collapse

* Who's Online

2 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 4. Most Online Ever: 30 (November 11, 2018, 06:04:53 PM)

PS44 || into the darkness they go

• 7 Replies

Ashley Nasur

• Light-Side Paragon & Medic
  • Hellion-1
PS44 || into the darkness they go
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:18 PM »
Studying the holocron one last time, Ashley turned his attention towards Venn. It wasn't that hard to get the Umbaran to return to the med-bay so that he could make sure that her recovery was coming along well. Or that her vitals weren't doing that weird thing again. Stranges spikes before unsual moments of them bottoming out in such a way that was far beyond just calm.

Of course he had gotten a hold of her after she slipped into her more usual attire, not just the undergarments that had been dripping in bacta fluid from her time in the tank. The medical scanner had been put down, the holocron picked up once more as he fidgeted with it. "... so you are alright?" he asked, for what was likely the third time. "Kind of looked like what else was in the chest got to you for a bit." The sword, he assumed, as it was the source of the Dark as far as he could tell. Mostly he found himself thinking about that moment at the Jedi temple, when Jenna had been concerned he had invited Venn to come out there.

As much as everyone worried about him being unduly influenced, the Pantoran found himself worrying far more about Venn's state of being. Especially so in the aftermath of everything that had happened so far.

Venn Parsa

• Questing Bitch Face
  • Hellion-2
    • Dossier
Re: PS44 || into the darkness they go
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 01:30:09 AM »
I'm blue too. Emotionally.
Back in the that medical bay; anathema to someone such as her who only cared to lay around on her own terms.  Still suffering from lasting bruises and injuries from cybernetically enhanced blows, it wasn’t as if it would have been wise to just have her wandering around without medical attention. Agitation also played a heavy part in her state of mind at current, given all the turmoil still fresh in her mind.

Incorrigibly immodest, it wasn’t as if she went and got fully dressed in some fashion that was all that markedly different from before.  She did have a loose robe, though, that she wore and  wasn’t sure if she’d have to go back into the tank sooner than later. 

Venn leaned back again once the scans looked to be on pause.  “The sooner we get that  sith relic off the ship, the sooner I’ll be able to answer that properly.” Her response held its’ imperial accent, despite the starkly sincere sentiment.

She turned over the Tythonian talisman in her slender digits.  “Not all of it.  This right here is harmless.  It's a rudimentary focus of sorts from what I can tell."  Venn holds the ancient talisman out for Ashley to examine.

“Put it on and feel how the Force flows through it, around it.”  The blue haired woman casually traces some locks of hair away from her face.  “Its is like a reservoir of serenity...I imagine that in a time of need you could pull some of that serenity into yourself to bolster your work in the Force.  Say for an emergency  application of your restorative power."

“I remember something about Jedi not wearing jewelry, but in this new era, one could make an exception, right?”  she remarks with a mildly amused shrug. "At least until you find a better home for it."

"If I need a blaster, I'll take one."

Ashley Nasur

• Hellion-1
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
"Nearest star, yeah?" Referring to what should be done with the sword. Ashley found himself glancing towards the doors of the med-bay, though they were closed, before he looked back to Venn again as she spoke. The holocron was set down as he stepped forward to study the talisman that was held out. "A focus?" he inquired, fingers brushing against it briefly. There was a certain feel to it that he couldn't deny. In fact, now with the holocron and the talisman within this area the presence of the sword was particularly disconcerting.

At the mention of putting on the talisman, he actually slowly it took it from Venn. There was a hum of acknowledgement, that she was right. His head tilted slightly, eyes shut as his fingers curled around the talisman. "Feels as if I could do just that. A little nudge." His eyes cracked back open. "Would do good if I need to heal, I think." That was often the problem with using the Force to heal; sometimes he struggled with the noise of the world around.

"It isn't as if I'm not already wearing a bracelet," remarked Ashley, "so another piece is fine. Like you said: exceptions made in this new era." Not that he was certain that they would find a better home for the talisman. Though ..."This could be from Coruscant, from the Jedi Temple. Which means there's probably a bigger problem." He turnd his attention from the talisman to Venn. "I've been meaning to tell you this, Venn: Jenna's there, along with some of the others that were students of Master Skywalker. Helping the New Republic out, looking for anything that could help with be a guide ..." Even if he had a look on his face that implied there was more to it.

Venn Parsa

• Questing Bitch Face
  • Hellion-2
    • Dossier
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 04:19:03 PM »
A jedi student mole? That ain't good.
Rather than explain to him further about what she meant by ‘a focus’, it served the moment better to let him handle the talisman himself.  The Force wasn’t always something that could be explained in words; in fact that was probably more commonly the case than not.  But when Ashley was trained well enough to use his feelings to draw information, as if it were another of his five senses. 

“That is what I was thinking.” remarked the adept with some strain to her tone as she spoke through rising and waning discomfort.  “It could serve as an aid while you learn to focus in the maddening distractions we face more and more these days.  Between that and the Holocron, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with in no time, Blue.” offers Venn with a rare sincerity.

She releases a brief, half-laugh.  “Just as long as you don’t start challenging me for goddess of bling, I think we’ll be fine.” remarked the notorious jewelry and trinket fanatic.  “Right, but that doesn’t mean you can’t hold onto it until returned.  Someone has to steward them and why not you?”  she replies to the first half of his statement.

Her fingers interlaced over her stomach, the Umbaran casually turned her head to regard him with her eyebrows slowly pushing together at the news.  “You think maybe one of the students has a hand in trying to get these relics on the black market?  Not that such a thing is within our purview but we should be telling someone if so…” 

Ashley Nasur

• Hellion-1
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 05:30:38 PM »
While Ashley wanted to talk more about the holocron--though he flushed a faint purple at the mention of being a force to be reckoned with; part of him wasn't opposed, the other part of him just didn't do well with compliments sometimes--the matter of the items being stolen from the temple was a touch more pressing.

"Why would I do that? You'd toast me in an instance," quipped Ashley, knowing well when he was outmatched in terms of style. That and he preferred his medical bag and that was enough of an accessory for him. He certainly did not mind holding on to the talisman until it could be returned, though the look the slanted at the holocron implied he didn't quite want to give that up so easily. When presented with knowledge, he had a hard time letting go of it. At letting go of the chance to learn more.

"They'll be in good hands," he said finally, golden eyes flicking towards Venn. "I don't know? It's possible but it's also possible that someone could take advantage of one of the students? They're younger, you know? Not that means they can't spot trouble or anything but in some cases, someone could be taking advantage." A sigh was let out. "The other option is that someone within the New Republic is using the students, who are interested in the Temple and what it could teach them, to find potential hidden relics that have value." It wasn't as if the value of Jedi (or Sith) relics had gone down. Though certainly there was a level of idiocy involved with wanting to get hands on them, not knowing what they could do.

"Either way: they do need to be informed." Ashley paused, as if considering something, before he added: "... she wanted to see you, Jen, I mean, but ... not her father." His nose wrinkled up. "She actually looked pretty disgruntled at the fact that he was around? Not sure if that's because of what happened before she left Yavin or something else."

Venn Parsa

• Questing Bitch Face
  • Hellion-2
    • Dossier
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 06:38:36 PM »
Venn didn’t immediately jump to a position of defending the students; that kind of optimistic bent was well in Ashley’s court.  The students were people; mostly kids that were living under terror for years or worse.  There wasn’t a doubt in her mind that a few would have some demons still to wrestle with even with the training provided by Master Skywalker.  Teenagers weren’t exactly a stable lot as is.

“Not our job to decide what kind of punishment goes with the crime.  Only to let those with the authority know that the criminal activity is going on.  Remember, we can’t be getting all involved in official New Republic business, even if we wanted to.  Does shaking down some kids for the government seem like a job for a shadow ops team posing as criminals, to you?”  In all likelihood he could have been right;  someone could have corrupted one of the students in some way to have an in to the treasures.

She gives a soft shrug at this notion that Jenna wished to see her. “I don’t particularly care to get into the middle of family drama.  I don’t even know what happened before she left that moon.   But I am not interested in being put in a position where I have to lie to her father about anything or explain to her what we are all doing for the NR.”  Her answer likely didn’t surprise Ashley;  at the colony on Yavin IV, the older Venn didn’t particularly fit in with everyone else.  She was always that burnout in the back of the class occasionally dropping smartass quips.   Luke, himself, told them both that they were his most advanced students. While true, they were still very different people learning different things from the hero.

Yet this job they both were given was meant to test them both, and it was doing that in spades.

That returned her to the previous topic.  “I have a hard time assuming Master Skywalker would have you hand over that holocron prematurely.  He would say that the Force put it in your path... and so would I.  Just like that sith warblade was put in my path, to prevent it from harming anyone.” she imparted, the latter portion being coated in displeased resolution.

Ashley Nasur

• Hellion-1
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
It wasn't as if he hadn't thought what Venn was saying. Ashley was endlessly optimistic, yes, but he was also realistic. That meant that while he hoped for the good, he often knew the real odds of a situation. "It isn't," he agreed. "We're not even going to be heading back there it looks like, at this point, so the only thing we can do is pass on what we know."

The Pantoran was not particularly surprised by what Venn said. It was, in fact, what he expected to hear. Mostly it always seemed like people took to Venn more than the other way around, as she kept a boundary with people. Only within the work here, with being part of the Hellions, had it seemed like part of her hardened exterior was softening. Not much but enough to know that she did care about those she traveled with.

"Didn't really talk to her about what we were doing," as obviously it wasn't really appropriate to do so, "but she was looking at the temple as a way to gain more guidance." Different than either of them, though guidance wasn't necessarily what one of them was looking for. "I didn't really find out what was going on either, other than some of what happened after we left." He shot Venn a look. "I also don't expect you to lie, either. We've honestly been on the move so much that it hasn't come up." While part of him didn't want to be involved in family drama, there was the part of him that knew Riprock would probably want to know his daughter was now on Coruscant.

Still ... the topic of the holocron ... Ashley raked a hand through his hair, scratching at the back of his neck--it was an idle tick; a clear sign he was thinking--before he said something. "That's what it feels like," that the Force put these objects in their paths, "though I don't know how easy it would be to convince the Captain or the others about following up on what I learned from the holocron."

It was in his hand again, picked up and turned over. "This holocron only has a small portion of Weswin's knowledge. The rest of it is out there, broken up by him as he believed that the journey to finding each of the pieces to be part of learning his particular talent." Ashley looked up from the holocron. "Which would mean going to Arbooine." Even if some part wondered if the holocron was something wanted by Shroud himself. The kind of ability it could lead him to, to learning, was frankly terrifying to think about anyone who followed the Dark in full to have.

Venn Parsa

• Questing Bitch Face
  • Hellion-2
    • Dossier
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 08:34:14 PM »
Venn nods about passing it on.  That was likely Riprock’s job as he was the only one who had the line of communication with command.

“I’m sure when we pass on that info, whatever she is involved in might come up and they’ll resolve it.” said the adept, looking up at the lighting in the med bay.  It bothered her eyes a bit, like most light tended to do, but it was something she had long become accustomed to.

“You can still learn examine it as we do our business.  Otherwise, that opportunity might come up when we have a break between operations.  I wouldn’t fret about it so much now.”  Beat.  “If you want me around for any of your interactions with it, just holler at your girl.” she offered in regards to the Holocron and whatever information it might impart on the young jedi.