collapse

* Who's Online

10 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 18. Most Online Ever: 198 (November 05, 2019, 12:34:26 AM)

* Recent Posts

SW Ep6 Roll20 Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
January 12, 2021, 09:59:18 PM

Animal Talk
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM

Roll20 Session Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM

Getting the band back together
March 06, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

Alone in the Dark
February 20, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Absences & Scheduling Issues
►Last Post by Euron Sand
November 16, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

The Forgotten
►Last Post by Levinath
November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 AM

Kara-Tur Adventures
October 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Jinharath
►Last Post by Jinharath
October 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Trolling
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
October 05, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

The Path has led me here (post Session 27)

• 6 Replies
Description:
The Path has led me here (post Session 27)
« on: February 25, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
When Westra exited Ser Ironheart's office, Euron was rounding the corner to reach the door. After aiding the members of the Watch with their comrade’s curse, Euron had returned to the temple to pray. He’d asked Helm for a sign, any sign, regarding his future path. The Black Claw’s plots were unfurling in various places and Euron felt a desire--no, a need--to take the field and meet them head on. His presence at the temple had filled his need to ease the burdens of the citizens of Neverwinter through good works and Ser Ironheart was a mentor on par with Father Lighthope in Candlekeep. He appreciated the older man’s willingness to let him help out, but as he rounded that corner, Euron recognized that it was time to move on.

He slowed when he reached Captain Goldbrook then halted altogether so that he didn’t barrel headlong into her. Her personal strength and skill with the halberd was spoken of highly among the Flaming Fist, and her family’s pedigree was well-known in Neverwinter. She was known to be a devout woman among the people of the temple and that engendered Euron’s respect as well.

Good day, Captain Goldbrook. My name is Euron Sand. We met earlier when I assisted your friend.” he said, offering his hand to the soldier. He wore a white linen shirt and black boots. From his neck hung a symbol of Helm mounted upon a silver chain. It was not the simple symbol that any other priest would carry, but more ornate and with a subtle sense of magic to it.

Normally it was hidden inside his robe, but he’d left that in his room as services did not begin for a few more hours. In any event he would not be here for that service. Helm had shown him that much, at least.

Is he recovering?

Westra Goldbrook

Re: The Path has led me here (post Session 27)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
"We did," Westra acknowledged, with a nod of respect to the cleric in the hall. "Though it's nice to meet you formally, Father Sand," she added. "I am glad to have the chance to thank you personally for your help earlier. I do not know what we would have done, had you not been available and willing to assist. It was a foul curse indeed that gripped Wolfe."

Though she did notice his extra-sparkly crest of Helm, her attention didn't linger on it. He was clearly a man of formidable strength and faith, and it made sense that he would be dressed in representations of his faith. Westra nodded at Euron's question.

"In his own way, yes," she said, quite certain that abusing his body further didn't quite count as "recovering", but aware that Wolfe likely knew no other way to be. Orc blood, after all. "I thought I had met most of those helping Ser Ironheart tend to Neverwinter," she added, looking for any topic aside from the half-orc of whom she was quite tired. "Have you only recently come here?"

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:57:25 PM »
There’s no need to thank me, Captain. I’m just fortunate that Helm placed me here at the right time to render aid.” Euron said, meaning it. The curse upon Wolfe was indeed a nasty one. Given what he’d heard about the man in passing, it could easily have lead to tragedy if he’d not been seen to sooner. That told Euron that he had good friends among these adventurers who had returned to Neverwinter. Helm was ever-vigilant allowing Him to see beyond the range of mortal eyes.

He certainly saw farther than Euron, who was confined to the world directly before him.

He smiled when she indicated that Wolfe was recovering in his own way. That could have been taken a few ways, none of which Euron cared to press her on at present. She asked when he’d arrived in Neverwinter and nodded in assent to her speculation that he was a recent addition.

Yes, I’ve only been here a few weeks. I’ve been working with other groups of adventurers since I left my home to the east some time ago. I’m on a personal mission of my own. I lost my perspective not long ago and came to Neverwinter to help the people. Neverwinter has suffered in recent times, but the people are strong. I’m fortunate that Ser Ironheart had use for me.” Euron said.

That being said, I’d come to tell him that I’m moving on today.” Euron said.

Westra Goldbrook

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:06:37 PM »
"Indeed, Watcher be praised," she concurred with a nod at Euron's expression of faith. She then listened as he explained both that he'd only recently arrived at Neverwinter, and that he was leaving again. His comment on the people of Neverwinter drew a small but proud little smile to her lips.

"Yes, we are a sturdy lot," she agreed. "Still, it's unfortunate to hear that you'll be moving on. Who knows what the days ahead will bring, and a holy man of your great faith would be a boon indeed. To where are you headed, if you don't mind the inquiry?"

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 04:39:51 PM »
He’d considered that Neverwinter might need his aid more in the coming days, but Euron had fought hard against his initial urge to remain here. If those cultists were not out there now, profaning the world with their dark rituals and corrupting faith, he would stay without question. But Neverwinter had already survived so much before his arrival. Euron was not arrogant enough to think that he alone could turn the tide if ill fortune came upon the land once more.

He could, however, render aid to those who had none.

No, it’s okay, Captain Goldbrook. I’m headed to the Lurkwood in the north. That personal quest I mentioned deals with stopping a cult known as the Dark Claw. They corrupt towns and villages with promises of power from their dark patron and then sacrifice the people to feed it.” Euron said.

I’ve been following their trail for some time, trying to destroy the cult and keep its influence from spreading further across Faerun. The information I have says that they've been spotted in Lurkwood, so that's where I'm headed. I’d thought to find adventurers who would travel with me to that place, but a regiment of the Flaming Fist hasn’t returned from up that way. Between that and other rumors I’ve heard, no one’s willing to go or they’re seeking exorbitant amounts to secure their services.” he said.

It was foolish and dangerous to go alone, but Euron couldn’t wait until the stars aligned to do what was right. The Watcher guided his hand and his fate. He'd provided for Euron thus far and the priest knew that He would continue.

That made his decision easy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:54:46 PM by Euron Sand »

Westra Goldbrook

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
Surprise flashed plainly across the paladin's face when Euron named his destination. She managed to hold her tongue until he'd finished speaking, but only barely.

"Yes, I know. I've only just found out, but the missing detachment is one in which my own brother serves. I have a great deal of faith in his ability to keep himself well, but it is unusual for him to go so long without sending word. I intend to travel to the Lurkwood to find him, as soon as I can gather supplies. Doctor Wicker - the Lantanese woman you saw at the castle with us earlier - will go with me. You should travel with us, Father Sand, if you will excuse my boldness. It is not a safe path for anyone to travel alone, no matter their skill. And, truth be told, we could use the extra hands ourselves."

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
It was Euron’s turn to look surprised when Westra explained her connection to the missing detachment and her own intention to lead her group that way. Once more, Helm’s hand appeared to be guiding events. How else did he explain his presence in Neverwinter at the time of the Watch’s return? Perhaps it was Helm’s way of telling him that he could not go further on his own, but that it was time to work with others whose goals aligned with his own.

But that was all secondary to the fact that the captain’s brother was part of the missing detachment.

Very well. Count me in. My personal effects are all ready to depart as soon as you are. Is there anywhere I should meet all of you?” he asked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal