collapse

* Who's Online

3 Guests, 0 Users
Users active in past minutes:

Most Online Today: 18. Most Online Ever: 198 (November 05, 2019, 12:34:26 AM)

* Recent Posts

SW Ep6 Roll20 Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
January 12, 2021, 09:59:18 PM

Animal Talk
►Last Post by Doctor Catriona Wicker
April 29, 2019, 10:39:18 PM

Roll20 Session Logs
►Last Post by phinneas
April 08, 2019, 09:37:05 AM

Getting the band back together
March 06, 2019, 01:14:45 AM

Alone in the Dark
February 20, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Absences & Scheduling Issues
►Last Post by Euron Sand
November 16, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

The Forgotten
►Last Post by Levinath
November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 AM

Kara-Tur Adventures
October 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM

Jinharath
►Last Post by Jinharath
October 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

Trolling
►Last Post by Jonias Siannodel
October 05, 2018, 11:16:22 PM

Loose Ends (Post Session 27)

• 28 Replies
Description:

Westra Goldbrook

Re: Loose Ends (Post Session 27)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 11:58:21 AM »
"I live to serve, Lord Neverember," Westra said, confidently, once Hogarth had been dismissed. "And I am eager to prove that the faith that has been placed in me has been well spent. Forgive me if this is out of turn, but if you give me the details of the assignment now, I can depart from Lurkwood at the end of the week and still tend to your matters in Luskan. I do not anticipate it taking long to locate the missing detachment - it is a sizable group of armed men, after all. And if it does take more than a pair of days, the search can be continued after Luskan is dealt with. I am concerned for my brother, it is true, but I have pledged my service to Neverwinter, Lord Neverember. I have never put my personal matters ahead of my duty, and I do not intend to begin now."

Levinath

• If it works, I can break it.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »

“You are full of surprises Captain. Cullen has assured me you are the best woman for the job, so I will trust him in this. The four Captains controlling the council of Luskan are leading the city and its people to ruin. As I already described the unrest and suffering in the streets while these fools carry on like kings behind their closed and guarded doors.” He walked to the side of the room and poured himself a glass of wine, not offering any to Westra. He took a slow drink and leaned against the table, facing her again.

“The fools already plot and scheme against one another, I need you to identify one of them and help him remove the others from power. Once we have a single true Lord of Luskan, we will convince him to serve Neverwinter and send aid to clean the streets of fiends and debauchery. I would suggest High Captain Baram, though the final choice I leave to you.”

“They have a banquet the evening of Eleint 21st (10 days away), the Autumn Solstice, that ‘my emissaries’ will be attending. This will allow you to speak with each of the Captains and develop a relationship with each. I would suggest dividing your group in a manner to allow you to each speak with one of them, but how you handle their downfall is not of my concern, so long as only one remains and he is loyal to Neverwinter and the Queen.”

Westra Goldbrook

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
Westra watched Neverember with a deferential respect while he explained his needs. It did not even register with the paladin that she wasn't offered wine; he was her commanding officer, not her host, and it would have been strange to her if he had offered. She took in the details about Luskan and what he wished to see accomplished, and it sounded to Westra like no small feat. She was taken aback for a moment, and could not understand why some sort of professional diplomat or spymaster wouldn't be tasked with that sort of work. While she could understand that Luskan was in a dangerous state of affairs that clearly needed order, she hardly saw herself as the type to sweet-talk heads of state into treaties and pacts.

Still, if her commanders believed her capable, then she would find a way, she decided. The only question at hand was whether it would be physically possible to do as she hoped.

"Did you say the banquet is in ten days? Or two weeks?" she asked, recalling what Hogarth had said moments before. "If it is indeed the former, I will have to wait to see to Lurkwood. It will take all of ten days to travel there and then to Luskan. If that is the case, however, I am at your command, milord. Antony would wish no less."

Levinath

• If it works, I can break it.
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 02:32:58 PM »

Neveremeber let out a long sigh. “What is the day? We have not had much rest the last fortnight.” After Westra clarified the current date Neveremeber confirmed the Solstice banquet was ten days away. He finished his wine and studied her for a beat. “If there is nothing else, I will have word sent to expect you to the Captains.”

He gave her a salute and then turned to walk into the hall. "Hogarth!!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal