collapse

* Who's Online

27 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 36. Most Online Ever: 198 (November 05, 2019, 12:34:26 AM)

* Recent Posts

SW Ep6 Roll20 Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
January 12, 2021, 09:59:18 PM

Animal Talk
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM

Roll20 Session Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM

Getting the band back together
March 06, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

Alone in the Dark
February 20, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Absences & Scheduling Issues
►Last Post by Euron Sand
November 16, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

The Forgotten
►Last Post by Levinath
November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 AM

Kara-Tur Adventures
October 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Jinharath
►Last Post by Jinharath
October 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Trolling
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
October 05, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Episode VI Archives / SW Ep6 Roll20 Logs
« Last post by phinn on February 03, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
Episode 6, Chapter 1, Session 75 - Apostasy
GM: The Hellions race away from the planet Nathema, their target in tow and held in their newly constructed detention cells aboard the Ardent Rivener. As new revelations come to light of Venn's dark past and Ashley's run-ins with the deadly Cadre whom they'd deftly avoided back on the dark world, the Hellions recoup for a moment as they plan their next move.
A full day has passed - all the Hellions recover all of their strain and heal 1 wound - and they can meet in the briefing room to discuss their next move..
Tal: Tal heads to the briefing room after cleaning his armor and making sure that the mace was combat ready (it is).
GM: Deena will have seen to any crewmembers in need, having seen to their prisoner first as Kes had instructed.
Kesvo: Kesvo commed the team and asked them to head to the briefing room, then sat down and waited for everyone to fill in.
Captain Riprock: Riprock steps into the briefing room soon after being called, sipping lightly at a cup of caf. He nods to Kes, seemingly refreshed - but then again he didn't go through the hell the rest of the team did. "Morning."
Rook: Rook had dashed back to the Garage Shop to check on IL0M, and kit up.
Kesvo: ((By "check on" she means "bolt", right?))
N1-TR0: IL-0M is just checking on N1-TR0, who is awake and conversing with the little droid in Binary!
From what Rook gathers, N1-TR0 is discussing droid rights with the floating astromech.
Kesvo: ((Kes would've visited Deena at some point during the day. Can I get a med roll?))
N1-TR0
Dice Roll
Ability SuccessAbility SuccessProficiency Success x2Proficiency Success x2Difficulty FailureDifficulty Threat x2
Results
SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessThreatThreat
Janix: Being commed to the Hellions meeting room, Janix frowned slightly. She’d not rested much and had taken time instead to speak with the prisoner. THat she’d let him get the better of her was frustrating but she had searched him again before she left, the information he provided a balm to her still unsteady. Holding some items, she enters the briefing room, without armor but her stun pistol at her side.
Rook: Rook laughs in delight, and will pat IL0M and then give an awkward hug to N1. "Good to see you are awake!" She glances at IL0M, and angles her head to the side, listening for a bit. She nods quietly, and says softly, "IL0M, little guy, I am conflicted on the topic, too. I don't approve of any sort of slavery."
GM: Deena sees to Kes's wounds expertly, but her bedside manner leaves much to be desired. Kes has an ache in her back and shoulders and skull after Deena gives her a deep-tissue massage. Ow.
Ashley: With a night of mostly meditation and some sleep, Ashley was doing better. There was still a line of tension in his shoulders, something that would fade over time but overall his demeanor looked normal when he joined everyone in the briefing room.
Kesvo: Kes spends the time rubbing the back of her neck, looking grumpy.
Venn: The umbaran adept joins the gathering, the darkness ruining her fingers having faded a good deal. Seeing Deena's "methods" yesterday, Venn opted instead for a stimpack from the medbay. And when she rests that night (albeit unevenly), she recovers the last wound.
Ashley: ... just ignore the fact that Raider was following him and would settle at his feet when he sat down.
Tal: Tal found it difficult to ignore the Nexu in the room. Little anklebiter.
Janix: Unceremoniously, and with some still lingering offness, Janix heads to the table and empties her hands. On the table falls a Kyber Crystal, two pendants, a lockpick, and a holdout blaster, as well as a small datapad. She looks at the small Nexu, gives it a strange look, and then looks to the gathered Hellions. “I found some things on the Doctor.” She waves at the items on the table and stands next to them, waiting.
Tal: Tal curses in Mando'a.
N1-TR0: "Suggestion: Let us continue our conversation later, fellow synthetic. The two of us must have a meeting." N1-TR0 points at the droid. "Recommendation: Be good, or I'll be forced to tear you apart for spare parts."
Tal: "I checked him!:"
Kesvo: Kes looks from the Hapan to the table, then to Tal. "I thought you checked him?"
Tal: "I took a blaster and a few other things off him. Gah!" Tal said, unhappily.
N1-TR0: N1-TR0 turns then to Rook, gesturing for her to lead. "Courtesy: After you."
Kesvo: Kesvo stood up and reached over to pick up the datapad. She checks it to see if it's locked up.
...while waiting for Rook.
Janix: “He seems to be a tricky one...” Janix doesn’t mention the other artifact even though the recording would show a Hapan one she kept to herself. “He was using the datapad and I assumed that was not an approved item.”
GM: It is indeed secured.
Kesvo: She hands it to Ashley. "Open, please."
Ashley: Ashley takes the datapad from Kesvo, to do as she asked.
GM: Ashley roll an Average Computers check.
Rook: "Thank you, N1, but ... I have been asked to secure IL0M." she looked between the two droids. "Do you trust me, IL0M?"
Computers
Ashley Nasur
Dice Roll
Boost SuccessAbility SuccessAbility AdvantageProficiency SuccessProficiency Triumph(+Success)Proficiency BlankDifficulty Failure x2Difficulty Blank
Results
SuccessSuccessAdvantageTriumph
Kesvo: "Wait, you 'found' things on him? You went down to talk to him alone and opened his cell?" she realized, looking to Janix
Il0M: The droid beeps in binary: "I will remain here and offer no resistance."
Venn: "Conjugal visits aboard the Rivener. Who'd have thought?" she muses aloud in her imperial cadence.
Tal: Tal sits up, looking at the Hapan.
Janix: Janix purses her lips at Kesvo’s question waits for a beat and then answers. “Yes.” She crosses her arms but makes no other explanation of her actions.
Ashley: Ashley, from where he was working with the datapad, just let out a snort at Venn's comment.
Captain Riprock: "I take it you didn't authorize that." Riprock gestures to Kes, then to Janix with his steaming caf cup.
GM: Ashley unlocks the datapad and upon it a number of letters begin to appear in aurbesh on the screen.
Kesvo: Kesvo ignored Riprock for the moment. "Any particular reason you felt the need to do so without informing anyone?"
GM: *Hi there! Doctor Rafan Tane, your cooperating prisoner, writing you and wishing for you to open this cell upon receipt of this.
I'm sure you have a lot of questions, and I'd be happy to answer them! Sadly, there isn't anything else of interest on this datapad outside of my plea. I've wiped it.*
Is what the Datapad reads.
Ashley: (( rude ))
Janix: There was a much longer moment between Kes’ question and Nix’s answer this time. “He had knowledge about my homeworld and our artifacts. I needed to know about them. I didn’t ask him about anything beyond Hapan related topics.”
Kesvo: Kesvo sat back in her seat, her jaw shifting thoughtfully as she eyed the Hapan and considered her answer.
She looked at Riprock.
Captain Riprock: "That's the last time you do that." Riprock gestured to her with his cup.
Kesvo: And then back to Janix.
"Was this something you decided you needed on your own? Or did Coszette put you up to it?"
Venn: "I mean that is quite ballsy behavior for a first week on the job."
Ashley: "... stating that the good Doctor is still most certainly that asshole," says Ashley, reading over the message in aurebesh. "It's a message that requests we release him from his cell because he'll happily answer our questions," he informs. Pause. "Also he apparently wiped the datapad." Which Ashley would confirm after relaying the message.
Kesvo: Kesvo watches the blue woman closely, half-expecting her to prevaricate.
Ashley: It's not like he actually trusts Tane after all.
Janix: Between Riprock, Kes, and Venn, Janix did manage to look a least slightly chastised. She shouldn’t have gone, but she wanted to set things right back home. Looking at the Hellions, she wondered if this would cause an issue going forward. “Coszette dealt with him for the artifacts, which is all she told me. I asked her for a team that would be worthy of me, and she made it seem like this might help her and help me at the same time.”
Kesvo: Kesvo set her caf down a little harder than she needed to. She didn't say I knew it, I told you so out loud, but the way she looked at Riprock said plenty.
Rook: Rook grins at the little guy, though it's a kinda sideways, sad thing. "I've been asked to put a restraining bolt on you, by folks that have reasons to be very afraid of Droids. So if I don't, because I trust you, I still need to put some security on the room here. And if you do run off, they will react ... very poorly. so if you have programing that will compel you to free Dr. Tane, it might work out better if you tolerate the restraining bolt. It's up to you, though. Either the bolt, or I enable security here and monitor it, like being in a cell, kind of."
Captain Riprock: "Janix." Riprock spoke slowly.
"I'm gonna make somethin crystal clear to you."
"There ain't room for anyone's side-agenda here. You're here to be part of the team. Not for us to be your shield, your sidekicks, your backup, none of that."
Rook: "... or, if you want, you can come to the briefing room and I'll ask if we can put you in with Dr tane?"
Il0M: Binary: "This unit will not attempt to free Doctor Tane. It will comply with your request."
Captain Riprock: "You tell us what Tane told you."
"Or I kick you off this ship in an escape pod."
Janix: After Riprock spoke, Janix nodded and stood at attention, a clearly military born stance. She nodded and accepted the man’s stern word. “Yes, understood.” She said, without excuse and without elaboration.
Tal: Tal agreed with Kesvo and Riprock. He didn't say anything, through he was annoyed at Tane's continuing garbage...and the fact that he hadn't stripped him of all his weapons, as he'd thought.
Janix: “The Doctor said that he used to work for the Inquisitorius to determine if artifacts were of merit or not. He was the only one who knew anything about Hapan artifacts and made it seem like they were a study of his and not others in the employ of the Inquisitorius who knew anything about my people.” Janix’s speech was not emotive as she reported to Riprock and the Hellions. An attempt for some peacekeeping by not trying to excuse her behavior and complying readily.
Rook: Rook will enable security protocols on the Garage Shop, and COMM Kled to tell him IL0M has agreed to stay there. Gravely she will turn to IL0M, and say, "Thank you." The look she gives N1-TR0 is a quite thoughtful. (what do I need to roll, or is somethign set up?)
Kesvo: "That's everything?" Kesvo asked, watching Janix closely.
Janix: “He mentioned vaults but that nobody knows where they all are. Maybe he knows where some are? I did not ask further.”
She paused for a moment in the quiet that followed. “You should be able to review the security footage. I did not disrupt the ship’s security. I am not here to destroy that which the Hellions have built.”
Cool
Kesvo
Dice Roll
Boost SuccessAbility AdvantageProficiency Success x2Proficiency SuccessProficiency Success + AdvantageDifficulty ThreatDifficulty Threat x2Difficulty Threat
Results
SuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessSuccessThreatThreat
GM (GM)
Dice Roll
Setback Threat
Results
Threat
Dice Pool
Kesvo
Dice Roll
Boost Success + Advantage
Results
SuccessAdvantage
Kesvo stood up.
And walked over to stand in front of Janix.
She turned, though, and looked across the table to Riprock.
Kesvo: "I can't have her in here for what we're talking about next. Not if she's not gonna be forthright with us."
Captain Riprock: The Captain issues a small sigh, lifting a hand up to rub at his brow.
Venn: Venn wants to point out that Tal is playing Galaga at his station's screen... but she does not.
Kesvo: She looked back to Janix.
"You asked me what you needed to do to be official?"
"Be one of us."
Rook: Rook and N1 will head towards the briefing room. She glances at the Droid, slightly bothered. "You feeling ok? IL0M had some ideas for dealing with the permanent damage, but I felt you should have a say in the matter, since there are some risks."
Ashley: Someone's gotta be Ashley's Galaga score ...
Tal: Tal is not playing Galaga. It's Space Invaders.
Ashley: gotta beat*-- Oh, well. Space Invaders is all Tal then.
Kesvo: "I dunno what Coszette's after, or how strong your loyalties lie towards her versus the crew you're trying to be part of, but you need to sort it out and make a decision, Janix."
Janix: “I told you what he said to me.” With a beat, she sighs softly and pulls out a small artifact, on the camera, it would be what the Doctor dropped but caught. “He had this on him, but it belongs on Hapes, not wherever the Hellions take their artifacts.” She said that with conviction. The item has religious runes on it, and while familiar to Janix, she expects it is strange to the other Hellions. She holds onto it and doesn’t set it on the table.
N1-TR0: "Statement: I am operating at 100% efficiency within my new operating parameters. While I cannot access all of my memory core, I am confident that expanded exposure to stimuli and opportunities will provide neural regrowth and access to those files."
Tal: Tal's not thrilled about Janix not playing straight with them. But he trusts Kesvo to get the truth out of the Hapan.
Kesvo: Kes doesn't look at what's in Janix's hand. Still watching the woman, she nods towards the table.
"Put it down."
Janix: “This isn’t about Coszette. This is about Hapes. This is about the life I left.” She doesn’t elaborate. Reluctantly, she puts it on the table, especially when she looks at Tal and recalls what he did with his bare fists.
Kesvo: The tension finally releases from Kesvo when Janix relents and sets the item down.
Only then does she turn and look at it.
She then goes back to her seat.
"I don't think anyone here cares if you take that back to Hapes."
GM: Rook and N1-TR0 reach the briefing room.
Kesvo: "But I for damn sure care when you try to steal it and lie about having it."
Ashley: As far as Ashley was concerned, Janix could have been upfront--once she had seen them in action, once she knew them--and this would have not been as big of a deal. Now, however ...
Kesvo: "You being here requires trust on our part, Janix. But that goes two ways. We have to be able to trust you, too."
Captain Riprock: "That's why we're in this whole mess in the first place."
Janix: With a bit of anger, she does respond to Kes. “I did not steal this from you, this was on the Doctor. But...” she pauses. “I understand,” her anger diminishes and she quiets, chastised. “If you allow it, I will work to regain your trust. Everyone’s trust.”
Kesvo: You have to trust us some, too."
Rook: Rook nodded, and asked, "What would you think about a neural processor upgrade? IL0M said something about transferring your self ... your memories and programing ... to a new droid brain but he said you could loose your sense of you." she says as she steps into the room. She glances around the briefing room with a smile, her grin growing to delighted when she spies Raider. "Hey, cutie!" she leans over and feeds him a little snack, before taking up her accustomed perch by the door. "I wanted to say-" she cuts herself off, hearing something about trust and finally noticing how tense everyone is.
Kesvo: She sighed.
Ashley: Raider, of course, is all about the treat. Messily tearing into it and devouring it as is his way. Ashley, however, actually looks a little less tense and amused by Rook's actions.
Captain Riprock: Riprock taps on the side of his cup.
Kesvo: Kesvo glances to Riprock.
"I was gonna fill her in," she said.
"You still feel good about it?"
Captain Riprock: The recently reconstructed Captain gives a shrug. "If it turns out bad, I think we have the resources to take care of it."
"I think we should have Tak be her new bunkmate, though."
Venn: (CUDDLY!)
Kesvo: "You say that because you haven't heard what I think is gonna be our next job." She looks back to Janix and studies her.
Captain Riprock: "...I have a bad feeling about this."
Janix: Janix frowned at the idea of sharing a room, let alone a bunk, with a Wookie.
Ashley: "To be frank, I'm beginning to wonder if the perpetual bad feeling is ever going to leave."
Rook: Rook's glance travels around the room, wondering just what she'd missed. She glances at the inexplicable items on the table, but doesn't ask.
Kesvo: "If you put your own goals ahead of ours in this next job, very bad things are going to happen, Janix. If you're not ready to be all-in, you can step out. Not gonna think less of you for it. You can still be the hired muscle, work with us, get shit done."
"But if you stay in here, I need your commitment. I need you all-in. No more lies. No more half-truths or omissions. We trust each other."
Janix: She lets Kes' words sink in and thinks for a moment. Whatever she said next, she would have to abide by it, give her word. It was a few seconds before she responded. "I hear what you and Riprock have said. I will show you the same trust you show me. I will work with you as a team. Trust you, trust everyone." It would be harder at first, so many new faces, but looking at each one, she wanted that.
Rook: Rook recalls the shock, when she didn't just join Kesvo and Riprock's crew. her glance at Janix is a mix of sympathetic and curious. What would the commando choose, on such short notice?
Kesvo: "Alright," she said, with a short nod. She looks around to those who haven't spoken up. "Any objections to bringing Janix all the way on board?"
Venn: "We should get the sacred Hellion dagger, and be on with the palm slicing. Blood pact."
She nods in a serious way.
Captain Riprock: "I have enough scars, thanks."
Tal: "If she's going to be straight with us from now on, I have no objections." Tal said
Janix: The look Janix gives Venn clearly shows she doesn’t understand if the Umbaran is joking or not.
Venn: The umbaran doesn't know either.
Rook: Rook is startled bright grin at Venn, but she nods approvingly. It was a very Mandalorian thing. "I know some traditions!" she offers.
N1-TR0: "Statement: I vote with the majority - I'm a joiner, not an independent tthinker."
Kesvo: Kes laughs dryly, caught off guard by N1TR0's comment. "Good to see you up and about, N1."
Ashley: "Hint," says Ashley, at Janix's look. "You will never know if she is serious or not. Though ..." He looks over at Rook as she adds in her own thoughts. "I'd edge towards serious." Mostly but not really.
N1-TR0: "Affirmation: I too am happy to be walking around. I am beginning to suspect that Rook has started to grow romantic feelings for me."
Kesvo: Kesvo blinks
N1-TR0: N1-TR0 throws Kesvo a thumbs up.
Venn: (How does that work? Oh it works.)
Ashley: Ashley raises an eyebrow and then shakes his head at the thumbs up.
Kesvo: "Ohhhkay," she says, then shakes her head and stands up again.
Janix: Janix, standing and waiting for if she’d be part of the team or not, gives Ashely, Venn, and N1-TR0 strange looks. The team was surely a strange team. Different backgrounds, different personalities, but all-powerful.
Kesvo: "Not too late to change your answer," Kesvo tells Janix, with a smirk.
Janix: “While I might not understand if you are joking or not right now,” she mostly is talking about Venn and Ashely’s comments, “I’d rather be with you and deal with this.” She waves her hand at the conversation between the team. There is something slightly endearing about it all, but she doesn’t admit it.
Captain Riprock: Riprock stands up, walks over to a console and presses the button to secure the room. Suddenly the room shimmers and there's a slight buzzing in the air. The doors close and it feels a bit more closed in now.
"Room secure." The Captain lifts his cup toward Kes in salute, then moves to sit next to Venn.
Rook: Rook looked over at N1 for a beat or two, unable to stop an amused grin. "I think we will not find anyone else who can run an hour through a demon infested jungle and still be sane a day later." she paused, and looked at Janix, wondering if she'd vanish as Drasek had. "I vote her in."
Kesvo: "Alright," she said, with a nod. She looked to Janix. "Welcome to your second chance. Have a seat."
Janix: Rook’s exuberance brought a small smile from Janix, directed at the young mechanic. She sits, at Kes' direction, with some small delay but nothing to speak of her reservation. "Thank you, Hellions."
Kesvo: She tapped on the holo-table in the center of the room and called up some of the information she'd prepared.
"The Black Sun wants to hire us, ladies and gents," she tells them, while calling up an image of a space station.
"This is Ardis Outpost, a spot way out in wild space. There's an informant there they want us to meet who has information on a weapon the Imperial Remnant is working on."
"The short of it is that they want us to meet the informant to collect their intel, then use it to destroy the weapon being made and steal the related research."
"But for reasons I'll explain in a minute, we'll need to pull this off in some way that protects our anonymity. We'll need to pin the attack and theft on some other entity."
Kesvo: "So it'll be tricky, probably pretty sticky, and the implications could be pretty big. This weapon we're talking about is supposed to be substantial."
"But the payout is 500,000," she said, folding her arms.
Rook: "Kes, I'm not sure about handing the Black Sun that kind of a weapon."
Captain Riprock: Riprock mutters softly. "That's how they get ya."
Rook: Rook looks over at the Captain.
Ashley: One hand, Imperial Remnant. Other hand, Black Sun. Lovely.
Kesvo: "The plan is to destroy the weapon. It's the research that we'll be leaving with," she clarified. "And there's a use for it."
Janix: Black Sun is lost on Janix, but she defers to the Hellions. While she might look slightly uncertain, she doesn’t speak up.
Tal: Tal whistles at the sound of that payday.
"I heard you right, didn't I? Five-hundred thousand credits?"
"But...we give all of this to Black Sun."
Kesvo: "Full disclosure, the Vigo of the Black Sun is an acquaintance of mine. A Falleen royal. He has been working over the past years to get his organization into a position of trust as vendors to the First Order. That's why they were on Skye as part of that arms deal."
"It's his goal to use the research as bait to lure those in control of the project into a trap."
Venn: "Oh. I almost killed him. Apparently, didn't take."
Captain Riprock: "The arms deal we disrupted."
Kesvo: Kes smirked at Venn.
"Yes," she agreed, to Riprock.
Captain Riprock: "So all of this is a long-con?"
Rook: "So we could use flawed research, such that the Black Sun could not rebuild the weapon? What do you know about The Black Sun?"
Ashley: Riprock covered Ashley's immediate question, at least.
Kesvo: "Not all of it, I'm sure. He's a fairly ruthless individual, and we all know the Black Sun isn't running a daycare. But his work with te Remnant has been a con, yes."
Captain Riprock: The Captain turns to look at the others slowly, then back to Kes. "Who are we going to pin this on?"
Tal: Tal had done some work for Black Sun in the past, before meeting the Hellions. The fact that they would be running into Xizor's people again was a problem.
Rook: "If we agree ... I'd vote Prince Molec."
Kesvo: "I have some ideas. But first I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the general job. I need to explain that among the top officials, the Prince expects Vader himself to come after the research."
Captain Riprock: Riprock visibly pales at that.
Rook: Rook goes quite still.
Ashley: Ashley just leans back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling.
Kesvo: "He wants to tell the First Order that he hired the Hellions to acquire the stolen research from whatever party we pin it on."
"And so he'll have us with him when he sets the trap."
Venn: Venn cants her head and features quirk at some of that.
Kesvo: "It's good money. But regardless of the rest of the details about this, if the intel checks out it would mean we're taking away a sizable weapon from the remnant. One that's nearly completed."
"Like many of you, I have personal reasons to want to see Vader brought low. So I'm on board with this, on hundred percent. But the risk is big enough here that I want all of us to be in, across the board."
"So. Questions. Concerns. Let's hear it."
Venn: "Vader is dead."
"So I assume you mean some fool playing dress up."
Kesvo: "The Prince believes otherwise. But if he's wrong, the trap will still take down whatever heads come in his place."
Venn: "He is wrong."
Kesvo: "Then we'll take down other high-ranking officials, with less risk to us."
"But I felt it was only fair to disclose the Prince's expectations."
Captain Riprock: Riprock wipes at his face slowly, still obviously spooked by what Kes just said.
His fingers trace the small lines in his cheeks and jaw.
Venn: "Princes always have their expectations, I've found." she muses and shrugs.
N1-TR0: "Query: Does Seven." N1-TR0 pointed to Janix. "Know our primary purpose?"
Tal: "Five-hundred thousand credits is nothing to sneeze at." Tal said.
"But this kind of heat is bigger than anything we've dealt with." he said, looking around the table to gauge what the others were thinking.
Nitro's question also brought up a salient point.
Kesvo: "Not yet," she said, to Nitro.
N1-TR0: "Suggestion: It would be prudent for this discussion that she do so. In my opinion, what you describe represents the purpose for this team's creation."
Captain Riprock: Riprock turned to Venn, his face still somewhat pale. "You're sure he's dead?" He asked, seeking some reassurance, obviously.
Janix: Janix, looking between N1 and Kes, shows some slight confusion. "I've heard the name Vader but I'm not familiar with it beyond him being reported dead, like Venn said. It is a lot of credits though for these Black Suns to pay us."
Kesvo: "The mercenary troupe The Hellions is our cover, Janix. We're Republican agents."
"We go places the Republic can't go, and do things they can't or won't do."
Tal: He'd heard that Vader was dead, but with the Imperials still kicking, there was no way to be sure. If he wasn't dead...the galaxy was a more dangerous than before.
Kesvo: "We were recruited for this purpose, to reduce the threat of the First Order in the galaxy, however we can."
Venn: Pale blue eyes drift to glance at Riprock. "Your fear is clouding what our friend on Yavin told you himself."
She looks back to Kesvo spilling all the hot tea for the Hapan.
Captain Riprock: The Captain, lost for a moment, nods slowly. "You're right. You're right. Just... I don't get it, is all."
Janix: “Hm.” Janix replied, working through the history she knew well and the rumors she heard since leaving Hapes. “It seems like a noble cause compared to that of the Empire. I see why now you need me to trust you though. I would believe destroying this weapon, regardless of the scrutiny it brings you, would align with that.”
Ashley: Ashley finally spoke. "Master Skywalker said it himself. That Vader died. Turning to the Light in the end. If there's someone saying he's alive, it's the First Order trying to spook people or ... Someone pretending."
Kesvo: "Oh, people are saying it, certainly," Kesvo said. "But there are always likely to be rumors about a boogeyman as dark as that one."
N1-TR0: "Suggestion: It could be a useful form of propaganda, as Vader was seen as a terrifying agent of the Emperor."
Venn: Despite unfamiliar with these types of expressions, she casually pats the Captain on the arm with her dark-fingered hand. Some manner of physical support in the moment.
Kesvo: She nods to Nitro's point
Ashley: "That right there," says Ashley in regards to N1's words.
Rook: or something more. Rook considered how both Sith and Jedi could 'program' part of themselves into objects. "Would Vader, when he was alive, had made a ... thing ... so that some poor fool touched it and now really thinks he is vader?"
N1-TR0: "Query, Two: You are most informed on this matter. What is your stance and hypothesis?"
Venn: "There actually is merit to that... a couple of years ago, I recall one of the Cadre saying that the galaxy was rife with superstition that could be exploited."
Tal: "Are we simply getting info from this informant? Or are we actually extracting him from Ardis Outpost?" Tal asked, his eyes going back to the holo.
Kesvo: "Just getting intel from them. It's a local broker by the name of Maya."
"Ardis Outpost is like Skye City. A Czerka-owned station."
Captain Riprock: "At the edge of the Unknown Regions."
Ashley: Ashley just ... looked up again towards the ceiling at the mention of Czerka. For reasons.
Venn: "My stance is if there is an powerful weapon in play and we can remove it from circulation and from causing mass harm, I am game. Everything else to me is window dressing."
Captain Riprock: Riprock spoke up with a bit more steady calm, recalling his knowledge of the Outer Rim.
Kesvo: "It's remote, but we ought to be able to dock and move around without much trouble. Provided that our more famous members stay disguised," she said, looking to Tal and then to the Skye City Champion.
Ashley: ((is there like ... a check for knowledge about said region?))
Tal: "Just our luck if there's another major race going on out there around this time." Tal said, thinking back to the Star of Kepler.
GM: Four Purple Outer Rim check.
Ashley: "As long as no one is able to make use of the weapon, that we take it out of play entirely, then I'm all about it," he adds finally.
Captain Riprock: "Need to know who we're pinning this on."
Outer Rim
Tal Vodax
Dice Roll
Ability Success x2Ability SuccessDifficulty Failure + ThreatDifficulty FailureDifficulty Failure + ThreatDifficulty Failure
Results
FailureThreatThreat
Captain Riprock: "We'll need to do prep to make it fit."
Outer Rim
Ashley Nasur
Dice Roll
Boost Advantage x2Ability AdvantageAbility Success + AdvantageAbility Advantage x2Ability AdvantageAbility AdvantageDifficulty BlankDifficulty BlankDifficulty FailureDifficulty BlankSuccess
Results
SuccessAdvantageAdvantageAdvantageAdvantageAdvantageAdvantageAdvantageAdvantage
Venn: "Spitfire's suggestion sounds fun."
Kesvo: She nods to Riprock.
"Is anyone not on board so far?" she asked, making a point to check the reaction of everyone present.
Rook: "Yeah, that's my concern." Rook nods to Ashley. "I don't want to hand a weapon like this to the Black Sun, not even the plans for it." She grins at Venn, and throws a thumbs up at the Umbaran.
Ashley: ((the blank gods have smiled upon me))
Kesvo: "The plan is for the research to ultimately be destroyed," she said, nodding to that concern.
Tal: Tal looks troubled by what he's hearing, especially given what he knows about the Unknown Regions. He remembers stories his father told him about creatures that eat starships and humanoids who wear the skin of unwary travelers like cloaks.
Venn: (jesus)
Captain Riprock: "How are we going to pin it on the Zygerrians, exactly?"
"I'm not a Zygerrian, and I sure as hell am not gonna wear a suit of fur."
Rook: "Then I don't see that we have a choice. We have to destroy it." She grins at Riprock, and says, "We have that face faker-thing Kes got for tal!"
Kesvo: "We fake a money trail. We'll pull off the heist ourselves, pretending to be pirates hired by whomever we pin it on."
"Is one way."
Captain Riprock: "Better make sure we all wear masks or some goofy outfits or something - make sure it's not traceable back to us."
Rook: "we've got some zygerrian gear still, I think. we could leave a few pieces behind."
Captain Riprock: The Cap grumps.
Kesvo: "Yeah it's definitely going to take some planning. It's not going to be an easy thing, by any means."
Ashley: "I was wanting to get something more than just my goggles," noted Ashley about Riprock's masks.
Captain Riprock: "I agree that it's something we should do. But it sounds like it's going to bite us in the ass."
Tal: "Destroying the research and plans needs to happen. But the Unknown Regions is...well, there's a reason it's unknown." Tal said, suppressing a shudder.
"Yeah, whoever we pin this on, it's gotta be airtight. If we go that way with it.
Kesvo: "Alternatively, we could legitimately hire some shady group we wouldn't mind sacrificing. Send them in with a different goal while we sneak in at the same time to do what we need."
Rook: Rook nodded to the Captain. "I don't think we need the truth to stay hidden very long. just long enough to lure the leadership in close."
Venn: "Patsies."
Captain Riprock: Riprock points to Kes, sitting up. "That's an idea."
"I can name a few shady groups that I'd be happy taking a hit for us."
Kesvo: "We would just have to make a trail that leads their funds back to someone we dislike."
"Or some other convincing link."
"Because the heads of the FO are going to look at this very closely. Make no mistake, this is the mother of all hornets nest we're talking about kicking."
((or whatever the SW version of hornets are))
Venn: ((Ashleys))
Ashley: "... also the Unknown Regions are mostly untouched by the Empire or the Republic, so if you were going to be doing something questionable," like working on a weapon, "that's where you might want to be." Though he was also think about Ilum, a planet where kyber crystals were traditionally found, was out there with a lost temple ... "Probably find plenty of people wanting to not be found or looking for trouble and glad to make some coin to cause some."
Captain Riprock: "We should at least call it in and let Ackbar know we're going to be off the grid for a bit in case he wants to reach us."
Kesvo: Kesvo nods at the Captain.
"We can let him know we'll be out of touch, but I'd keep the rest of it to ourselves. This needs to be airtight, or we're all gonna have alot more attention than we want."
Venn: "Don't a few of us need to restock arms and equipment, too?"
"We also have to offload our annoying cargo."
Captain Riprock: "There's an airlock." The Captain gestures toward the rear of the ship.
Rook: "Tal's sword is a lost cause. I might be able to rescue his attachments, but even that isn't a sure thing. And I need parts to rebuild my rocket launcher," Rook said sadly.
"Shouldn't we talk to him? Want me to bring im up here and we can chat?"
Kesvo: "Tane apparently has a talent for finding these artifacts that everyone's after," Kes points out. "I haven't talked to him yet, but it's possible we could put him to use."
Rook: Rook says, unaware he's been talked to ...
Venn: "He's a criminal."
Kesvo: "So are we."
Ashley: "... well, like I said earlier, apparently he's willing to talk." A gesture was made to the data pad. "If his charming message is to be believed."
Captain Riprock: "I prefer the term terrorist."
Rook: Rook stood up, her head angled at the Captain, but she bit back her snarky remark. He was having a bad day.
Venn: "No we aren't. We pose as criminals for the good of others." she says, sitting up
Kesvo: "Ardis Station is a trading hub, so we'll be able to find some supplies there. Cap can check the routes, though, and maybe find a more familiar place between here and there to stock up before getting out of familiar space."
Janix: “He might know where to find more Hapan artifacts, which is something I’d like to ask him more about as well. After Kesvo of course.”
N1-TR0: "Suggestion: Perhaps if we relieve ourselves of Doctor Tane we can keep his droid? It seemed quite competent."
Kesvo: "Those fancy lightsabers you two use run on a very expensive, stolen crystal, Two."
Captain Riprock: Riprock smirks, just a little, at Kes's point.
Venn: "I found my crystal on a corpse."
Kesvo: Kes rolls her eyes.
"Alright."
"I want to talk to Tane before we make decisions about what to do with him, at least."
Rook: "I like IL0M," she said softly, leaving behind the argument about criminals. to most people, all Mandalorians were criminals.
Ashley: "I'm the one using the stolen crystals," notes Ashley.
Venn: "If he has importance to the Hapans, why not give him to Coszette to do deal with."
Rook: "shall i bring him up here?" she asks Kesvo
Venn: "Otherwise, he cavorts with murderous organizations and enriches them for his own gain."
Kesvo: "Maybe, Nitro, we'll have to see. No, Rook."
Janix: At Venn’s comment, Janix nods. “That could work.”
Captain Riprock: "We should call in to Ackbar first, see if there's anything pressing. We'll have time to interrogate Tane and restock after. Ardis is a pretty far run from where we're at. The Rivener might make it in a week."
Kesvo: "That's an option," she said, nodding to Venn.
Tal: "Yeah, the Cadre wanted him bad. Letting them get their hands on him sounds bad."
Captain Riprock: "More like two, though."
Venn: "Can we get more people dedicated to doing the astrogation to tighten that up?" she asks the Captain. "There are tons of big brains and droids to lean on now."
Rook: "Will we be close to home? any chance we could restock at Vlemoth?" Rook asked.
Captain Riprock: Riprock narrows his eyes at Venn. "What're you trying to say?"
Kesvo: Kesvo picks up her caf and sips it rather than comment on astrogation.
Ashley: "I can help, since I'm not in medical all the time," says Ashley helpfully.
Captain Riprock: "I've gotten us everywhere faster than anyone you'd find."
Venn: "I don't try to say anything. I simply say things. You know that."
Rook: Rook laughs again, as they teased the Captain about his astrogation.
Kesvo: "Why don't we start by heading to the closest viable, populated place. We can restock, do whatever we're gonna do with Tane, and start putting together this plan for finding patsies."
Captain Riprock: "You do the weird force witch stuff." He points to Venn. Then jerks a thumb back to himself. "I do the spaceship stuff."
Venn: "We have a different ship, different personel and droid resources."
Captain Riprock: "I don't need a karkin astromech."
"Droids are second-hand brains."
N1-TR0: N1-TR0 lifts up his finger.
Venn: "Pretty please." she says, deadpan.
Kesvo: "Riprock, will you see if you can raise Akbar?"
Captain Riprock: The Captain's eyes narrow just a bit at Venn, but he gets up. He points at her still, as if indicating this wasn't over - then walked over to the comm station.
Rook: "or Mandalore."
Captain Riprock: "What?!"
"Why would we go to Mandalore?"
Rook: "it's in the outer rim, and i can get gear there, and I know some people there."
Kesvo: "Nar Shadaa might be an easier place to put together the pieces we're gonna need for this job."
Venn: "This is getting out of hand. Can I smoke in here? Actually, probably a bad idea." says Venn, to no one in particular.
Rook: "I don't know anything about arrogation," she soothed the Captian. "but if we are looking for a place to shop and restock, I'd like to try Mnadalore or Vlemoth."
Captain Riprock: "It's not in the outer rim, but it's not far."
Ashley: "... I am just going to go look and see what is closest," says Ashley, moving to stand and dislodging Raider from his feet, "while the Captain is trying to raise Ackbar."
Captain Riprock: "Closer than Nar Shaddaa. But that's a mess of a planet to get involved in."
Rook: She shrugged at Kesvo, not surprised that the team was anxious about the places Rook cared about; Mandalore was in a bad place.
Captain Riprock: Riprock quickly keys in a secure signal and calls back to Home One.
Admiral Ackbar: Ackbar's visage flickers into view in the center of the holographic table. "This is Home One on a secure channel. Go ahead Hellions."
Rook: Rook waves to the vaunted and much respected Historical Figure, wondering if he had gotten her letter, or if it had died an early death at the hands of some secretary or lieutenant.
Venn: (if he just looks at Janix and says its a trap, tho)
Kesvo: "Admiral," Kesvo says, turning towards the comm. "We're just checking in. We have a lead on a job that promises high yields, but it's gonna take us off the grid for a couple of weeks, at least. The kind of thing you probably would rather know about after the fact."
Janix: (hahah, good plan Venn)
Admiral Ackbar: "Understood. You wouldn't be happening to be going anywhere near Unknown Regions, would you?"
Kesvo: Kesvo arched a brow.
"Actually, yes."
Admiral Ackbar: "Serendipitous!"
Venn: "...is it though?"
Admiral Ackbar: "Perhaps. Though I cannot say without more information."
"You may all remember Agent Alico from Foundry Four."
Kesvo: "Indeed."
Tal: "Yes, sir."
Admiral Ackbar: "She has returned to her work on gathering information on the Remnant and their activities. She has important information that is too dangerous to transmit over holo."
"Is there a place I can have her rendezvous with you?"
Tal: Tal looks to the others. That's lining up a little too well.
Kesvo: "Whereabouts in the unknown regions is she?"
Admiral Ackbar: "I cannot say, but she has transport."
Ashley: Somehow, this seemed to be lining up rather nicely ...
Kesvo: Kesvo paused, considered it, then asked, "Can she make it to Ardis Outpost? We coudd get by there without losing too much time or drawing alot of attention, I think."
"Are we picking her up, or just her intel?"
Admiral Ackbar: "I will send her the information. I do not know her status. She can report more once she meets you."
"Hopefully you will not have to retrieve her in the midst of a battle, like last time."
Captain Riprock: "Yeah, I'm about done with trying to dock ships mid-firefight."
Tal: Tal felt that sentiment on a deep level.
Admiral Ackbar: "I will leave you to it. Once you're in a secure area, please get the information to me immediately. May the Force Be With You, Hellions."
Venn: The pink haired woman flips up the screen at her station at the table. She worked under the understanding that the secure communication could not accomodate any large data, but some coordinates should be fine. "Admiral, one more matter. We made contact with a planet that I am reccomending be flagged for the highest level of quarantine the New Republic has due to Force related anomalies. A full report to follow when we a full debrief is possible."
Admiral Ackbar: "Understood, Two. Thank you for the heads up."
Venn: She fires off the alphanumeric coordinates and then nods to the war hero.
Admiral Ackbar: Unless stopped by anyone else, the Admiral ends the signal.
Venn: (GET A NEW FOB)
Kesvo: "Admiral, we're at least a week out, likely closer to two. And we'll be keeping a low profile once we're there."
"I'm not even sure we'll be in the same ship. We're gonna have to have some way to make contact with Alico."
Venn: "Get me planetside with her and I can possibly point you in a general direction."
Admiral Ackbar: "What would you suggest?"
Kesvo: "It..." she paused, casting an odd look to Venn. "...seems like we might have a method, after all," she corrected. "But let her know we're maybe two weeks out, please."
Admiral Ackbar: "I will do so."
"The sooner we receive her report, the better, however."
Kesvo: "Understood."
Rook: Rook started to interject but given Venn's power, she just nodded. better something no one else could intercept.
Admiral Ackbar: "Thank you for your work Hellions. The future of the Republic is bright with you fighting for us."
"May the Force Be With You."
GM: The transmission ends.
Rook: "And with you, Admiral." Rook says softly. He was still an amazing man.
Kesvo: Kesvo sighs. "Never simple."
Ashley: "And yet if it was, we'd probably be bored."
Kesvo: "Pfft. Not me."
Captain Riprock: "Well, it'd be boring otherwise, right?" He pats Kes's shoulder, then moves for the door after hitting the switch to un-secure the room. "Going to jot that astrogation check."
Venn: "We have all these computers and fancy doohickeys and we cant cut down that time?"
Kesvo: "Venn quit aggravating the captain."
Captain Riprock: "Just let me know where we're going." He calls over his shoulder, already moving for the bridge.
Venn: "Half a month with a prisoner sounds right buggered." she attests.
Rook: Rook sends a thumbs up after the captain, then watches Kesvo. "You mind if I check on Tane?"
Kesvo: "We can drop Tane wherever we stock up, if that's what we decide to do with him."
"You think he's going somewhere?" she asked Rook.
Tal: "So...where are heading for the refuel?" Tal asked.
Venn: (Ashley is the co pilot so GO DO IT)
Ashley: (he gonna!!)
Kesvo: "We need to decide." Kesvo pulls up the charts on the big table.
Rook: "He's a puzzle to me. I can't reconcile what we saw of the dead folks he left in his wake, with how IL0M sees him. Makes me curious. i suspect there's more to the story."
Kesvo: "His story can wait until we've figured out more of our story," Kesvo murmured, flicking through the charts, looking for Nathema.
"Where the devil are we...'
GM: Nathema is on no charts - however your current location places you not far from Zygerria!
Ashley: The Pantoran actually follows the Captain out because, damnit, he's co-pilot and ... he actually likes being able to help fly a spaceship okay.
... and yes, Raider went with him. Though he did give Janix a rather long, lingering look.
Kesvo: "Ash, I need you in here for this," she says, when the Pantoran gets up to leave.
Ashley: "So close," he mutters, and spins on his heel. "Sure, what's up?" The nexu kitten ends up sitting and staring at Janix.
Rook: Rook shrugged. "Zygerria's close, and would help frame the right people, but it'll be horrid and we're likely to be overcharged for everything. and if I see any Mando's enslaved, from any Clan, I'm going to insist on freeing them."
Kesvo: "Zygerria isn't far. Cantonica. There are routes going past Ord Mantell. could even make a case for Coruscant."
Janix: Janix looks at the Nexu but looks away. Out of the corner of her eye, she watches, unsettled but not going to show that to a predator. Perhaps Rook has more Nexu treats...
Kesvo: "I don't particularly wanna show our faces around Zygerria if we're about to frame them for something," she pointed out.
Venn: "Cantonica is a world full of posh rich gamblers and war profiteers."
"The capital city at least. But it is civilized, but if you get turned off by the excess of the wealthy..."
N1-TR0: "Observation: The wealthy should have a vibrant black market in the area!"
Tal: "Cantonica or Coruscant is my vote." Tal said.
Kesvo: "Cantonica?" she asks, looking around to those who hadn't spoken up.
Janix: "I am happy with whatever the team decides." Janix says without voting.
Kesvo: "Yeah, you only get a few more of those," she murmurs after Janix.
Venn: "I've only heard the stories from someone. By what I've heard, it tracks with Nitro's observation... its definitely a haven for war profiteers, so that may mean a good black market scene."
Janix: "I don't know the other world," she offers. "But I have been to Coruscant."
Venn: "Its going to be posh and full of stuffy bellends with shady wealth and appetites."
Rook: Rook leans over to Janix, and says encouragingly, "It's ok. She likes ideas, and she's not shy about saying no." seeing Raider watching Janix, she grins brightly and says, "I think he likes you. Want to feed him a treat?"
Kesvo: "Sounds exploitable to me."
Venn: "Kamcakes may find it enjoyable!"
Kesvo: "Rook."
"Cantonica?"
"Ash."
"Cantonica?"
Rook: "Sounds good to me, I like Black markets."
Ashley: "I don't really have an opinion, only that it's along the way and we're able to get what we need to do done." Was this why Kesvo called him back?
Rook: "Lots of schematics!"
Janix: Janix weakly smiles at Rook. "Maybe you should feed it."
Rook: Rook happily does feed the baby nexu, murmuring to him how cutely vicious he is.
Kesvo: "Cantonica it is. Keep in mind that Aris Outpost is a ways out. If we're going to hire a crew to take the fall for the job, we need to decide if we're recruiting them here or going to try our luck on the outpost.'
Tal: Tal is convinced that Rook's sense of self-preservation was not issued with her armor.
Kesvo: "Also, if we want to frame the Zygerians for their hiring, we'll need to figure out what we're going to need for that before we leave populated space."
Ashley: He glanced towards Raider and then to Janix as Rook fed the nexu a treat. "I think it's just because of your appearance. I was the only blue individual on board for a while." Leaving out Kesvo's tendency to change skintone any time she needed to. "... which means Rook is likely right and he does like you." Maybe.
Venn: "Skipper has his list of ne'er do wells that might work."
Tal: "Also...if we try to frame the Zygerrians, they might decide to use that moment to call in their favor with Clan Awaud." Tal mentioned.
"I think finding an unrelated group of patsies is better, like the Captain and Venn have said."
Ashley: "What Venn said as well as putting out feelers for anyone that might have a grudge we can take advantage of. If they've already made attempts, or a name, then it's something we can use to our advantage."
Kesvo: "That's right," she recalls, at Venn's mention. "But because someone flustered him, he's now standing at the helm before he knows where we're going, instead of being in here, giving his input."
Captain Riprock:
Astrogation
Captain Riprock
Dice Roll
Boost Success + AdvantageBoost AdvantageBoost Success + AdvantageProficiency SuccessProficiency Success + AdvantageProficiency Advantage x2Difficulty Threat x2Difficulty Failure + ThreatDifficulty FailureDifficulty Failure + Threat
Results
SuccessAdvantageAdvantage
Janix: "Hm," Janix said to Ashely at the explanation. "That seems logical. Perhaps if Rook keeps up with the treats the Nexu will prefer her over me." While she didn't say it, there was something about how the Hapan didn't want to interact with the young beast.
Kesvo: "We need two fall guys," Kes reminded Tal. "The first will be the ground-level grunts that actually go into the facility with us. The second will be the larger organization we paint a money trail to, so that when the FO starts investigating, they won't know who really sponsored the attack."
Venn: "I fluster everyone. I cannot apologize for that." she retorts to Kesvo.
Kesvo: "Whoever that second outfit is, they're going to draw unwanted attention, but if the rest of the plan goes as hoped, the FO will be dealing with significant losses before they have a whole lot of time to do anything about it."
Rook: Rook looked thoughtful, eyes narrowed, considering the hyperspace routes. and Zygeria. "I think maybe the Zygerrian slave empire isn't big enough to seem credible, at this level? What's your take on it, Kesvo? Who would dare ire the First Order?"
Kesvo: "Even if they have time to do something about it, it doesn't seem like something the Zygerrians would see coming."
Rook: "So it'd be better to frame a particular somoeme. like ... make it look as if the zygerian king wanted the weapon expressly to take out his hated son and heir? then Molec has no reason to brign in clan awaud."
Kesvo: "Anyone could be tempted. This is intel that's jealously guarded, and I can think of a half-dozen factions who'd want access to research on a weapon that's reported to be able to take out entire worlds."
Rook: "Otherwise we'd need someone bigger. Like onw of the hutt cartels, or ... Whistescar, or the Zann consortium."
GM: As the Ardent Rivener begins to prepare for its jump to their next location, the Hellions strategize and plan their next moves. With their course set to oppose the First Order in earnest, they ready themselves for what is certainly to be their most harrowing mission yet...
End Session 75
End of Ages DTRP / Re: Animal Talk
« Last post by Doctor Catriona Wicker on April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
Catriona never had an inclination to ever call him Orc, even in the beginning of their alliance. As someone who was herself an outcast halfblood race in her own homeland, it was a sensitivity she was keenly aware of.  But she articulated as such, not immediately understanding he was pulling her chain.  “I would never…  uh.. Oh heh.” 

His admission to not having a home resonated with her in that she was rather in a similar situation.  The dormitory in the academy here at Neverwinter was just that. Room and board for faculty.  The idea of a home hasn’t really entered her thoughts, given the way her life was.

She nods at his sentiment about Neverwinter; not quite having the same animosity towards the place that he did.  Of course, she wasn’t the type of demi-human that was greatly impacted by the racist policies like others were.  It made sense he wouldn’t consider this place hospitable in that respect. 

His turn to the sentimental caught her fully off guard, like many things did.  The pale nerd’s countenance  flushed with color of bashfulness at his touching admissions.  It wasn’t like she’d ever heard such things before, particularly from someone who did not want something from her.  RIght then, maybe her allergies took a bit of a spoke because she sniffled some and rubbed her eyes behind her lenses.  Just for a bit.

“That is.. uh… incredibly kind of you.  I don’t know what to say... “ Beat.  “I mean.. I.. well you are the best friend I’ve ever had. Like.. *adorkable self-deprecating snort.*  "...ever.  Other than Gizmo.  But I only say that because I don’t want him to get ..uh.. jealous.”

“I guess its good we feel this way, since we are um… stuck together for a while yet.” she admitted, given their upcoming journey south.
« Last post by Wolfe on April 27, 2019, 03:44:02 PM »
Cat calling him Hideto gave him a moment of pause, his eyes lowering for a moment as there was some visible affect of that. "I... don't know. Both of those names were given to me. But then again, I guess all names are given to me. I'd thought of myself as Hideto for most of my life, but in the last few years Wolfe is the name I've gone by. It feels like two different people, sometimes. Two different Mes."

His bright eyes shifted to her then, almost as if seeking verification of his statement. "I think... whatever you feel best calling me, I'll be happy with. Unless it's Orc or something." He flashed a tusky-grin. "You know how much that pisses me off."

His gaze shifted forward then, seeming to weigh what she had said about the matter of arms and armor. Cat had grown up in a different world from him but she had always shown an understanding and an appreciation for the values he held dear. "I don't have a home right now. I have a house somewhere far from here that is mine by right. But without the people in it, it won't feel like home again. Maybe that's why I couldn't stay in Kara Tur. It no longer felt like it used to. I didn't feel like I used to.

Home is.."
He took in a deep breath through his nose as he stood a bit straighter, looking around the rest of the city. "Not this place. I've never loved Neverwinter. I've always disliked the people here, the hero-worship of the Regulators, Neverember. It all felt... fake."

Wolfe turned back to Cat then, and slowly he reached out a hand to take hers if she let him. "But around you? Home is wherever you're at, Cat. Westra and Euron to a lesser degree. But... wherever you are, I'll be. The world makes more sense with you around in it." He looked to her, then offered a slow smile, a gentle squeeze of her fingers (if she'd let him). "Gods and the Spellplague and the rest? Maybe that's crazy over my head. But I think I'll look at whatever facet I need to as long as you're there with me."
« Last post by Doctor Catriona Wicker on April 25, 2019, 07:55:54 PM »
“Mmm -- in private settings I can call you Wolfe or Hideto, if you find it preferable.  I just default to the formal if in public or around others.”  admitted the scientist with perhaps a bit of adorable over-explaining.

While the concept was not one that particularly fell within her wheelhouse, the doctor listened to his concerns about the arms and armor.  The revering of the craftsman was somewhat unusual to her, but given her own land of inventors, she could respect process.  However, Lantan was a place where advancing an entire society’s knowledge was revered more than just about anything else.  Traditions changed with times, evolution was constant in some shape or form.

“Umm, I think I understand.  But isn’t a weapon supposed to serve a purpose?  In physics we have this law or.. uh.. principle.  Without going to in depth, it states that all the ..stuff in the universe, is always of the same amount.  Nothing is truly destroyed or created, only forms change.”  It was an artful line to walk, not delivering this in a way that underestimated his intelligence.  But in the last few months, particularly in her professoring, she’d come to be able to communicate such concepts in more a more digestible fashion.

“So change the purpose of those weapons.  You are changing constantly.. I even observe this.  Maybe your ancestral sword now can be carried as a totem of strength or put in a display in your home or in a learning center so that others may benefit from it.  The armor as well could become a fixture in a home, tended to and maintained with the respect deserved.”  Catriona somewhat spoke off the cuff here, not sure if what she was saying was insulting or not, but it was obviously she was thinking it through philosophically.  The things one picks up in the mountains of the eastern lands…

But of course this half orc had to one up her on the philosophicals. 

“I don’t know the answer to any of those things.  I’m a scientist and everything I know tells me that time in the Prime can’t actually be changed in the way we perceive.  From what I’ve studied, time is like… like a jewel. And we sapients are able to only look at one facet at any one time. The other facets already exist… have always existed, we just haven’t seen them yet.”

“But you bring 'gods' into it and Spellplague phenomena and...." The bespectacled blonde makes an adorkable expression of being perplexed, accompanying it with a shrug.
« Last post by Wolfe on April 24, 2019, 12:31:06 PM »
Wolfe turned to regard her at his side, a small smile lingering beneath his beard. He nodded at her explanation of the way that she was accustomed to referring to people. It made sense to him, given his own background. "Back home, we speak much the same. I guess I'm out of practice having lived under a table out here for the last few years. I got called on it more than once while I was in Kara Tur; I was able to explain it away most of the time as just being old and forgetful." He winked at her then, as if sharing with her a private jest or inside comment. "So I get understand. If that's what makes you comfortable, call me Mister Wolfe all day."

There was some confusion on his face at her philosophical (he took it as such) clarification of her ability. He didn't say anything at first, mostly he was thinking that over when she looked at his armor and suggested finding another suit or something. He took on a more stoic, thoughtful expression as he considered that. "The Craftsman who made this for me is an honored and revered master of his art. While it might be easier to bear, I would feel wrong about disregarding his efforts on my behalf. I'm feeling the same about Shokan and the sword that we took from that lying prick. Houndsbane it's called, but it seems like for all its power it's cursed. Maybe we'll need it in the time to come, but I feel guilty using it over the sword given to me as a keepsake for my family." He looked to Cat then, regarding her. "Is that too sentimental of me? You're more practical than I am, Doc. Sometimes I feel like I'm clinging to the past, or tradition, to help guide me with all of this stuff I don't understand.

Maybe after all this Gods nonsense I shouldn't be so stubborn. Like you said, we're in this new world of the unknown where we're dealing with things no-one ought to."

Wolfe's eyes looked around at the town as it stood, seeming somber as the weight of the road ahead felt clear and heavier than his armor. "This is all gonna go away if we stop this crazy time changin' lady. Makes you wonder, right? Will we still have met the Gods and stopped one from destroying the world? Are we right now working to sabotage everything we've done so far?

And is the world really better off after having done it, or is the world we're in the better one?"
« Last post by Doctor Catriona Wicker on April 21, 2019, 07:05:01 PM »
Would you prefer Miss Wolfe?
At first she doesn’t fathom what was funny enough to warrant a laugh given their current predicament, but the explanation made her smirk just a little. Perhaps it neared a smile…. perhaps.

“That is just how we Lantanese speak;  honorifics and due respect and all that, even to foes or family.  It probably sounds more normal in gnomish...” The shorter woman shrugged slightly, as such things were instilled in her at a young age.  It was a point of fact that she never introduced herself as just Catriona Wicker, but always put Doctor in the front of that.  Still, that was a vestige from a land and society that was gone.

Her little nose twitched as a stray dog ran by; the chaos of the city likely causing more than its share of unattended pets and livestock.  A slight sniff on her part spoke to those allergies she still had, but in short order the canine went on its way.  She was otherwise quietly attentive as he spoke during their walk.

“It was a protracted period of time and.. Uh.. idle hands and all that,” she offered in response.  Her cheeks flushed slightly as was tended to happen when someone offered her complimentary words.  “Thank you.. and well nothing comes from nowhere, Mister Wolfe.”   As she called him that, he could see she briefly became doubtful of herself on if she would be able to stop doing that and if it even bothered him.

Catriona looked at his armor again and as she was want to do, tried to offer some kind of solution.  “There are less dense metals and materials that I could look into for you.  Elves particularly make their suits of mail with lighter alloys.” 

Her straight hair spilled over a shoulder as she slowly canted her head. How she got those pearl-blonde tresses to be so neat and trim was anyone’s guess. Orlil wasn’t home for me. I don’t really know what we will find there as it was a strange island south of the main.  Our few spellcasters usually went there to do whatever it is they do.  And the navy and other contractors would do testing there as well for odd weapons and other secret matters.  Sometimes you could see unusual lights at night all the way from our city.” she explained.

“I do have… um.. some apprehension of seeing whatever phenomenon remains in the place of where the main island was.  All those volatile experiments at the bottom of the ocean or wherever they went.  I can’t imagine what we might see there.”

Beat.

“But after the last week, I don’t know if we are even allowed to be shocked by anything anymore.” She had a little sense of humor down there, somewhere.
« Last post by Wolfe on April 21, 2019, 04:01:40 PM »
Wolfe issued a bit of a laugh at Cat's way of referring to him as they moved away from the others and headed down toward the docks. "It's funny how you still call me Mister Wolfe. It's respectful, but we've been friends for a while Cat. I figured by now you'd drop the formality a bit." He lifted a burly hand to stroke his beard. "Though, I do call you 'Doc' still, so I guess it's not that out of place."

Turning to regard her he considered the powerful mystic at his side. "That time away made you learn some new tricks. I didn't get time to slow down and tell you about it, but that bit where you make your armor appear from nowhere - that's pretty impressive stuff." A grunt came from the Half-Orc as he rolled his shoulder. "This stuff I wear is pretty damn heavy. Good at doing its job, but I was hoping Neverwinter was in better shape so I could get a nice hot bath."

Considering her again, he slowed his pace and spoke a little lower, something softer than just conversational, even though the streets were mostly clear. "How are you feeling about seeing home again?" He knew she left on bad circumstances and had no great love lost for her father.
« Last post by Doctor Catriona Wicker on April 21, 2019, 02:21:18 AM »
Compartmentalizing...
The prolific scientist's brain was all but overtaxed in recent days.  There was a flurry of strange and unbelievable occurrences that she observed.  It was like one big strange fever dream caused by perhaps tainted goodberries.  With her focus on the logical and the measurable, she pushed the madness to the back of her consciousness.  Whatever holy crisis still needed tending to could be addressed by Westra or Euron, who knew more of the matter.

After the unusual rendezvous within Castle Never, the half-elven doctor followed the others outside.  Part of her  began to wonder why big city politics was always so ridiculously inefficient.  Lantanese politics were at least based on science, algorithms and merit... measurable metrics.

The familiar voice of Wolfe pulled the bosomy dork out of her own thoughts.  She adjusted her glasses while still squinting some in the sunlight.  For the slightest hint of a moment, she saw him striking down the one calling itself Cyric in gruesome, violent manner.  The flash was, however, so brief that she just blinked some and rubbed her eye before responding.

"Certainly, Mister Wolfe. I am actually rather versed in nautical and maritime matters.  I am sure the Queen's Fury is sea-worthy, though.  I've had more than a few walks along the wharf and it's always been the most impressive vessel there." 
End of Ages DTRP / Animal Talk
« Last post by Wolfe on April 21, 2019, 01:02:53 AM »
Wolfe stepped away from Castle Never on the way to the nearest inn with a number of thoughts floating in his head. The Watch was going to need to recruit a number of people to man the ship that had once belonged to Queen Tylmandra and was now firmly in control of the adventuring band. They had the money to spare for the effort - and given the desperate look of the city and its citizenry it likely wouldn't be difficult to find hands to hire. But there were more pressing concerns on Wolfe's mind.

There was a level of guilt he still carried over what had happened in the domain of the God of Lies. He still didn't fully understand everything that had happened. It seemed so surreal that they'd been pulled into an extra-planar divine war, one that saw a God laid low by his own hand.

He couldn't talk to either the Father or Westra about this. Their views were based in a religion Wolfe hadn't grown up in and didn't care to engage in. Faerunians were odd folk compared to the dogmas of Kara Tur.

But Cat wasn't from here. Not really. Lantan seemed very different from everything she'd said and what he'd heard. The destination of the Watch was Cat's home, so there was plenty of reason to want to talk to her...

Nothing to do with what he'd sad back there after the Gods had departed, right?

"Hey. Can I pick your brain for a minute or two?" He asked the Doc specifically as they stepped away from the Castle, nodding toward the docks. "How about we go check out the boat while Westra and Euron try to get us some sailors. They're the more charismatic types anyway."
Logs / Re: Roll20 Session Logs
« Last post by phinn on April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »
Session 57

Wolfe: Wolfe had thrown aside the sword that carried the weight of a thousand thousand slain souls. It had felt light in his hand at the time, but the murder - of the God of Murder - weighed heavier than any set of chains. The rage in him had been almost too much to bear, and the fear, that even more so.
In the wake of Cyric's death, shame filled the whole that exultation should have dwelled within. A bowl that had been emptied of its contents, he felt hollow.

Dungeon Lord: Cyric had fallen, his motionless body lay before the deities and mortals in the room. Two of the three beings of immense power stared down on the half orc with a mix of confusion and outrage on their face. Tyr's black eye sockets, however, locked onto the half orc and the corner of his lips twitched upright with the fainted teases of a smile.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra watched Cyric's death with wide eyes. Looking around to verify that the Lady of Loss and the hound had fled, she relaxed her weapon arm and began to move towards the others. Humbled in the presence of multiple gods (and a god-killer!), she held her tongue for the moment.

Wolfe: "I shouldn't have done that." He said, his voice heavy with breath that burned at his throat. "It was dishonorable."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra put a hand on Wolfe's shoulder, quiet solidarity despite how necessary she felt the blow had been.

Iron-Doc:  The metal-faced doctor looked on with an unreadable expression, movement pausing as the samurai looked to have no grand ill effects.

Tyr: Tyr picked up Godsbane and held it in his other hand. "We find ourselves in the sanctum of the Lord of Lies, where his influence in the most powerful." It seemed like an incomplete thought though the God of Justice offered no more.

Iron-Doc:  Metal sheathed mitts pick up the Gizmo cores of importance, stowing them in a compartment.

Sune: The beautiful woman looked down on the group of four, each of their bodies growing warm at the Deity of Love's gaze. "Are you all well?"

Lathander: The red armor clad knight knelt next to Cyric's corpse and laid a hand on the man's chest.

Iron-Doc:  Soon, GIZMO-6 will join the pok'e'battle.

Wolfe: Wolfe looks over to the Gods that had come to their aid. "Did any of this matter?" He asked them as he looks around the room. "We came here to stop all the fucked up stuff that was happening to the villages - to the people living there, to shadows of our friends from what seems to now be another life."
"Did what we do matter?"

Iron-Doc:  "I would very much like it to leave the premises now." she admits in the background, an answer to that question.

Westra Goldbrook: Sune's prompting nudged Westra from her reflection of the unbelievable things that'd just passed. She nods to account for her own well-being. As the others take stock of themselves, she recalls the weapon she picked up to remove from Cyric's reach. Slowly, she pulled the red blade of the hound from her quiver. She offered it hilt-first to Sune, who was nearest, and then looked to Wolfe with a soft frown.

Sune: Sune smiled at Wolfe. "All is well in Faerun. The events that have transpired have broken the Shadowfell's creep on your realm. Cyric and Shar's spells have been broken."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc issues a slow exhalation of breath, relief clear in his mien.

Westra Goldbrook: "If I may ask... what was the purpose of those spells? Citizens were forced into a spelled sleep... but to what end?"
"And can anyone explain how our timeline was altered or why? We have so many questions."

Sune: "The black hand prayed to Bane, though they had no idea that which responded was not their master. The Lord of Lies and the Lady of Loss answered their prayers, providing a means to ensnare those capable of performing the task of break free the Chaos Hound."
She paused. "Though, what his next plans were, we do not know." She shook her head towards Westra. "We have no need for such a weapon of violence."

Westra Goldbrook: "But does it not control the hound?"

Lathander: Lathander rose and looked to the others. "We must bind him."

Sune: "The Devourer fears it, for it is Houndsbane."

Wolfe: "Bind him?"

Lathander: "You have caused a grievous wound in Cyric, but his essence will endure. We will do what we came here to do."
With that, Lathander picked up the fallen body and tossed it into his throne as if a bag of flour.

Wolfe: "So... he's not dead?"

Tyr: "He is, but he is not."

Wolfe: "Um..."
"What does that mean?"

Tyr: The three gods circled his fallen corpse on the black throne. Sune began to weave a powerful spell with her hands while Lathander drew his spear and moved it slowly in a circle along the ground around the chair, brilliant white light piercing upward from where the pike touched the ground.

Westra Goldbrook: "I believe it means we are free of him but only for a time."
"It takes a great deal to truly kill a god."

Euron Sand: Euron was momentarily shocked speechless at Wolfe's slaying of Cyric, but one the others started talking, he seemed to recover his wits. Cyric was defeated but not fully dead.
"He may recover, but it will likely not be in our lifetimes."

Wolfe: "Oh. Kind of like... Gizmo?"

Westra Goldbrook: That won a wry little smile from Westra. "In a manner of speaking, I suppose so," she said, turning to take stock of where the doctor was.

Wolfe: Wolfe walks over to the Iron Doc, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You alright?"

Dungeon Lord: Tyr held up his sword and it flared with a brilliant light, a moment later massive yellow chains burst forth and wrapped Cyric's body to the black metal, the bonds whined and moaned as they were pulled tighter than any mortal could ever bind. Sune's spell finished the moment Lathander's circle was complete and a red shroud encircled the throne, leaving only the vague outline of the massive chair to be seen by the Watch. The circle grew ever darker into a deep cherry red circle enshrouded the throne and it's king.

Iron-Doc:  Wolfe receives a slow nod in response to his question.

Wolfe: Wolfe turned to watch the madness of Gods chaining a God - or a God's corpse, he wasn't quite clear why or how all of this worked.

Tyr: "The Lord of Lies will remain here for all time, bound for his crimes against Mystra." Tyr's deep voice echoed through the halls.

Wolfe: The idea that Cyric was not truly dead gnawed at him.
"Yeah.. against Mystra."

Euron Sand: "For all time, they say."

Lathander: With that Lathander marked the cherry orb with the tip of spear and runes of binding formed over the entire surface, runes so small they were barely discernible. He turned, and placed his weapon on his back again. "It is done."

Wolfe: "So. What now?"

Tyr: "Shar eludes us more with each passing breath."

Sune: "Go. I will return the mortals to their realm."

Dungeon Lord: Two beams of brilliant light rise out of Tyr and Lathander, and they are gone a moment later, without a word.

Iron-Doc:  Without apparent danger now, the doctor takes a good look at her surroundings, taking in the details for the first time properly.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra, on the other hand, can't seem to stop staring at the gods.

Dungeon Lord: The Throne room seems rather bland as one would think of a God's Throne. Massive suits of armor can be seen at regular intervals in recessed nooks. Massive pillars hold up the hundred foot high ceiling and pale blue light shines in from the 30 foot high windows.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc is notably looking at the floor, rather than staring at Sune and her beyond-normal hotness.

Euron Sand: Euron steps closer to the suits of armor trying to see if there's anything else of interest here.

Sune: "Are you ready?" She asks as she offers the group a smile.

Iron-Doc:  She kneels down and tears off a small bit of the long red rug for analysis later.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra just nods.

Euron Sand: "Yes. Ready."

Iron-Doc:  Standing, the iron woman looks ready for whatever is appoint to happen.

Sune: The the first time, the group blinks out of existence but does not feel the normal side effects of inter-planar travel. They find themselves standing during daylight surrounded by familiar stone structures, though it takes each member a beat to discern where they are.
The Watch finds themselves on the alter where they had fought the shadow dragon just a short time before, though it felt like a distant memory. The sun shone down on them, warming their face with a pleasant tingle. Birds (and frogs from the nearby swamp) could be heard in the distance with no sign of any of the remnants of their battle or the cultists that they had slain.

Wolfe: Wolfe lifts a hand up to forestall the sunlight, feeling almost overwhelmed. The smell of fresh air - the feel of warmth of the sun, long denied, nearly causes him to cry. He chokes up as he takes a deep breath.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra inhales deeply of the fresh air and feels a heavy sense of relief.
"Thank you," she says, to Sune.

Euron Sand: Euron is glad to be back in Faerun. He looks around for a moment, then inhales the fresh air. "Thank you, Sune."
He placed a hand on Wolfe's shoulder.

Sune: "Though they will not acknowledge your aid, I appreciate your efforts in the battle. You have my thanks, sweet creatures." Her smile beams at Euron making him weak in the knees.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc nods to Euron, silently, in thanks.

Euron Sand: Euron returns the smile. He is sad that she is leaving this plane but these moments are are helpful.

Westra Goldbrook: "I.. suppose... we head back to Neverwinter?" she proposes softly, looking around to the others.

Iron-Doc:  The plate kicks up and she looks up at the sky, squinting behind her glasses. It really was all gone.

Sune: She looks to Westra. "A question gnaws at your soul like the dog we just departed. Ask it and I shall provide you guidance Lady Paladin."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc turns up to Sune, his voice soft but certain. "Thanks for not abandoning us back there."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra looks to Sune, surprised at the prompt. She can feel a half-dozen questions fly to her lips, but takes a second to choose one, knowing that this is a rare opportunity.
"When our timeline was altered, it set many things amiss. Do you know of any way we could set it right again, or is it a lost cause?"

Sune: She offers Wolfe a smiling gesture. "You have a heavy heart, but do not despair. Your actions were not entirely your own in such a terrible place."
Sune smiles and nods to Westra. "She that you seek can repair the timeline, or shatter it entirely. There is still time to disrupt her plans, though the window closes at each breathe." The goddess points a single beautiful finger to the South. "There is but one Mythal connected to this plane and she has already entered Abeir."

Wolfe: Wolfe, maybe because he's in Sune's presence, turns to Cat and suddenly wraps his arms around her, embracing her in a warm but powerful hug.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra looks to the south, then back at Sune. "Where? Please, can you tell us anything more? Where must we go? Who is it we must confront?"

Iron-Doc:  But Cat is in an iron suit.

Wolfe: He hugs her through the iron suit.

Iron-Doc:  There are creaks and such,groaning from half orc constriction.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc whispers something into Cat's ear, holding the hug for a moment, and then slowly sets her down as he eases it.

Sune: "Fiarsa Iustigah, or as you know her, Jghara. She seeks to return her child from a fate none can recover. To complete this task is to shatter the entire history of this land. Only by absorbing the essence of Labelas Enoreth can she change his fate in the battle between Bane and Elasias."

Iron-Doc:  She blinks at Wolfe and seems suddenly bashful a moment, though only her face is visible, making it an odd sight.

Sune: "I believe you know this place as Lantan." She clarifies.

Wolfe: Wolfe turns back toward Sune, but still looks to the ground. "That's the Time God, right?"

Sune: She nods.

Iron-Doc:  Still processing Wolfe's words, she is interrupted with the mention of her homeland. "Lantan? The island is... accessible somehow?"

Euron Sand: "If that's where we need to be, then can you take us there?"

Sune: "That is all I can give you. I wish you mortals long and love-filled lives. Care for one another and all things are possible." The Lady looked upon the group for another moment and her emerald eyes danced with joy before she blinked out existence.

Westra Goldbrook: "But--"

Iron-Doc:  Catriona makes a face like she just ate a sour lemon.

Wolfe: Wolfe says goodbye, quietly, to Idariel-Made-A-Goddess.

Iron-Doc:  Then she blinks, before admitting. "She imprinted information in my mind..."

Wolfe: "...What?"

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "Mistress, I am pleased to see you have remained active." A mechanical voice says directly behind Catriona.

Iron-Doc:  Tapping the centerpiece of her suit, the metal plates and armor components fold off in a smooth fashion, segmenting away into her coat's hidden compartments.

Euron Sand: "That was the most unhelpful advice I've ever heard."

Dr Catriona: "It was akin to.. um... a waking dream. Or an unexperienced memory."

Wolfe: "Gods, right?"

Westra Goldbrook: "What did she show you?" she asked the doctor.

Dr Catriona: She looks to the mechagnome, wondering where it came from and why it wasn't with the REX.
"An island called Orlil. A portal within it's caves."

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "Protocol dictated that I relocate the Rex to your last known coordinates once you disappeared from my planar scanners. I did halt this process until the shroud lifted, though you did not appeared on my radar until just now."

Westra Goldbrook: "Do you know how to find this place?" she asked

Dr Catriona: "If it is where it always was, then umm.. yes..."
"I don't know its fate as it is not really a place that was held in high regard within the rest of Lantan."

Westra Goldbrook: "If Sune was to be believed, then finding it is our only change at saving our timeline... and perhaps Neverwinter as well."

Dr Catriona: "The strangest of our kin usually go there. And when I was in the navy, there were rumors of it being used for experimental weapon testing."

Euron Sand: "So...should we be on our way?"

Dr Catriona: She timidly scratches her shoulder, the being the center of attention affecting her mannerisms.
"It is far south. Very far south."
"Full disclosure, I have been waiting to faint for the last two hours."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra frowned, and shook her head, frustrated. "If Jghara is already there, it seems unlikely we'll make it in time to interfere.
She stops at the doctor's admission.
"You are unwell?" she asks, moving near while trying to figure out why she hadn't spoken up when the room full o' gods had offered healing.

Dr Catriona: "Um.. did you not see what we just experienced?"
"There was a titanic canine ridden with.... And... all this..." she stammers, oddly unable to put all the insanity into words.

Westra Goldbrook: "I did..." Westra stammers a little. "I just.. you never.. struck me as the fainty-type," she explained, a little flummoxed.
"Though I admit, it has been a great deal to process."

Dr Catriona: "I take vitamins now."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra gives the doctor an odd look.

Dr Catriona: "But there are no vitamins for that."

Wolfe: "...You take what?"

Westra Goldbrook: "Does any one know a faster way south than the carriage?"

Euron Sand: Even Euron has nothing for that one.

Wolfe: "Boat, probably?"
"Which we can find in Neverwinter."

Westra Goldbrook: "We must hurry."

Dr Catriona: "We would need aquatic transit either way."

Westra Goldbrook: "If we are indeed going...?" she pauses, and looks around to check the faces of those gathered.
"Another impossible task?" she offers, waiting for the consensus.

Euron Sand: "Since when do we back down from a challenge?"
"Or running headlong into the end of the world."

L.E.R.O.Y.:  "I predict a 2.629% probability of success based on the information gathered thus far, though I will go as my mistress commands."

Wolfe: "Never tell me the odds, LEROY."

L.E.R.O.Y.: "Probability computation is one of my core functionalities."

Wolfe: Wolfe leans down to pick Cat up. "Relax, it's been a long day. I'll carry you at least to the REX and we can all ride together."

Dr Catriona: Catriona looks very confused by this. "Um.. that is not necessary."

Wolfe: The Half-Orc grunts some. "It ain't about necessary."

Dr Catriona: She takes out a small medical light and checks Wolfe's pupils. "Were you irradiated by Sune's aura?"

Wolfe: "Irradiated?"

Dr Catriona: Not that she is a medical doctor, but she can check for dilation!

Westra Goldbrook: Westra watches the doctor and wolfe with an odd look on her face for a beat, and then shakes her head and starts towards the wagon.

Wolfe: He growls as she flashes a light in his eyes. "Ow, what're you doing?"

Dr Catriona: "Cosmic entities have physiological effects on organic matter, particularly brain chemistry."

Wolfe: "Are you saying she whammied me?"

Euron Sand: Euron heads for the wagon and away from this place that has taken so much from them. They lost Jinharath and Jonias here. Too many people and too much to the whims and schemes of gods.

Dr Catriona: "You seem abnormally afflicted with positivity."

Dungeon Lord: His pupils do seem dilated and his pulse is well over 100.

Dr Catriona: "Perhaps not intentionally. She is called a goddess of love, or what have you." she explains before moving to walk along with the rest.
She will rebuild GIZMO, 6.0 on the way.

Dungeon Lord: The Watch is able to make their way back to Neverwinter in a matter of days, moving quickly and with the help of robots not needing to sleep, they make good time. The road to Neverwinter seems rather empty for a pleasant summer day. As the approach the city the guards look nervously at the group then at one another, one of the guards raises a hand to stop them as they approach.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc grunts as makes his way back to the REX, not happy with the idea that he got bespelled by the Goddess.
"Westra go ahead and take it."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra sticks her head out of the carriage when it's stopped. "We are citizens of Neverwinter," she explains to the guards (whom she probably knows)

Dungeon Lord: The two men actually do not seem familiar to Westra. "By order of Crown Regent, Neverwinter is not accepting entrants at this time, please return to where you came." The smaller of the two men says.
You then notice the portcullis is down and several archers are on the wall, watching the exchange.

Westra Goldbrook: "The Crown who?" she asks, frowning as she opens the door and steps out of the carriage. "Call your commander. Rutherford still runs the guard, does he not?"
(From Dungeon Lord (GM)): They don't seem like the normal well trained Flaming Fist and City Watch.

Dungeon Lord: "Crown Regent Rutherford has made this decree himself, Ma'am." He seems nervous as she leaves the carriage. "Please return to where you came." He repeats.

Wolfe: Wolfe pokes his head out and looks at the guard.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra narrows her eyes, then eyes the rest of the gathered watchmen.
"I wish to speak with Crown Regent Rutherford. Arrange this, please. We will wait."

Dungeon Lord: The two men looked at each other then looked to one of the men on the wall. "Identify yourselves." A voice comes from the top of the wall.

Euron Sand: "Crown Regent Rutherford?"

Wolfe: "We're The Watch!"

Euron Sand: "This entire thing has gone for bad to worse in a very short time!"

Westra Goldbrook: "We are known as The Watch," she calls back. "We are known to Rutherford."

Dungeon Lord: He seems disinterested. "Fine. You move back 50 yards and we will let you know what the Crown Regent decrees." He points down the road. "No funny business."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra pauses, then nods once. She turns to back the carriage up.

Wolfe: Wolfe ducks his head back in. "What the hells is going on here?"

Dr Catriona: "Actually, this is statistically probable as every time we return to Neverwinter City, something goes wrong."

Euron Sand: "That's worrisome."

Wolfe: "You know."
"We should have found a way to keep that jack-ass bard around."
"Just so people don't always look lost when we say who we are."
"We've done some pretty amazing things and nobody in this damn Plane seems to understand that."

Dungeon Lord: A hour passes before anything of note happens, then one of the soldiers slowly approached the REX. As he reaches shouting distance the group hears a "Hey! WATCHERS! The Crown Regent will see you, we are opening the gate." He then promptly jogs back to his station at the door.

Euron Sand: "With our luck, the timeline will have changed so much that the Spellscar will never have closed."

Wolfe: Wolfe gets out of the Rex.

Dungeon Lord: The guards open the gate and the group is able to enter.

Wolfe: Wolfe heads toward Castle Never.

Westra Goldbrook: Westra marches in alongside the others.

Euron Sand: Euron heads through the gates, watching the guards as he does.

Dr Catriona: The doctor disembarks and follows along quietly.

Dungeon Lord: The guards seem disinterested with the group now that they have been 'cleared'. They nod to Euron as he looks at them.
The city streets are nearly barren, though occasionally some common people are walking. As the group nears a normally crowded market, only a few stalls are occupied and not with the normal overflowing goods as was normal within the city. The city itself seems as it was the last time the group entered though as if paused.
The group finds no guards as they approach the castle, the training yard is barren and entire the place seems absolutely empty of people. A single guard stands at two heavy, large double doors that lead into the castle proper.
His voice cracks a little as he calls out to the group. "Who goes there?"

Westra Goldbrook: "We are the Watch, here at the Crown Regent's request," Westra informs them, bewildered by the state of the city.

Dungeon Lord: "Oh...yes." He stands aside and opens the door, allowing them to enter. "The Crown Regent is expecting you, he can be found in his dining hall, third door on the right."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra heads inside, expression grim.

Wolfe: "What the hells is going on?"

Euron Sand: Neverwinter had always been so full of life. Euron barely recognized the metropolis in its empty state. This whole situation is terrible.

Dungeon Lord: The once proud man named Cullen Rutherford had never looked so small in the instant the Watch found him in the dining hall. His face seemed sunken and his eyes heavy with lack of sleep. He was sitting bent over at the end of Neveremeber's massive table, alone, and with a small bowl of porridge. He seemed lost in thought, having not touched the food or noticing the group entering the room.

Westra Goldbrook: "Commander," Westra said, forgetting herself for a moment and falling back to habit.

Cullen Rutherford: He cleared his throat and righted himself the instant he knew he was not alone.

Wolfe: "RUTHERFORD." Wolfe's voice booms through the hall. "We're back, we stopped the crap that was messing with the towns that you sent your boys to fix."

Cullen Rutherford: He offered a tired smile to Westra. "Miss Goldbrook, I am so pleased to see you returned safely. I see you were able to locate the others."
He looked at Wolfe's boisterous decree. "Ahhh, Gods be good. That is some light in this world."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra doesn't know what to say for a moment, and then finally shakes her head. "Commander what has happened?"

Wolfe: "You look like shit."

Euron Sand: Euron enters, hands behind his back, and looks at the man that was supposed to be the Crown Regent. He'd looked more hale and hearty when Euron last saw him.
That was two weeks ago. What had changed so much in two weeks that he looked like this?

Cullen Rutherford: "The city is falling into ruin without the Lord and Lady of Neverwinter." He sighed. "Without Neveremeber to pay the troops, nearly the entire Flaming Fist has deserted and much of the City Watch as well."

Wolfe: "But where are the PEOPLE?"

Westra Goldbrook: "In two weeks' time?" she asked, not wanting to believe it.

Dr Catriona: "Is that not just like... one pay period...?"
Doctor Wicker starts to not think too greatly about the watch. #NeverwinterGovernmentShutdown

Cullen Rutherford: "Most residents remain in their homes, something was going on before they disappeared. I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it, but it seems many of the soldiers have not been paid previously."
"Some of the soldiers, rightfully due pay, have decided to take their pay in less scrupulous manners, since there are not enough men left to even man the walls. Which, is why I have closed the city."

Wolfe: "So you need Tylmandra and Dickface to take care of this town?"

Westra Goldbrook: "No. We need to set things aright, so that this will never have happened," she said more quietly, looking to Wolfe and the others. "We must go to Lantan."

Wolfe: Wolfe looks to Westra, considering her. He gives a slow nod of approval.

Cullen Rutherford: "We need his money to pay the men. The treasury is nearly empty. It seems Neverember has been place the taxes in his personal coffers for protecting the city and paying the guards."
"Lantan? We need to find the Lord and Lady!"
"I will give you whatever is left in the treasury! Just....help...me!" He lets his hands fall on his bent head.

Wolfe: Wolfe's eyes narrow at the Captain.
"I thought that you were a better man."
"Or is this what you've always been, beneath your smiles and beneath your jokes and your good humor?"
"Bailing out a Half-Orc to do your dirty work."

Westra Goldbrook: "Wolfe, now may not be the best time..."

Cullen Rutherford: "How dare you! I haven't slept in a week while trying to save this city that has been tearing itself apart." He looked to Wolfe with despair in his eyes. "Just go to Latan or back to the bottom of a bottle, I care not anymore! JUST GET OUT!"

Dr Catriona: "Doing the work of gods and now politicians and leaders... I think a name change may be appropriate. To Ass-Savers." she dryly says to no one in particular while adjusting her glasses.

Wolfe: "Listen." The Half-Orc says with a sharpness to put period on the sentence. "We're not going to find Neverember for you, Rutherford. Or Tylmandra. We're chasing after something a lot worse. If we make it work, it'll fix everything - not that you'll fucking remember it, which seems to be our lot in life."

Euron Sand: Euron laughs at Cat's jest. He agrees, but with cleaner language.

Wolfe: Wolfe steps over toward Cullen and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Look at me, Rutherford."

Dr Catriona: Catriona can at times be low key savage, it is true.

Wolfe: "You're a leader of men. You can either do your best, or you can sit here and whine that it's not enough."
"If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. If it fails, you fail. But better to fail trying than sitting here with your fucking porridge."

Cullen Rutherford: "I'm trying to find a way. My best....isn't good enough. I have no men, I have no money, I have an empty garrison and a city full of well trained killers looting, robbing, and raping."

Wolfe:
"So stop them."
"You got a sword, Cullen."
"Stand up and do the right thing."

Cullen Rutherford: He considered Wolfe's words for a moment, though their exchange had not been very cordial.

Wolfe: The Half-Orc pats Cullen's shoulder, then turns to the other. "Let's find a boat."

Westra Goldbrook: "There are good people in this city, Commander. Give them someone to follow, and they will."

Euron Sand: "You can do it, Crown Regent. Show them the light and they'll follow."

Cullen Rutherford: He looked again to the Half-Orc, with a different emotion in his sunken eyes. "You are right, all of you." He stood and moved to leave the room motioning for the guard to follow him. "Call on the conscripts to the yard and all soldiers not absolutely mandatory off the walls."

Westra Goldbrook: "Alright. A boat," she says, nodding to the others.

Cullen Rutherford: He looks to her just as he is walking out of the room. "Lady Goldbrook, take the "Queen's Fury." Lady Tylmandra would want you all to use her ship.
"Though you will need to find a crew."

Westra Goldbrook: Westra blinks.

Wolfe: "Uh."

Westra Goldbrook: "As you say. Thank you."

Wolfe: "How big of a boat is that?"

Cullen Rutherford: Wolfe should know that the Queen's Fury is about a 90 foot ship and would require a crew of about fifty men.
Which is likely not a difficult employment to fill considering the current situation in Neverwinter.

Euron Sand: Euron had heard of the Queen's Fury. The ship was impressive.

Cullen Rutherford: "Godspeed, Champions." He turns and walks out of the door.
End Session 58 & Arc III
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal