collapse

* Who's Online

1 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 4. Most Online Ever: 30 (November 11, 2018, 06:04:53 PM)

Fun Holonet Finds

• 13 Replies

misreality

• Jedi in the streets, Sith in the sheets.
  • I always overdo it.
Fun Holonet Finds
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:21:22 AM »
For Miscellaneous Star Wars related stuff not directly related to the campaign.  Intriguing...from a certain point of view.

misreality

• I always overdo it.
SWE's May the 4th Vid (2018 Timeline)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 12:01:53 PM »
This has been updated for 2019 here

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:33:24 AM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Fun Holonet Finds - Templin Institute
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
My favorite youtube channel, keepin' up the quality content - Templin Institute investigates alternate worlds and fictional organizations:

Between the Mid Rim and the Outer Rim Territories there lies a festering wound on the galaxy; a hive of scum and villainy known as the Hutt Cartel.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:28:09 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Species, Cultures and Factions!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 04:40:25 PM »
ACCENTS in STAR WARS

FALLEEN Species Explained

UMBARAN Species Explained

MANDALORIANS (Star Wars Explained)

INQUISITORS (Star Wars Explained)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:47:28 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Fun(?) Holonet Finds
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:54:05 AM »
Zygerrians!

The Zygerrian Slavers arc of The Clone Wars is one of the darkest stories of the series.
For those interested, it is Season 4 - Episodes 11,12 & 13.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:56:02 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Re: Fun Holonet Finds
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »
Brief Animated Synopsis - After Return of the Jedi - the final defeat of the Empire at Jakku.

Interesting bits about the splintered Imperial Remnant factions, including some warlord-like Moffs' actions. (Added new vid 04.02.19)

How did The Empire lose the Galactic Civil War to The Rebel Alliance?

A deeper dive into motives and reasons of those who fight for the Empire and why.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:21:59 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
Historical Persons of Interest

In honor of our upcoming confrontation with  Ralchio Nervi, who probably idolized this dude. 
Venn studied him and his career while in academy as well. Just released by Templin Institute

misreality

• I always overdo it.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 02:41:10 PM »
Historical Factions of Interest

In an odd alignment with the scooby gang (of Rook, Ashley & Tal) trespassing in the Imperial Palace, here is a freshly released accounting of what is known about ancient Jedi in New Canon. 

Bonus-- you see reasoning as to why Venn holds some opinions she does about the jedi, even after leaving the Empire.  Qui-Gon 4 lyfe.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 02:57:18 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Fun Holonet Finds - Just Who Knew and When?
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »
This series of videos is all about what the Galaxy knew and when.  For us, Star Wars centered around big heroes and big villains, massive dark plots, betrayals, redemptions and mainly one really pivotal family. There is also ALOT of politics involved, despite what people claim....  But for your average galactic citizen in a galaxy with trillions of beings... what did they know?  Spoiler alert: ... not much.

Who Knew Palpatine was a Sith Lord?

Editorial - The short answer is, hardly anyone.  And most of the galaxy doesn't even know what exactly a Sith Lord is about, given that they haven't been around in over a thousand years.  Remember "Sith" and "Jedi" are traditions/philosophies you actively pursue.  A force sensitive isn't automatically anything, regardless of light or dark.

Game Canon Note (my understanding)-- I think most informed people have this knowledge after his death, though probably its like "the emperor was some dark evil sorcerer guy that was killed when the second death star exploded".  And as with politics and fake news, there are people who still think he is alive somewhere with Tupac and Biggie or have been shielded from true information. .

Who Knew Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker?

Editorial - The short answer again, hardly anyone. Darth Vader was this supremely scary, larger than life symbol to most.  And with such figures, most people just make up stories.  Everything from "highly advanced cyborg enforcer" or rebuilt General Grievous to sorcerer from the unknown that was controlled by the Emperor.  It took decades after Endor before most people learned of this outside of certain high level folks.  ~7 or so years before The Force Awakens, Leia is forced to resign from government when this is revealed by a political opponent to the entire galaxy.  Even her son, a Ben Solo (pre-Kylo Ren) did not know.  And we know how that turned out.

Game Canon Note (my understanding)-- Venn knows because Luke told her.  Riprock knows - Luke told him.  I believe the same goes for Ashley. I don't know how others found out or if they were briefed.  If information of Vader being Luke and Leia's father was revealed at large, that would be a bombshell that would ruin Leia's position in government (she is Chancellor in game canon).
Highly likely that if Venn heard someone reveal this aloud, she would take action to contain it.

Who Knew Palpatine Looked all Jacked Up?

Editorial - The images of Palpatine were of his youthful Chancellor visage pre-scarring.  Most of the galaxy didn't know he looked disturbing AF.  Lots of lies and fakery... pretty on brand for him.
Game Canon Note (my understanding)-  Venn, as an Inquisitor, has personally been in the presence of Palpatine a couple of times (and has never enjoyed it). .

Bonus:  The Imperial Palace (Imperial Perspective)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:54:36 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Fun Holonet Finds - Freaky Sh*t aka Relics & You
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »
As if you did not have enough of our dear departed Emperor...he liked to collect swag!

Palpatine's Secret Sith Collection on Coruscant

The Hidden Sith Artifacts in the Jedi Temple

Game Parallel Point - This video mentions a sith mask that is similar to the type of thing at the root of why Venn loses her sh*t in Session 41.

Bonus:  Luke's Jedi Relic Hunt After Endor (Had to throw in some Light Side...)

Nerd Content Level: High
Game Canon Note : The timing of Luke Skywalker reforming the Jedi and his other activities are different in our canon!.

misreality

• I always overdo it.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 06:45:25 PM »
Places, people. Places!

Coruscant, the unofficial center of the galactic commerce and ...just about everything else.

Unknown Regions - Bermuda Triangle + Detroit. No real established hyperlanes, not charted well.

The Outer Rim, where all the fun dangerous stuff is.  As wild west as you can get, in space.

Needs more, I know....

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Fun Holonet Finds - That Tech Tho
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 01:43:12 PM »
While most of Star Wars pulls mainly from the feel of World War 2 nostalgia, the Old West, and some from Vietnam... that generally affects the tech, too.  Communicators are like radios, gunslingers are a thing, starfighters fly like dogfighting aces, etc.  Yet there is Star Wars tech that has its own lore, as well...

Notice that the "slicker" & modern things were, the more  negative a connotation it carried.
Not subtle in its social commentary, Star Wars is.

The HoloNet. Is it the Internet? Well...Sorta. (Imperial Perspective!)

Editorial: During the Empire, the HoloNet was like the internet in communist China. Heavily controlled and curated by Imperial propagandists.  It was subject to the occasional pirated broadcast, like what would happen to radio stations in the 60s & 70s. 
Also, remember that there are remote places where the HoloNet just doesn't reach or is spotty.  *ahem t-mobile ahem*

Game Canon: This is likely the kind of impression this generation has of the HoloNnet, unless you were much older.  With the New Republic taking it over, there is likely more freedom, but with that freedom can come its own problems.

Hyperspace + Lanes (No, its not just Point A -> Point B)

Editorial: Hyperlanes are cooler than you might think at first glance.  They harken back to a an era of the real world when ship routes were important and pioneers were mapping the globe. Leaving established routes could be dangerous (remember those ye old maps with sea-monsters drawn in unmapped spots?).  Exploring and mapping the galaxy is still is a work in progress and could be the plot of an entire campaign.

Hyperdrives - Star Wars Minute

Editorial: A quick primer on Hyperdrives just in case that's helpful.  This is before Disney canon, but it still holds from what I see.

Holocrons (Holographic Chronicles) - More fun than a book!

Editorial: Holocrons can be great mcguffins and avenues to strange and lost secrets. While they are basically computers, they can exist for thousands upon thousands of years without their data getting corrupted or lost!  Your move, IBM!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 03:54:01 PM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
SWE's May the 4th Vid (2019 Timeline)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »
In honor of May the 4th, Star Wars Explained released their annual vid of the Canon Timeline for 2019.  These are always very well done and take a ton of research from him and his wife to put together (so we plebs dont have to!)

This encompasses everything from thousands of years ago up to the latest canon books, novels, comics, up to today - 05.04.2019!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:39:42 AM by misreality »

misreality

• I always overdo it.
Re: Fun Holonet Finds - Clone Wars Era!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 10:18:43 PM »
Over two decades ago, the Clone Wars wracked the Galaxy leaving wounds still felt to today!

The Trade Federation... the Confederation of Independent Systems... the Seperatists... by the great folks at Templin Institude.

Gotta love the Lore vids made from the Empire's Point of View.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 10:24:10 PM by misreality »