presence of the new beast on the field unnerves Jin to her core. She's not sad at all to have another target arresting her attention at the moment.
24   25
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
12
Piercing
26   23
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14
Piercing
18   22
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
22   20
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
((-1 Ki))
Round 4

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Dr. Wicker: The night blooms as blazing white beams lance from the doctor's eyes into the stunned Akadi.

Jinharath:
23   13
WISDOM SAVE (7)

Akadi: "Ahhhhh! I am going to gut you!" She screams as she holds her eyes.

Jonias:
18   25
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
11
Piercing
  8
Thunder
3
Thunder
Blade of Focused Energy
16
Sneak Attack Damage

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe: Wolfe had gotten hit pretty solidly by the Shadow Dragon, but he's just a little bruised, not (yet) in serious danger. He takes a deep, focusing breath, then leaps into the air. As he does, lightning races along his blade. "HASAKIIIIIII"
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   
20   21
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
23
Slashing
23   19
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
23
Slashing
21   12
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
27
Slashing

Akadi: All three of Wolfe's attacks hit.

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Akadi:
Tail Attack
Shadow Dragon
The dragon makes a tail attack.
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 28 | 26
Damage: 13bludgeoning

Dr. Wicker:
Help (Action) - Diversion Protocol #11
GIZMO
Aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. Feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally’s Attack more effective.
If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first Attack roll is made with advantage.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Dr. Wicker: (free)

Euron:
Hold Person
enchantment 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 ft
Components: V, S, M (A small, straight piece of iron)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
Choose a humanoid that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target on additional humanoid for each slot level above 2nd. The humanoids must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Akadi:
Wisdom
Akadi
Ability: 18 | 20

It is Shadow Dragon's turn   
Dungeon Lord

Levinath (GM): The dragon looses a black ball of something that flies towards the group.
Stygian Breath (Recharge 5-6)
Shadow Dragon
The dragon exhales a black cloud of mist up to 60-foot away. It settles in a 20 foot radius. Each creature in that area must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw, taking 54 (12d8) cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. All non-magical light within the area is snuffed out, along with all magical light of first level or lower.
65

Jinharath:
21   10
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

Euron:
23   20
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

Levinath (GM): 32 damage for Euron and Jin

Dr. Wicker:
14
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)
+4
14
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)

It is Akadi's turn   

Levinath (GM): Akadi's eyes clear and she growls.
She hefts her sword at Jihn and swings her plated boot towards her.
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 26 | 22
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 2bludgeoning

Jinharath:
5   19
STRENGTH SAVE (3)
Jin fall down.

Levinath (GM): As Jin falls, so does the massive sword.
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 20 | 11
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 12 | 27
Damage: 13bludgeoning
Damage: 17bludgeoning
11

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Dr. Wicker:
Focus: Mastery of Ice
abjuration cantrip
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components:
Now focused on Mastery of Ice: While focused on this discipline, you have resistance to cold damage.

Psychic Focus can be changed as a bonus action.
21
WISDOM SAVE (6)
Radiant Beam
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60'
Target: One creature
Components: M (Mastery of Light/Dark)
Duration: Concentration 1 minute
As an action, you project a beam of light at one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a DEX saving throw DC17. On a failed save, it takes 22 radiant damage and is blinded until your concentration ends. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

A blinded target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

You can increase this effect's damage by 1d6 per each additional psi point spent on it.

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Shadow Dragon
Ability: 17 | 20

Dr. Wicker: (is this cover?)

Levinath (GM):
Wing Attack (Costs 2 Actions)
Shadow Dragon
The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 10 ft. of the dragon must succeed on a DC 19 Dexterity saving throw or take 13 (2d6 + 6) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.

Wolfe:
4   16
DEXTERITY SAVE (1)
Wolfe

Levinath (GM): 8

Wolfe: Wolfe goes flying through the air. "AHHHHHH!!!!!!" as he crashes into the ground prone.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Levinath (GM): The dragon flaps its wings and descends on the rest of the watch.

GIZMO-5:
Dexterity
GIZMO
Ability: 20

Jinharath: A plated boot comes out of the darkness and knocks Jin off her feet. The sword that follows leaves her coughing a bit of blood, but she forces herself back to her feet and swings at the paladin, momentarily unaware of the darkness encroaching from behind.

GIZMO-5: Gizmo loop the loops on the wind. Watch him soar.

Jinharath:
22   27
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14
Piercing
11   14
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14
Piercing

Jonias: ((I'm getting sleepy))

Levinath (GM): She parries the second attack, but the first cuts her across the mid section.

Jinharath:
10   24
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
26   11
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
Round 5

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jonias:
18
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
10
Piercing
  9
Thunder
2
Thunder
Blade of Focused Energy
16
Sneak Attack Damage
It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Akadi
Ability: 21 | 15
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 26 | 27
Damage: 17bludgeoning
2

Jinharath: Out of nowhere, a shadowy tail cuts open Jin's back!

Wolfe:
18
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
19
slashing
29
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
10
slashing
14
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
17
slashing

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Wolfe kip-ups and then rushes after the dragon at near-hyperspeed, delivering three quick blades. Physics is a bit stronger than his body though so only one finds purchase as he swings a bit wildly at the dragon.

GIZMO-5: Gizmo flies and dashes away.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: Euron focuses his magic and casts...
15
Healing
60 Feet
Mass Cure Wounds

It is Shadow Dragon's turn   
Dungeon Lord

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 16 | 21
Claw
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 14 | 17
Claw
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 24 | 29
Damage: 14slashing

It is Akadi's turn   

Levinath (GM): "Argggh." She growls as the dragon descends on the group, clutching her side. She steps behind the pillar, letting out a massive "BOOM!" and disappears into the darkness. "You will pay for this."
14

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Jonias:
4
Lightning
Lightning Damage (2d8)

Levinath (GM):
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 14 | 19

Dr. Wicker:
Radiant Beam
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60'
Target: One creature
Components: M (Mastery of Light/Dark)
Duration: Concentration 1 minute
As an action, you project a beam of light at one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make a DEX saving throw DC17. On a failed save, it takes 29 radiant damage and is blinded until your concentration ends. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

A blinded target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.

You can increase this effect's damage by 1d6 per each additional psi point spent on it.

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Shadow Dragon
Ability: 19 | 6

Dr. Wicker: ((no.. its the only radiant damage I have))

Levinath (GM): The dragon lets out a roar of pain.

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Dr. Wicker: A sputtering lancing of light lines through the from the doctor's eyes.
She then takes cover again.

Levinath (GM):
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 28 | 14
Damage: 15bludgeoning

Jinharath: The ranger quick-steps over the swiping tail and claws of the dragon, but takes enough nicks and slashes to keep her from gaining solid footing. She lurches away and summons a healing spirit to aid her.

Levinath (GM):
Bite
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 14 | 13

Jinharath:
Healing Spirit
conjuration 2
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 60feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration Conc up to 1 min
You call an intangible spirit to a cubic 5-foot space you can see. Until the spell ends, when you or a creature you can see moves into the spirit's space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature, no action required. The spirit can't heal constructs or undead.

As a bonus action, you can move the spirit up to 30 feet to a space you can see.

At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.
Round 6

It is Jonias's turn   
Mike

Jinharath: rolling 1d6
(4)= 4

Jonias:
12
5 ft.
Booming Blade (Blade of Focused Energy)) (+9)
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and it becomes sheathed in booming energy until the start of your next turn. If the target willingly moves before then, it immediately takes 2d8 thunder damage, and the spell ends.
7
Piercing
  7
Thunder

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
13
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
11
slashing

Levinath (GM):
Tail
Shadow Dragon
Attack: 21 | 23
Damage: 13bludgeoning

Wolfe:
28
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
17
slashing
29
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
10
slashing

Wolfe: Wolfe runs up along the dragon's back and then leaps into the air. "ASOGYAKUUUUU!!!!!" And as he comes down his blades cuts across the back of the shadow dragon's head, sending it flying through the air and covering Jonias and Euron in shadowstuff that fades in just a few seconds.

Dr. Wicker: Catriona pries off her cracked glasses, irises still sputtering with illumination as her well of internal energy runs low.

Levinath (GM): The dragon fades into the darkness with not a sound.

Jinharath: When the dragon dissipates, Jin drops to her knees, holding her side as she pants.

Wolfe: Wolfe, still buzzing and seeming to have a soft glow, lifts his blade up into the air, triumphant. "YEAHHHH!!!!"

Dr. Wicker: Doctor ambles over and helps Jinharath up.

Jonias: Jonias sets himself down on the rock next to him. tired from the day's activities.

Dr. Wicker: "Botheration! Be on guard for that blackguard lady..."

Euron: Euron breathes a deep sigh of relief as the shadow dragon disappears. When Jin collapses, he'll move to Jin and assist her.

Dr. Wicker: Passing through Jin's healing spirit (if its still up?) Cat delightfully receives 3 health?

Jinharath: Jin looks tired and unenthused about standing, but takes the doctor's offered hand up nonetheless.
"You have quite the surprising range of skills," she observes, eyeing the flickering eyes of the other woman a little skeptically. "Very effective."
End Session 52

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2019, 11:18:05 AM »
Session 53

Levinath (GM): The cultists have been foiled! Or have they? It seems the darkness still covers the land, though The Watch has secured the Mythal that was being used to channel conjuration energies. As the group paused for a moment to catch their breath, their rouge grew continually shrouded in the swirling mists of shadow. He sat quietly off to the side of the group, sometime mid way through the rest, he lay down and before the other's eyes, dispersed into the darkness. Gone.

Euron: "Jonias?!"
Euron can't believe that their friend has simply vanished into the ether.

Wolfe: Wolfe had been zoning out some after they had settled down to rest. He was focused elsewhere and then heard Euron's frantic cry. Leaping to his feet he draws his sword, only to see that the enemy was not one that could be struck down. "What happened!?"

Jinharath: Jinharath opened her eyes, eyes lit with a strange, pale glow for a beat before returning to normal. Her meditative trance cut short, she looks for the cause of the ruckus. Seeing Wolfe with his sword drawn, she stands.
"Is there trouble?" she asked, looking about.

Dr. Wicker: "That isn't normal..."

Euron: Euron stepped forward, looking for the Elf. He couldn't find him."He was just here."

Wolfe: Wolfe searches for the Elf with focused vision, trying to discern his location.
26
PERCEPTION (6)
Wolfe

Jinharath: Jinharath moves over to where the cleric and the others were gathered and frowned at the empty space left by the missing elf. "He left?" she asked, confused.

Euron: "No, he just...vanished."

Dr. Wicker: "This could be the end conclusion to the strange shadow affliction."

Levinath (GM): Wolfe is able to see where his body lay just a moment ago, no signs of it moving anywhere.

Wolfe: The Samurai snarls in dismay and frustrated anger. "What is going on, here?"
"How are we supposed to fight this?!"

Jinharath: "That... is... worrisome..." Jinharath slowly acknowledges, looking down at her own en-shadowed flesh, then the others.
"It seems we should move with more urgency," she said, looking towards the mythal. "Were you able to gather any useful information from the stone?" she asked the doctor.

Euron: Euron can barely believe what he just saw. How could this happen?

Dr. Wicker: ((Do Jin and Wolfe still have the shadow taint stuff?))
"Do you two feel as if the infection is worsening?" she asked, looking from Wolfe to Jinharath.

Wolfe: "The same thing could happen to us!"

Levinath (GM): (Wolfe and Jin are still slightly transparent.)

Wolfe: "...No, I don't feel any worse, or different, really. Just.." He lifted his hand up for inspection. "A bit translucent."

Jinharath: "I feel no worse," Jin agreed. "But the elf was the first one to become infected, was he not?"

Dr. Wicker: "Yes... his case was more severe on the onset."

Euron: "I didn't realize that his case was so far advanced."

Dr. Wicker: "Elvish constitution... they are already close to the Feywild as is..."

Wolfe: "You think there's some sort of connection there already?"

Dr. Wicker: "I haven't discovered anything beyond um.. what I said before." she reports to Jinharath. "But this new development likely should hasten our putting an end to this."

Levinath (GM): Through the eight hours, the mythal has remained the same as the post battle. The soft glow of green energy at its core continues to pulse. The W.E.E.N.I.S. continued to show the same steady from of energies from the North and bidirectional flow from the swamp to the South where the party had initially come.

Jinharath: Jiharath nodded. "The numbers of the population I mentioned earlier have not changed. They do seem to be clustered more strongly together in that direction now than they were before, though," she said, gesturing to the north.
She looked back to the others. "Should we attempt to break this stone before moving on, or investigate the north first? If it is powering whatever force we will find there..." she shrugged, uncertain.

Wolfe: Wolfe will approach the stone and draw Shokan as he moves. "I think the answer's clear."

Jinharath: Jinharath draws a breath and steps back, some. "Be careful..."

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Wolfe, given your condition, should you be taking such risks?"

Wolfe: "If not me, then who?" He asks, but it's kind of a rhetorical question. He doesn't give time to answer as he draws his blade high and then brings it down at the stone to attempt to cut it in twain.

Levinath (GM): The blade bounces off the hard crystal, chipping off a sizable shard with the first swing.

Euron: Euron's eyes drift once more toward the spot where Jonias vanished from.
He stepped forward, drawing Lightbringer, and brought it down on the Mythal!

Levinath (GM): The power of Lightbringer flashes, the crystal absorbing the power in the hammer for a brief moment before it begins to crack and split. Giant shards of the crystal begin to fall off it's floating core. As it crumbles, the green energies within release and disappear into the darkness overhead. The sky lightens, the very dull outline of a full moon showing overhead.

Jinharath: Jin's demeanor lightens as the sky does. She smiles broadly at Wolfe and Euron. "Well done!"

Wolfe: Wolfe takes a step back, his eyes widening in an obvious moment of surprise. Turning to regard Euron, he nods, impressed. "Nice job, Father."

Euron: Euron nods. "And you, my friend. I will see you cured of this affliction. You have my word on that.
Same to you, Jinharath." Euron said.
"But I can't help thinking that there may be another of these things laying in wait for us."

Jinharath: Jin's smile turned lopsided, a little. "Hopefully we'll find another cure besides your mace."

Dr. Wicker: The bespectacled doctor takes some readings over the shattered mythal to make sure it has become inert here.

Jinharath: "To the north, then?" she asks the party.

Wolfe: Wolfe slowly puts his sword away and gives a soft nod of agreement to Euron's words. "And maybe more of that woman in dark armor. She seemed to know you, Euron. Is there something you're not telling us?"

Jinharath: Jin paused at that, having missed the connection between the cleric and the strange woman.

Dr. Wicker: "It sounded like she hated Helm to me."
"This is confirmed inactive, by the way." she remarks closing up the WEENIS.

Wolfe: "The fact it's broken into a bunch of pieces seems clear."

Dr. Wicker: "Structural failure does not always indicate nonfunctionality."

Euron: "I'm a disciple of Helm. She may have recognized that from my symbol. Agents of evil hate Helm." Euron said.
"But we'll stop her and end this madness."
"I suggest that we head North."

Wolfe: Wolfe lifts a finger up to scratch at an old scar. "We've met plenty of Agents of Evil in the past, Euron - a bunch of these shadow-guys seem to have a real hard on for you."

Dr. Wicker: "Mister Wolfe, its strikes me as an..um... matter of opposites."

Euron: "Then if they do, we'll find out why together."

Dr. Wicker: "Shadow beings despise light."

Euron: Euron nods at the Doctor. "Indeed."

Wolfe: Wolfe seems confused.
"This is gonna make me sound dumb, but..."
"Are Helm and Lathander the same god?"
"I.. uh... never paid much attention to that sort of thing."

Dr. Wicker: "I think this discussion can.. um.. take place in transit?"

Wolfe: "Yeah, you're right." The Half-Orc nods and gestures north. "Jin, can you take point? You seem to be pretty good at being the scout."

Euron: "No, Wolfe, they aren't. But I'll explain in detail soon. Over ale, if you're up for it." Euron said.

Jinharath: Jinharath listened, but had little experience with the gods of the present realm and had little to offer the conversation. Wolfe's suggestion frees her from having to follow along and she nods at him. "Gladly."

Wolfe: "Ugh. A drink sounds real nice."

Jinharath: And then she heads north.
18   10
STEALTH (9)
12   16
ARCANA (0)

(From Levinath): Jin is easily able to find a way to hide between the trees and other items in the darkness. Soon she is able to see the soft glow and magical energies to the North. She can sense a large number of humanoids in the area surrounding the magical source. Approaching closer she sees a single arch with a massive swirling black and green mass of energy inside it. As she watches, a shadow monster appears through the swirling magic.

(To RakFu): Telepathy with
Wolfe: Jin is easily able to find a way to hide between the trees and other items in the darkness. Soon she is able to see the soft glow and magical energies to the North. She can sense a large number of humanoids in the area surrounding the magical source. Approaching closer she sees a single arch with a massive swirling black and green mass of energy inside it. As she watches, a shadow monster appears through the swirling magic.

Jinharath: Jin relays the information back to wolfe, and holds her position to watch for the moment. She looks for signs of the woman in black from earlier.

Levinath (GM): Jin can see her standing right next to the portal. She too, looks healthier than when she disappeared.

Euron: Euron hangs his mace back on his belt and keeps his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Wolfe: Wolfe gestures for the others to slow down, whispering quietly. "Jin says there's a bunch of people closer by -a big black and green portal, and a giant shadow monsters."

Jinharath: Jin adds to her communication to
Wolfe: //The cleric's enemy is here as well, and looks healed.//

Wolfe: "Your girlfriend is here, too, Euron."

Levinath (GM): 18 hooded figures and Euron's girlfriend.

Euron: Euron slows down, but makes a face when Wolfe refers to the female.
"I have never had dinner with that woman."

Wolfe: Wolfe barely contains a laugh, instead it comes out as a snort that makes him hold a hand to his mouth.

Levinath (GM): The figures are set in a perimeter, clearly waiting on your assault. They look around into the darkness, occasionally seeming to lay their eyes directly on you, but then move on.

Jinharath: Jin creeps back to where the party is waiting.
"They appear to be on alert," she says from beside Wolfe.

Wolfe: Wolfe jumps up and nearly freaks out. "Hey, hey that's not nice!"
"Don't do that garbage to an old man."

Jinharath: Jin frowns, confused. "I just saw you cut down giant toads and evil cultists. You feign fragility now?"

Euron: Euron also nearly jumps, but narrowly avoids it.

Jinharath: "It is good practice to keep one's guard up," she says, dismissing the matter.

Wolfe: "It's different."

Jinharath: "We need a plan of attack. There are too many to assault from an expected angle."

Wolfe: "Any ideas?"

Jinharath: Jin considered it for a minute.

Dr. Wicker: "Too bad we can't just... ask her what she is doing."

Jinharath: "We... could," she said, slowly.
"I could attempt to communicate with her telepathically. Perhaps she would send some hostiles into the woods to find us. It may split them up some..." she said, clearly thinking aloud.

Wolfe: "Not a bad idea. If they're set up like that they know we're coming anyway."

Euron: "It may. It would also split their forces enough for us to deal with them...if it came to a fight." Euron said.

Jinharath: "And who knows.. maybe she will actually speak, instead."
"though given her ardor earlier, that seems unlikely."

Euron: But Euron would rather be safe than sorry...and casts a spell on himself."

Jinharath: "Should I taunt some of the underlings first, to sow confusion?" she asks the group, knowing tactics isn't her strong suit.

Wolfe: "Can't hurt."

Jinharath: Jin casts an illusion on herself, and seems transformed into an image of the black-robed paladin. She shrugs with a sideways grin at the others, and repeats: "Can't hurt."
She then sneaks back to the north
Disguise Self
illusion 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Target: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 hour
You make yourself—including your clothing, armor, weapons, and other belongings on your person—look different until the spell ends or until you use your action to dismiss it. You can seem 1 foot shorter or taller and can appear thin, fat, or in between. You can’t change your body type, so you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs. Otherwise, the extent of the illusion is up to you. The changes wrought by this spell fail to hold up to physical inspection. For example, if you use this spell to add a hat to your outfit, objects pass through the hat, and anyone who touches it would feel nothing or would feel your head and hair. If you use this spell to appear thinner than you are, the hand of someone who reaches out to touch you would bump into you while it was seemingly still in midair. To discern that you are disguised, a creature can use its action to inspect your appearance and must succeed on an Intelligence (Investigation) check against your spell save DC.

Wolfe: As Jin leaves, Wolfe takes a slow breath and turns to the last remaining friends he's got.
"That lady's weird."

Dr. Wicker: "Won't they notice she is afflicted with the strange condition?"
"She is courageous, though."

Wolfe: "Yeah, brave is something this group definitely has a lot of."
He smiles to both of them, trying to lighten the mood. "All things considered - so far, so good?"

Jinharath: Jin creeps back to the brush nearby the shadowy portal and its ritual arcanists. She picks one on the western side of the grouping, and reaches out for his mind. "We are coming for you," she warns him. "By the time you see our torches to the west, it will be too late for you."

Cultist: "Who's it?!" The man shouts out and looks around.

Jinharath: Assuming she can, she then picks a cultist on the opposite side of the circle and gives him a similar message, indicating an approach from the east.
And to then to the south.
Only then does she reach out to the paladin. "Why are you doing this? What can you gain from enslaving the sleeping?"

Cultist: "They are coming from the west!" "They are coming from the east!" "No! To the south!" The seem to spread out in the area looking about. Others look around, confused by the sudden outbursts.

Jinharath:
8   15
PERCEPTION (7)

Akadi: She says something to the group of cultists before she responds inside Jin's head.
"The death of this world and the rise of a new one." The cultists begin fanning out.

(From Akadi): "What do you hope to accomplish here? It cannot be stopped, it has already taken root on this land. It will be consumed by darkness and my master will come for what he seeks."

Akadi: She draws her weapon and walks around the portal. "Find them, they must be close!" Half the cultists disappear in all directions into the wood.

Jinharath: Jin backs up slowly as the cultists begin fanning out, and resumes taunting the cultists nearest her.
And then she stretches to the extent of her range and sends similar messages to those moving in the other directions, trying to spread them out further.

Dr. Wicker: "We should prepare."

Wolfe: "I'm always prepared."

Cultist: "Get out of my head witch!" Yells one of them.

Jinharath: She'll lure some cultists a good couple hundred feet away from the portal, until it's likely that the party can hear them shouting.

Dr. Wicker: The doctor will pull on the drawstrings of her coat, causing her jetpack to fold out of seemingly nowhere. She then taps a button on her chest and from it forms out metallic plates that click and clack until the form over her body. She kind of looks a little like a steampunk ironman/pepper potts thingamajigger...
((7 psi, Bestial Tranformation - Flight & Tough Hide (+2 to AC) ))
(( When you use this ability, you can choose one or more of the following effects. Each effect has its own psi point cost. Add them together to determine the total cost. This transformation lasts for 1 hour, until you die, or until you end it as a bonus action.))

Jinharath: Jin will then cast Hunter's Mark on the cultist near her, and attempt to sneak up on him to attack.

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes widen at what Cat just did, thoroughly impressed, even if he has no idea how she did it. "Well.. uh... yeah that looks like more preparation than I swing my sword." he flashes a quick smile to the young Doctor and draws his blade.
"Nice, Cat."

Dr. Wicker: Iron-Doc's armor releases some hissing between plates as they lock into place. There's a soft warble as the turbines of the jetpack come online.

Cultist:
14
INITIATIVE (2)
17
INITIATIVE (8)
4
INITIATIVE (3)
19
INITIATIVE (1)
20
INITIATIVE (0)
Wolfe
Initiative
Dark Cultist
Initiative: 16

Cultist:
Initiative
Dark Cultist
Initiative: 15
Initiative
Dark Cultist
Initiative: 17
Initiative
Dark Cultist
Initiative: 3

Wolfe: Wolfe comes running out from behind one of the large stones, suddenly letting out a whirling scream that's very Han-Solo-ish before he leaps through the air and delivers a big two-handed chop at the cultist in front.
20
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
16
slashing
7   20
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
26
Slashing

Cultist: The half orc nearly cleaves him in half.

Jinharath: Jin draws her swords and cuts into the cultists from behind.
17   18
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
12
Piercing
29   14
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14 + 3
Piercing
23   16
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
12
Piercing
13   14
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
13
Piercing
rolling 5d6
(6+4+4+3+1)= 18

Jinharath: rolling 1d8
(6)= 6

Cultist: 78

Jinharath: Silent and hidden, Jin cuts cleanly through the spine of the nearest cultist, ending him before the battle had truly begun.

Wolfe: Wolfe nods in approval as Jin kills something for the first time.
GIZMO-5: Gizmo lights up the target with phosphorous paint with a Help action for Doc.
hash tag neon birdshit

Cultist: The cultist manages to pull his blade and swing at Wolfe.
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 22 | 27
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 26 | 13
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 24 | 18
Damage: 10slashing + 5necrotic
Damage: 10slashing + 5necrotic

Cultist:
Damage: 11slashing + 5necrotic

Wolfe: 41

Cultist: The second one sees Jin cut down his buddy and follows after her.
Multiattack
Dark Cultist
The djinni makes three scimitar attacks.

Wolfe: Wolfe blinks in surprise as he's suddenly CUT UP by a SHADOW BLADE. "..OW! OW OW OW!" He backsteps some as blood flows from fresh wounds. "Damn, what good is this armor!?"

Cultist:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 12 | 10
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 22 | 29
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 22 | 11
Damage: 7 + 3slashing + 4 + 2necrotic
Damage: 10slashing + 1necrotic

Euron: Euron surges forward to help Wolfe!
11
Healing
Higher Level Cast
7
Healing
Touch
Cure Wounds

Wolfe: Wolfe gives Euron the affirming nod meme.

Iron Doc: Incinerating the grass below her, she lifts off into the sky and invokes a tremendous disruption of magnetic energy.
Psychic Crush (7 psi). As an action, you create a 20-foot cube of psychic energy within 120 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 25 psychic damage and is stunned until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a target takes half as much damage.

Cultist:
Intelligence
Dark Cultist
Ability: 18 | 16
Intelligence
Dark Cultist
Ability: 19 | 17

Iron Doc: (DC 17)
12.5 dmg

Iron Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Cultist: "Ahhhhhhhh!"

Iron Doc: (No)

Wolfe: The Cultist falls to the ground, blood gushing from his nose.
18   19
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
28
Slashing
4
13
Orcish Fury Crit Damage
Wolfe
19
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
10
slashing
11
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
12
slashing

Jinharath: Jin moves her hunter's mark to the remaining cultist, then tries to steal Wolfe's kill!
26   26
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
13
Piercing
26   16
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
10
Piercing

Wolfe: Wolfe quickly takes advantage of Cat's mental assault, decapitating the stunned cultist before rushing forward and delivering a quick slash across the back of the other one. He notices Wolfe's assault and sidesteps the rest, but falls prey to Jin's ferocity!

Jinharath: Jin shakes the blood off of her swords and nods in acknowledgement of Wolfe's tactics, a sly little grin seeming a touch out of place on her (still disguised!) face.
She kneels then and takes a look at the odd swords the cultists were wielding.

Wolfe: "Ow." He rubs at his side. "Those guys hit pretty hard. We better watch our step."

Levinath (GM): The magic on the swords fade quickly as the cultists die, leaving just scimitars. The cultists wear simple black robes with no distinguishing symbols.

Jinharath: After finding nothing salvageable, Jin stands. "We should hurry. The others may still be scattered enough to make use of the distraction."

Levinath (GM): Wolfe now finds himself wreathed in shadow tendrils as Jonias was.

Wolfe: "Alright, let's get goi..." He stops as he looks down at his body, noticing it's in Stage 2 Joniassen. "...Shit."

Jinharath: Jin's eyes widen some at the sight of Wolfe, then she nods. "Follow at a distance. I will see if I can lure more."

IronDoc™: She sweeps across, several feet in a hover. Her faceplate has her voice come out of in a weird way. "Giving them a chance to strike at all is dangerous."

Euron: "Then let's go and stop them. And save Wolfe. I'm not letting him be taken by the darkness."

Wolfe: Wolfe is trying, obviously, to remain calm. "What do you suggest?"

Jinharath: Jin stealths and tries to locate more scattered cultists.

(From Levinath): You can see that only six cultists remained with the paladin, the rest seem far fanned out.

Euron: "We've got to catch that woman and stop whatever this. She can tell me if it's some of kind of complex curse or if it's another form of magical malady."

IronDoc™: The faceless Doctor offers, "Maybe forceful interrogation of the blackguard on what this condition is?"
The IronDoc gives a thumbs up to Euron, as they had similar ideas.

Wolfe: Wolfe still keeps looking at Cat, wondering where she got all this armor from.

Jinharath: Jin sends back to
Wolfe: //The paladin remains at the ritual site, with six arcanists. The others seem to be out of range. Should we approach her, or try to track down the ones and twos?//

Euron: "The blades are accelerating this conditon.
"Wolfe, you need to be especially careful about getting hit."

IronDoc™: "Hit and run tactics, then?"

Wolfe: "There's six mages and the Paladin at the central site, she's sent the rest of her minions away. We can either ambush the minions on the way in, or go straight for her."

Jinharath:
26   19
PERCEPTION (7)

Wolfe: "Not a bad idea, yeah."

Euron: "I can attempt to silence the mages as I did before. It will disrupt their spell casting."

(From Levinath): "Kezef should have emerged. Perhaps the ritual was interrupted too soon by the interlopers. This portal must remain open at all costs."

Jinharath:
3   9
HISTORY (0)

Wolfe: "I think that'd be solid, as long as Cat and I can hurt them from afar."

Jinharath: Jin creeps back to the party.
And speaks from beside Euron. "Their portal must be stopped. They're trying to bring through someone called Kezef, but something is amiss."

Euron: "Kezef?" Euron repeats, thinking over what he knows...

Jinharath: "They believe the summoning may have been harmed by our efforts. We must move forward and set our work against the archway."

Euron:
8   23
RELIGION (5)
" Kezef the Chaos Hound was a powerful primordial and one of the Seven Lost Gods, feared by gods and mortals alike. "

Wolfe: "..The... lost god?"

Euron: "We cannot let them succeed. No matter what it takes. They'll bring the destruction of Faerun on us all with this madness."
"I've heard horrible things about this one. He was a unique being who roamed the Outer Planes constantly hunting the Faithful, which were the souls of those who had chosen to venerate one god above all others. He had no taste for the Faithless or the False, and was sickened by the taste of the spirits of the still-living. When Kezef destroyed one of the Faithful, the maggots that made up his pelt swarmed away from his jet-boned skeleton to devour the corpse. "

Wolfe: Wolfe nods slowly along, as if understanding. "And that's..bad, right?"

Jinharath: Jin shoots an odd look at Wolfe
"Is he related to this shadow... stuff?" she asks, gesturing to her transparent arm to Euron.

Wolfe: He looks over to Jin and shrugs. "It sounds bad?'

Euron: "This is a god of oblivion and entropy. Yes this is very bad."

Wolfe: "I don't know anything about Faerun gods."

IronDoc™: "These individuals should be exterminated."

Wolfe: "So they're fanatics to a crazy evil god."

Euron: "Bottom line: I'm very much in danger and you're likely safe from his hunger, my friend."

Jinharath: "But not from his zealots."

Wolfe: "I'm not really safe.." he gestured to himself. "I'm turning into a memory, here."

IronDoc™: "We will not let that happen, Mister Wolfe."

Euron: "His zealots have also failed to realize that they aren't safe from him, either."
"We have to stop them for their own good. And the good of Faerun."

Jinharath: "To the ritual circle then?" she asked, checking the rest of the party's agreement. "Approach via stealth or...?"

Wolfe: "As stealthily as we can. Go ahead and lead Jin, hopefully this shadow garbage I've got will help in that regard, at least."

Euron: "I'll silence the summoners. We...we have to bring down everyone else as hard as we can."

Jinharath: Jinharath nods and disappears into the darkness.
19   21
STEALTH (9)

Wolfe:
17
STEALTH (0)
Wolfe

Euron:
10   13
STEALTH (2)

IronDoc™:
21
STEALTH (3)

Levinath (GM): Most of the group remains undetected, but the poor guy in chain mail just can't manage to stay quiet.

Cultist: "To the south! I see the Cleric!"

Akadi: "Kill them."
GroupInit:
Doctor Wicker
4
Euron Sand
14
Jinharath
12
Wolfe
1
GIZMO-5
4

Jinharath:
19
INITIATIVE (8)

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: While the paladin is commanding her minions to go after the rest of the party, Jinharath creeps up on her from behind!
23   23
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
12
Piercing
18   29
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14 + 2
Piercing
19   27
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
15
Piercing
12   29
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
14 + 5
Piercing

Akadi: 62
Jin catches the paladin completely off guard.

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

IronDoc™: (( The enemy ...is ME! ))

Akadi:
Create Darkness
Dark Cultist
A 30-foot-radius, of swirling darkness magically forms on a point the cultist can see within 120 feet of it. The darkness lasts as long as the cultist maintains concentration. Any creature but the cultist that enters the whirlwind must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be restrained by it and take 16 necrotic damage. The cultist can move the whirlwind up to 60 feet as an action, and creatures restrained by the darkness move with it. The darkness ends if the cultist loses sight of it. A creature can use its action to try and free itself by succeeding on a DC 18 Con check. If the check succeeds, the creature is no longer restrained. He can repeat this damage as action.

IronDoc™:
Counterspell
abjuration 3
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you see a creature within 60 feet of you casting a spell
Range: 60 ft
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous
You attempt to interrupt a creature in the process of casting a spell. If the creature is casting a spell of 3rd level or lower, its spell fails and has no effect. If it is casting a spell of 4th level or higher, make an ability check using your spellcasting ability. The DC equals 10 + the spell's level. On a success, the creature's spell fails and has no effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the interrupted spell has no effect if its level is less than or equal to the level of the spell slot you used.

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

IronDoc™: "Spellcaster on the east side." she calls out as her targeting systems invoke countermeasures.

Euron: Euron speaks in Celestial, pointing at Akadi!
"Don't you run...from me."
Hold Person
enchantment 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 ft
Components: V, S, M (A small, straight piece of iron)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
Choose a humanoid that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target on additional humanoid for each slot level above 2nd. The humanoids must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Akadi:
Wisdom
Akadi
Ability: 5 | 6

IronDoc™: (+0?)

Euron: Euron closes his fist and feels her held in place.

Turn   

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 12 | 15
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 29 | 19

IronDoc™: "Here they come!"

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 27 | 22
Damage: 9 + 3slashing + 4 + 2necrotic
Damage: 6slashing + 2necrotic
26

Euron:
15   24
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
21   17
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

Turn   

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 19 | 27
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 20 | 12
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 24 | 19
Damage: 10slashing + 3necrotic
Damage: 9slashing + 2necrotic
Damage: 8slashing + 3necrotic

Akadi: 35

Euron:
15   19
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
14   6
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
5   12
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

It is Akadi's turn   

Akadi: "What?!"
"You you die for that!"
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 26 | 14
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.

Jinharath: "I I welcome you trying!" Jin sneers back, as though amused.

Akadi:
Damage: 6bludgeoning

Jinharath: "I don--OW!"
7   10
STRENGTH SAVE (3)

Akadi: She kicks Jin in the gut and knocks her to the ground. Then she draws her weapon from her back.
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 16 | 23
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 11 | 20
Damage: 8bludgeoning
Damage: 14bludgeoning

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™:
Detonation
evocation 3
Casting Time: One action
Range: 120 ft
Target: 20 ft radius
Components: M (Mastery of Fire)
Duration: Instantaneous
As an action, you create a fiery explosion at a point you can see within 120 feet of you. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a CON saving throw DC17, taking 31 fire damage and being knocked prone on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

5 psi points spent.
Add +2 damage if fire focused

Akadi:
Constitution
Dark Cultist
Ability: 26 | 18
Constitution
Dark Cultist
Ability: 25 | 21

IronDoc™: 1.9375
(wtf..)
15.5
She converts 5 pp into a 3rd level spell slot as a bonus action.

IronDoc™ ---- End of Turn ✔✔

IronDoc™: A missile fires up into the sky and drops into the center near the portal, letting out a concussive shockwave followed by a fireball.
((btw does that hurt the portal?))

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™: (You forgot the Cultist too)
(one of them)
GIZMO-5: Gizmo helps wolfe.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Akadi:
Constitution
Dark Cultist
Ability: 7 | 12

Turn   

IronDoc™: (Correct)

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 15 | 10
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 10 | 14
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 17 | 18

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

Akadi: The other cultist comes from around the corner and fires two bolts of darkness as the Doc!
25   25
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
23   24
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
13
Necrotic Damage
10
Necrotic Damage

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

IronDoc™: (( Did the explosion affect the portal?))

Akadi: ((Negative))

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   
25   15
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
25 + 3
Slashing
13   12
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
23
Slashing
25   13
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21 + 11
Slashing
9   21
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21
Slashing

IronDoc™: "Mister Wolfe, be careful!" she calls out, distracted enough to be rocked by magical bursts against her form.

Turn   

Wolfe: Wolfe appears out of the darkness, yelling out a HASAKIIIIII!!! as he unleashes a whirlwind of sword-slashes, sending limbs and blood flying everywhere.

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 20 | 13
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 10 | 18
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 21 | 12
Damage: 7slashing + 6necrotic
Damage: 6slashing + 6necrotic
Round 2

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Jinharath: Jin stands up.
As she does so, she grumbles the word of power for a spell.
A spirit of healing manifests around her, embracing her even as she lifts her swords and goes after the paladin.
Healing Spirit
conjuration 2
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: 60feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration Conc up to 1 min
You call an intangible spirit to a cubic 5-foot space you can see. Until the spell ends, when you or a creature you can see moves into the spirit's space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature, no action required. The spirit can't heal constructs or undead.

As a bonus action, you can move the spirit up to 30 feet to a space you can see.

At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 2nd.
rolling 2d6
(5+5)= 10
11   22
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
15
Piercing

Jinharath:
24   19
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
15
Piercing

Jinharath 's turn has ended!
It is Dark Cultist's turn   

Akadi: The conterspelled cultist seems annoyed with the doc, but fires at Euron.

Akadi:
18   20
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
23   17
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
12
Necrotic Damage

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Levinath (GM): Shadows wreath Euron's translucent form.

Euron: 20
Healing
60 Feet
Mass Cure Wounds

It is Akadi's turn   

Levinath (GM): "Time to die, gnat."
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 29 | 26
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 1bludgeoning

Jinharath:
13   6
STRENGTH SAVE (3)

Levinath (GM):
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 15 | 12
Make an Example
Akadi
Target a creature within 5 feet who must make a DC 17 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 14 (2d8+4) bludgeoning damage. If it is Large or smaller, it is also grappled (escape DC 17). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained and unable to breathe. Next turn they begin to Asphyxiate.

If a creature dies or is knocked unconscious in this fashion all allies within 60 feet must make a DC17 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for one minute.

Jinharath:
16   9
STRENGTH SAVE (3)

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™:
Transposition (3 psi). If you haven't moved yet on your turn, choose an ally you can see within 60 feet of you. As a bonus action, you and that creature teleport, swapping places, and your speed is reduced to 0 until the end of the turn. This ability fails and is wasted if either of you can't fit in the destination space.

IronDoc™: I drop
15

Levinath (GM): 6 fall damage.

IronDoc™:
IronDoc™ ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Jinharath:
22   12
CONSTITUTION SAVE (2)
GIZMO-5: Help Doc.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Akadi: As her mirror image disappears. "Ahhh, you will die for impersonating me. Witch."

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 21 | 26
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 23 | 10
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 10 | 29

Akadi:
Damage: 7slashing + 4necrotic
Damage: 7slashing + 1necrotic

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

Jinharath: The awful paladin kicks Jinharath to the ground once more, only to lift her back up by the throat, choking her! For a terrifying few seconds Jin can do little to fight it, until the world suddenly shifts around her. She blinks, and the next thing she knows she's sucking in deep gulps of breath on the other side of the field.

Euron: "Is that all you've got!"

Akadi:
26   14
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
15   14
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
20
Necrotic Damage

IronDoc™: The Iron Doc just says... "I don't know what you are talking about, Miss Blackguard."

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Euron: The blast hits Euron and the Priest's expression goes slack...

Wolfe:
Hero's Charge
Wolfe Other: Special Boon
You may expend your reaction and second wind to immediately move up to 1.5 times your movement to an ally who has fallen unconscious. Upon reaching the target you heal them with your second wind plus an additional 1d4 + 1 for each attack of opportunity you received while moving.

You may only use this boon once per long rest.

Euron: Euron drops to his knees as Death Ward kicks in!

Wolfe:
18   21
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
23
Slashing
9   18
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
28
Slashing
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   
Round 3

It is Jinharath's turn   
phinn

Wolfe: As the Dark Cultists focus fire on Euron and Jin gets teleported beside him, Wolf lets out a savage yell as he cuts another cultist in half.

Jinharath: Once she has her wits about her again, Jinharath lunges past Euron to attack the cultist assaulting him.
12   29
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
11 + 1
Piercing
24   14
20
ShortSword (FE) (+9)
10
Piercing
22   29
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6 + 1
Bludgeoning
17   29
Self
Unarmed Strike (+9)
6 + 1
Bludgeoning
(-1 Ki)

Jinharath 's turn has ended!

Akadi: The cultist nearly falls from Jin's attacks but is still standing.

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

Akadi:
13   15
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
12   28
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: Euron growls and pulls his mace, swinging Lightbring at the Cultist who has injured him!
9   26
5 Feet
Lightbringer (+7)
8
Bludgeoning
  6
Radiant
 
It is Akadi's turn   

Akadi:
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 19 | 17
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 4bludgeoning

Jinharath: Jinharath turns, suddenly realizing something. "Where is the doctor?"

IronDoc™:
Shield (Staff)
abjuration 1
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take when you are hit by an attack or targeted by the magic missile spell
Target: Self
Components: M (2 staff charges)
Duration: 1 round
An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Akadi:
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 13 | 24
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 24 | 26

IronDoc™: 24 ac
Yes

Akadi:
Damage: 17slashing

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™:
Bestial Claws (1-7 psi). You manifest long claws for an instant and make a melee weapon attack against one creature within 5 feet of you. On a hit, this attack deals 1d10 slashing damage per psi point spent.
((7 psi))
14

IronDoc™: 14
And fly... AO proc

Akadi:
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 17 | 14
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.

IronDoc™:
18
Staff of Defense (+10)
13
bludgeoning
  2
psychic
25' up

IronDoc™ ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Turn   

Akadi:
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 26 | 15
Damage: 11slashing + 1necrotic

Levinath (GM): Euron is cut down.

Wolfe:
Fighting Spirit
Wolfe Class: Samurai/3rd Level
Starting at 3rd level, your intensity in battle can shield you and help you strike true. As a bonus action on your turn, you can give yourself advantage on all weapon attack rolls until the end of the current turn. When you do so, you also gain 5 temporary hit points. The number of hit points increases when you reach certain levels in this class, increasing to 10 at 10th level and 15 at 15th level.

You can use this feature three times. You regain all expended uses of it when you finish a long rest.
Hero's Charge
Wolfe Other: Special Boon
You may expend your reaction and second wind to immediately move up to 1.5 times your movement to an ally who has fallen unconscious. Upon reaching the target you heal them with your second wind plus an additional 1d4 + 1 for each attack of opportunity you received while moving.

You may only use this boon once per long rest.
20

Levinath (GM):
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 21 | 21

Euron: "I will not join you while I still draw breath!" Euron gasps.

Levinath (GM):
Damage: 8slashing + 1necrotic
Blades of Darkness
Dark Cultist
Attack: 17 | 22
Damage: 7slashing + 1necrotic

It is Dark Cultist's turn   

Levinath (GM):
Lightning Bolt
evocation 3
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (100-foot line)
Target: Self (100-foot line)
Components: V, S, M (A bit of fur and a rod of amber, crystal, or glass)
Duration: Instantaneous
A stroke of lightning forming a line 100 feet long and 5 feet wide blasts out from you in a direction you choose. Each creature in the line must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 8d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The lightning ignites flammable objects in the area that aren’t being worn or carried.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 4th level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot above 3rd.
25

IronDoc™ has no reaction to help.

Jinharath:
20   16
DEXTERITY SAVE (9)

Wolfe:
9
DEXTERITY SAVE (1)
Wolfe

Euron:
19   20
DEXTERITY SAVE (2)

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Euron: Euron feels the breath of life return to him...only to be snuffed once more with a flash of lightning.

Wolfe:
26
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
19
slashing

Euron: Euron falls, landing on his face in the dirt.

Wolfe:
26
Shokan (+10)
Wolfe
11
slashing
Round 4

End Session 53

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2019, 11:30:16 AM »
Session 54

Westra: For months, Westra had been trying to make sense of a world turned upside-down. When she'd first returned to Neverwinter with the rest of the Watch, she hadn't realized how much things had changed, nor how strange those changes were. It was only in the following days - after the rest of the Watch had dispersed to tend to their own affairs - that Westra had realized that something was terribly, terribly amiss. She'd accepted her proverbial lashes from Neverember for having not gone to Luskan as promised, and while holding down menial guard duties she worked to try and uncover the extent of the changes made to the history of Neverwinter. Tensions with Luskan increased, but Westra wasn't permitted to leave her duties to attempt to address or resolve them. Now, however, Neverember himself had been abducted out of his quarters, and Black Claw cultists had attacked the city in broad daylight! It was the death of the beloved Bishous Ironheart that finally snapped the last threads of loyalty the paladin bore towards her sworn duties in the city guard. No one in Neverwinter was getting matters resolved, but Westra knew of one party that could make a difference. When Cullen informed her that the Watch had returned and headed north, Westra packed her things and headed after them.
Law and order only carried a noble soul so far. Sometimes, she reasoned, doing the right thing was more important than following the rules.
She rode hard, knowing she was well behind the party. By the time she found them through the foreboding darkness, the situation seemed an ominous one. Father Sand and a woman Westra didn't recognize lay fallen, and Wolfe and the Doctor battled dark-robed cultists and a woman armored in black. In the midst of them all was a portal contained in an archway, a dark and bleak landscape folded in its depths.
"Not today," she growled to herself, determined that no more would be lost to these foul fanatics. She knelt at Euron's side, and summoned the holy light of Helm to heal the cleric's wounds. "Your work is not yet finished, Father Sand," she told him, before rising to her full height. She turned her head towards the portal and the cultists nearby it, and she stamped the butt of her halberd on the ground before her, a surge of will causing the blade at its head to burst into celestial light.

Westra:
"Flee now evildoers, or meet thy doom!" she shouted, before lunging off towards the nearest cultist.
((Lay on Hands to Euron for 50 hp))

Levinath (GM): As Westra send's Helm's holy magic into Euron, Jin's body fades into black mist and disperses into the air.
Westra Goldbrook 's turn has ended!

Wolfe: "...What the!?" Wolfe yells out as he hears out Westra's voice, turning toward the source.
"...Westra!?"

Black Hand Cultist: The remaining cultist sees Euron healed again. "Stay down, damn you!"
18   26
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)
15   18
120 feet
Eldritch Blast (+9)

Euron: Euron felt his life slipping away. And then....he was awake and alive! He opened his eyes to find the last person he expected standing over him.
"Helm is good....all the time."

IronDoc™: "Oh, I think you are in for it now." says the doctor towards Akadi once spying the paladin riding into save the day.

Euron:
Bless
enchantment 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S, M (A sprinkling of holy water)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.
-End turn-

Akadi: Akadi growls as the Doc flys out of her reach. She hefts her weapon, placing it back on her back. "I will retrieve Kezef myself and bring him to end you."

Akadi: And she walks through the portal.

Levinath (GM): The soft picture of grey landscape ripples as the woman disappears into the portal.

IronDoc™:
18
ARCANA (9)
"She went in." calls the robo-armored flying ...thing
"Get clear, Mister Wolfe. I am going to try to destroy the containment focusing structure!"
She will ready an action to blow away the stones when finishes a movement away.

Wolfe: Wolfe is just kind of confused. Is it destiny? Fate? Merely some sort of strange coincidence? Nevertheless suddenly it is the Watch reunited again. He watches the source of leadership among the evil bastards just walk into the ominous portal. He takes a deep breath and weighs matters for a moment in thought.
"..This is a bad idea." He says to himself. "A terrible idea.." He says, more concretely.
And then Cat calls out while in the air that she wants to destroy the portal...
"...Ah... that's probably wise..." He says after a moment of consideration.

IronDoc™ ---- End of Turn ✔✔
GIZMO-5: Gizmo lands on a treebranch and looks on.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Wolfe: Wolfe moves back to act in a defensive place of Father Sand and then.. HANDAXES!
14
20/40
Hand Axe (+9)
Wolfe
8
slashing
24
20/40
Hand Axe (+9)
Wolfe
6
slashing
1

IronDoc™: Aiming at the weakest point of the portal structure, she fires a missile into the air that swirls about, leaving a trail of smoke until it collides with the target.
Detonation (5 psi). As an action, you create a fiery explosion at a point you can see within 120 feet of you. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a Constitution saving throw, taking 7d6 fire damage and being knocked prone on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Levinath (GM): 40

Levinath (GM): 67

Levinath (GM): The explosion sends rocks reigning down for fifty yards around the structure and the stone is blasted apart. The portal ripples and stretches as it container is blown apart.

Wolfe:
21
DEXTERITY SAVE (1)
Wolfe

Levinath (GM):
Dexterity
Dark Cultist
Ability: 11 | 6

IronDoc™: "Tarnation!"

Euron: "Westra, it's good to see you! You're a sight for sore eyes." Euron said, ignoring the shadowy effect now setting into his skin.

Levinath (GM): Energy ripples into the portal but seems to be bounce back out in an explosive blast around. Wolfe takes 10 damage from the energy as it radiates back out and the cultist closer to the portal is knocked prone. After several moments, the shimmering circle steadies and remains.

Westra:
8
ARCANA (0)

IronDoc™: "It must be self sustaining from the other side!"

Westra: Westra raises an arm to shield her eyes as the portal's container is blasted apart, then eyes the thing with uncertainty. "What manner of strangeness is this?" she murmured. Euron's comment draws her eye, and she nods to him. "Father Sand. It's good to see you as well--" she starts to say, though the state of him causes her visible concern. "What ails you, father?"

Westra Goldbrook 's turn has ended!

Wolfe: "Cat, what is this weird bullshit!?"

Levinath (GM): The cultist steadies himself and seems to look around at all his dead buddies for the first time...he has to go...into the portal.

Westra: "Wolfe. Eloquent as ever."

Euron: "I've been cut with one of these cultist's blades. The effect has already claimed two of our number. Jonias and Jinharath, who was just here. Wolfe is afflicted as well."

Wolfe: "Fuck this!"
Wolfe runs in and leaps into the portal.

Euron: "WOLFE!"

Westra: Westra laughs. "Of course..."

Euron: "By Helm's beard!"

IronDoc™: Activating afterburners, the IronDoc™ instinctively blasts off towards the portal.

Westra: "Westra is smiling when she looks to the cleric. She gestures towards the portal. "Shall we, Father?"

Euron: "We shall!"

Levinath (GM): Sickness overtakes you for a moment as your head spins. You find youselves on your hands and knees in a world of greys.

Levinath (GM): The world seems drowned in twilight with colors void across the land. Black towers of stone and massive trees and mountains raise from the dark land. Before you stands the woman in black armor, wrapped in dark energies, her eyes now pure black.

IronDoc™: Claustraphobia and nausea set in such a fashion, causing the Iron Doc to slap the side of her head cause her faceplate to retract.
The fresh air is not all that better.

Akadi: "I did not think you had the stomach to challenge me here."

Euron: "You should really stop doing that. Thinking. It's not paying off for you."

Akadi: "Bold....but foolish."

IronDoc™: "What is this? The Gray Wastes?"

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over the strange shadowy terrain, not certain of where he'd just leapt into. In his own religion this looked like the land of the dead - the honorless, the purposeless, those whose existence was proven unworthy. He steeled himself against his feear and took a slow breath in the dark land.

IronDoc™: She takes a deep breath and flicks down her iron face plate, then aims her fist in a direction of a crystal. "What happens if I interrupt that crystal generator?"

Westra: Westra looks around with grim resolve on her face, then focuses on the dark-clad woman. "Who are you, and what do you stand to gain from your treachery?"

IronDoc™: "She wants to bring some ravenous entity to the prime."

Akadi: "You have arrived in the shadowfell and where you will become one of my pets, or if you are lucky enough, a meal for the great Kezef." Behind Akari a group of shadow monsters pace back and forth.

Euron: "You, like your master, will fail. Turn aside from this path. Give up now and you can still atone."

Westra: "I think not," Westra says, resolutely. "Surrender now, and you may know mercy."

Wolfe: "Nobody's gonna be lunch today, lady." The Samurai says with grim resolve. "But I'll let you meet your god!"
GroupInit:
Doctor Wicker
10
Euron Sand
17
Wolfe
14
GIZMO-5
12
Westra Goldbrook
6

Wolfe:
16
INITIATIVE (0)
Wolfe

Akadi: "Kill them, my pets."

Euron:
Bless
enchantment 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 ft
Components: V, S, M (A sprinkling of holy water)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.

Levinath (GM): Black fire appears behind the woman, blocking the beasts from the group.

Euron:
Hold Person
enchantment 2
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 ft
Components: V, S, M (A small, straight piece of iron)
Duration: Concentration Up to 1 minute
Choose a humanoid that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for the duration. At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the spell ends on the target.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, you can target on additional humanoid for each slot level above 2nd. The humanoids must be within 30 feet of each other when you target them.

Shar: "Your master's desecration ends here Akadi!" A voice filled with deep sorrow calls out.

IronDoc™: O.O

Wolfe: "YEAH!"

Shar:
Wisdom
Akadi
Ability: 1 | 11

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   
15   10
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
20
Slashing
1
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
21
Slashing
Wolfe leaps forward and delivers two quick slashes to her, though he notices she's tougher here.

It is Akadi's turn   

Shar:
Whirlwind (Recharge 4-6)
Akadi
Each creature within 5 yards make a DC 17 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 23 slashing damage and is flung up 20 feet away from Akadi in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes an object, such as a wall or floor, the target takes 5 bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.

If the saving throw is successful, the target takes half the bludgeoning damage and isn't flung away or knocked prone.

 
IronDoc™: (yards?)

Westra:
Aura Of Protection
Class: Paladin Lvl 6 Always on
Whenever you or a friendly creature within 10 feet of you must make a saving throw, you/they gain a +4 bonus to the saving throw. You must be conscious to grant this bonus.
17
STRENGTH SAVE (8)

Wolfe:
13
STRENGTH SAVE (10)
Wolfe

Euron:
19   13
STRENGTH SAVE (2)

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Shar:
Initiative
Shar
Initiative: 8

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy
GIZMO-5: GIZMO, happy to see Westra hoots mechanically in her direction and Helps her with some target painting.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™: The Iron Doc's jet pack roars to life and lifts her up into the air, 25 feet. She then aims at the crystal to the south.
24
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
7
Fire

Akadi: "He will consume you!"

It is Shar's turn   

IronDoc™:

Levinath (GM): The strange woman seems to pull the darkness into her form, channeling a spell.

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra:
14
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
15
Slashing
  1
Radiant
21
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
11
Slashing
  4
Radiant
rolling 1d4
(3)= 3
6
Hunter's Mark
5
Hunter's Mark

Levinath (GM): 37

Westra:
22
Radiant
Divine Smite (3)
19
Radiant
Divine Smite (2)

Levinath (GM): Westra's attacks seem far more potent than Wolfe's.
Round 2

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

It is Akadi's turn   

Euron:
23
Healing
60 Feet
Mass Cure Wounds

Westra: Westra's lip curls in a derisive snarl, and she slashes angrily at the creature before her

Euron: -End Turn-

Levinath (GM): The lady to the North unleashes a massive wave of energy on the other side of her black fire. Pure black darkness erupts and seems to melt the beasts it touches.
6
She swings her massive weapon around again.
Whirlwind (Recharge 4-6)
Akadi
Each creature within 5 feet make a DC 17 Strength saving throw. On a failure, a target takes 25 slashing damage and is flung up 20 feet away from Akadi in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes an object, such as a wall or floor, the target takes 1 bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it was thrown. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.

If the saving throw is successful, the target takes half the bludgeoning damage and isn't flung away or knocked prone.

 
Westra:
9
STRENGTH SAVE (8)

Wolfe:
27
STRENGTH SAVE (10)
Wolfe

Westra: rolling 1d4
(3)= 3

Euron:
18   12
STRENGTH SAVE (2)
It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
19
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
22
Slashing
25
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
29 + 5
Slashing
11
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
22
Slashing
3
Wolfe unleashes a pair of quick, powerful blows to Akadi, though the last slash meets her weapon as she parries!

Levinath (GM): She turns to Wolfe and snarls. "He will hunt you."
Kezef's Brand
Akadi
The target must succeed in a DC 16 wisdom save or be branded with the mark of Kezef. A symbol of a maggot sears into the creature's wrist and glows with white energies. While branded, Akadi has vision on the target and can teleport to them as a bonus action. Only one target may be branded at a time, though the scar of the brand remains indefinitely.

Wolfe:
23
WISDOM SAVE (6)
Wolfe

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy
GIZMO-5:
Help (Action) - Diversion Protocol #11
GIZMO
Aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. Feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally’s Attack more effective.
If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first Attack roll is made with advantage.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔
GIZMO-5: (Westra)

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Wolfe snarls in samurai determination as he resists the magic of the evil woman!

Euron:
20   19
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)
23   10
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

IronDoc™:
12
120 ft
Fire Bolt (+9)
On the crystal
10
Fire

Levinath (GM): The crystal explodes.

Wolfe: "Good job, Cat! We'll keep this witch busy!"

Levinath (GM): She swings her weapon at Wolfe.
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 24 | 29
Damage: 16slashing + 4necrotic

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra: Westra is thrown backwards into the remains of the portal's frame, and hits the ground with a grunt. She pulls herself back to her feet, and swings again at Akadi.
26
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
14
Slashing
  6
Radiant
23
10 ft
Sun Plrm Bonus (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
  1
Radiant
10
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
12
Slashing
  5
Radiant
13
Radiant
Divine Smite (3)

Levinath (GM): The woman again charges her dark powers at the beasts.

Westra:
6
Radiant
Divine Smite (2)

Levinath (GM): She kicks Wolfe as Westra lays into her back.
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 11 | 13
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Round 3

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron: Euron casts a spell!
13   19
60 ft
Spiritual Weapon (+9)
7
Force
25   27
5 Feet
Lightbringer (+7)
7 + 8
Bludgeoning
  5 + 4
Radiant

Euron: Euron strikes with his mace after conjuring Helm's Maul to attack Akadi!
"Be judged, Evil One!"

Akadi: She turns. "I have had it with you, Helmite."
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 18 | 23
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 4bludgeoning

Euron: "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

Levinath (GM): The lady lets out another blast of dark energy destroying the rest of the shadow monsters.

Wolfe: "Thattaboy, Father!"

Euron: -End Turn!-

Wolfe: "Also, thanks up there!"

It is Akadi's turn   

Akadi:
Kick
Akadi
Attack: 27 | 19
DC 17 Str save or be knocked prone.
Damage: 3bludgeoning

IronDoc™: "I think she is somehow using the corralled beasts to convert to her own power."

Euron:
20   4
STRENGTH SAVE (2)

Akadi:
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 30 | 25
Greatsword
Akadi
Attack: 29 | 25
Damage: 21 + 3slashing + 3 + 4necrotic
Damage: 17slashing + 3necrotic
51

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
25
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
25 + 3
Slashing
24
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
27
Slashing
13
Shokan GWM (+5)
Wolfe
29
Slashing
4

Euron:
6   21
CONSTITUTION SAVE (4)

IronDoc™: (wat about that insp card tho)

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy
GIZMO-5:
Help (Action) - Diversion Protocol #11
GIZMO
Aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. Feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally’s Attack more effective.
If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first Attack roll is made with advantage.
To Westra

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Doctor Wicker's turn   
Sixxy

IronDoc™:
Wind Stream
evocation 1
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 x 5 ft
Target: Each creature in range
Components: M (Mastery of Air)
Duration: Instantaneous
You create a line of focused air that is 30 feet long and 5 feet wide. Each creature in that area must make a STR saving throw DC17, taking 3 bludgeoning damage per psi point spent and being knocked prone on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

1 psi points spent, 5 max.

Akadi:
Strength Save
Akadi
Save: 26 | 13

IronDoc™:

Akadi: "He will find you."

IronDoc™ ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Akadi: She send magic towards Euron.
Kezef's Brand
Akadi
The target must succeed in a DC 16 wisdom save or be branded with the mark of Kezef. A symbol of a maggot sears into the creature's wrist and glows with white energies. While branded, Akadi has vision on the target and can teleport to them as a bonus action. Only one target may be branded at a time, though the scar of the brand remains indefinitely.

Euron:
28   21
WISDOM SAVE (9)

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra:
27
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
10
Slashing
  6
Radiant
13
10 ft
Sun Polearm (+9)
14
Slashing
  1
Radiant
21
10 ft
Sun Plrm Bonus (+9)
6
Bludgeoning
  6
Radiant
rolling 1d4
(2)= 2
2
Hunter's Mark
6
Hunter's Mark

Westra: "ENOUGH!" Westra shouts when the creature once again turns her hateful magic towards the cleric. The paladin surges forward and brings her halberd down in a vicious slash that tears through Akadi's weakened armor and fells her.

Akadi: The woman falls to her knees. "I......" The massive weapon clangs to the ground and she turns to black wisps of smoke and fades into nothing.

Euron: "You chose the wrong path."

Westra: "Indeed. You," Westra sneers softly, watching as the woman fades. She then turns to the other strange woman.

Euron: Euron is glad that the fight as over. He couldn't have taken another volley like that last one. His body aches.

IronDoc™: "Triumphant and serendipitous appearance, Miss Westra!" says the flying mechanical woman.

Wolfe: Wolfe takes a deep breath and nods as he stands up fully, looking over to Westra. "Well, at least you got better at hitting stuff since Sunderwood."
He flashes a wide smile at the Paladin. "Glad to see you're alright. Do you remember us, still?"

Shar: The voice of the woman tears again at your hearts. Memories of all those lost to you flood your memories, surely at least a single tear would be shed by the coldest heart. "Heroes there is no time to celebrate, more come."

Westra: "Doctor," Westra greets the woman with a nod. A small smile sneaks though, despite the grim circumstances. She looks to Wolfe to reply to him, but stops when Shar speaks.

Shar: As if on queue, more materialize from the darkness.

IronDoc™: "Nerts!"
She begins firing at the crystals.

Wolfe: "Too good to be true."

Westra: She looks to the woman, and then to the beasts materializing around them.
She stammers, nearly overcome by sudden and gripping despair at the sight.

IronDoc™:

Euron: "Come closer, I'll heal you all!"

Wolfe: "...Oh..." The Samurai takes a slow deep breath. "I see."

IronDoc™:

Shar: Darkness envelops the group and a moment later they feel the same disorientation of passing through the portal. A brief second later their feet land on paved stone.

Wolfe: "Well... if this is where I die and make my last stand, at least it's with all of you." He nods to Westra, Euron, and the Doc in turn with a slow smile.
And then... darkness.

Westra: Westra gasps at the sudden darkness, and then nearly stumbles as the world resets itself and she finds herself on pavement.

Shar: Several moments pass as your eyes adjust to the darkness. Wolfe and Euron seem to see easier. You find yourselves standing in the courtyard in front of a massive tower.

Euron: Euron says a prayer to Helm, seeing that the end has come. When the darkness comes, he's readying himself to go down swinging....and then nothing.

Shar: "Welcome to The Tower of Night, Faerunians."
Westra can tell her weapon is still glowing, but yet...produces no light.

Wolfe: The samurai looks winded, his eyes sweeping over the area with some uncertainty - a strange sight in a man normally certain of himself. He turns his attention to the woman who is speaking to them, acting as guide, ally, and guardian? "Who are you?"

Euron: Euron looks around. The...Tower of Night?"

Westra: Westra struggles to see much of anything, though she looks about to try and find the source of that mournful voice.
5
RELIGION (0)

IronDoc™:
11
RELIGION (5)

Euron:
14   10
RELIGION (5)

Wolfe:
13
RELIGION (0)
Wolfe

Westra: "My Lady, who are you? Your help is generous, but I must admit confusion. What is this place?"

Shar: Every time the woman speaks, you feel the loss of a loved on in your soul. "My home, deep in the Astral sea. Kezef's minions cannot reach us here. I believe your race knows me as the 'Lady of Loss', no?"

Westra: The paladin pales, just a little.

Wolfe: "Uh. Isn't that... a Faerun Goddess?" Wolfe looks to Westra and Euron for confirmation.

Westra: "An evil one," Westra whispers.

IronDoc™: Catriona doesn't know what the loss of a loved one feels like so it just feels like indegestion!

Euron: "Yes, that's correct." Euron said, someone stunned at what's transpiring.
"Yes, the Lady of Loss."

Shar: "My child, I am a goddess over more than Faerun." Her black eyes flip to Westra.

Wolfe: He turns and looks to Shar, having felt the cold loss of both his wife and his daughter, taking a deep breath. He takes a slow and deep breath. "Ah. Well. Uh. Thank you?"

Euron: "Why have you brought us here? Kezef threatens the realm."
"Do you have a way that we can defeat him?"

Shar: "I must confess, I am surprised your kind would dare venture to the Shadowfell. Kezef threatens every realm. He feasts on the flesh of gods and mortals alike."

Westra: The lack of light in this place bothers Westra the longer she's immersed in the darkness. Her weapon, so radiantly bright moments before, struggles to even glow in this oppressive gloom. It, along with the knowledge of who was before her, made her less and less comfortable the longer they lingered.
Those she's lost weigh heavy on her heart and mind, and make it difficult to focus on the matter at hand.

Shar: "What did you hope to accomplish by following his lieutenant into the night? Four mortals cannot stop such a beast."

Westra: But she tries.
"One of his fanatics was trying to give him entrance to the prime material plane," she explained, voice strangely dull.
"And we stopped her," she said, lifting her eyes to look towards the voice.

Wolfe: "Just had to stop the one summoning him. Not the God itself."

Euron: "Well, we couldn't let him come into our world. That is just as much folly as coming here. Maybe more."

Shar: "The Lost Gods have no need of portals to traverse the planes. If she has heralded him, he will likely come, though when I cannot say." It seems even more depressing that it normally would in her voice.

Wolfe: "...Then why would she even bother?"

Westra: Westra frowns. "Surely there is something that can yet be done..."

Euron: "I will not accept that it is hopeless."
Even if he is standing before the Lady of Loss herself.

Shar: "She was a fool, set on destroying your realm. She had no devotion to the primodial only watching the worlds burn." He looked to Euron and a faint smile curled her dark lips. "He has Shadowlord in his grasp as we speak, and his beasts have overrun the Shadowfell. We felt Mystra's death much like you, and Kezef chose his time to attack precisely."

Wolfe: "So Kezef and his minions are what's been behind the Shadowfell merging more with the Material Plane?"

IronDoc™: "Oh so that explains the strange malivores... they are Kezef's spawn.."

Shar: "We have lost control over our plane, and his witch's portal and allowed the Shadowfell to begin to merge with the Material Plane. If Mask cannot be freed, both realms will be destroyed when the merger completes."

Euron: "Has this situation been encountered before? What can we do to turn them back? Or defeat him?" Euron asked

Wolfe: "Mask is...?"

IronDoc™: "A diety, Mister Wolfe."

Shar: "Gond, Tyr, and Mystra were able to cage him, for a millennia, but it takes much power to chain such a beast."

Westra: Westra looks towards the others of the Watch, considering them each in turn. Wolfe and Euron all but blend into the darkness around them, and the realization draws a deeper frown.
"The infection caused by Kezef's spawn... can it be cured?" she asked, looking back towards Shar.

Shar: She looked into the distance and considered something before Westra broke her train of thought. "That is only influence of the shadowfell, not an infection." She raised a hand and drew the shadow energies off Euron and Wolfe.

Westra: Westra blinked, as just that easily, Euron and Wolfe seemed to be restored.

Wolfe: Wolfe feels a rush of euphoria and gasps some from the sudden removal of darkness that had been merged with his being.

Westra: "Thank you," she said, quietly, after a beat.

Euron: Euron gasps as the darkness is removed. He is relieved, but also saddened for Jonias and Jinharath, who did not make it this far.
"Thank you, Lady Shar."

Westra: "Now. Do you believe there is aught we might do to help see Mask freed? Or is this matter beyond mortal ken?"

Shar: She looked at the determination on Euron's face. "I could distract Kezef, perhaps long enough for you to break the binding holding Mask. The two of us could banish him back to the abyss, purge the corruption of our plane, and stop the merger. The dog is an intelligent beast, he has bound Mask with magics that no deity can break, only by powerful mortals can the chains be broken."

Euron:
25   20
RELIGION (5)

IronDoc™: "But what if you are lying?"

Wolfe: "Couldn't we also get another God to help you?"

Shar: "Certainly, do you know many?"

Wolfe: "Well, how are we supposed to get to Mask, exactly?"

Shar: "I have defended these planes since the primordial attacked the worlds in the Dawn War sweet Child. I will continue to do so long after you join the astral plane."

Euron: "If Mask were freed, what guarantee do we have that he would actually aid us? Based on what I know, he could just as easily refuse to aid you."
"And go about his way."

IronDoc™: Cat's armor runs out of power and disengages. The metal panels fold away and the jetpack's minaturized turbines deactivate. The process takes seconds as the Iron-Doc suit returns to its stored compartments in her peacoat.

Shar: "Our plane is being ripped apart, we derive much of our power from our planes, it would be folly of Mask to deny aid to his own home." She smiled, which was even more depressing somehow. "He may already have lost an arm too. I hear the dog likes hands."

Wolfe: Wolfe winces at the thought of a god-eating dog biting his arm off.
Probably due to his presence nearby the Lady of Loss.

Westra: "This Kezef..." she says, narrowing her eyes thoughtfully. "He has no control over time, does he?"

Shar: "Only that it does not affect him."

Wolfe: "We've noticed something weird."
"It is like the world changed on us."
"The four of us.." He gestures to the other members of the Watch. "Remember things differently than everyone else. We remember Tylmandra becoming Queen of Neverwinter, for instance. But we're told that never happened."

Westra: "While you were all away, I tried to discern the extent of the changes. It seems that the alterations were centered around the summoning of the adventurers who would become the Regulators to Silverymoon. It now seems as though Lord Neverember never summoned them, and the changes they wrought in Neverwinter never occurred."

Wolfe: "...But why? Are they really that important?"

Euron: Euron falls silent to see if Westra and Wolfe can get more information about the state of the world from Shar.

Westra: "I cannot say. It has obviously had an effect on Neverwinter but I do not know how far reaching the effect is outside of our city."

Shar: "Labelas Enoreth"

Wolfe: "....What?"

Westra:
17
RELIGION (0)

Shar: "The Lord of Continuum."
"God of time?"

Westra: "Does he make a habit of affecting such changes on a whim?"

Shar: "No."
"He cares for no race other than elves."

Wolfe: "So we have someone else who's affecting time, or the Regulators specifically - but why weren't we affected?"

Westra: It's hard to not be supremely discouraged but the lack of connection, the lack of explanation for all the strangeness of late. The plane here seemed an oppressive one, and it was difficult for the paladin to not be distracted by thoughts of all she'd already lost. Now, was the entire plane to be consumed as well?

Shar: "With Mystra's death, few mortals of power remain. I can sense the fortitude in you, perhaps you resist another power magic user's spell."

Wolfe: "Wait a minute."

Westra: "The cultists who attacked the temple," Westra recalled aloud. "A mortal could perform such a feat?"

Wolfe: "Westra, do you remember that broad from the mines?"

Shar: "While I find your despair delicious, now is not the time for gluttony. I need you to focus."

Wolfe: "The weird one - the one we kind of rescued, and later showed up at the Spectator?"
"Who messed with the Forge?"

Euron: Euron looks to Westra and Wolfe for more information.

Wolfe: "Cat?"

Dr. Wicker: Cat retrieves her Phantasmitron and uses it to make a hologram of the woman they speak of. (Minor Illusion).

Levinath (GM): Jghara pops up on the hologram.

Westra: "Yes. Jghara," Westra confirms, as though she knew the name all aloooong. "She does seem capricious enough to attempt such a thing, if the Regulators stood in her path at some point."

Wolfe: Wolfe didn't, that's why he called her 'that broad'.
"She wasn't really worried about us back then - but if she's somehow related to everything going on lately with this God-Eating-Dog and the timeline getting messed up, then we'll be someone she notices soon.
"

Westra: "And she did speak as though she traveled through time. Spoke of 'this era' as bothersome...."

Wolfe: Wolfe looks to the Goddess, but only for a moment, as direct eye contact was a challenge back home. "So. Jghara and Mask somehow come into all of this? And it has to be Mask to help you stop this?"

Euron: "So we've been targeted by a God of Time in addition to having to battle this Kezef?"

Wolfe: "We couldn't go ask Euron and Westra's God for help, or would that cause even more problems because of your history?"

Dr. Wicker: "This conversation is.. um.. so unscientific..."

Shar: "I am not familiar with this Jghara. She let out a horrible horrible laugh. Somehow it sounded like a cry. The Watcher will not intercede."

Wolfe: "...Gotchya, yeah, I see your point, given his name..."

Westra: "Where is Mask being held?"

Dr. Wicker: "I'm .. sorry. Shouldn't more ..uh.. important people... be handling this matter?"

Shar: "Talona, Sseth, or Zehir might be able to help, though I prefer not to interact with them....for obvious reasons."

Euron: "I don't know that there are any more important people, Doctor. Not to mention...we'd have to get them up to speed."
"Handling this ourselves at least ensures that we can see it through."

Dr. Wicker: (Thats not nice to call Westra that)
(( i mean wolfe)

Wolfe: Wolfe is waiting for Shar to answer Westra's question

Westra: "What people, Doctor?" Westra asks, looking to the blonde. "The Regulators apparently do not exist at the moment, and if what she says is true," she paused to nod towards Shar, "then only mortals can free Mask. And I know of none more competent nor powerful than the brothers-at-arms standing here with me."
"Perhaps you most of all," she adds, with a little smile to the doc.

Shar: "He is being held in Banehold."

Euron: "That is an ominous name."

Westra: "May I assume that is not a place on the material plane?"

Shar: "Its not as impressive as it sounds. Lava and caverns."

Wolfe: "Where is it?"

Shar: "Correct, it is in the outer planes. But traversing the planes is of no concern."

Wolfe: "Well, we're not exactly planeswalkers. How do we get there?"

Shar: She lets out a laugh, and your stomachs lurch.

Wolfe: Wolfe grabs at his belly.

Dr. Wicker: The hologram winks out and the device returns to her belt.

Shar: "Take a moment to catch your breath, I forget you mortals need time to recuperate."

Euron: Euron is still rather beat up. He attempts to heal himself.

Shar: She extenders her hands. "I am not as powerful here, but I can refresh your wounds." Black energies surround each of you, invigorating your. Everyone gains the benefit of a long rest.

Wolfe: Wolfe takes a deep breath as he feels exceedingly better!
End Session 54

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
Session 55

Dungeon Lord: The Watch finds themselves again in another realm, this one far different than the dark, colorless land of the Shadowlands. The scent of sulfur burns their noses and the dry hot air chaps their lips and burns their eyes. Before the group stands a cave with glowing runs around the entrance, the Dark Lady stands ahead of you at the entrance.

Wolfe: "Wait, you lost the Shadow Docs!?" Wolfe turns to Cat, her latest admission striking him as a thing to be concerned about.

Westra Goldbrook: "I am sorry for any loss you may feel, but honestly I cannot say that I mind if those... specters... are gone. They always struck me as something patently unholy."

Dr Catriona: "I think this is a conversation at a less... um.. inopportune time."

Shar:  Shar ignores the groups ramblings and looks at the runes sealing the cavern. "A simple enough warding incantation, I can break it, but the beast will likely be alerted."

Wolfe: "Bring it on. I prefer a straight fight."

Dr Catriona: "Uh.. aren't we supposed to avoid it?"

Shar:  "You cannot hope to battle him." She draws a blade of pure black energies. "I will attempt to keep him distracted."

Wolfe: Wolfe isn't sure he agrees, but just nods

Westra Goldbrook: "To be clear, then," Westra says, stepping towards Shar. "Our only goal here is to free his prisoner?"

Shar:  She nods. "Once he is free, we can bind and banish the beast back to the abyss from whence it has come."

Dr Catriona: "And indeterminable after effects to follow." she says, almost to herself.

Wolfe: He looks back to Cat and offers an almost imperceptible nod.

Euron Sand: Euron did not like this plan. It felt like there was something major missing, something that they should be seeing.
"How do we know that we can even break the spell holding Mask?"

Shar:  "I attempted to free Mask several days past, I was able to undo several of his bindings, but the beast, Kezef has placed an incantation that can only be broken by several powerful mortal spellcasters." She nods towards Euron, Cat, and Westra. "A a wry gambit. Mortals do not exist here, and naught but fools would venture to place such as this."

Westra Goldbrook: "Fools, or those brought by gods who do not bother with asking permission," Westra countered, wryly.

Euron Sand: "Yes. Naught but fools and gods." Euron said, wondering if there was a difference.

Westra Goldbrook: "But we are here, now," she said, before rolling her neck to crack it. "Let us see if we can end this threat to our land."

Wolfe: Wolfe looks at Westra, and Euron, wondering who the eff sasses a God.

Shar:  She doesn't seem to notice, or at least doesn't acknowledge. "Prepare yourselves." Coming from the Lady of Loss, a heavy weight of foreboding seems to accompany it.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra whispers a word of power, and casts a spell about herself.

Euron Sand:

Shar:  The Black Lady draws on dark energies, seeming to pull shadows from every corner within vision. A moment later she postures forward and dark energy shoots from her outstretched arm, hitting an invisible barrier at the cavern mouth. After several seconds a small puff of smoke appears and her energy ceases. Very anticlimactic. "The barrier is broken."

Euron Sand: Euron casts a spell on himself as well, just in case.

Westra Goldbrook: "Then let us proceed."

Wolfe: Wolfe draws his sword.

Dr Catriona: She dials the buttons of her peacoat to Iron-Doc it up. -2 pp

Wolfe: That catches a look from Wolfe, raising a bushy eyebrow. "Doc, you never cease to amaze."

Dr Catriona:

Shar:  Shar walks forward to the split in the tunnel, she seems unaffected by the dark. "His pets are here. I can sense him not far. You should go North."

Dr Catriona: Wolfe only gets a half smile for a split second before the face plate encloses over her youthful visage.
GroupInit:
Doctor Wicker
13
Euron Sand
7
Wolfe
13
GIZMO-5
17
Westra Goldbrook
10

Dungeon Lord: A howl that chills you to the very core echos down the halls of the cavern.

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: Gizmo dodges.

It is Shar's turn   

Iron-Doc: (it looks different in the map)

Dungeon Lord:

Iron-Doc: "Where did she go?"

Dungeon Lord: She slides forward and dispatches one shadow beast. Its body falls limp and begins to smolder.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe:

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Wolfe delivers a quick pair of slashes as he moves up to start clearing the way.

Iron-Doc: She creates a realistic holographic illusion in the distance, via the Phantasmitron!
A human knight type figure!

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Iron-Doc: Minor Illusion

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Iron-Doc: "That green atmospheric anomaly may have restorative effects to the malivores." says the robot lookin lady.

Wolfe: "What!?" Wolfe yells over his shoulder while fighting the Shadow Monsters. "Common!?"

Westra Goldbrook: Westra follows, and starts to lay into one of the shadow beasts.
"It may... what?" she called over one shoulder, frowning

Iron-Doc: (yeah)

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand: Euron calls first for the aid of Helm!

Iron-Doc: "That is so neat." says the tin canned scientist at Euron's weapon magic.

Wolfe: Wolfe nods in admiration of magic sword, because he likes them, after all.

Euron Sand: Then Euron moves forward,d drawing his mace and attacks the green mist!

Dungeon Lord: The mist seems to give no bother's to Euron as his mace passes through it sending it swirling.
Round 2

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

Euron Sand: (end Turn)

Dungeon Lord:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

GIZMO-5:
To Wolfe.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Shar's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

GIZMO-5: The clockwork owl wobbles as it makes due with the low ceiling, evading rock outcrops and such but still drops a phlorescent paint pellet that bursts against the shadow monster for Wolfe.

Wolfe:

Iron-Doc: (Advantage on the first)

Wolfe:
26
50
17

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: She stomps forward, leaving tracks and aims he gauntleted arm.

Wolfe: Wolfe delivers a pummeling to the shadow monster in front, seeming revitalized by laying the smackdown on its candy ass!

Iron-Doc:

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dungeon Lord: The firebolt burns up the mist with a sizzle.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

Iron-Doc: "Atmospheric anomaly, terminated."

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:
Westra swings again at the shadow beast nearest her, though the sudden gout of flame suddenly eating away the nearby fog surprises her and leaves her off-balance with her attacks.

Westra Goldbrook 's turn has ended!

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand: Euron moves toward the other shadow monster and attacks!
rolling 1d20 +9
(4)+9= 13
Round 3

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc:
Gizmo paints the target for Wolfe.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dungeon Lord: Another howl echos in the caverns. Everyone make a DC 14 Wisdom save.

It is Shar's turn   


Dungeon Lord: Westra steadies the group with her presence, though the Doc is a bit out of range. As the fear overtakes her, she catches sight of the paladin and feels Westra's inspiring presence steady her.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc:

Wolfe: The Samurai delivers three quick slashes, the first especially brutal thanks to GIZMO-5's insights!

Dungeon Lord:

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:
after the doctor's attack, Westra steps between her and the beast and attacks it.

Westra Goldbrook 's turn has ended!

Dungeon Lord: She strikes true on all three attacks.

Iron-Doc: Her servos whir and click as she advances to a proper position for a neural destabilization ray.

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand: "FOR HELM!"
Euron strikes at the shadow beast, one of the creatures responsible for the end of Jonias and Jinharath, and brings his mace down upon the creature's skull.
His spirit weapon slashes at the creature's flank and renders it destroyed. "Go back to the shadow from whence you came."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra stands upright and pauses, watching in muted admiration as the cleric of Helm goes all THOU SHALT NOT on the beast's shadowy ass.

Dungeon Lord: The two beasts fall their bodies smoldering in the heat of the cavern. As they rest their black hide turns into short, rust-red fur and they become more canine like.
Round 4

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Wolfe gives a solid nod as they dispatch the two sentries. "Good work. Let's get moving while the Goddess has bought us some time."

Westra Goldbrook: "Agreed."

GIZMO-5: Gizmo sees 3 bogies.
AND WORSE

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Westra Goldbrook: When Gizmo starts beeping and whirring, Westra pauses. She looks back towards the others, but can't see them in this blasted darkness.

Iron-Doc: "Unidentified large creature to the east...."
"And uh... three of the malivores to our north, clustered together."

Dungeon Lord: A huge mastiff with unearthly malevolent red eyes and a ratty tail is blasted back by a shadow bolt. Maggots teemed in his fur, which made the coat shift incessantly over barely covered sinews and bones. His flesh oozed like pus and his paws left burning prints in the ground that spread into pools of burning ichor in his wake. Pointed teeth glittered like daggers of jet in the light. His blood was a dark, corrosive, liquid ooze, and he radiated a pestilent aura of decay. The reek of a stench of ancient death fills your nostrils.
GroupInit:
Wolfe
16
Iron Doc™
20
Westra Goldbrook
8
Euron Sand
17
GIZMO-5
7

Wolfe: Wolfe takes a deep breath and resists the urge to cough, seeing the source of all of this insanity.

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Iron-Doc: The satellite dish expands from the Iron Doc's back and aims in a direction. Then it warbles the air with invisible thought distrupting psychic energy.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over at Cat and her sudden vibration-warefare, truly amazed.

Euron Sand: Euron whispers an incantation in Celestial and looks to Woolfe, Westra, and the Doctor.

Iron-Doc: "Nerts... I need to seriously recalibrate some things." Beat,. "Massive unidentified target remains..."

Wolfe: A Mario-Brothers sound comes from Wolfe when he becomes blessed with Helm's aid.

Euron Sand: Euron then moves into Westra's inspirational aura and he readies himself to deal with the eastern threat
It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Iron-Doc: "Incoming!"

Dungeon Lord: The shadow monster jumps at Euron.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra is surprised by the sudden emergence of the beast from the darkness, and though she swings it it, she bears wide.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

It is Shar's turn   

Wolfe: Wolfe walks up and kicks the dog in the ass to get its attention and then delivers a quick cross-slash across its back

Shar:  "Darkness take you abomination." She leaps towards the hound and several black daggers begin to swirl around her body, before they both disappear.

It is Spiritual Weapon's turn   
Gavin

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Shar:  4

Westra Goldbrook:

Shar:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:
Westra takes a time out to fan Euron with her halberd.
rolling 1d4
(2)= 2
rolling 1d4
(1)= 1

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

GIZMO-5 Helps Euron.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Kezef's turn   

Kezef: An deep rumbling growl echos from the darkness. "I will consume you Shar, as soon as I finish with Mask. Your despair smells so delicious."

Westra Goldbrook:

GIZMO-5: "That does not sound... ideal.."

Iron-Doc: "That does not sound... ideal.."

Kezef:

Wolfe: Wolfe growls as he stands firm with his allies, knowing that as long as they stick together they can face anything - even a weird maggot dog that eats Gods.

Kezef:

Iron-Doc: (Shar be scared tho)

Kezef:
Kezef bites down on Shar, but she disappears a moment after his teeth close around her. He follows her down the hallway.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Kezef: 1

Westra Goldbrook:

Dungeon Lord: The last monster charges at Euron.
Round 2

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Westra Goldbrook: Westra whacks it on the nose with the flat of her blade, trying to throw it off of its charge!

Iron-Doc:

Dungeon Lord:

Iron-Doc: (?)

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Iron-Doc: She plunges the Staff of Night into the creatures roaring mouth and BLASTS a torrent of ice, freezing the initial creature solid.

Euron Sand: Euron attacks again!

Iron-Doc: Catriona, with some difficulty, pulls the staff free, cracking the jaw off the frozen corpse. "Whoa." she says, having never used it before.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over at WAR-DOC and then turns to deal with the other shadow beast. "Cool."

Iron-Doc: "Quite literally."

Wolfe:
1

Iron-Doc: (wait.. doesnt Euron get advantage)

It is Shar's turn   

Shar:  Shar pulls the beast further down the tunnel.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe:

Dungeon Lord:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:
rolling 1d4
(2)= 2

Iron-Doc: "I am getting a telepathic missive from what sounds like Shar. She said she drew him away or is in the process of such and that the portal is just ahead."

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: "Guess it's time to finish this up."

GIZMO-5: Gizmo lands on IronDoc's shoulder and seems to somehow integrate with one of the mechanical pauldrons. It's eyes turn red and it triangulates a targeting laser on one of the creatures (Help on Doc).

Euron Sand: "Now we just have to find this prison that Mask is in."

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Shar:  A massive explosion bursts from the tunnel that Shar and Kezef just moved into. Dark shards of energy blast against the north wall sending rocks flying in every direction.

It is Kezef's turn   

Shar:

Iron-Doc: "Prison is what I meant. There is an abundance of interference."

Shar:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Shar:
Round 3

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: Bringing both her arms up, vents articulate from her wrists. Large touts of blue flame fire forth.

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Iron-Doc: Ice for one, Fire for another.

Euron Sand: Euron touches the Watcher's Eye and casts a spell on his friends.

Iron-Doc: The searing line of blue fire hyperboils the creatures blood, causing it to ignite for a moment before parts of it crack open and burst like an over-boiled egg.

Euron Sand:
His spirtual weapon attacks the remaining Shadow monsters!

Iron-Doc: "We should not waste any time." announces the robolady.
Again as the beasts fall, their bodies begin to smolder, their hide turns into rust red fur. The sounds of the ongoing battle to the south echo. The deep growls and chomping of teeth followed by the sounds of explosive power being unleased.

Wolfe: As soon as Euron dispatches the last Shadow Monster he rushes forward to find the prison.

Dungeon Lord: As you round the corner, a glowing red sphere hovers on a runed alter. Four more beasts stand guard around it.
The runs glow with a deep red power.

Iron-Doc: "Four more contacts spotted."

Wolfe: "Here we go..." Wolfe nods and takes a breath. "Go time."

GroupInit:
Wolfe
3
Westra Goldbrook
9
GIZMO-5
8
Iron Doc™
7
Euron Sand
7

Dungeon Lord: They rush forward, their teeth gnashing.

Westra Goldbrook:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord: 2
He attacks Wolfe!

Dungeon Lord:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord: 3
He charges to Euron!

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

GIZMO-5: Help on Wolfe.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

GIZMO-5: (Sorry, on EURON)

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand: Euron brings his mace down upon the creature that attacked him!

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Euron Sand: Euron lifts his shield and readies himself for the next attack from the creature!


Iron-Doc: 2 damage to the one in front of me and prone, and 1 damage to the one behind it.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord: Finally one for Westra.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Round 2

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord: To Westra!

Westra Goldbrook: Westra is knocked down!

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe: Wolfe delivers some assbeating to the Shadow Monster that is prone, carving into it with the magical katana - but its dark nature makes it resilient to the killing blow!

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe:

Dungeon Lord:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook: Westra stands up
And swings at the beast attacking Euron

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

GIZMO-5: Gizmo helps Doc.

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand: Euron reaches out to lay a hand on Wolfe. "Breathe easy, friend."

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: With Gizmo's targeting assistance, Iron-Doc takes a knee and aims her wrist. She is firing a ranged cantrip into melee, but staves off the disadvantage due to the Help.
She twists a nob to wide, short burst and blasts a cloud of blue fire into the face of the creature before her.
It goes flying into the wall, splintering to cindering bones and shadowstuffs.

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dungeon Lord:

Westra Goldbrook:

Dungeon Lord:

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   
1
1
Round 3

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook:
rolling 1d4
(2)= 2
rolling 1d4
(4)= 4

Westra Goldbrook:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

GIZMO-5: Gizmo will help action on Euron

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand:

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc:

It is Shadow Monster's turn   

Dungeon Lord: 1

Iron-Doc: The metal woman brushes past Wolfe. "Coming through..." and takes a position and fires flame at the creature.

Dungeon Lord: The creature doesn't like being set on fire and jumps at her.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Round 4

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn
The last creature falls into smoldering remains.

Iron-Doc: As the blue light dies from her attack she makes a surprised-robot motion as it jumps at her, slashing through the armor.

Dungeon Lord: Another howl that chills you to the bone echos from behind.

Iron-Doc: "Tarnation!"

Dungeon Lord: The red orb of energy swirls on the stone alter of runes, visage of a hooded figure floating inside.

Euron Sand: "All right. I guess we should figure out how to undo this..." Euron said, looking around the area for any traps.

Dungeon Lord: The exact meaning of the runes seems unclear to the group, though the fact that the sphere is being used for containment is clear.

Euron Sand: "So...any ideas? This isn't anything I've seen before."

Westra Goldbrook: "perhaps if we disrupt the runes?"
She tips her halberd down and scratches at one of them, trying to gauge whether the field is affected even slighty.

Wolfe: "Not really, I'm not very knowledgeable about Gods and the stuff you'd need to hold them."

Iron-Doc: "Prisoner, Identify yourself...please." says the robotic woman.

Wolfe: "Something we didn't talk about earlier, but maybe we should now - what if Shar isn't telling us the truth?"

Dungeon Lord: The hooded figure seems unable or unwilling to respond.

Iron-Doc: "It sounded like she said we have to overload it with mortal energy..."

Dungeon Lord: The sounds of continued battle echo down the hallways.

Westra Goldbrook: "Those shadow creatures we just fought seemed connected to the darkness on our plane. Even if the goddess had some ulterior motive, it seems likely that helping to defeat this Kezef will only help our cause."
She paused, and cast the Doctor an uncertain look. "Mortal energy? How do you mean?"
"Oh, spellcasting, she said," she recalled.

Euron Sand: "Yes, if we exped our spellcasting energy, we can weaken the bindings holding him. But I don't know how much we need to use. It could be a little. It could be all of it."

Iron-Doc: "While I initially found her claims dubious, this Kezef boasted earlier about keeping Mask imprisoned, so this must be him..."

Euron Sand: "We could leave ourselves defenseless if things turn badly."

Iron-Doc: "Mister Wolfe would protect us." she says in a bout of mildly black humor.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra snorts softly.

Wolfe: Wolfe raises an eyebrow at Westra. "What, you don't think I could?"
"You guys go ahead." He draws Shokan and turns to face the staircase. "I got it covered."

Iron-Doc: The faceplate of the armor flips up on its own, showing her countenance in the ruby orange illumination of the dark cavern.

Westra Goldbrook: She gives Wolfe a half-cocked grin.

Euron Sand: "All right, then lets get to work." Euron said, moving to one side of the trap.

Iron-Doc: "I um.. hope our legacy doesn't end up being that we released an evil deity to wreak havoc." she says with a sigh.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra nodded at Euron, and then closed her eyes for a moment, centering herself.

Euron Sand: Euron took a deep and focused, expending the strongest portion of his power first.
(6th Level Spell)

Westra Goldbrook: The doctor's words give her pause and she opens her eyes, considering the trapped being. After a moment's consideration, her reluctance to release evil into the world is momentarily assuaged by the thought that, if possible, Kezef seemed more evil than the god of thieves. She summoned the divine power granted by Helm, and worked in concert with the others to expend her magic on the prison before her. ((3rd Level))

Iron-Doc: Taking a stance, Iron-Doc has mechanical extra supports sprout from her calves and dig into the ground around each leg to further anchor her in place. The ring of light on her chest cycles up with psychokinetic energy.
Her faceplate drops down and she unleashes a cone of rippling white energy into the shield after the others do.
(Psionic Blast, 7 pp)

Dungeon Lord: The encasement continues to swirl but the power in the room seems lessen as the first two spellcasters pour their energies into the runes. Several shutter and go dark.

Wolfe: Wolfe patrols along the bottom stair, taking slow breaths as he focuses his pain into his anger into his focus. He repeats his katas to himself, the mantras of a Samurai, and waits.

Dungeon Lord: The doctor's energies burst towards the prison and several more runes go out, nearly two thirds of the runes have gone dormant.

Iron-Doc: "More power!"

Dungeon Lord: A blast of dark energy flies into a nearby wall from further down on the tunnel, suddenly the beast is pushed back by what appears to be Shar's magic.

Euron Sand: Euron concentrates and calls upon Helm for further strength! (4th Level Spell)

Westra Goldbrook: Westra continues in reverent concentration, expending more energy into the outpouring. ((3rd Level))

Iron-Doc: "It's coming!" she yells as Gizmo FREAKS out and flies into the room.

GIZMO-5 crashes into the wall and topples to the ground before sitting up and shaking free the dizzy stars.

Iron-Doc: A whir of magic emits from the Doctor as she overloads the central emitter on her chest and pours another torrent of energy into the shield.

Wolfe: Wolfe narrows his eyes at the oncoming god-devourer. He takes a slow breath, knowing that his life may soon be forfeit. But in the defense of his friends? Those whom he considers family? Well. It would be a good death.

Iron-Doc: 7 pp

Dungeon Lord: With the second round of spells, the prison ripples before it falls away, again in a very anticlimactic fashion. The hooded figure falls to the ground, limp.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra blinks.
"This... may be problematic..." she says, hesitantly.
She reaches out for the fallen god, and attempts to revive him.

Kezef: A deep growling voice fills the chamber. "You have freed him."

Euron Sand: "Only if he wants to kill us, really."

Wolfe: "Seems that way."

Iron-Doc: IronDoc slumps as her her heat sinks glow with red hot energy.

Westra Goldbrook:

Kezef: "Very good."

Westra Goldbrook: Trying to ignore the fear rising in her at finding Mask dead, Westra moves on instinct and casts a spell against all odds.

Euron Sand: Euron checks Mask.

Iron-Doc: "Why is that very .. uh.. good?"

Dungeon Lord: Kezef's form begins to recede, turning human.

Iron-Doc: "We have other.. problems." she says to those concerned with Mask.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra closes her eyes and invests all of her effort into trying to grab Mask back from the far edge of death.

Ryder: "You kids sure do know how to party." The man says. "Though I would stay away from him...his bite is much worse than his bark, Sugar."

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes narrow.
"Who the fuck are you?"

Ryder: "You remind me of some other kids I used to know."

Dungeon Lord: The Mask's body fades away and where it once lay Kezef stood. His rotting body almost overwhelming Westra and Euron.

Iron-Doc: "...where is Lady Shar?"
End Session 55

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2019, 11:04:44 AM »
Session 56

Dungeon Lord: Darkness. Deities. Titans. The Watch is far away from home, and out of their league. What could drive deities to have an interest in such a group of individuals? The sounds of explosions and fighting vanished a moment prior, and the winds through the tunnel began to blow softly as the scene unfolded around the Watch. A beautiful (and shirtless) man stood before Wolfe, having transformed from a visage of Kezef the Chaos Hound just moments before. Likewise, the recently freed 'Mask' was revealed to be the true titan of Chaos.

Wolfe: "What the fuck is going on here?"

Iron-Doc: The mechanized voice of the suited doctor replies with. "Double cross. We should evacuate."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra, unable to see much with her terrible, human eyes, peers into the darkness and also wonders what the fuck is going on here.

Cyric: He walked towards Wolfe and clapped his hands together softly several times in mock applause before placing one on the Orc's shoulder. "Splendid job. All of you. But, I would move away from such a beast ladies. Even immortals fear The Chaos Hound."

Westra Goldbrook: "Who is it? Who's there?"

Wolfe: Wolfe slaps away the hand of the shirtless guy who just looked like a giant god-eating maggot-wolf. "Who the fuck are you?"

Cyric: "I quite like Ryder, let's go with that one."

Wolfe: "Ryder..." Wolfe's nose crinkles up. "So you were Kezef? Or you're Mask?"

Iron-Doc: She sends Gizmo to locate an exit if possible.

Cyric: The man let out a chuckle. "Quite confused are you?"

Westra Goldbrook: As her eyes adjust again to the low light of the cavern, Westra realizes the "god" beside her is now the demonic hound. She backs away from it, then looks back to Wolfe and the others with a concerned expression.
"What is the meaning of this?"

Kezef: The great beast began to growl low and deep.

Wolfe: "Little bit, yeah."

Westra Goldbrook: "Was that not the Lady of Sorrow who sought our aid?"
"Are you not Mask?"

Cyric: "Give a moment, the dog seems a big hungry." The man gave Wolfe a million dollar smile as he continued to pace around. "Lady Shar should with us soon, but first, our new friend is surely hungry." He pulled a black weapon from his back, tendrils of power emanating from its blade. "This is Mask My Dear."
He flourished the blade in the air. "I believe this is a taste you have had before, Kezef. I am told a dog never forgets a smell."

Shar:  Shar approached from behind and remained silent as Ryder continued speaking.

Kezef: The dog let out a low rumble. "Maaaassssssk." He paced a few steps towards the newcomer. "I will finish him after I consume you, Lord of Lies."

Wolfe: "What is going on..." Wolfe turns toward Shar, then gesturing to the shirtless-guy. "Who is this guy? Is he one of yours? Why did he and Kezef swap places?"
Wolfe notices where he's standing and moves up a step.

Cyric:
"Give me just a moment my simple minded friend, before the dog tries to eat one of us."
He waved a finger. "That's a bad dog. No treats for you." He let out a long sigh. "No appreciation for all the work I went through to free you?"

Westra Goldbrook: Westra quietly channels enough focus to heal herself while she watches.
((Lay on Hands))

Wolfe: "Who you calling simple-minded, leather-pants?"

Euron Sand: "That is Cyric...." He says in a hushed tone, though its likely still loud enough for everyone to hear.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra

Iron-Doc: "My threat prediction algorithms have a recommendation of Evacuate at over %1300 percent."

Westra Goldbrook: 's eyes widen

Iron-Doc: *1,300%

Kezef: He continued to growl and approach.

Wolfe:
Wolfe looks to Shar to see if she's going to clear things up at all.

Cyric: "Fine, if you won't be a good dog, you will get the lash." A second sword appeared in his other hand, this on gleamed with blood red metal.

Westra Goldbrook: "Why free it only to kill it?" she asked the approaching god, taking a step back as she did so

Shar:  "As I said, we needed you mortals to break the bonds." She says to Wolfe.

Wolfe: "For Mask, not for Kezef."

Kezef: The dog let out a much more sinister growl and moved to pounce on the man, though he did not leap. "You will die for this Cyric. I will consume your essence for a millennia while you writhe in agony."

Wolfe: Figuring he's been lied to, and that Kezef is saying it'll take him a thousand years to consume the shirtless guy who seems to be laughing it up at his 'simple-minded' expense, Wolfe decides on action. The Samurai charges forward to shoulder-charge Cyric into Kezef.

Iron-Doc: "That sounds really unpleasant."

Cyric: The man let out a deep, boisterous chuckle. "Now there's a good dog. Go lay down."

Cyric: Wolfe was certain he was on target, yet somehow he found himself charging right past the shirtless man.

Westra Goldbrook: "Wolfe!" Westra shouts, moving towards the half-orc, but too late.

Cyric: "Oh. That is embarrassing."

Wolfe: Wolfe stumbles. "Not as embarrassing as being a skinny little fuck with your shirt off!"

Cyric: "I like you Buddy. You remind me of another half orc I grew quite fond of. But there is no need to linger here, lest we are forced to deal with the ire of Bane. And no one wants that. Shall we depart, Lady Shar?"

Wolfe: Wolfe will attack Cyric.

Westra Goldbrook: Unsure of what else to do, Westra tries to restrain Cyric
"Stop! We would have answers!"

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   

Westra Goldbrook:

Wolfe:

Cyric: 2
Wolfe finds himself paralyzed.

Wolfe: Wolfe's sword hangs in mid air, just as he had drawn it to deliver a savage assault!

Cyric: He looks to Westra. "Oh, we weren't going to leave you all here in such a dangerous place. What kind of gratitude would that show?"

Iron-Doc: The armored suit is relatively motionless in the dark while the woman inside watches these people lose their minds.

Cyric: "If these two are quite done, shall we go?" He looks to Westra and Wolfe and then Doc and Euron.
"Lady Shar, if you will."

Westra Goldbrook: Seeing Cyric continue to move, Westra releases the spell.

Shar:  "As you wish."

Iron-Doc: (kezef mount dlc)

Westra Goldbrook: "Are you truly Kezef?" she asks the dog, frowning

Kezef: Kezef watches the red blade in Cyric's hand never moving closer to it as the man walks around.
"I am the Chaos Hound, Dog of Death, Consumer of the Faithful."

Shar:  Shar begins casting a spell, those that noticed, would recognize the same spell she cast to bring them here.

Wolfe: Wolfe is released from Westra's spell, exhaling in frustration. Thinking it was Ryder slash Cyric's magic, he sheathes his blade.

Cyric: "Your green friend is much safer than you are near him, I must warn you. I feel the Watchers power in you and Kezef quiet enjoys the taste of good deities."

Dungeon Lord: A moment later, the watch is teleported for the THIRD time in as many hours. The same lurch returns.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra stumbles slightly, and upon righting herself looks about, frowning. Where in the realm were they now?

Dungeon Lord: The Watch lands with a thud on ridiculously soft carpet that runs down the middle of what is obviously a throne room. Pillars raise up to a ceiling that is at least 100 feet tall. Sitting on a throne of black iron is the shirtless man, though much larger now.

Iron-Doc: There is a clank of metal as the hardened faceplate pulls back and the bespectacled blonde's visage appears as she takes a breath of hopefully better air.

Cyric: "Welcome to Pandamonium!" He let out a great chuckle. "Those passports are really getting stamped today!"

Wolfe: Wolfe falls heavily, groaning on the ground for a moment as he lets loose a soft string of curses before he starts to get to his feet.

Westra Goldbrook:

Dungeon Lord: As he laughs, all of you can feel the edge of madness creeping against your minds. Something isn't right in this place.

Westra Goldbrook: "Why are we here?"

Cyric: He taps his chin. "That is a pickle. You see, so many events have transpired and untranspired." He laughed. "I am just not quite sure what do with you."

Wolfe: Wolfe dusts himself off. "How about telling us What. The Fuck. Is Going. On!"

Westra Goldbrook: "Why would you not simply return us to the material plane? You've had your ruse, we broke the seal you needed broken. Why else would you detain us?"
"Also..." she glances at Wolfe. "That."

Cyric: "On one hand I owe you thanks, we could not have done this without you." He clapped softly. "I have a new pet, and I appreciate you!"

Iron-Doc: "I have a... umm a suggestion... Open a gateway to Neverwinter, leave it open for two minutes while you ..um.. turn around and conduct your business?"

Cyric: He sighs. "Where to even begin my green skinned friend."
"Destroying Mystra was the easy part of breaking that seal. Lady of Mysteries. HA!"

Wolfe: Wolfe sighs and looks for a chair.

Westra Goldbrook: "UNtranspired?" she echoes, belatedly. "Was it you who altered time?"

Cyric: "Oh ho ho! Now she is intrigued." He smiled at Shar who was clearly enjoying this as much as Wolfe.
"If only I had such a power. The pesky thing about Chronos, unless you completely consume his essence, he can just undo your entire elaborate plan. Trust me, I have tried."
"Though that Chronomancer may be something to take an interest in afterwards."

Westra Goldbrook: "After what?" Westra asked, growing frustrated. "What do you want with us?"

Cyric: "What do I want with you? I owe you! What would you like me to do for you?!" He gives Westra a big smile. "Just a free ride home? I feel as though that is insufficient."
He picked up on his earlier thread. "Pulling Gond's chain from the plane was difficult though it took more strength than brains. Anachytr's seal, though!" He shook his head and pointed into the air for a moment. "Proved to be the most cumbersome of them all. Only through the will of mortals could it be broken! The damned genius of it!" He let out a smile and shook his head relishing.

Westra Goldbrook:
"Just. Passage. Home."

Cyric: "Boring!"

Shar:  "Stop toying with them Cyric and let us be rid of them."

Wolfe: "Just like this conversation."

Cyric: "Wait! Wait! The best part!. I couldn't even FORCE a mortal to do it, the drive of them was part of the binding! It is hard enough to find someone in that forsaken place, let alone those that would be here willing to break a seal containing any kind of divine being." Leaned back in his throne.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks around the room.
He had sensed that there was something wrong here, that something was clawing at the walls, like a bad storm barely kept from getting in.
The Half-Orc looked about, trying to get a sense of the chamber and the ways in and out of it.
Getting up, he starts walking around.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra sees Wolfe looking towards the door. "Wolfe," she admonishes. "We cannot leave on our own, lest madness take us."
"That is the peril of this plane."

Euron Sand: What. Is. This. Madness?
Euron can't believe how they've been duped but it seems that they have been. Euron looks around trying to understand what is happening.

Shar:  "Destroy them and be done with it."

Iron-Doc: "The Captain is correct. Finding a way home in this plane may prove an insurmountable task and particularly regretful if we can um.. get a proper portal."

Cyric: "I like them! And they kind of erased my old crew. Emperor and all."

Shar:  She just stares at the man on the throne.

Cyric: He sighs. "Can't just have a little fun. Work work work." The man stands. "Dog. Eat."

Kezef: The dog gets to his feet and lets out a growl.

Wolfe: Wolfe will try to shoulder-charge the door.

Iron-Doc: Theres a klank as the Doc's faceplate falls into place.
"Maybe we don't have a choice, however, Captain..." says the mechanized voice.

Dungeon Lord: The door does not budge.

Wolfe:

Westra Goldbrook: Westra takes Euron's hand, her eyes lowered, and murmurs, "Father Sand, pray with me." She tried to ignore the threat in the room for the moment, believing that the divine intervention of another god was the only way to survive their predicament.

Wolfe: Wolfe tries to kick the door open again.

Dungeon Lord: It looks like a door, but doesn't seem to open like one.

Westra Goldbrook: If Euron agrees, Westra will close her eye and pray fervently but quietly to the Watcher for deliverance.

Euron Sand: Euron nods and bows his head to pray with Westra.

Wolfe: "Fuck this place." Wolfe mutters softly and in aggravation as he turns and starts walking back angrily toward the three dieties.

Euron Sand: Euron begins to pray quietly in Celestial. "O Mighty Helm, I speak to you now, here at our hour of greatest need. Our enemies are powerful. Our need is great. The world that we protect, that we love, is in danger. Your sons and daughters ask for you aid."
rolling 1d100
(71)= 71


Dungeon Lord: A powerful feeling overcomes Euron as Westra's energies also flow into him helping channel the spell. Someone is watching, though he cannot feel the familiar eyes of The Watcher.

Kezef: "Tyr." The guttural tones of the Dog echo through the halls. He bares his teeth and the maggots on his frame swarm.

Lathander: "Cyric. It was foolish of you return here. You will pay for the murder of Lady Mystra." A powerful and commanding voice echos from the south end of the hall.

Dungeon Lord: An instant later three massive beings are shot down from the ceiling in radiant beams of light.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra backs up, trying to get out of the line of sight between the two troupes of gods. She nudges the doctor and cleric to do the same.

Dungeon Lord: A woman stood in a near transparent red gown, her lips matching fabric and her eyes shining like emeralds. Wolfe found himself instantly infatuated with the woman upon laying eyes on her.

Iron-Doc: *"Oh I do not find this ideal at all." says the mechanized doctor, moving towards a wall.

Wolfe: Wolfe turns towards the sudden new arrivals, his jaw dropping for a moment as he mouths words of not-understanding and lack of comprehension.

Dungeon Lord: The man speaking had radiant wings on his ruby plate armor and carried a massive, energy tipped spear. The ast man carried a glowing longsword, and wore plate as well, though his right hand was missing and black emptiness revealed itself from his eye sockets.

Euron Sand: Euron turns to see where those voices are coming from. When he sees them, Euron smiles.
"I think things are no longer in Cyric's favor."
"Not completely, anyway."

Cyric: "Didn't you guys hear? I got a new pet!" He stood and pulled both weapons out. "Do you really want to do this?" He smiled. "Here?"

Tyr:  "The beast will fall with you."

Sune: "I will protect the mortals."

Wolfe: "Hey! Give me a god-slaying sword and I'll take care of leather-pants, no problem!"
GroupInit:
GIZMO-5
2
Euron Sand
19
Iron Doc™
17
Wolfe
11
Westra Goldbrook
11

Iron-Doc: "The best way to protect us is to send us back to the Prime!"

Wolfe: "OR GOD-KILLING SWORD."

Lathander: "I shall get you one of his, fool-hearty mortal!"

Cyric: "Not happening!"

Euron Sand: "I'd rather not wait on the Prime Material for the end to come!"

Cyric: Cyric holds his blades up. "If you wish to feel Godsbane, so be it Lathander."

It is Lathander's turn   

Iron-Doc: Catriona doesn't know who she wants to win, given that these fancy gold deities might realize they were the cause of this catastrophe and smite them or worse.

Cyric:

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand:
Westra, Wolfe, Doc

Cyric: All three of the original deities are bladed with Lathander's strike.

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: The doctor moves and shelters behind cover. As her bonus action, she converts 5 pp to a 3rd level spell slot.
Then she Dodges.

It is Sune's turn   

Sune: "Twilight and Dawn, protect our friends!" Sune channels her power and two unicorns appear next to Euron and Westra.

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Cyric: "Nice to see you Tyr!" He lets out a laugh. "That one never gets old!"

Westra Goldbrook: Uncertain of what she can possibly do to help, but unwilling to sit idly by while good literally fought evil in front of her, the paladin summoned the holy light back into her weapon and rushed towards the action.
She hefts a javelin towards Kezef, growling in frustration!

Sune: Sune raises a hand as the spear flies through the air and holy energy envelopes the weapon. It deals an additional 13 25 radiant damage.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Kezef: The beast growls. "Sune, I am coming for you."

Wolfe: "Don't worry pretty woman, I'll protect you. God or not."

Sune: "You are so sweet!"

It is Tyr's turn   

Tyr:  "Cyric. You cannot best me. I AM THE LAW!"

Cyric: "I will be happy to put a cripple out of his misery."

It is Kezef's turn   

Cyric:

Wolfe:

Westra Goldbrook:

It is Shar's turn   

Cyric:

Euron Sand:

Cyric:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Dungeon Lord: Shar disappears and then reappears behind Lathander, striking him twice.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra is awed by the sudden surge of divine energy that envelops her javelin before it strikes. She crows internally as it bites into the hound's shape. Far from finished, she swings her halberd as the beast passes by en route to Sune and strikes true again.

GIZMO-5:
Frightened.

Wolfe: Wolfe wishes to face off against the hound, but he is distraught by its terrible appearance up-close and in fury.

GIZMO-5: GIzmo flies south by Euron.
and he dodges

GIZMO-5 ---- End of Turn ✔✔
Round 2

It is Cyric's turn   

Westra Goldbrook: Somehow, though, as the beast draws nearer, its frightful presence becomes more and more compelling. Westra loses some of her gusto, and takes a wary step back.

Cyric:

It is Lathander's turn   

Lathander: "Stand down Shar, or share their fate."
He turns to the Lady of Loss, his weapon burning bright.

Lathander:

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Shar:  She shudders at the brilliant light surrounding her. Lathander's body is as bright as the sun.

Westra Goldbrook:

Euron Sand:
(Add 5)

GIZMO-5: (Why are there random unicorns?)

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc: The armored scientist lumbers forth into a better position before she aims at Wolfe with her PEKCER. The air crackles with static as orange lightning arcs from the device, instantly connecting with the half orc and supercharging his molecules with Haste.
Then she moves back into her spot. As a bonus action, she converts 5 more pp into another 3rd level slot. Concentrating on Haste.

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

It is Sune's turn   

Wolfe: Wolfe vibrates.

Sune: "Now no tricks Cyric."

Wolfe: "IT'STIMEFORMETOLAYTHEPAINDOWNONTHESEFOOLSYEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"

Sune:

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook: In the blink of an eye, Westra finds herself inexplicably at the foot of the massive throne, with Shar's back just before her. Not stopping to think of how foolish it might be, she grits her teeth and launches herself at the Lady of Sorrows.

Tyr:  Tyr's blessing helps Westra's first strike land true and Sune enchants it with her holy power. 24

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   

Wolfe:
1

Tyr:  103+21

Wolfe: Wolfe goes into super-saiyan mode with the HASTE BOOST from Doctor Wicker and yells out like a Dragonball-Z fighter as he unloads a flurry of attacks at Cyric. "DIIIIEEELEATHERPANTSDIEYOUFUCKINGCOCKSUCKER"

Dungeon Lord: Cyric gets wrecked by Wolfe thanks to Sune's zone of truth.

It is Tyr's turn   

Tyr: 

Tyr:  Tyr brings his weapon down twice as Cyric is distracted by Wolfe.

It is Kezef's turn   

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe:

Dungeon Lord:
Sune is ripped up by Kezef.

It is Shar's turn   

Shar:  Shar disappears from sight.

Lathander: "No!" Lathander raises a hand and envelops the group with his energies.

Lathander:
25

Wolfe:
4

Euron Sand:

It is GIZMO-5's turn   
Sixxy

Wolfe: Blasted by a GOD, Wolfe nonetheless maintains maximum composure as the golden shield around him crackles but does not break!
"WHENI'MDONEWITHLEATHERPANTSI'MGONNATAKECAREOFYOUDON'TYOUWORRY"
Round 3

It is Cyric's turn   

Wolfe:

Iron-Doc: (You cant OA attack someone you cant see)

Lathander:

It is Lathander's turn   

Lathander:

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand:

Lathander: 3
Euron's arms go wide.

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc:
(Cyric)

Lathander: 2
2

Iron-Doc ---- End of Turn ✔✔

Dungeon Lord: The Doc's spell seems to target the other god in the area by mistake.

It is Sune's turn   

Iron-Doc: (It doesnt do anything anyway on a failed save so.)

Dungeon Lord:

Sune: Sune's healing energies flow across the group.

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook: Shar disappeared from before her and Lathander gave chase. Westra pushed off of the throne and followed suit, though she veers back towards Kezef to aid Sune and her steeds.

Dungeon Lord: Sune and Tyr again guide Westras second strike to hit. 19

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe:
Way of the Blade
Bonus Action: Until the end of Wolfe's curent turn he gains gains advantage to all attack rolls. He also gains 10 temporary HP.   

Dungeon Lord: 2
Wolfe's weapon strikes Euron.

Wolfe: "OHSORRYEURONIDIDN'TPUTALLIGOTINTHATONEJUSTATAPDON'TWORRYI'LLGOHITSHARINSTEAD"

Euron Sand: "Aaaagh!"

Wolfe:

It is Tyr's turn   

Dungeon Lord:
Tyr grabs Cyric and throws him back in the zone.

It is Kezef's turn   

Dungeon Lord: Cyric lands on the ground, wounded. The red blade slides across the floor to the north.

Dungeon Lord:

Wolfe: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Dungeon Lord: Kezef lunges at Cyric, his teeth sinking into the God.

Wolfe: Wolfe says really quickly so it's kind of freaky in that it just comes out as a stream of really-fast laughter.

It is Shar's turn   

Shar:  Shar sees Cyric being mauled by the beast and casts a spell.

Iron-Doc:
29

Shar:  Shar's spell is stopped.
Round 4

It is Cyric's turn   

Cyric: "Ungrateful beast!"

Iron-Doc: A small bumble bee made of clockwork uncloaks right by Shar as she speaks arcane. "Zzt." And it just explodes, disturpting her spell.
*disrupting

Cyric:

Wolfe:

It is Lathander's turn   

Cyric:

Lathander: "You will face Justice, Cyric!" Lathander drives his weapon into the god's leg, a massive tendril of light wrapping around it and tethering itself to the floor. "You will not escape again."

It is Euron Sand's turn   
Gavin

Euron Sand:
Euron brings his mace down on the back of Cyric's head right after Lathandar pins him to the floor!

It is Iron Doc™'s turn   
Sixxy

Iron-Doc:

Lathander:

Iron-Doc: 5 damage

It is Sune's turn   

It is Westra Goldbrook's turn   
phinn

Westra Goldbrook: The red blade that kept Kezef at bay clatters to the ground near Westra. Without thought, she snatched it up and slid it into her javelin quiver, intent on returning to the fight after.

It is Wolfe's turn   
RakFu

Wolfe: Wolfe kip-ups!!!

Tyr:  Sune's magic empower's one of Wolfe's attacks. 20

Wolfe: Wolfe delivers a near-deific level of smackdown onto Cyric's prone form as Sune gives him magical-oomph and he whacks the God of Lies and Murder! "TAKETHATYOUCONNIVINGLEATHERPANTSARROGANTSONOFABITCH!"

Cyric: Cyric is again ravaged by Wolfe. He rests on one knee, black blood flowing from the many wounds on his body.

It is Tyr's turn   

Tyr:  "Lady of Loss, I release you." His weapon flares with white hot light and he brings it down towards Shar.

Tyr: 

It is Kezef's turn   

Kezef: Kezef releases Cyric's mangled leg. "If they do not destroy you, I will return for my vengeance." He turns towards Westra and charges her.
A moment before his massive teeth reached the paladin, he disappeared.

It is Shar's turn   

Westra Goldbrook: Westra realized her error a little too late, and hurried to try and pull the red sword from her back. Before her mistake cost her in blood, though, the beast charging her just... disappeared. She paused, confused and wary.

Shar:  Shar drops her weapon as Tyr strikes her again. He pulls her hands up and attempts to cast another spell!

Shar:  She disappears as well.

Lathander: "You are done, Cyric."

Cyric: "Ha ha ha ha ha! You weak fools cannot kill me."

Wolfe: Wolfe tries to grab Godsbane and rip it out of Cyric's hands.

Dungeon Lord: Wolfe is able to pull Cyric's remaining weapon from his weakened grasp.

Wolfe: He then attacks Cyric with Godsbane. "WE'LLSEEABOUTTHATYOUFUCKER!"
Wolfe holds the god-murdering weapon as he tosses aside his katana. Be it rage at Cyric or the lure for power, unknownst to him, it calls his hands to rip it free from the God of Lies and Murder. Just as he lets out his shouts that he cannot be killed, Wolfe in fact drives the sword with two hands into Cyric's chest.

Wolfe: As the god-killing blade does, in fact, get turned against its wielder, Wolfe stares into the eyes of the one who orchestrated the betrayal that had, temporarily, ensnared Kezef and brought about his own destruction.
"FuckYouAndYourLeatherPants."

Cyric: "I.....will...."

Wolfe: Wolfe pulls free the blade from Cyric's chest and then with a ruthless swing decapitates him.

Tyr:  Tyr, Lathander, and Sune look at each other.

Euron Sand: The sudden violence of the moment disturbs Euron. Whatever he expected it, definitely wasn't this.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra, also, is stunned and just... watches.

Wolfe: Wolfe stands up, covered in blood - some his own, some of the being beneath him, he breathes shallowly and quickly, he looks around, his eyes frantic from the high of Doc's Haste spell.
The instinctual nature of him takes over for a second as he looks around for foes and then realizes there are none. He then... discards the blade, tossing it away from him, and reaches back for Shokan.
End Session 56

*

phinn

  • 3
  • We'll bang, k?
Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »
Session 57

Wolfe: Wolfe had thrown aside the sword that carried the weight of a thousand thousand slain souls. It had felt light in his hand at the time, but the murder - of the God of Murder - weighed heavier than any set of chains. The rage in him had been almost too much to bear, and the fear, that even more so.
In the wake of Cyric's death, shame filled the whole that exultation should have dwelled within. A bowl that had been emptied of its contents, he felt hollow.

Dungeon Lord: Cyric had fallen, his motionless body lay before the deities and mortals in the room. Two of the three beings of immense power stared down on the half orc with a mix of confusion and outrage on their face. Tyr's black eye sockets, however, locked onto the half orc and the corner of his lips twitched upright with the fainted teases of a smile.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra watched Cyric's death with wide eyes. Looking around to verify that the Lady of Loss and the hound had fled, she relaxed her weapon arm and began to move towards the others. Humbled in the presence of multiple gods (and a god-killer!), she held her tongue for the moment.

Wolfe: "I shouldn't have done that." He said, his voice heavy with breath that burned at his throat. "It was dishonorable."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra put a hand on Wolfe's shoulder, quiet solidarity despite how necessary she felt the blow had been.

Iron-Doc:  The metal-faced doctor looked on with an unreadable expression, movement pausing as the samurai looked to have no grand ill effects.

Tyr: Tyr picked up Godsbane and held it in his other hand. "We find ourselves in the sanctum of the Lord of Lies, where his influence in the most powerful." It seemed like an incomplete thought though the God of Justice offered no more.

Iron-Doc:  Metal sheathed mitts pick up the Gizmo cores of importance, stowing them in a compartment.

Sune: The beautiful woman looked down on the group of four, each of their bodies growing warm at the Deity of Love's gaze. "Are you all well?"

Lathander: The red armor clad knight knelt next to Cyric's corpse and laid a hand on the man's chest.

Iron-Doc:  Soon, GIZMO-6 will join the pok'e'battle.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to the Gods that had come to their aid. "Did any of this matter?" He asked them as he looks around the room. "We came here to stop all the fucked up stuff that was happening to the villages - to the people living there, to shadows of our friends from what seems to now be another life."
"Did what we do matter?"

Iron-Doc:  "I would very much like it to leave the premises now." she admits in the background, an answer to that question.

Westra Goldbrook: Sune's prompting nudged Westra from her reflection of the unbelievable things that'd just passed. She nods to account for her own well-being. As the others take stock of themselves, she recalls the weapon she picked up to remove from Cyric's reach. Slowly, she pulled the red blade of the hound from her quiver. She offered it hilt-first to Sune, who was nearest, and then looked to Wolfe with a soft frown.

Sune: Sune smiled at Wolfe. "All is well in Faerun. The events that have transpired have broken the Shadowfell's creep on your realm. Cyric and Shar's spells have been broken."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc issues a slow exhalation of breath, relief clear in his mien.

Westra Goldbrook: "If I may ask... what was the purpose of those spells? Citizens were forced into a spelled sleep... but to what end?"
"And can anyone explain how our timeline was altered or why? We have so many questions."

Sune: "The black hand prayed to Bane, though they had no idea that which responded was not their master. The Lord of Lies and the Lady of Loss answered their prayers, providing a means to ensnare those capable of performing the task of break free the Chaos Hound."
She paused. "Though, what his next plans were, we do not know." She shook her head towards Westra. "We have no need for such a weapon of violence."

Westra Goldbrook: "But does it not control the hound?"

Lathander: Lathander rose and looked to the others. "We must bind him."

Sune: "The Devourer fears it, for it is Houndsbane."

Wolfe: "Bind him?"

Lathander: "You have caused a grievous wound in Cyric, but his essence will endure. We will do what we came here to do."
With that, Lathander picked up the fallen body and tossed it into his throne as if a bag of flour.

Wolfe: "So... he's not dead?"

Tyr: "He is, but he is not."

Wolfe: "Um..."
"What does that mean?"

Tyr: The three gods circled his fallen corpse on the black throne. Sune began to weave a powerful spell with her hands while Lathander drew his spear and moved it slowly in a circle along the ground around the chair, brilliant white light piercing upward from where the pike touched the ground.

Westra Goldbrook: "I believe it means we are free of him but only for a time."
"It takes a great deal to truly kill a god."

Euron Sand: Euron was momentarily shocked speechless at Wolfe's slaying of Cyric, but one the others started talking, he seemed to recover his wits. Cyric was defeated but not fully dead.
"He may recover, but it will likely not be in our lifetimes."

Wolfe: "Oh. Kind of like... Gizmo?"

Westra Goldbrook: That won a wry little smile from Westra. "In a manner of speaking, I suppose so," she said, turning to take stock of where the doctor was.

Wolfe: Wolfe walks over to the Iron Doc, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You alright?"

Dungeon Lord: Tyr held up his sword and it flared with a brilliant light, a moment later massive yellow chains burst forth and wrapped Cyric's body to the black metal, the bonds whined and moaned as they were pulled tighter than any mortal could ever bind. Sune's spell finished the moment Lathander's circle was complete and a red shroud encircled the throne, leaving only the vague outline of the massive chair to be seen by the Watch. The circle grew ever darker into a deep cherry red circle enshrouded the throne and it's king.

Iron-Doc:  Wolfe receives a slow nod in response to his question.

Wolfe: Wolfe turned to watch the madness of Gods chaining a God - or a God's corpse, he wasn't quite clear why or how all of this worked.

Tyr: "The Lord of Lies will remain here for all time, bound for his crimes against Mystra." Tyr's deep voice echoed through the halls.

Wolfe: The idea that Cyric was not truly dead gnawed at him.
"Yeah.. against Mystra."

Euron Sand: "For all time, they say."

Lathander: With that Lathander marked the cherry orb with the tip of spear and runes of binding formed over the entire surface, runes so small they were barely discernible. He turned, and placed his weapon on his back again. "It is done."

Wolfe: "So. What now?"

Tyr: "Shar eludes us more with each passing breath."

Sune: "Go. I will return the mortals to their realm."

Dungeon Lord: Two beams of brilliant light rise out of Tyr and Lathander, and they are gone a moment later, without a word.

Iron-Doc:  Without apparent danger now, the doctor takes a good look at her surroundings, taking in the details for the first time properly.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra, on the other hand, can't seem to stop staring at the gods.

Dungeon Lord: The Throne room seems rather bland as one would think of a God's Throne. Massive suits of armor can be seen at regular intervals in recessed nooks. Massive pillars hold up the hundred foot high ceiling and pale blue light shines in from the 30 foot high windows.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc is notably looking at the floor, rather than staring at Sune and her beyond-normal hotness.

Euron Sand: Euron steps closer to the suits of armor trying to see if there's anything else of interest here.

Sune: "Are you ready?" She asks as she offers the group a smile.

Iron-Doc:  She kneels down and tears off a small bit of the long red rug for analysis later.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra just nods.

Euron Sand: "Yes. Ready."

Iron-Doc:  Standing, the iron woman looks ready for whatever is appoint to happen.

Sune: The the first time, the group blinks out of existence but does not feel the normal side effects of inter-planar travel. They find themselves standing during daylight surrounded by familiar stone structures, though it takes each member a beat to discern where they are.
The Watch finds themselves on the alter where they had fought the shadow dragon just a short time before, though it felt like a distant memory. The sun shone down on them, warming their face with a pleasant tingle. Birds (and frogs from the nearby swamp) could be heard in the distance with no sign of any of the remnants of their battle or the cultists that they had slain.

Wolfe: Wolfe lifts a hand up to forestall the sunlight, feeling almost overwhelmed. The smell of fresh air - the feel of warmth of the sun, long denied, nearly causes him to cry. He chokes up as he takes a deep breath.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra inhales deeply of the fresh air and feels a heavy sense of relief.
"Thank you," she says, to Sune.

Euron Sand: Euron is glad to be back in Faerun. He looks around for a moment, then inhales the fresh air. "Thank you, Sune."
He placed a hand on Wolfe's shoulder.

Sune: "Though they will not acknowledge your aid, I appreciate your efforts in the battle. You have my thanks, sweet creatures." Her smile beams at Euron making him weak in the knees.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc nods to Euron, silently, in thanks.

Euron Sand: Euron returns the smile. He is sad that she is leaving this plane but these moments are are helpful.

Westra Goldbrook: "I.. suppose... we head back to Neverwinter?" she proposes softly, looking around to the others.

Iron-Doc:  The plate kicks up and she looks up at the sky, squinting behind her glasses. It really was all gone.

Sune: She looks to Westra. "A question gnaws at your soul like the dog we just departed. Ask it and I shall provide you guidance Lady Paladin."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc turns up to Sune, his voice soft but certain. "Thanks for not abandoning us back there."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra looks to Sune, surprised at the prompt. She can feel a half-dozen questions fly to her lips, but takes a second to choose one, knowing that this is a rare opportunity.
"When our timeline was altered, it set many things amiss. Do you know of any way we could set it right again, or is it a lost cause?"

Sune: She offers Wolfe a smiling gesture. "You have a heavy heart, but do not despair. Your actions were not entirely your own in such a terrible place."
Sune smiles and nods to Westra. "She that you seek can repair the timeline, or shatter it entirely. There is still time to disrupt her plans, though the window closes at each breathe." The goddess points a single beautiful finger to the South. "There is but one Mythal connected to this plane and she has already entered Abeir."

Wolfe: Wolfe, maybe because he's in Sune's presence, turns to Cat and suddenly wraps his arms around her, embracing her in a warm but powerful hug.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra looks to the south, then back at Sune. "Where? Please, can you tell us anything more? Where must we go? Who is it we must confront?"

Iron-Doc:  But Cat is in an iron suit.

Wolfe: He hugs her through the iron suit.

Iron-Doc:  There are creaks and such,groaning from half orc constriction.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc whispers something into Cat's ear, holding the hug for a moment, and then slowly sets her down as he eases it.

Sune: "Fiarsa Iustigah, or as you know her, Jghara. She seeks to return her child from a fate none can recover. To complete this task is to shatter the entire history of this land. Only by absorbing the essence of Labelas Enoreth can she change his fate in the battle between Bane and Elasias."

Iron-Doc:  She blinks at Wolfe and seems suddenly bashful a moment, though only her face is visible, making it an odd sight.

Sune: "I believe you know this place as Lantan." She clarifies.

Wolfe: Wolfe turns back toward Sune, but still looks to the ground. "That's the Time God, right?"

Sune: She nods.

Iron-Doc:  Still processing Wolfe's words, she is interrupted with the mention of her homeland. "Lantan? The island is... accessible somehow?"

Euron Sand: "If that's where we need to be, then can you take us there?"

Sune: "That is all I can give you. I wish you mortals long and love-filled lives. Care for one another and all things are possible." The Lady looked upon the group for another moment and her emerald eyes danced with joy before she blinked out existence.

Westra Goldbrook: "But--"

Iron-Doc:  Catriona makes a face like she just ate a sour lemon.

Wolfe: Wolfe says goodbye, quietly, to Idariel-Made-A-Goddess.

Iron-Doc:  Then she blinks, before admitting. "She imprinted information in my mind..."

Wolfe: "...What?"

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "Mistress, I am pleased to see you have remained active." A mechanical voice says directly behind Catriona.

Iron-Doc:  Tapping the centerpiece of her suit, the metal plates and armor components fold off in a smooth fashion, segmenting away into her coat's hidden compartments.

Euron Sand: "That was the most unhelpful advice I've ever heard."

Dr Catriona: "It was akin to.. um... a waking dream. Or an unexperienced memory."

Wolfe: "Gods, right?"

Westra Goldbrook: "What did she show you?" she asked the doctor.

Dr Catriona: She looks to the mechagnome, wondering where it came from and why it wasn't with the REX.
"An island called Orlil. A portal within it's caves."

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "Protocol dictated that I relocate the Rex to your last known coordinates once you disappeared from my planar scanners. I did halt this process until the shroud lifted, though you did not appeared on my radar until just now."

Westra Goldbrook: "Do you know how to find this place?" she asked

Dr Catriona: "If it is where it always was, then umm.. yes..."
"I don't know its fate as it is not really a place that was held in high regard within the rest of Lantan."

Westra Goldbrook: "If Sune was to be believed, then finding it is our only change at saving our timeline... and perhaps Neverwinter as well."

Dr Catriona: "The strangest of our kin usually go there. And when I was in the navy, there were rumors of it being used for experimental weapon testing."

Euron Sand: "So...should we be on our way?"

Dr Catriona: She timidly scratches her shoulder, the being the center of attention affecting her mannerisms.
"It is far south. Very far south."
"Full disclosure, I have been waiting to faint for the last two hours."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra frowned, and shook her head, frustrated. "If Jghara is already there, it seems unlikely we'll make it in time to interfere.
She stops at the doctor's admission.
"You are unwell?" she asks, moving near while trying to figure out why she hadn't spoken up when the room full o' gods had offered healing.

Dr Catriona: "Um.. did you not see what we just experienced?"
"There was a titanic canine ridden with.... And... all this..." she stammers, oddly unable to put all the insanity into words.

Westra Goldbrook: "I did..." Westra stammers a little. "I just.. you never.. struck me as the fainty-type," she explained, a little flummoxed.
"Though I admit, it has been a great deal to process."

Dr Catriona: "I take vitamins now."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra gives the doctor an odd look.

Dr Catriona: "But there are no vitamins for that."

Wolfe: "...You take what?"

Westra Goldbrook: "Does any one know a faster way south than the carriage?"

Euron Sand: Even Euron has nothing for that one.

Wolfe: "Boat, probably?"
"Which we can find in Neverwinter."

Westra Goldbrook: "We must hurry."

Dr Catriona: "We would need aquatic transit either way."

Westra Goldbrook: "If we are indeed going...?" she pauses, and looks around to check the faces of those gathered.
"Another impossible task?" she offers, waiting for the consensus.

Euron Sand: "Since when do we back down from a challenge?"
"Or running headlong into the end of the world."

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "I predict a 2.629% probability of success based on the information gathered thus far, though I will go as my mistress commands."

Wolfe: "Never tell me the odds, LEROY."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Probability computation is one of my core functionalities."

Wolfe: Wolfe leans down to pick Cat up. "Relax, it's been a long day. I'll carry you at least to the REX and we can all ride together."

Dr Catriona: Catriona looks very confused by this. "Um.. that is not necessary."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc grunts some. "It ain't about necessary."

Dr Catriona: She takes out a small medical light and checks Wolfe's pupils. "Were you irradiated by Sune's aura?"

Wolfe: "Irradiated?"

Dr Catriona: Not that she is a medical doctor, but she can check for dilation!

Westra Goldbrook: Westra watches the doctor and wolfe with an odd look on her face for a beat, and then shakes her head and starts towards the wagon.

Wolfe: He growls as she flashes a light in his eyes. "Ow, what're you doing?"

Dr Catriona: "Cosmic entities have physiological effects on organic matter, particularly brain chemistry."

Wolfe: "Are you saying she whammied me?"

Euron Sand: Euron heads for the wagon and away from this place that has taken so much from them. They lost Jinharath and Jonias here. Too many people and too much to the whims and schemes of gods.

Dr Catriona: "You seem abnormally afflicted with positivity."

Dungeon Lord: His pupils do seem dilated and his pulse is well over 100.

Dr Catriona: "Perhaps not intentionally. She is called a goddess of love, or what have you." she explains before moving to walk along with the rest.
She will rebuild GIZMO, 6.0 on the way.

Dungeon Lord: The Watch is able to make their way back to Neverwinter in a matter of days, moving quickly and with the help of robots not needing to sleep, they make good time. The road to Neverwinter seems rather empty for a pleasant summer day. As the approach the city the guards look nervously at the group then at one another, one of the guards raises a hand to stop them as they approach.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc grunts as makes his way back to the REX, not happy with the idea that he got bespelled by the Goddess.
"Westra go ahead and take it."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra sticks her head out of the carriage when it's stopped. "We are citizens of Neverwinter," she explains to the guards (whom she probably knows)

Dungeon Lord: The two men actually do not seem familiar to Westra. "By order of Crown Regent, Neverwinter is not accepting entrants at this time, please return to where you came." The smaller of the two men says.
You then notice the portcullis is down and several archers are on the wall, watching the exchange.

Westra Goldbrook: "The Crown who?" she asks, frowning as she opens the door and steps out of the carriage. "Call your commander. Rutherford still runs the guard, does he not?"
(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): They don't seem like the normal well trained Flaming Fist and City Watch.

Dungeon Lord: "Crown Regent Rutherford has made this decree himself, Ma'am." He seems nervous as she leaves the carriage. "Please return to where you came." He repeats.

Wolfe: Wolfe pokes his head out and looks at the guard.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra narrows her eyes, then eyes the rest of the gathered watchmen.
"I wish to speak with Crown Regent Rutherford. Arrange this, please. We will wait."

Dungeon Lord: The two men looked at each other then looked to one of the men on the wall. "Identify yourselves." A voice comes from the top of the wall.

Euron Sand: "Crown Regent Rutherford?"

Wolfe: "We're The Watch!"

Euron Sand: "This entire thing has gone for bad to worse in a very short time!"

Westra Goldbrook: "We are known as The Watch," she calls back. "We are known to Rutherford."

Dungeon Lord: He seems disinterested. "Fine. You move back 50 yards and we will let you know what the Crown Regent decrees." He points down the road. "No funny business."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra pauses, then nods once. She turns to back the carriage up.

Wolfe: Wolfe ducks his head back in. "What the hells is going on here?"

Dr Catriona: "Actually, this is statistically probable as every time we return to Neverwinter City, something goes wrong."

Euron Sand: "That's worrisome."

Wolfe: "You know."
"We should have found a way to keep that jack-ass bard around."
"Just so people don't always look lost when we say who we are."
"We've done some pretty amazing things and nobody in this damn Plane seems to understand that."

Dungeon Lord: A hour passes before anything of note happens, then one of the soldiers slowly approached the REX. As he reaches shouting distance the group hears a "Hey! WATCHERS! The Crown Regent will see you, we are opening the gate." He then promptly jogs back to his station at the door.

Euron Sand: "With our luck, the timeline will have changed so much that the Spellscar will never have closed."

Wolfe: Wolfe gets out of the Rex.

Dungeon Lord: The guards open the gate and the group is able to enter.

Wolfe: Wolfe heads toward Castle Never.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra marches in alongside the others.

Euron Sand: Euron heads through the gates, watching the guards as he does.

Dr Catriona: The doctor disembarks and follows along quietly.

Dungeon Lord: The guards seem disinterested with the group now that they have been 'cleared'. They nod to Euron as he looks at them.
The city streets are nearly barren, though occasionally some common people are walking. As the group nears a normally crowded market, only a few stalls are occupied and not with the normal overflowing goods as was normal within the city. The city itself seems as it was the last time the group entered though as if paused.
The group finds no guards as they approach the castle, the training yard is barren and entire the place seems absolutely empty of people. A single guard stands at two heavy, large double doors that lead into the castle proper.
His voice cracks a little as he calls out to the group. "Who goes there?"

Westra Goldbrook: "We are the Watch, here at the Crown Regent's request," Westra informs them, bewildered by the state of the city.

Dungeon Lord: "Oh...yes." He stands aside and opens the door, allowing them to enter. "The Crown Regent is expecting you, he can be found in his dining hall, third door on the right."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra heads inside, expression grim.

Wolfe: "What the hells is going on?"

Euron Sand: Neverwinter had always been so full of life. Euron barely recognized the metropolis in its empty state. This whole situation is terrible.

Dungeon Lord: The once proud man named Cullen Rutherford had never looked so small in the instant the Watch found him in the dining hall. His face seemed sunken and his eyes heavy with lack of sleep. He was sitting bent over at the end of Neveremeber's massive table, alone, and with a small bowl of porridge. He seemed lost in thought, having not touched the food or noticing the group entering the room.

Westra Goldbrook: "Commander," Westra said, forgetting herself for a moment and falling back to habit.

Cullen Rutherford: He cleared his throat and righted himself the instant he knew he was not alone.

Wolfe: "RUTHERFORD." Wolfe's voice booms through the hall. "We're back, we stopped the crap that was messing with the towns that you sent your boys to fix."

Cullen Rutherford: He offered a tired smile to Westra. "Miss Goldbrook, I am so pleased to see you returned safely. I see you were able to locate the others."
He looked at Wolfe's boisterous decree. "Ahhh, Gods be good. That is some light in this world."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra doesn't know what to say for a moment, and then finally shakes her head. "Commander what has happened?"

Wolfe: "You look like shit."

Euron Sand: Euron enters, hands behind his back, and looks at the man that was supposed to be the Crown Regent. He'd looked more hale and hearty when Euron last saw him.
That was two weeks ago. What had changed so much in two weeks that he looked like this?

Cullen Rutherford: "The city is falling into ruin without the Lord and Lady of Neverwinter." He sighed. "Without Neveremeber to pay the troops, nearly the entire Flaming Fist has deserted and much of the City Watch as well."

Wolfe: "But where are the PEOPLE?"

Westra Goldbrook: "In two weeks' time?" she asked, not wanting to believe it.

Dr Catriona: "Is that not just like... one pay period...?"
Doctor Wicker starts to not think too greatly about the watch. #NeverwinterGovernmentShutdown

Cullen Rutherford: "Most residents remain in their homes, something was going on before they disappeared. I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it, but it seems many of the soldiers have not been paid previously."
"Some of the soldiers, rightfully due pay, have decided to take their pay in less scrupulous manners, since there are not enough men left to even man the walls. Which, is why I have closed the city."

Wolfe: "So you need Tylmandra and Dickface to take care of this town?"

Westra Goldbrook: "No. We need to set things aright, so that this will never have happened," she said more quietly, looking to Wolfe and the others. "We must go to Lantan."

Wolfe: Wolfe looks to Westra, considering her. He gives a slow nod of approval.

Cullen Rutherford: "We need his money to pay the men. The treasury is nearly empty. It seems Neverember has been place the taxes in his personal coffers for protecting the city and paying the guards."
"Lantan? We need to find the Lord and Lady!"
"I will give you whatever is left in the treasury! Just....help...me!" He lets his hands fall on his bent head.

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes narrow at the Captain.
"I thought that you were a better man."
"Or is this what you've always been, beneath your smiles and beneath your jokes and your good humor?"
"Bailing out a Half-Orc to do your dirty work."

Westra Goldbrook: "Wolfe, now may not be the best time..."

Cullen Rutherford: "How dare you! I haven't slept in a week while trying to save this city that has been tearing itself apart." He looked to Wolfe with despair in his eyes. "Just go to Latan or back to the bottom of a bottle, I care not anymore! JUST GET OUT!"

Dr Catriona: "Doing the work of gods and now politicians and leaders... I think a name change may be appropriate. To Ass-Savers." she dryly says to no one in particular while adjusting her glasses.

Wolfe: "Listen." The Half-Orc says with a sharpness to put period on the sentence. "We're not going to find Neverember for you, Rutherford. Or Tylmandra. We're chasing after something a lot worse. If we make it work, it'll fix everything - not that you'll fucking remember it, which seems to be our lot in life."

Euron Sand: Euron laughs at Cat's jest. He agrees, but with cleaner language.

Wolfe: Wolfe steps over toward Cullen and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Look at me, Rutherford."

Dr Catriona: Catriona can at times be low key savage, it is true.

Wolfe: "You're a leader of men. You can either do your best, or you can sit here and whine that it's not enough."
"If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. If it fails, you fail. But better to fail trying than sitting here with your fucking porridge."

Cullen Rutherford: "I'm trying to find a way. My best....isn't good enough. I have no men, I have no money, I have an empty garrison and a city full of well trained killers looting, robbing, and raping."

Wolfe:
"So stop them."
"You got a sword, Cullen."
"Stand up and do the right thing."

Cullen Rutherford: He considered Wolfe's words for a moment, though their exchange had not been very cordial.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc pats Cullen's shoulder, then turns to the other. "Let's find a boat."

Westra Goldbrook: "There are good people in this city, Commander. Give them someone to follow, and they will."

Euron Sand: "You can do it, Crown Regent. Show them the light and they'll follow."

Cullen Rutherford: He looked again to the Half-Orc, with a different emotion in his sunken eyes. "You are right, all of you." He stood and moved to leave the room motioning for the guard to follow him. "Call on the conscripts to the yard and all soldiers not absolutely mandatory off the walls."

Westra Goldbrook: "Alright. A boat," she says, nodding to the others.

Cullen Rutherford: He looks to her just as he is walking out of the room. "Lady Goldbrook, take the "Queen's Fury." Lady Tylmandra would want you all to use her ship.
"Though you will need to find a crew."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra blinks.

Wolfe: "Uh."

Westra Goldbrook: "As you say. Thank you."

Wolfe: "How big of a boat is that?"

Cullen Rutherford: Wolfe should know that the Queen's Fury is about a 90 foot ship and would require a crew of about fifty men.
Which is likely not a difficult employment to fill considering the current situation in Neverwinter.

Euron Sand: Euron had heard of the Queen's Fury. The ship was impressive.

Cullen Rutherford: "Godspeed, Champions." He turns and walks out of the door.
End Session 58 & Arc III