collapse

* Who's Online

9 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 18. Most Online Ever: 198 (November 05, 2019, 12:34:26 AM)

* Recent Posts

SW Ep6 Roll20 Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
January 12, 2021, 09:59:18 PM

Animal Talk
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM

Roll20 Session Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM

Getting the band back together
March 06, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

Alone in the Dark
February 20, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Absences & Scheduling Issues
►Last Post by Euron Sand
November 16, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

The Forgotten
►Last Post by Levinath
November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 AM

Kara-Tur Adventures
October 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Jinharath
►Last Post by Jinharath
October 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Trolling
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
October 05, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

Zimran Ibanez

• 1 Replies
Description:

Zimran Ibanez

Zimran Ibanez
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:57:34 PM »
Player 8: Awesomologist

Character Name: Zimran Ibanez    -But my friends call me Zim.
Race: Half-Elf    -Darling, who doesn't have daddy issues?
Class: Bard, College of Lore    -Obviously. Have you ever met a Skald? No, because they all get themselves killed.
Background: Harper Agent    -Ooooh a Harper! Bunch of meddlers and troublemakers aren't we? I am winking, but you cannot see it.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral    -Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.
City of Origin: Athkatla, Amn    -Sometimes I close my eyes and I can still smell the mix of spices and warm salty air off the ocean.

Personality: I misquote sacred texts, poems, lyrics, and proverbs in almost every situation.    -Honestly I do this just for the looks on people's faces. It's worth it every single time.
Ideals: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Bonds: I owe my life to the Harper who took me in when my mother died.    -Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down...
Flaws: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.    -What? Why are you looking at me like that?

Current Character Sheet: Zimran Ibanez    -I've never understood why guards always ask to see my papers. I could hand them a note with just about anything scribbled on it and they almost always accept it. As if some sheet of paper could tell you anything you really need to know about me.

History:    -You think I'm going to tell you all about myself now? I just told you I could write anything down and you would believe it. Why wouldn't you? But more importantly, why should you?
Look why don't we get to know each other a little better. In due time I will sing you my song.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:53:46 PM by Zimran Ibanez »

Zimran Ibanez

Re: Zimran Ibanez
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »
Early Life:
Born and raised in Athkatla, Zimran Ibanez was the only child of Marin Ibanez, a human woman who had a fateful night with a traveling elf. Zimran never got to know his father but that never bothered him or his mother much. Raised alongside his cousins in the family owned Silver Mare Inn, the half-elf boy was fortunate to never know hunger or poverty. At the inn he grew enamored with the traveling minstrels and performers who performed there each night. Having shown a natural affinity for performance, Marin saved her money so that by the age of 12 young Zimran was enrolled in Athkatla's bard's college. At the age of 16 he spent the summer the traveling up and down the Sword Coast with a traveling troupe, visiting the cities of Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, and the glorious Waterdeep.

The Death of Marin and Joining the Harpers:
The following summer, Zimran once again travelled the Sword Coast, performing in various cities and towns, until finally returning home that autumn to the surprise of his mother. After spending the first night home in Athkatla performing at his family's inn he went to check in on his mother at her small home behind the inn. There he encountered an assassin, Zimran's mother dead at the man's feet. Though never the best fighter, Zimran learned early on how to use a knife, and he quickly used his to attack his mother's killer. The young bard was clearly outmatched, and had it not been for Bellis Coppertop, a dwarf friend of his mother's, sudden appearance the assassin would have surely done Zim in.

The next few days passed by in a blur. A brief investigation into his mother's death lead to nothing, which only angered the young half-elf man. Finally, Bellis approached Zimran to tell the boy why he believed Marin had been killed. While never an official member, Marin had been a messenger and used the Silver Mare Inn as a safe place for the Harpers. Bellis flashed his Harper's pin to Zimran lettig the boy know of the true meaning behind his friendship to the family. Bellis offered Zimran the opportunity to join the Harpers and find out who ordered his mother's death.

Over the next few years the Harpers taught Zimran the finer art of subterfuge, how to weave magic into his songs and performances, and what it meant to be a Harper. Bellis and Zimran would eventually find the noble who had ordered Marin's death and got their revenge.

Arriving in Phandalin:
Since his revenge, Zimran has mostly played the part of courier and seeker for the Harpers. Finding lost bits of information and passing them up to Bellis and other higher ranking members of the organization. Most of his work simply meant keeping an ear to the ground, so when word that the Rockseeker brothers were planning an expedition to find some ancient magic mine and forge, Zimran knew he was on to something. Word from Bellis came too late to join the initial expedition, but nevertheless the half-elf was given orders to seek the dwarf brothers out and to pass on a message from the Harpers.

That very message however is what got Zimran in trouble. Waylaid by roughians on the way to town they captured the bard. The only reason they didn't kill him outright was the missive he carried mentioning the Rockseeker brothers and the bard's Harper Pin. A sack was placed over Zimran's head before he was sent off to be questioned by unknown figures...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal